ETF - Money Premium Quote Weirdness and Not Updating Tonight

Several ETF's in my portfolio are refusing to update today, even well after
market closed. At same time noticed money had dropped some of my etf symbols
as well and had to re-enter. ETFs include  VEIEX, TIP, BND. Also several
Vanguard mutual funds not updating, mostly bond funds. All else ok and if I
click through to quote detail end up at right place on Money Central. Anyone
else seeing this behavior?
0
gcraig (37)
10/6/2009 12:50:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"gcraig" <gcraig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several ETF's in my portfolio are refusing to update today, even well
> after
> market closed. At same time noticed money had dropped some of my etf
> symbols
> as well and had to re-enter. ETFs include  VEIEX, TIP, BND. Also several
> Vanguard mutual funds not updating, mostly bond funds. All else ok and if
> click through to quote detail end up at right place on Money Central.
> Anyone
> else seeing this behavior?

This has been going on since about May of this year for Money UK users.

I have sold positions that have stopped updating, and invested in funds that
do continue to update.

I have emailed MS Money support, and they reply that they are no longer
supporting Money.

However, they claim that they are continuing to support MSN Money online
portfolio manager - even though the same funds do not update in that
portfolio either.

0
spam1 (174)
10/7/2009 8:29:31 AM
Thanks so much for replying. Now at least I know it isn't something I've
done. It seems like Portfolio is continuing to show performance over long
term though in Reports I have a Performance Over Time Report and the same
problem is showing up there is I set the reporting period to short periods.
This is definitely a problem for me though I don't think I'm going to go as
far as you did to fix it.

Thanks again for response

"RichT" wrote:

> "gcraig" <gcraig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Several ETF's in my portfolio are refusing to update today, even well
> > after
> > market closed. At same time noticed money had dropped some of my etf
> > symbols
> > as well and had to re-enter. ETFs include  VEIEX, TIP, BND. Also several
> > Vanguard mutual funds not updating, mostly bond funds. All else ok and if
> > click through to quote detail end up at right place on Money Central.
> > Anyone
> > else seeing this behavior?
>
> This has been going on since about May of this year for Money UK users.
>
> I have sold positions that have stopped updating, and invested in funds that
> do continue to update.
>
> I have emailed MS Money support, and they reply that they are no longer
> supporting Money.
>
> However, they claim that they are continuing to support MSN Money online
> portfolio manager - even though the same funds do not update in that
> portfolio either.

0
gcraig (37)

Why Money
Can anyone give me a good pitch on why I should use MS Money for my small business. I was wondering about quicken or paying out for Quickbooks but Microsoft money seemed like a good option also. I am not so full of business that my accounts are so aloof, but I do want a good program. So if MS Money is a good choice than which one should I get?? Thanks. Small Business Edition-I'm assuming you're in the US? "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7JMRa.17810$F92.1668@afrodite.telenet-ops.be... > > "misslemike" <misslemike@msn....

Hide "You are about to" message box
How do you bypass all of the "You are about to" messages that pop up when you run an append or delete query so it just runs without you having to hit the yes button in the message? From the Access menu Tools, Options, and select the Edit/Find tab. In the Confirm section, uncheck the warning messages you don't want to see. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Supe" wrote: > How do you bypass all of the "You are about to" messages that pop up when you > run an append or delete query so it just runs without you having to hit the > yes button i...

Excel 2003 giving annoying "Send/Don't Send" error when closing
I am accessing an instance of Excel 2003 through a Codegear C++ program I'm writing. The code looks something like this (not that it really matters all that much): TExcelApplication* ea = new TExcelApplication(this); ea->Connect(); ExcelWorkbookPtr ewbPtr = ea->get_ActiveWorkbook(); // do stuff... ewbPtr.Release(); delete ea; ea = 0; I can connect to Excel and write to it just fine. However, when I try to disconnect from it and close/delete the Excel application instance, I get an annoying Excel error message that says, "Excel has encountered a problem and...

Money Plus Annual Update?
There was an article over the weekend in the Cleveland, OH newspaper that reviewed the financial software offerings and said that there would be no further annual updated from Microsoft Money, thus Money + is that last version. Is this correct? Has Microsoft abandoned us? We noticed that our version of Money+ was purchased in August, 2007 but apparently nothing since. There will not be a "formal" annual version but around the time of update timeouts I expect to see what I will call from want of a better description, Service Packs. So if there is any added functionality then...

Money 04 Trended Items
Anyone know if / how it is possible to either disable, or reset the "trended items" in Microsoft Money 2004?? It is very frustrating, I know the program would work if I could clear out all the old numbers from previous income and such. Please help. You must be talking about trended items in the cash flow forecast? IIRC from M04, there is a "Customize Cash Flow" link--left side of page--that allows you to exclude trended items. "GoodTrouble" <GoodTrouble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50A34ECA-63D9-4E18-9AB3-8D4C59F49F79@microsoft...

MnyBank : Ofc Ofx file conversion and Money import
Version 1.5.9 : bugs correction on Qif files Money 2005 do not accept any more Ofc files and the Ofx files delivered by my bank where invalid. So I write this program, it can be use to : - convert QIF, OFC files to OFX V1 (Money 2000->Money 2004) or OFX V2 (Money 2005, XML files) - convert OFX V2 files to OFXV1 - check transactions in files before send them in Money - archive bank transaction in a database (MS Acces format) This program is a freeware. It's a dotnet program, you have to install : 1- Framework .Net 1.1 2- MS Jet 4.0 3- MDAC 2.7 or greater 4- MnyBank GUI is in englis...

Is there a publisher "reader"?
Is there a program that can read .pub files....other than Microsoft Publisher obviously? Much appreciated. -Chris Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] wrote: > Nope. > Thanks for the reply... Didn't think there was...but thought it would be worth a shot. I just used the PrimoPDF to convert so I can send it around the office. Thanks again. -Chris Nope. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "cldnails" <cldavidson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9I...

Money Small Business 2006
Does the 2006 version of Money Small business support using business categories in the budget? Also, does the new version support a tax line item for self-employed health insurance payments? ...

Money for Singapore
Is there a version of Microsoft Money that is for Singapore? Or does Microsoft have such plans? If not, which country's version will be suitable for Singapore? Regards Bharathan ...

Does My Money 2004 have a virus
When backing up money, I get a message stating 'This item has been deleted, possibly by another application.' This message also displayed in Money 2002 when I backed up my file. Could I have a virus of some sort or does any one know what's going on here. -- I need mo_money ...

Assigning "Normal" Importance to incoming email
Hi, I have the Rules Wizard set up to assign an importance level to incoming emails which I then group by. The problem is that many receive a level of "None" even though the Wizard is supposed to give it a "Normal" level. The "High" and "Low" assignments work fine but for some reason "Normal" only works sporadically resulting in a few "Normal" assignments and a lot with "None." Has anyone found this quirk in their settings? Thanks, Steve ...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

Done With M$Money
That's it for me. I will no longer submit to the bi-annual upgrade extortion racket. There are simply too many other viable personal finance products out there that don't sunset features/operating system support. Don't be a lemming! What alternatives do you have in mind? And what are you doing with your existing data set? "belexes" <belexes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A880277-CC81-4B2E-A77E-AEC6C8EEAEC6@microsoft.com... > There are simply too many other viable personal finance products out > there that don't sunset feat...

M2006
I sold some of my Fidelity Select Money Market for the first time in a few years and while just looking at 2007 Cap Gains Report ( to see if est tax payments due) I notice that the $3000 sale of FSLXX shows a Cap Gain of $2665 ??? It shows my last purchase ( 7/2005 - that's right ) and the sale date. If I show just my brokerage account, it shows nothing for FSLXX in " Price Appreciation". I checked every FSLXX entry and price always $1. Price history shows only $1 entries .... I DID have reinvested dividends every months for the past X years, but I'm sure it wasn'...

how do I type in the "^" operator (I just cut & pasted that)????
What are the keystrokes for entering that operator into an excel cell? Yes, I'm an idiot. Try this: Hold down the [Shift] key and press the [6] key (it's over the T and Y keys) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "tb" wrote: > What are the keystrokes for entering that operator into an excel cell? Yes, > I'm an idiot. SHIFT+6 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "tb" <tb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC387BE7-937B-4798-8666-E540DA87D...

Problems with Money 2005 file in two different computers
I upgraded to Money 2005 from 2004 (have been doing this since Money 97 without a problem), installed Money 2005 on my notebook, updated it to be compatible with the one on my desktop... BUT now when I try to open my money file on the notebook I get this message: "The place you are trying to reach only functions in the Business version of Money, and can't be used in the version you are using now. If you want to use this place you will have to upgrade to Microsoft Money Small Business." What place???? I don't want to go any place!!! All I want to do is use my money file (it ...

Update Rollup 2 and Terminal Server
I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? I can't find any direction on this so any hints would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Having the same issue myself. Can anyone point us to some suggestions? -Eric "NW" wrote: > I've been using the terminstall.cmd script that MS put together for > installing CRM 3 for Outlook on Terminal Server. > > How should I install the UR 2 on Terminal Server? > > I can't find any dir...

Update Formula
Hi All, I have lots of formulas in a worksheet. They calculate sums from other figures. I need to add ROUND function at the beginning of each of these formulas. e.g. I want to say =Round(existing formula,0). To update this manully would take a very long time. Is there a possibility of automation? Thanks for your help. Regards, See this article http://google.com/groups?threadm=vpthriq8296g3e%40news.supernews.com from the group archives: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* In article <2cacc01c469a8$1c905620$a401280a@phx.gbl>, <anonymous@d...

Microsoft Money 2001 Runtime error
I am getting the following runtime error when I try to start Microsoft Money 2001 Deluxe using Windows XP. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Product support no longer supports this version. Money: Runtime Error! Program C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT MONEY\SYSTEM\MSMONEY.EXE This application required the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Try the steps in the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305254&Product=mny "Tracie" <traciemjordan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a84201c435fd$2f7b6330$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I a...

Money vs Quicken #4
I am having trouble with my Quicken and am thinking of switching to MSoft Money. I have only basic needs with no stock items etc. Your opinions would be welcome. Thanks... Bob My mother has used Quicken for 10 years and often asked me for help. I have used MS Money for about the same length of time and personally have found it easier to use. As I have told several friends and family, determine what your financial institutions support better and use it. Both products are very similar and perform some items slightly different. If the financial institutions support both then I per...

variances--a way to "wash out"?
Hello: A GP 10.0 client of ours is concerned abotu the Purchase Price Variance account. Althoughm by design of GP, this account gets "built" when there is a difference between the shipment and invoice cost amount, she woudl like for that account to be washed out somehow. Although it would be nice if this happened at year-end somehow, I don't think it does. Will she have to conduct a manual journal entry in order to wash this out? Thanks! childofthe1980s What does she want it to get 'washed out' (allocated) to? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www...

Getting rid of old updates
When microsoft installs a new update, why do they not take out the old ones and how do I know which updates I can delete from my computer? I have tons of them! -- freakydi Have a look at this article. It may be relevant to your prºblem. Save Space After Installing Updates <http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm> Another link that may be of interest - <http://www.pctipsbox.com/clearing-out-space-on-your-parents-system-hard-drive> hope that helps! -=- "freakydi" wrote: > When microsoft installs a new update, why do th...

%s in XL entered as ".5" OR "50" reads as 50% if format is %age.
I have a spreadsheet I work with every day and I use fractional percentages, between 0-1%. If the field is formatted as Percentage, and I type in ".5", it reads it as 50%, which it would be if it weren't a percentage. But it is. It's a half percent. By typing in "50", I also get 50%, which doesn't make sense. If I type in "5" I get 5%, if I type in ".5", I should get .5%. Is there a way to make this happen, or is this just a glitch in Excel? Please help me figure this out. Thanks. abuzzmaster@yahoo.com Try this, Buzz: http://www.office...

Would anybody help me to recover the "Exception List Rule" on O2000?
I have removed it and I don't know how to recover it. Thank you. Have you enabled the Junk Mail Rule "Javier Hernando" <jhernand@hbas.osakidetza.net> wrote in message news:%23eCyBia2DHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have removed it and I don't know how to recover it. > > Thank you. > > ...