Error processing the downloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')

I am getting this error during the process of
using "Internet Updates".  My provider info and stock
quotes all come down fine but I have ceased getting any
news items from Microsoft.  This message has been present
since 7/14/04.  A search for this file on my system comes
up empty.  A search for any KB articles on this file comes
up empty.  I am really looking for some guidance of how to
resolve this.

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)
7/27/2004 12:45:53 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Rod,

   News updates have been suspended for a couple of weeks due to a
corruption issue that affected MS Money.  If you search back around the 8th
of July, you'll see a bunch of discussions regarding the problem.

-Gary

"Rod Barnes" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am getting this error during the process of
using "Internet Updates".  My provider info and stock
quotes all come down fine but I have ceased getting any
news items from Microsoft.  This message has been present
since 7/14/04.  A search for this file on my system comes
up empty.  A search for any KB articles on this file comes
up empty.  I am really looking for some guidance of how to
resolve this.

Thanks.

cut & paste error
After several successful cut n paste actions I receive and error msg "can not empty the clipboard". When I access the office clipboard underneath Edit it's empty. What's the cause of this error. If I close Excel I'm able to resume the cut n paste but eventually the error will return. Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. Hi Corey, If this is manually you can clear the clipboard at the upper right-hand icon below the clipboard titlebar on the clipboard popup. ] (View, Toolbars, Clipboard) If this has something to do with macros. You can clear the...

Get error message 0x800CCC131 evreytime I try to send e-mail Can anybody h send
I assume you're using a Hotmail account? That error message is something saying that Outlook has sent a bad request. Generally, this comes from a proxy server or firewall that doesn't understand the HTTP/DAV protocol that is used to talk to Hotmail. I'd say that someone (either your ISP or your network administrator) recently installed or reconfigured a proxy server between you and the Internet. Contact the proper person and ask them to either upgrade or reconfigure in order to support HTTP/DAV. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

error message #19
I keep geting an error message outlook has caused an error in KERNEL 32 DLL and will close now. How do I correct this. It also happens in Picture it, Publsihing 2001. Help! ...

Auto Download Credit Card Statements
I know how to auto download statements from my bank into Money 2003. I'm trying to do the same with my credit card account, but it seems like the only way is to manually download from the credit card account. My credit card is with BankOne and I can directly access the account online. I do not have a banking account with BankOne. Is it possible to auto down load my credit card account into Money? Thanks! Disregard. My error. "Randy" <rfvoss@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%233d2z7yuDHA.1224@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I know how to auto download statements from my ...

exchange 2003 message tracking error: Take the challenge
Hello.. to all..I am running exchange 2003 sp1 standard edition. I want to enable message tracking on my 2003 exhcanger server however when I select the check box to do so I am prompted to with the following error: access denied: facility: ldap provider id no: 80070005 Microsoft exchange management I am also logged in as adminstrator with full right to all mailboxes Can anyone tell me why this is happening ??? I also gave full access to the log file/folder to try to eliminate this error but I had no success Are you doing this from an account which has been delegated rights to Exchange? ...

PUB File Viewer
Is there a PUB file viewer available? I have someone creating PUB files and sending them to me to review and I don't have Microsoft Publisher. Thanks in advance for any help... No, there not a Publisher Viewer. Have that person convert the file to a ,pdf and send you that for proofing. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ray Mooney" <ray@mooney.net> wrote in message news:O7FjFXUjEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a PUB file viewer available? > > I have someone creating PUB files and sending them to me to review and I > don't have ...

Access 2007 help file
I am using Access 2007. I cannot get any help information for Visual Basic. When in Visual Basic if I hit the help menu icon, I get an online help window to open, but every time I try to get information on "DAO reference" and follow the thread to the information I want, the answer screen is blank---i.e. no information at all; no words, no nothing! Did I install wrongly? Is this something new Turn off the option to search online help so that you are only using help from your computer. On the bottom right side of the online help screen, click the icon and change the ...

I have downloaded Outlook 2007, i can't find my personal folders
Can anyone guide me. I have downloaded Outlook 2007 and have lost my personal folders. When i got to file>open>outlook data file there is nothing there and i cand find it on c drive What does "I downloaded Outlook 2007" mean? How did you back up and migrate your Outlook data file? -- Russ Valentine "kazza402k" <kazza402k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AFD62E0-B8B0-4C64-9703-60E919025881@microsoft.com... > Can anyone guide me. I have downloaded Outlook 2007 and have lost my > personal > folders. When i got to file&g...

Pass parameter to launch batch file with variable from excel
I am trying to create an excel spreadsheet which has hyperlinks to machine names and current software and a column with hyperlinks to a batch file I have to run the updates (java, adobe, etc.) I am using a variable in the batch file so that I can pass a parameter from the commandline to automagically insert the machine name to remote execute the batch. I cannot seem to pass the parameter from the excel hyperlink to run the batch. I saw a few places about code for macros or vba. I have extremly limited knowledge on coding. What are my options here? Do I need to run some macro or V...

Embed Date/Time on existing Video File
I am creating a number of video files that have come from IP Cameras. I need to be able to embed the Date/Time into the file, so that when it plays, you see the current date/time appearing on the screen. I know the start time of the file. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to do this, either directly in VB, or if there is an ActiveX component around to do this. This has to be an automated process, rather than by hand. Thanks -Jerry Not sure if still current but I saw few years (?!) ago DirectShow Editing Services which was part of DirectX and is now at : http...

Locked VBA causes Access to crash with ACCDE files
Good afternoon everyone, I discovered a problem today with Access when I tried to unlock the VBA project with an ACCDE file. Everytime I enter in the password, Access immediately crashes, and the Windows Error Solver/Report then pops up. This problem has happened consistently, and only with this file format; it does not happen with ACCDB files. I would like to know if this is a known problem, and whether there is a solution to this matter. Thanks in advance, Gene My understanding is that you create a .accde for this very reason...so no one can access the code. I recre...

msiexec.exe application error
I forgot to register my office basic 2003 and it is now showing msiexe.exe application error. I cant reinstall my CD. How can I register it? -- xpnieve ...

2000 File Export Issue
Running Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) and trying to export a date range to Excel. I'm following the instructions, but all I get are the column headings -- no data. What am I doing wrong? ...

New computer-Vista. Have 2002 Publisher but can't download floppy.
Computer crashed. Got new one w/ Vista. Can't download my Publisher because it's in a floppy format. -- Duke Duke wrote: > Computer crashed. Got new one w/ Vista. Can't download my Publisher because > it's in a floppy format. Publisher 2002 never came on floppies. The last version of Publisher to come on floppies was 97, I think. Publisher 2002 and later work out-of-the-box with Vista. Older versions need some fiddling. And floppy versions need a floppy drive. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org From another perspective - Do you mean yo...

How do you download Windows Movie Maker?
Hello, My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've updated windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no success. Is another way I can download Windows Movie Maker? Thanks for you time, CJ "cjroads" <cjroads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09543682-7630-4B5C-855F-A79190B77D05@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've updated > windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no success. Is > another way I can d...

Transfering XLM files between computers....
Hy!! Can someone tell me please how to do this type of work done by using C#...... Sorry, XML files,not XLM.... My mistake.... "Pilence" <ddinjar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e4k342$pre$1@news2.carnet.hr... > Hy!! > > Can someone tell me please how to do this type of work done by using > C#...... > Pilence wrote: > Can someone tell me please how to do this type of work done by using > C#...... An Xml file is not different from other files in the file system or on the network so you can use tools like FTP to transfer files. Your requ...

File Download Error
We recently had to do a database reattachment and subsequent new CRM 4.0 install for a customer who experienced a virus attack. Everything is stable and working but whenever we try to hit one of the Notes>>File attachment - we get a File Download Error and it won't find the link to the original document. We can't attach new files either. Anybody see this before? ...

Deliver new email to pst file
If I change the location new email is delivered to by following the instructions below, will this work if outlook is closed? On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next. In the Deliver new e-mail to the following location list, select where you want to the new messages delivered. Click Finish. Yes, the new mail will be delivered to the location you specify the next = time Outlook is opened and polls for mail. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited ma...

HELP - Outlook2003
We are running Exchange 2000 and my client is Outlook 2003. I can exit Outlook just fine but the outlook.exe process never stops. The Outlook Icon sits in the Systray and when you click on it I get the following message: Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server e-mail account, you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area, and then click Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. Problem is I only have this option when outlook is open. Once I close outlook the only popup I get from the icon in the systray is ...

i seem to be having memory issues, will deplying a release build instead of a debug build help with memory usage of my .net process?
i seem to be having memory issues, will deplying a release build instead of a debug build help with memory usage of my .net process? ...

Publisher 07 default files
Good morning. I have a question about setting defaults and I hope someone can help me. I have a user who would like to set her default file open to a certain location; has anyone set this up for Publisher 2007? Thank you in advance -- Diane Publisher 07 does not have this default as an option. You can create a Publisher folder, add to "My Places", when you save a Publisher document the folder will be one click away. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Saving files with macros
I use to be able to set the protection properties to enable macros and everything with macros would work without halting. Now in 2007 I must save in ..xlsm format for this to happen. I am the only person on my computer and it's real pain to remember to file as a special format when I have created macros. Is there way to just allow macros period? -- Skip Using Office 2003 Pro 2007 Student version There is a setting in Office | Excel Options that saves all files as macro-enabled best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from emai...

.msi File Editing
I aplogize for posting this message here. I did not know where else to post it. If there is a more appropriate newsgroup, please point me to it. I have a .msi file created for installing Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2006 from an administrative image. This file was created when a prior server was in use. The new server has a different name and now the pathing contained within the file is no longer valid. The folder structure on the new server is the same, only the server name in the pathing needs to be changed. I would like to know how to edit the .msi file to change the serv...

File -> Open -> Other user's folder grayed out
I have a user runnign Outlook2003 connecting to an exchange server. This user is unable to open another users folder (to which he has authority) but is unable because the option is grayed out. I have not found any other desktops that display this behavior. What part of the configuration could cause this? Thanks, Steve ...

VBA Code to Delete an Email After it is Processed by VBA
The following code is a hybrid from several internet sources. Mostly from this forum. I have an application that starts an email thread and assigns a Task ID like: TID(123) This is the Subject When an email is received with "TID(###)" somewhere in the subject, a native rule then copies it to a subfolder under the CurrentFolder called 'TID'. The following code works to copy the email in msg format to its associated network directory, but the email remains in the subfolders. What I am trying to accomplish is to automatically delete the email after it is pro...