EUREKA -- the mutual fund problem is fixed

I just tried once more to update my Fidelity Funds in MS Money and, this
time, the update worked.  Both the quotes and the date were correct.
EUREKA!

Honestly, thanks to all who, like me, bugged Microsoft endlessly to
understand the complexities of this problem and to get it fixed.  We did it!

0
Chleven (48)
11/2/2005 12:43:05 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"Chuck Leven" <CHLeven@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just tried once more to update my Fidelity Funds in MS Money and, this
>time, the update worked.  Both the quotes and the date were correct.
>EUREKA!

Mine just updated too.  Fidelity included.  :-)

Bruce.

0
bachastain (63)
11/2/2005 1:11:17 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Chuck Leven wrote:

>I just tried once more to update my Fidelity Funds in MS Money and, this
>time, the update worked.  Both the quotes and the date were correct.
>EUREKA!
>
>Honestly, thanks to all who, like me, bugged Microsoft endlessly to
>understand the complexities of this problem and to get it fixed.  We did it!

A lot is fixed, but there may be some funds still being worked on.
0
NoMailTnx (131)
11/2/2005 4:11:35 AM
Yes, that is my experience.  Not all are coming through yet.  In fact,
within som families of funds some are being updated, and some are not.

"Cal Learner" <NoMailTnx@please.com> wrote in message
> In microsoft.public.money, Chuck Leven wrote:
>
>>I just tried once more to update my Fidelity Funds in MS Money and, this
>>time, the update worked.  Both the quotes and the date were correct.
>>EUREKA!
>>
>>Honestly, thanks to all who, like me, bugged Microsoft endlessly to
>>understand the complexities of this problem and to get it fixed.  We did
>>it!
>>

> A lot is fixed, but there may be some funds still being worked on.

0
woppenhe (160)
11/2/2005 5:44:17 AM
If this problem persists, please do let Microsoft know, as the messages I
got from the today indicate they believe the whole problem has been fixed.

"woppenhe" <woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote in message
> Yes, that is my experience.  Not all are coming through yet.  In fact,
> within som families of funds some are being updated, and some are not.
>
> "Cal Learner" <NoMailTnx@please.com> wrote in message
>> In microsoft.public.money, Chuck Leven wrote:
>>
>>>I just tried once more to update my Fidelity Funds in MS Money and, this
>>>time, the update worked.  Both the quotes and the date were correct.
>>>EUREKA!
>>>
>>>Honestly, thanks to all who, like me, bugged Microsoft endlessly to
>>>understand the complexities of this problem and to get it fixed.  We did
>>>it!
>>>

>> A lot is fixed, but there may be some funds still being worked on.

0
Chleven (48)
11/2/2005 2:03:25 PM
Today, everything seems to work ok.  They finally got it under control.
 Till next time.

> If this problem persists, please do let Microsoft know, as the messages I
> got from the today indicate they believe the whole problem has been fixed.
>
> "woppenhe" <woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote in message
>> Yes, that is my experience.  Not all are coming through yet.  In fact,
>> within som families of funds some are being updated, and some are not.
>>
>> "Cal Learner" <NoMailTnx@please.com> wrote in message

>>> A lot is fixed, but there may be some funds still being worked on.

0
woppenhe (160)
11/3/2005 6:18:22 AM
What route do you suggest to notify them? My experience with on-line tech
support on 10/21 or 10/22 when this all started, was dismal.

BTW, today, 11/3, at about 6:30 pm EST, I again see today's price and
yesterday's date for my American Funds. So maybe the problem has resurfaced.

On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:03:25 -0500, "Chuck Leven" <CHLeven@hotmail.com> wrote:

>If this problem persists, please do let Microsoft know, as the messages I
>got from the today indicate they believe the whole problem has been fixed.
>
>"woppenhe" <woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote in message
>> Yes, that is my experience.  Not all are coming through yet.  In fact,
>> within som families of funds some are being updated, and some are not.
>>
>> "Cal Learner" <NoMailTnx@please.com> wrote in message

>>> A lot is fixed, but there may be some funds still being worked on.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/3/2005 11:39:44 PM
Dreamer! It's all fouled up again.

"Chuck Leven" wrote:

> I just tried once more to update my Fidelity Funds in MS Money and, this
> time, the update worked.  Both the quotes and the date were correct.
> EUREKA!
>
> Honestly, thanks to all who, like me, bugged Microsoft endlessly to
> understand the complexities of this problem and to get it fixed.  We did it!

0
Phiddy1 (7)
11/3/2005 11:58:03 PM
Go to the Help and Support section of the Microsoft web page, find your
product, and then either do "send an e-mail" or "on-line chat".  Good luck!

"Myrna Larson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What route do you suggest to notify them? My experience with on-line tech
> support on 10/21 or 10/22 when this all started, was dismal.
>
> BTW, today, 11/3, at about 6:30 pm EST, I again see today's price and
> yesterday's date for my American Funds. So maybe the problem has
> resurfaced.
>

> On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:03:25 -0500, "Chuck Leven" <CHLeven@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>If this problem persists, please do let Microsoft know, as the messages I
>>got from the today indicate they believe the whole problem has been fixed.
>>
>>"woppenhe" <woppenhe@ucla.edu> wrote in message
>>> Yes, that is my experience.  Not all are coming through yet.  In fact,
>>> within som families of funds some are being updated, and some are not.
>>>
>>> "Cal Learner" <NoMailTnx@please.com> wrote in message

0
Chleven (48)

Pivot tables in Excel
Yippee, I am so happy, I finally figured out how to trick excel into not showing the blank cell in a pivot table without limiting my data set! In the Pivot table layout move the field from row to page. Then double click on the field and click on the "blank" to hide it. Move the field back to row and hit finish. It seems like you always have to "trick" MS software to do what you want. ...

How do i fix this error in access
I created a database in microsoft access. I have been trying to open some of the forms that I created but after several tries I keep getting this error message "Not enough memory. Please close un-needed programs." Can someone please help in fixing this. I created 13 forms and 8 of the forms are opening but the other five forms arent. I get the above error when I try. I have uninstalled and re-installed microsoft office several times, and no other programs are opened when I get this error. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Alicia Alicia, unless you actually do have too man...

Smart List problem
I recently re-installed a client (version 9.0). Everything went fine but when we tried to open Smartlist on this client we got an error message telling us that “To use Smartlist capability in this product the Smartlist tables must be built. This is one time initialization process and may take a few minutes”. I answered yes, it ran and then returned the following error “number of columns does not match table definitions”. Every other machine is working fine, is the tables it is talking about building on the client? It does not seem like that should be so. It does not matter ...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

Problem when switching datasource
Help please :) I have created an excel report, that retrieves its data from a view. From that data i have created several sheets with different pivottables. The view is based per country, so each country has to connect to their own view. So I use the same file and change the datasource. It looks fine when i have updated. BUT when I use the dropdown on a field, the old values from the last data are still visible, however they dont show anything if you choose them. For example France has sales men a +b and Sweden c+d. when switching datasource from france to sweden, only c+d should be visible i...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Problems with loading xml from XmlTextWriter
I use an XmlTextWriter to generate xml data. The declaration is: System.Text.StringBuilder sb = new System.Text.StringBuilder(); System.IO.StringWriter sw = new System.IO.StringWriter(sb); XmlTextWriter w = new XmlTextWriter(sw); And I write to it using .... w.WriteElementString("foo","bar"); When the creation is done, I need to load it into DOM to select an XmlNode or an XmlElement to apply to another method (which I cannot control). I thought I could do it with: XmlDocument xDoc = new XmlDocument(); xDoc.Load(sb.ToString()); XmlNode node = xDoc.SelectSingleNode(&...

Problem access variable in On Format
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am trying to format the Zip Code on the detail line of my report. I have tried the following lines of code in both the On Format event and the On Print event: If len([PostalCode]) > 5 Then : : end if or if len(Me.PostalCode) > 5 Then : : end if In both events and either code, I receive the error message: Access can't find the field 'PostalCode' referred to in your expression. If I put "PostalCode" as the source of the report's control...

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

Problem inserting delta symbol into Excel
Dear Group, Hello. I recently posted a question related to the issue of putting a mu (=B5) symbol into MS Excel charts. Someone kindly suggested using the Alt-numeric code (alt-0181) to place this symbol into the spreadsheet cell which then showed up nicely in the chart. However, when I try to do this same operation using alt+ NumPad 68 (susposed to give the delta symbol), all I get is a capital D. What gives? Why does one symbol work and not the other? I even downloaded the program QuickKeys from SourceForge.net and this still did not solve the problem. Any ideas?? Thank you....

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

RMS and/or PC Charge Problems
We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge: For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is swiped or keyed into the system: • DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages) • DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction) • TIMED OUT Attempted solutions: • Turned modem off and on • Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in • Turned the server on/off • Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS • RMS said it is PC Charge • Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS What works:...

Excel deleting xml item problem
I have an excel macro (in an add-in) that is called by the main excel macro that is deleting various items in an xml file When it gets to the last line as below it generates the following message “An unhandled error occurred: Object variable or with block not set” the variable is dimensioned see Dim statement that I have copied here. This has worked for some time with no problem but suddenly out of the blue generates this error. I have tried replacing the xml file with a copy, also tried replacing the add-in with a copy (in case either have been corrupted). The error desc...

cdrom.sys corrupt in Win7
Yesterday Win7 decided to no longer show my 2 LiteOn DVDRW drives. I've tried to re-install/repair the driver (6.1.7600.16385) and everytime I get the same response = my current driver is good. BUT, then when I check with Device Manager, it shows that the drives are not working. Can anyone help me get a new cdrom.sys installed into the system32/drivers folder? Booting up with the Win7 DVD will work. But I can't find the cdrom.sys on the disk. No other repair options are there to get this fixed. Help would certainly be appreciated. I don't want to have to start all o...

Other problem with recent update that locks you out without product key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key, but I'm also finding that I'm getting a sound stutter when I watch movies online with Netflix. This wasn't happening before the download and I don't get the stutter when I switch to Windows operating system. Is anyone else having this trouble and have you been able to fix it? Thanks. Hey !! I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key because on my mac, download updates come through automatically. ...

Dialog based problem in vc6
Hi, I am writing an mfc project in vs6 and I have a problem! When I add radio button to my dialog based application and run the application and press that button my application hang, even when I try to run it in the test mode inside visual studio and press that radio button it stack the all environment why?? It append only if I add a radio button for a regular button its all ok! I install sp-6 but it didn't solve the problem. Thanks "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eq14GyguEHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am writing an mfc project in ...

Problem with Outlook error message
Hi everyone - I just started having problems in Outlook 2003 after uninstalling Mozilla Firefox broswer. Every time I try to open a URL in an Outlook message I get the following error message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restirctions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Any way to get rid of this? I've already changed all *.htm and *.html associations to IE. Thanks for your help!!! scripteez wrote: > Hi everyone - > > I just started having problems in Outlook 2003 after uninstalling > Mozilla Firefox broswer. Every...

Outlook 2003 Signature Problem
I've created a signature with my company logo (.jpg file) using Outlook 2003. When the signature is attached in my email, the photo/icon file shows a box with an 'x' in place of the .jpg file. I checked the location where the files are stored and I found the .jpg file in the proper folder under signatures. Thanks in advance for your help. Mike Tools - options -security tab, click on change automatic download settings. Change to what you want. "Mikeul" <Mikeul@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1132112656.7e1c9b39fdb73a3c7ed44fdbd3e3fbc4@fe5.teranews.com......

Rounding generated on funds application
We are finding that an incorrect rounding entry is being created when we apply a cash receipt against a receivables invoice. The rounding amount generates an entry something like: DR AR 13,317.05 CR Rounding 13,317.05 We would have expected the rounding to be in the pennies, not thousands. The rounding amount almost equals the total amount of the invoice. The invoice & payment both balance in the functional currency without this additional rounding entry being created. Any idea how to prevent this from happening? We're having to do a journal entry to back this out each time it hap...

Hyperlink Problem #6
Hi all, Maybe someone can help me with a hyperlink problem we have. We have an index spreadsheet with links to all our main documents etc. These documents can be Pdfs, gifs Jpegs etc. I would have expected that when you click on the hyperlink the document would open with the program associated with the file type. On my particular box, the image file ( gif, jpeg) open in internet explorer although the association to the file should use irfranview, on other machine the file opens in Irfranview. I am not understanding why the file should open in different programs although the file associa...

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

Outlook Draft Email Print Problem
I have emails saved in draft but when i go to print them it doesnt show who it is being sent to and the fact it hasnt been sent yet, i have played with the setting but to no avail. I am using outlook 2003 any help would be appriciated. Turn off WordMail before printing the draft (Tools | Options | Mail Format) or wait to print until after you send it. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx <kpmail76@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:...