Error "Money is not properly installed..."

"Please try setup again". I am getting the error above
after changeing the non-system drives letters on my
system (after adding a new drive).
The info I found (to run money.exe with -s or to run the
salvage tool) didn't help. The "-s" option runs into the
same issue, salvage is reporting a badly damaged file.
After hitting "ok", I get a new window with options to
open, create, restore or repair a file. Restore, open and
repair are all failing. Create new reports "The new file
c:\t.mny" can not be created ...".

I was using Money 2000. Uninstalled, reinstalled ... the
same. I got Money 2004, uninstalled 2000, installed
2004 ... the same. What is next? Get Quicken?

--andrei
0
anonymous (74722)
11/18/2003 5:37:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Andrei wrote:

>"Please try setup again". I am getting the error above
>after changeing the non-system drives letters on my
>system (after adding a new drive).
>The info I found (to run money.exe with -s or to run the
>salvage tool) didn't help. The "-s" option runs into the
>same issue, salvage is reporting a badly damaged file.
>After hitting "ok", I get a new window with options to
>open, create, restore or repair a file. Restore, open and
>repair are all failing. Create new reports "The new file
>c:\t.mny" can not be created ...".

When you restore or open, browse to the file location-- don't take
the default.

>I was using Money 2000. Uninstalled, reinstalled ... the
>same. I got Money 2004, uninstalled 2000, installed
>2004 ... the same. What is next? Get Quicken?

Can you open and work with sample.mny? If not, I would reinstall to
a different folder.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
11/18/2003 7:48:48 AM
Well, I am out of options here ... Install on a different
volumen didn't help either. Any other suggestion? I am
ready to attach the debugger to the process if that's
what it takes! Are the symbols for Money somewhere on a
public symbols server?

0
anonymous (74722)

Error "Money is not properly installed..."
"Please try setup again". I am getting the error above after changeing the non-system drives letters on my system (after adding a new drive). The info I found (to run money.exe with -s or to run the salvage tool) didn't help. The "-s" option runs into the same issue, salvage is reporting a badly damaged file. After hitting "ok", I get a new window with options to open, create, restore or repair a file. Restore, open and repair are all failing. Create new reports "The new file c:\t.mny" can not be created ...". I was using Money 2000. ...

Money 2002 on Vista. "Money is not properly installed..."
I have Microsoft Money 2002 installed on vista home premium (32bit). It installs and runs fine until i reboot the PC then it comes up with "Money is not properly installed. Please try setup again" message. If I reinstall it will run fine again until the next reboot. Turning off Money Express in the task bar and selecting not to start money express when windows starts in future seems to fix this error but I was wondering if there was a better solution for this? "JeremyNZ" wrote: > I have Microsoft Money 2002 installed on vista home premium (32bit). It > inst...