Error opening up Microsoft Money 2004 money file

I have been using Microsoft Money 2004 almost every day for several years
now, but now all of a sudden when I try to log into my standard .mny file, it
gives me an error stating 'The sign-in name you entered is not associated
with this file.  Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file'.
 I have been using the same sign-in name, my hotmail address, for years.
When I try to repair the file or select 'Skip Sign-In' it prompts me for a
password, so I enter my password, and it still gives me this same sign-in
name error.  I can't get into Money at all to remove my passport information
or anything like that.

Thank you,
Norris
0
Norris (5)
12/12/2008 10:10:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Norris wrote:

>I have been using Microsoft Money 2004 almost every day for several years
>now, but now all of a sudden when I try to log into my standard .mny file, it
>gives me an error stating 'The sign-in name you entered is not associated
>with this file.  Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file'.
> I have been using the same sign-in name, my hotmail address, for years.
>When I try to repair the file or select 'Skip Sign-In' it prompts me for a
>password, so I enter my password, and it still gives me this same sign-in
>name error.  I can't get into Money at all to remove my passport information
>or anything like that.

Copy your *.mny and recent *.mbf files to another media while you
are thinking of it.

Then see if
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891338 helps

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/12/2008 10:22:20 PM
Thank you.  I had found that page already and gave all the options that I
could a try, aside from re-installing because I don't have the original disk
anymore.  Still can't open the file.  I am actually able to open the same
file that I had copied over to a backup location a few weeks ago, but it is
missing a lot of information that I need.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Norris wrote:
>
> >I have been using Microsoft Money 2004 almost every day for several years
> >now, but now all of a sudden when I try to log into my standard .mny file, it
> >gives me an error stating 'The sign-in name you entered is not associated
> >with this file.  Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file'.
> > I have been using the same sign-in name, my hotmail address, for years.
> >When I try to repair the file or select 'Skip Sign-In' it prompts me for a
> >password, so I enter my password, and it still gives me this same sign-in
> >name error.  I can't get into Money at all to remove my passport information
> >or anything like that.
>

> Copy your *.mny and recent *.mbf files to another media while you
> are thinking of it.
>
> Then see if
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891338 helps

0
Norris (5)
12/12/2008 11:02:04 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Norris wrote:

>Thank you.  I had found that page already and gave all the options that I
>could a try, aside from re-installing because I don't have the original disk
>anymore.  Still can't open the file.  I am actually able to open the same
>file that I had copied over to a backup location a few weeks ago, but it is
>missing a lot of information that I need.

You could see if a standard level 2 file repair fixes your *.mny
file. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466/en-us tells how to do
that.

Also, presumably there will be a more recent *.mbf file, unless you
changed the settings. File->Restore that file. But rather than
restoring to the "default location", I would Browse to your
Documents folder and choose a new name. That way you will not
overwrite the exiting file.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Norris wrote:
>>
>> >I have been using Microsoft Money 2004 almost every day for several years
>> >now, but now all of a sudden when I try to log into my standard .mny file, it
>> >gives me an error stating 'The sign-in name you entered is not associated
>> >with this file.  Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file'.
>> > I have been using the same sign-in name, my hotmail address, for years.
>> >When I try to repair the file or select 'Skip Sign-In' it prompts me for a
>> >password, so I enter my password, and it still gives me this same sign-in
>> >name error.  I can't get into Money at all to remove my passport information
>> >or anything like that.
>>

>> Copy your *.mny and recent *.mbf files to another media while you
>> are thinking of it.
>>
>> Then see if
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891338 helps

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/12/2008 11:15:04 PM
I was able to open the back up file successfully.  It seems a lot older than
I would have thought since money backs up everytime I close out.  I tried
using the file repair fixes, 1 and 2, but in either scenario it prompts me
for the password and gives me the same sign-in name error oddly enough.

One thing I am noticing also with this backed up version is that on the
accout list screen, home screen, etc. the balances in all my accounts are
being displayed as ($854, 785, 486, 059, 191.25!)  Not too accurate!  If I
drill into each account the total is fine, but items such as the cash flow
forecast also reflect the huge inaccuracy.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Norris wrote:
>
> >Thank you.  I had found that page already and gave all the options that I
> >could a try, aside from re-installing because I don't have the original disk
> >anymore.  Still can't open the file.  I am actually able to open the same
> >file that I had copied over to a backup location a few weeks ago, but it is
> >missing a lot of information that I need.
>
> You could see if a standard level 2 file repair fixes your *.mny
> file. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466/en-us tells how to do
> that.
>
> Also, presumably there will be a more recent *.mbf file, unless you
> changed the settings. File->Restore that file. But rather than
> restoring to the "default location", I would Browse to your
> Documents folder and choose a new name. That way you will not
> overwrite the exiting file.

> >> Copy your *.mny and recent *.mbf files to another media while you
> >> are thinking of it.
> >>
> >> Then see if
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891338 helps

0
Norris (5)
12/13/2008 1:29:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Norris wrote:

>I was able to open the back up file successfully.  It seems a lot older than
>I would have thought since money backs up everytime I close out.  I tried
>using the file repair fixes, 1 and 2, but in either scenario it prompts me
>for the password and gives me the same sign-in name error oddly enough.
>
>One thing I am noticing also with this backed up version is that on the
>accout list screen, home screen, etc. the balances in all my accounts are
>being displayed as ($854, 785, 486, 059, 191.25!)  Not too accurate!  If I
>drill into each account the total is fine, but items such as the cash flow
>forecast also reflect the huge inaccuracy.

Do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/13/2008 4:24:06 AM
That did the trick, thanks for all your help!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Norris wrote:
>
> >I was able to open the back up file successfully.  It seems a lot older than
> >I would have thought since money backs up everytime I close out.  I tried
> >using the file repair fixes, 1 and 2, but in either scenario it prompts me
> >for the password and gives me the same sign-in name error oddly enough.
> >
> >One thing I am noticing also with this backed up version is that on the
> >accout list screen, home screen, etc. the balances in all my accounts are
> >being displayed as ($854, 785, 486, 059, 191.25!)  Not too accurate!  If I
> >drill into each account the total is fine, but items such as the cash flow
> >forecast also reflect the huge inaccuracy.
>
> Do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair.

0
Norris (5)

Microsoft POS #2

Transfer Money 98 to money 2004
I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current data to new computer w/ money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, Brad Karris wrote: >I currently have Money 98 and i'am purchacing a new >computer with money 2004, how can i transfer my current >data to new computer w/ money 2004. If you have a USB flash drive on the old machine, copy your .mny file there. Then copy the file to the new machine-- usually to your "My Documents" folder. In Windows Explorer, double-left-click the file on your new machine to ...

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

MS Money 95 data files

Money Deluxe 2006 Trial to Money Deluxe Web Download.
Purchased the "full-download" Microsoft Money Deluxe 2006 version from the trial version download. I followed all the steps to "Activate" the product with successful conclusion. However, the "Trial" nag screen continues to pop-up every time I sign onto Money 2006. To add insult to injury, when I have signed onto the Support Center, wishing to send an email to ask about this, the web-site does not recognize my "PID" (Product ID)...because it continues to believe it is the trail version....thusly only a serial number is listed. And, the SN is not r...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Planned Open Market Days

Opening Excel Workbooks