Entering amounts in the register

I used Money several years ago as my personal finance software.  Back then,
when entering transaction amounts, I didn't have to manually enter the
decimal.  The software entered it for me.  There was a setting option that
allowed me to select whether or not I wanted to manually enter it or not.  I
have noticed that with the current version, this option is not there, and I
want to know if I have to manually enter the decimal when typing in
transaction amounts.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

"Jefferson Lee" <JeffersonLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used Money several years ago as my personal finance software.  Back
>then,
> when entering transaction amounts, I didn't have to manually enter the
> decimal.  The software entered it for me.  There was a setting option
> that
> allowed me to select whether or not I wanted to manually enter it or not.
> have noticed that with the current version, this option is not there, and
> want to know if I have to manually enter the decimal when typing in
> transaction amounts.

Your choice: Tools>Settings>Account Settings (global)>Automatically insert
decimal point in amount field.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
5/29/2006 9:08:37 PM
What is "the current version" you cannot find this setting in?

"Jefferson Lee" <JeffersonLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used Money several years ago as my personal finance software.  Back then,
> when entering transaction amounts, I didn't have to manually enter the
> decimal.  The software entered it for me.  There was a setting option that
> allowed me to select whether or not I wanted to manually enter it or not.
> have noticed that with the current version, this option is not there, and
> want to know if I have to manually enter the decimal when typing in
> transaction amounts.

thank you for the help

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> "Jefferson Lee" <JeffersonLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I used Money several years ago as my personal finance software.  Back
> >then,
> > when entering transaction amounts, I didn't have to manually enter the
> > decimal.  The software entered it for me.  There was a setting option
> > that
> > allowed me to select whether or not I wanted to manually enter it or not.
> > have noticed that with the current version, this option is not there, and
> > want to know if I have to manually enter the decimal when typing in
> > transaction amounts.
>
> Your choice: Tools>Settings>Account Settings (global)>Automatically insert
> decimal point in amount field.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

I got the answer, but thank you anyway

"Dick Watson" wrote:

> What is "the current version" you cannot find this setting in?
>
> "Jefferson Lee" <JeffersonLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I used Money several years ago as my personal finance software.  Back then,
> > when entering transaction amounts, I didn't have to manually enter the
> > decimal.  The software entered it for me.  There was a setting option that
> > allowed me to select whether or not I wanted to manually enter it or not.
> > have noticed that with the current version, this option is not there, and
> > want to know if I have to manually enter the decimal when typing in
> > transaction amounts.

Transferring the remaining amount of the last month to the next mo
Dear All, I would like to know how can I transfer the previous month savings to the next month in order to spend from them. Appreciate your reply. Regards, Ashraf Are you talking about savings in the Budget area of Money? If so, what sort of budget do you have? "Ashraf Arafeh" wrote: > Dear All, > > I would like to know how can I transfer the previous month savings to the > next month in order to spend from them. > > Appreciate your reply. > > Regards, > Ashraf ...

enter Version "1.1" displays date format (01Jan)
Hi, I�m using Excel2000 and have one sheet for version control. Starting with: Version 1.0 1.1 etc... Thats how it should look like... But after my "1.0" it permanently persists to show "1jan" instead of 1.1 When checking the format it says "custom"; changing it back to "General" it displays 37987; that�s "fair enough";-) Trying to use the chance to modify it to 1.1 will result in "1Jan" again... Any help? I�m working in Germany... Thanks, Bernhard Try formatting the cell as Number "barnybe" <barnybe@gmx.de> wrote ...

Entering negative amounts in a Campaign Activity
Does anyone know how to enter a negative amount in the "actual cost" field in a campaign activity? We often get sponsor money to go toward certain campaigns and would like to record the cost as a negative so the financial section will reflect the true cost. Every time I try to put in a negative number it says "value must be between 0.00 and 1,000,000,000.00" Can anyone help? -- Angel Angel, The "actual cost" field needs to be updated to allow negative values. By default, it will not allow any value less than $0. The field has a minimum value and maximum...

runtime error class not registered
When I open Outlook 2003 I get an error message "A Runtime Error has occurred, do you wish to debug? Line 297 Error: Class not Registered." I upgraded from Office 2000. I have Norton @005 on my computer and never received this message before. ...

Amount of times CASH DROP and PAYOUTS
Where can I find a report that tells me the amount of times the cashier did PAYOUTS and DROPS; including range of dates? POS journal "RicoTowers" <RicoTowers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E61E2882-2CD0-4289-A9E7-EA536DEA6E74@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a report that tells me the amount of times the cashier > did > PAYOUTS and DROPS; including range of dates? Thanx for the response. Where exactly do I find it. I went to Manager >> Journal >> View and POS >> F4, but both prints the Journal with no option to choose P...

sorting new data as it is entered
As I enter new rows of data, I would like Excel to automatically place the row in alpha order (I have sorted the existing row in alpha order). Any ideas? Thanks in advance. This *array* formula would sort a "helper" column, which you could place along side the actual data entry column. Good for *only* text, OR *only* numbers, *not* a mixture of both. =INDEX($A$1:$A$100,MATCH(SMALL(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$100,"<"&$A$1:$A$100),ROW()-RO W($E$1)+1),COUNTIF($A$1:$A$100,"<"&$A$1:$A$100),0)) As an array formula, it *must* be entered using CSE (<Ctrl> &...

How can I "undo" an entry on a form/subform while still entering data ? 11-18-07
Hi I posted this question a couple of days ago and got 1 response but couldn't read it. Hopefully someone will have and answer. I have a form/subform for entering invoice data. What can I do if I realize that I have already entered the invoice ? Example: I enter the main form data and enter 5 lines of detail on the subform and then I realize that I have already entered this invoice before ? I would love to have a button that I could click that "undoes" the entire entry. How can this be accomplished ? Thanks Mark <mthornblad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:81271...

program is not registered
Hello all, I've got a problem with a laptop using outlook 97. Whe the user starts outlook, the program responds with the following message: This program is not registered properly. Please run setup again. You don't have appropriate permissions to perform this operation. I don't know what the problem is and i can't find out what happens. I already checked a lot of things but i don't want to run setup again if i can help it. Please if anybody knows something the let me know. Thanx. ...

OK, I guess I'm registered for Windows Live. How do I post?
I've gotten into Windows Live after acquiring a userid and passwd. I can see it says I'm signed-in, but the page a started from seems to think there's a temporary problem. By a direct route, I got to the Windows XP Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows XP) Forum. I ended up creating a displayable user name, and in the upper right corner it shows I'm signed on. However, I see no way to post. How do I do that? Am I not really signed on? Go to http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindowsxp/threads Click on 'Ask a question' and follow inst...

Running share balance in Account Register in Money 2005?
I've downloaded the Microsoft Money 2005 Trial Version to consider switching from Quicken. (Intuit is dropping online services for Q2002, and I am resisting upgrading because of the lack of QIF Import/Export support in Q2005.) In Quicken, if I set up a "Single Mutual Fund" account, I get a running share balance for each transaction in the Account Register. This is invaluable for trying to reconcile an error - precisely the process I'm starting for fixing the converted Money accounts. I also can't find a report that shows the running share balance for each transaction ...

Entering multiple customer paymenst in GP 10
We entered an invoice in Sales Transaction Entry and we entered a partial payment we received from the customer into the amount received field. We posted the batch so that we could include the check in a Deposit with receipts transaction. Now we have received the balance that the customer owes us, but we cannot locate the invoice on Sales Transaction Entry in order to enter this second payment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I would first look for transaction by customer and expand the lines by clicking on the double headed arrow in the upper right corner of the grid. ...

Outlook missing shortcut in properties, and missing OLE register
The c:\ drive on our old computer running Win98 SE was compressed to create room. We tried to load Outlook 2000 back onto this computer. When you go to the desktop icon and right click for properties there is nothing in the shortcut path. Outlook starts to open then displays a message stating that OLE register is missing. Have tried uninstalling and reloading Outlook to no avail. Any suggestions? ...

Accumulated amount from record 1 to record 2 then to 3 etc.
I have multiple records that can have a grand total of 100 in field a. I only want the records starting with record 1 (being the most current date) that will equal around 50 (what is my cap) and delete the other records. How can I do this in a query not in reports? In design view grid below your date field and in Sort row put Descending. Then in the icon bar click in the icon that says 'All' in black letters with white background and a pull-down on the right and enter the number of records you want. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Antique_Grandma" ...

Delete old Register Journals
Is there anyway to delete old register journals? I assume this would save disk space since the journal seems to be an image (F4)? As long as I wouldn't invalidate any sales data, I'd like to delete journals that are over 2 years old. Any help? That was odd. Did a search for "journal" and it returned no results, so that's why I posted this. But, I ran the search again (after my post), and my question had been answered. inquiring minds want to know? so what is the answer.....i had the same question.....thanks "pooch" wrote: > That was odd. Did a ...

Find row and add variable amount to it
I want to choose a selection from a drop-down list, then type in an amount in a nearby cell, and I want it to find the matching row of the item I chose from the drop-down list and enter that amount into that row (and add it to any amount that is already there, because that cell will already have a formula in it, and I want to add to that formula). For ex., let's say Column A has labels. A1, A3 and A5 are labelled "Rafter." A2, A4 and A6 are labelled "Amount." A9:A13 are labelled "5001":"5005", respectively. These represent the various names/t...

This transaction cannot be entered
I have started to get a popup window with the text of 'This transaction cannot be entered." with just a OK button on it when I attempt to update something in one of my Money 2002 accounts. I have had Money software for about 5 years now and this is a first. Any ideas what is causing this? I run McAfee virus scan daily and have had no virus reports. I am running Win 98 SE. cab You probably have a corrupted file. Look at the FAQ's at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/ I would also recommend that you open a case with Microsoft as they do not feel that they have a problem ...

Can I sort business contacts by date entered?
I need to sort my business contacts by date entered in order to send new mailings to only the new customers. Is this possible? I added a date field to my contact template but it doesn't show up on the sort menu. You have posted your question to a newsgroup dealing with Microsoft Publisher, a desktop publishing application. I think you may want to repost in one of the Microsoft Outlook groups. "Tink3552" wrote: > I need to sort my business contacts by date entered in order to send new > mailings to only the new customers. Is this possible? I added a date field to &g...

Enter default value when field is not on a form...
Does anybody know if it's possible to enter a default value in a field which is NOT place on a form. I have only examples of scripts where the field must be placed on a form... Hi, A workaround would be to include the field and hide it using client scripts. Then you could default the content. Gustaf "Jeroen" wrote: > Does anybody know if it's possible to enter a default value in a field > which is NOT place on a form. I have only examples of scripts where the > field must be placed on a form... > > You could also use a workflow rule for this. Something...

RE-ENTERING REGISTRATION KEY
I bought a 3 license pack for office and accidentally used the second license twice, instead of the third license. Is there a file I can chuck out and re-input the third registation number? Or do I have to Unistall then re-install the software? Thanks Yeah, you can switch numbers without reinstalling. See here: http://mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html On 1/31/05 6:44 PM, "RSW" wrote: > I bought a 3 license pack for office and accidentally used the second > license twice, instead of the third license. Is there a file I can > chuck out and re-input the third ...

budget
I am trying out the Microsoft 2004 trial version. I am trying to set up the budget. I have been successful except for one category: Utilities: Cell Phone. I happened to pay my bill in the month prior, so I want to budget 0 for September. Even if I put 0 in the bill scheduler and customize the "other expenses for cell phone" charges to 0 for the month of September, I still have an amount of $38.37 coming up as the budgeted amount for September. I tried deleting my scheduled transaction, removing the category from the budget, then adding back the bill even with a differe...

Budget progress in registers
My most recent MS Money, prior to my current Deluxe 05, was Deluxe 03. That version showed budget category progress in the account registers of accounts used in the budget process. If you ate out, and a charge came through a CC account Iincluded in your budget) for a restaurant, at the bottom of the CC register there was a box showing you had spent $100 of your allocated $300 "dining" for that month. I've tried Money help. I've fairly well searched this forum, but can't find if that is simply a lost option in 05 or if there is still a way to do it. Who knows? --...

User Mailbox: Monitoring amount of traffic on a per-minute basis
Hoping that one of you witty folks can assist: I am looking for a close to real time tool (off-the shelf, shareware, freeware, script) that can provide a baseline of how much e-mail is entering a user's mailbox on a per-minute basis. Perfmon does not get this granular =^( and I don't know if this is possible with Microsoft Operations Manager. We are also looking for something that could set an alert, after 20 e-mails arrive in the mailbox in a 60-second period of time, a warning would be sent to an administrator. I do realize that there are server-based tools that can provide inform...

I enter date 082305 xl changes it to 5/4/25
I set the date format for the cell as: 8/23/05. When I enter date 82305, I get 5/4/25. I've checked everything I can think of but I haven't a clue as to what is causing this. Thanks for all help, "Monalisa18" wrote: > I set the date format for the cell as: 8/23/05. When I enter date 82305, I > get 5/4/25. I've checked everything I can think of but I haven't a clue as to > what is causing this. Thanks for all help, Monalisa You will have to enter the slashes to get the correct date. Excel calculates date from the 1/1/1901 and this is given the refe...

Entering UPC for items
I would like to be able to use a keyboard scanner to scan in items into a sale, purchase order, etc... but I dont see a field in the inventory item setup to store the item UPC..... Is it available somewhere so we can scan items into transactions ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris B. Why don't you use the barcode number AS the part number. It makes life so simple then doing inventory. Mike "Chris B." <ChrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D7A8B5-7CFD-43B3-9B2F-9D4710DC7133@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to use a k...

Ending Cash Balance in Investment Transactions Register vs Cash Transactions #2
This subject is the same as a previous topic. There didn't seem to be a conclusion in the last discussion of this problem, so I decided to address it once again for those who may still be suffering from this issue. Nonetheless, it's probably worth it for you to read the previous discussion for additional background and context information. THE PROBLEM: In MS Money 2004, for whatever reason, some transactions are stored as Opening Balance transactions and they're hidden from the user such that the opening balance will always be greater than zero even when there are no transaction...