error message when backing up

I am currently running Money 2003.  When I close Money and try to do a back
up I get an error message that this operation cannot be performed.   I am
running Vista Home and I have tried to opoen Money as administrator.  I get
the error message no matter what.  I can back up to the hard disk.  Any
suggestions.
0
LAnne (2)
2/5/2008 5:54:05 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, LAnne wrote:

>I am currently running Money 2003.  When I close Money and try to do a back
>up I get an error message that this operation cannot be performed.   I am
>running Vista Home and I have tried to opoen Money as administrator.  I get
>the error message no matter what.  I can back up to the hard disk.  Any
>suggestions.

Do not overwrite your latest backup(s), and consider your backup
file situation.

Then see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466 and use standard
file repair level 2 with salv.exe to make a repaired version of your
file.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Remove attachments
I receive a large amount of messages with attachments. I save the attachments elsewher on my system but wish to keep the message for record purposes. Is there a way to remove the attachment from the message so that I conserve disk space. Thanks Sam Assuming that you are using Microsoft Outlook (not Outlook Express), try these steps. * open the item in question * right click on attachment and select remove * close message and answer yes to save changes "SamH" <replies @ smjh.f9.co.uk> wrote in message news:uboleIlOEHA.808@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I receive a large amo...

Error 0x800ccc0f #2
I get an error message "0x800ccc0f" when I try to send an attachment greater than 60kb. Anything less than that, the message sends just fine. Anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook? What sort of mail account? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Tom B." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06f901c3d394$432514b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I get an error message "0x800ccc0f" when I try to send an > attachment greater than 60kb. Anythi...

SOP Integration Manager Error
Hi all, I´m working to import SOP with Integration Manager. I used the SOP integration example. I set all but I can't fix an error: DOC # ERROR: 'Override Shortage' is not a valid choice for field 'Items.Quantity' in this instance. I think that I set all but at 2 days of breaking my head I don't know how can I fix the error. Anyone could help me .. Regards all! is the item marked inactive? -- www.DynExtra.com A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more Current member count: 40 ------------------------------...

"There should only be one owner party for an activity" error message
I get the following error when trying to change the ownership of an Account in CRM: "There should only be one owner party for an activity". The account has 100 or so historical activities associated with it owned by various CRM users, some active users and some inactive. Can someone direct me towards some possible solutions or suggest where to look? thank you, Chris ...

Attaching an open email message to another message
Hello, If I have opened a message (call it message-1) by some means (say from some desktop search application) and i'm composing another message (say, message-2), is there some easy way to attach message-1 to message-2? Currently, the only way I know of doing this is to find the Outlook folder where message-1 lives, hunt for message-1 there, and then drag it into message-2. If I already have message-1 opened, is there some shortcut to getting it into message-2? Thanks! No, whether message-1 is open or not has nothing to do with how you = attach it to message-2. --=20 Sue Mosher, Out...

Messages get stuck in outbox
hey guys, I need help here: messages are getting stuck in the outbox with and without attachments for some people and other people, their messages with attachments gets stuck. We use Outlook 2000 with MS Exchange Server. Does anyone have any idea? ...

Error in Batch Recovery
Unusual problem: One of our customer had an error is Purchase posting batch. They got the message/: “Batch XXXX failed to complete posting. Use Batch Recovery window to complete the process” So they went to Batch Recovery and tried to recover the batch. While processing in Batch recovery the got the message: “Batch XXXX failed to complete posting. Use Batch Recovery window to complete the process”. So now what do we do? Regards Omair Omair, In order for you to see and print an edit list that might tell you the problem. go to SQL server and the company database and update the ba...

Move Exchange Message Store
Exchange was originally installed on the "C" partition which has 12GB, my server also has a "D" partition that has 133GB free. Can I move the Exchange Store to the "D" partition? tks, steve What version of exchange? Typically, in ESM you can change the paths to the stores on the properties of each store. So I would dismount the stores, copy them to D:, change the ppath in ESM, and then remount the stores. Once they are remounted and all is OK, then you can delete the stores on C... "sjs" <sjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Outlook send and receive error
I have a very strange problem. My outlook opens and connects to server normally. New emails are downloaded with no trouble. But When I try to send email or press "send and receive" button, it gives me the following: "Operation failed due to network connection or other communication problems, check connection and try again". I know the connection is ok since I can access internet and send email using Outlook Express. I also disabled my Norton personal firewall then tried to send email, it didn't work either. I had been trying to remove/reinstall Norton antivirus before t...

Restore messages
Hi, We have an Exch2k3 cluster on Win2k3. We use Veritas BackupExec for backup, but not individual messages or mailboxes, just backs up the entire store. I have a months worth of backups. We have a 30 day retention policy on emails and Monday a user had some emails deleted via the policy and needs them recovered. What is my best option here since I don't the individual mailbox or messages to choose from a restore? Is there a way to restore the whole database to a different location on the production server and then attach this users mailbox to a different "test" account? ...

Exchange 2003 and Instant Messaging.
Hi, We are looking for an internal messaging solution and Windows Messaging is one of it but how do I setup the Exchange 2003 as an Instant Messaging server ? Thanks. Rgrds, Zul Hi Zul, Exchange no longer has an instant messaging feature/addon, I would recomend Live Communications Server 2005 SP1 & Office Communicator. I have designed and setup LCS2005 in our organization, and it is a great product. I can't wait until Microsoft release a version of Communicator for Windows Mobile! Here is more info about LCS 2005: Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exc...

Message Recall will not process recalls automatically from users mailbox
I just ran into a strange issue with Outlook's Message Recall system. It would appear that message recall is controlled by Outlook not Exchange. I had a situation where an executive replied to all on a message and needed to recall that message. It seems that it recalled the message for some Exchange users but not all. And, the ones it didn't recall, they were still able to read the message as long as they opened it first before they open the recall message which caused the recall to fail and the users were able to see the message. Is there anyway to set up message reca...

HQ Error
I just upgraded from 1.3 to 2.0. I was using SO v1.3 for one store with RR Fashion Bundle Add-In. We upgraded to 2.0 while we were adding a new store and the HQ program. After upgrading RMS, the following errors occur when running a worksheet 101 in HQ (I'm almost positive that it's RR add-in that is causing issues): “Ambiguous column name ‘DepartmentID’ . UPDATE [Item Class] SET HQID=0 SELECT @@ ROWCOUNT AS RecordsAffected” “Ambiguous column name ‘DepartmentID’ . UPDATE [ItemClass] with (TABLOCKX) SET [ItemClass].HQID=#updateRs To Table.[HQID] FROM [ItemClass], #UpdateRsToTabl...

CRM Outlook errors
Since we upgraded to CRM 4.0 and our machines connect via CRM 4.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook my colleagues and I are getting CRM outlook errors "Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error.." sporadically during the course of the day. We are not doing anything specific, just flipping from one area of CRM outlook to another eg. contacts to accounts. A sample error report is '<CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object required</Message> <Line>197</Line> <URL>/...

Error in sending direct email using CRM 1.2
Can anyone assists me resolving this? I am trying to resolve an error in a client today. This is the environment: SBS 2003 SQL 2000 CRM v1.2.3297.0 Sales Standard Configuration and setup Login is Administrator with Administrator role and CRM License All MS Exchange and CRM Services are running as Local System Except for these 5 events: MS Exchange Event is manual and not started MS Exchange IMAP4 Service is disabled. MS Exchange MTA Stacks service is disabled. MS Exchange POP3 service is disabled. MS Exchange Site Replication Service service is disabled. This is the Error I received: Unexp...

Exchange Server Event Errors
I need help troubleshooting a couple event errors with our 2000 Exhange server. Schannel (ID 36871), SMTPSVC (ID 418), and Service Control Manager (ID 7031): these errors have been happening pretty often, and we have to keep restarting the service. What can we do to correct these errors? The first can be normal if you installed an SSL cert from an external source (like Verisign). The last error is just re-interation fo the SMTP problem. For the SMTP error (418) does this resource help? http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=418&eventno=1085&source=smtpsvc&phase=1 "reyr...

"Unable to relay" error
Hi, Windows 2000 Server SP4, Exchange 2000 SP3 I just moved our email from an IP hosting service to our own server. Everything works for our local accounts, but I have a problem when a user from a remote office tries to send email using our server. They get an error similar to: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'xxxxxx@yahoo.ca' on 1/4/2006 8:44 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxxxxx@yahoo.ca Any ideas? Thanks, Peter OK - found it. Had to set the client (Outlook) to authenticate with domain\username first. Peter On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 12:30:39 ...

Tip: setting font size for newsgroup messages coming from Mactopia
If you are using the Entourage 2008 newsreader (haven't tested this in 04) you can set the font for HTML to actually change the font for messages that are coming from the Mactopia interface. For me, they are too small so this option is an eye saver. If there is no explicit font declaration code set in a messages, Entourage can override and use your default HTML code settings. Messages currently coming from Mactopia have no declared setting. To set preferences: In the menu bar under Entourage select Preferences --> Fonts -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)...

Exchange Error help
I am getting the following error in my event log on my exchange server. I have already stop/started the exchange services as well as removed/re added the exchange server from the exchange domain server group. Last week I did add the /3gb switch for our memory to be used correctly. Any help would be awesome. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 9187 Date: 6/29/2005 Time: 8:41:24 AM User: N/A Computer: SYNMAIL1 Description: Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to add the local computer as a member of the DS group object 'cn=Exchange ...

Anyway to get settings back..?
I lost the ability to get into my Windows 2000 Server system, almost 2 weeks ago, and the ONLY way I can actually access my files, is by booting under "command prompt" in safe mode. I tried everything I can think, to bring back the GUI interface, but I wasn't able to access my regular desktop, and any of its graphical components (the icons, the task bar, the quick launch, nothing). During my desperation to eliminate a "spy ware" I got from the web, I apparently deleted some "key files" that were responsible to display the desktop, with all the regular settings...

Error in Chart data
I have a report that is populating from one query. It takes data for a year and groups it by month with the lost time for that month. I am comparing 3 years data 20005, 2006, and 2007. I have set the chart up and it looks good except that my time for each month goes into the data area as a "CountOf" lost time and all months are therefore one. I want to show the lost time for each month. I have tried right clicking on the field in the data area and Autocalc is set to Count, but everything else is grayed out and unavailable. How can I change this setting to just display the valu...

All rules suddenly have errors (2007)
This has been happening to me a LOT lately: For no reason, all of my rules stop working. They all show errors, and are turned off (unchecked). I close outlook, wait a few minutes, open it back up, boom - no more errors. But their still all turned off, and I have to go one by one and turn them on again. They work for awhile, then next day, they stop again. Sometimes I have to go through all of them and re-enter which destination folder they should go to, etc etc. This is driving me nuts. What can I do? Which mail account type are you using? Do you open this pst-file o...

Select multiple files error.
I want to select multi files using CFileDialog: CFileDialog FileDlg (TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT ); TCHAR strBuffer[4096]; FileDlg.m_ofn.lpstrFile = strBuffer; FileDlg.m_ofn.nMaxFile =sizeof(strBuffer); if (FileDlg.DoModal()==IDOK) { CString csFname; CStringArray m_strArray; m_strArray.SetSize(0); POSITION pos = FileDlg.GetStartPosition(); while (pos != NULL) { csFname = FileDlg.GetNextPathName(pos); TRACE("%s\n", csFname); m_strArray.Add(csFname); m_CListBox_ListBox.AddString(csFname.GetBuffer()); } } The error is that FileDlg.DoModal()...

Message Store does not reflect time of last full backup.
We are running Exch2003 on Server2003, using ntbackup nightly to back up both the system and the exchange stores. The application logs show successful completion of the individual backups(no errors). A disaster test allows us to restore both the system and the stores in a working state. But the properties on the individual message stores still say that a backup has never been run. This is not a fresh install of either server or exchange. The system has been upgraded incrementally from the original NT4.0 and exch 5.0 to it's present state. It's also not the original hardware. An...

Compile errors when starting/stopping Excel
I am having problems with some errors when starting and stopping Excel 2003. When opening a new sheet I get the following Visual Basic error: "Complile error in hidden Module: AutoExecNew" When Closing Excel I get the following error: "Compile Error in Hidden Module: DistMon" Have uninstalled and reinstalled Office but no help. Help files and Knowledge Base have nothing. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks H. Ron Ronhovde maybe: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You...