Entering 100-200 transactions in a split?

I currently use Quicken 2002.  I have 1 credit card that pays airline miles,
so I use
it for almost everything & pay it in full each month.  As a result, I
typically have more than 100 transactions on this card in a month.  I would
like to track these transactions, unfortunately Quicken '02 only allows 30
transactions per split.  Does Money 2004 have the ability to enter unlimited
transactions in a split?  If so, is it easy (possible?) to import Quicken
records into Money?

TIA

Dan

0
abadaba (1)
1/31/2004 8:41:15 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Bill,

The most I've done is probably 10 - 15, but I just went into the field where
you split a transaction and went to the Help button.  Here's what it said:

"You can enter as many categories as you want and break the transaction down
as far as you can."

This would lead me to believe that it is possible.  As far as it being easy
I would say definately.  You can set it up as a scheduled payment with the
splits already preconfigured.  Then all you have to enter is the amounts.
Although with 100 transactions I'm sure you'll have misc. ones that you
enter on the fly.

Hope this helps,

--
Jeff Atherton
http://www.4mywealth.net

"Bill" <abadaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I currently use Quicken 2002.  I have 1 credit card that pays airline
miles,
> so I use
> it for almost everything & pay it in full each month.  As a result, I
> typically have more than 100 transactions on this card in a month.  I
would
> like to track these transactions, unfortunately Quicken '02 only allows 30
> transactions per split.  Does Money 2004 have the ability to enter
unlimited
> transactions in a split?  If so, is it easy (possible?) to import Quicken
> records into Money?
>
> TIA
>
> Dan

0
jatherto (3)
1/31/2004 9:23:03 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote:

>I currently use Quicken 2002.  I have 1 credit card that pays airline miles,
>so I use
>it for almost everything & pay it in full each month.  As a result, I
>typically have more than 100 transactions on this card in a month.  I would
>like to track these transactions, unfortunately Quicken '02 only allows 30
>transactions per split.  Does Money 2004 have the ability to enter unlimited
>transactions in a split?

I don't know. That is not listed here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;171421

>If so, is it easy (possible?) to import Quicken
>records into Money?

It usually is. There is a downloadable 60 day trial that can convert
Quicken 2002 files to see the effects.

That said, it is not normal to enter a credit card payment with a
bunch of splits. Instead you would have a credit card account. In
that account would be various transactions. There would typically be
one checking-to-credit card transfer that would be your monthly
payment. http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q53 and beyond get into
this.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/31/2004 9:43:31 PM
Are you tracking the transactions when you pay your credit cart bill every
month? Money will track the details you want, but not the way you describe.
Enter the individual transactions in a credit card account. Categorize them
as you wish. Then pay if off at the end of the statement period with a
transfer from checking. There's also a 'category' called 'Credit Card
Payment' which is just a transfer in disguise.

The purchase transactions with the credit card are expenses. The payment is
not an expense.

--
Chris Cowles,
Gainesville, FL

"Bill" <abadaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I currently use Quicken 2002.  I have 1 credit card that pays airline
miles,
> so I use
> it for almost everything & pay it in full each month.  As a result, I
> typically have more than 100 transactions on this card in a month.  I
would
> like to track these transactions, unfortunately Quicken '02 only allows 30
> transactions per split.  Does Money 2004 have the ability to enter
unlimited
> transactions in a split?  If so, is it easy (possible?) to import Quicken
> records into Money?
>
> TIA
>
> Dan

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
1/31/2004 10:39:32 PM
Even better, set up the credit card account to download the transactions
online.  Why should you have to reenter them.  You have to categorize them
the first time, or even quickly once a month.  You simply transfer funds
from your checking account once a month to pay off the credit card account,
something you most likely do anyway.  Since online credit transactions show
up rather quickly now a days, when you open money, and it is set to download
transactions, and the credit card account is included inthis exercise, you
may see the charges in your account even before you usually got around to
entering them yourself.

--
William L. Oppenheim, M.D.
woppenhe@ucla.edu
"Chris Cowles" <NoSpam@For.me> wrote in message
> Are you tracking the transactions when you pay your credit cart bill every
> month? Money will track the details you want, but not the way you
describe.
> Enter the individual transactions in a credit card account. Categorize
them
> as you wish. Then pay if off at the end of the statement period with a
> transfer from checking. There's also a 'category' called 'Credit Card
> Payment' which is just a transfer in disguise.
>
> The purchase transactions with the credit card are expenses. The payment
is
> not an expense.
>
> --
> Chris Cowles,
> Gainesville, FL
>
> "Bill" <abadaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I currently use Quicken 2002.  I have 1 credit card that pays airline
> miles,
> > so I use
> > it for almost everything & pay it in full each month.  As a result, I
> > typically have more than 100 transactions on this card in a month.  I
> would
> > like to track these transactions, unfortunately Quicken '02 only allows
30
> > transactions per split.  Does Money 2004 have the ability to enter
> unlimited
> > transactions in a split?  If so, is it easy (possible?) to import
Quicken
> > records into Money?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dan

0
woppenhe (160)

Restricting Zero Quantity Transaction Posting
RMS should not allow a cashier to zero a quantity (creating a zero sale) and tender the sale for zero dollars allowing the cash drawer to open. I know you can restrict changing quantities for items (which is not what I want and is not the solution I am suggesting). I want RMS to not allow a cashier to enter an item with zero quantity and zero total cost to hit "Tender" or "Enter" then enter "0" for the tender received and have the cash drawer open. This allows cashiers to ring up product, tell the customer what they owe, zero out the quantity (removing th...

How do I enter a formula in a cell so that letters= a number i.e..
How do I enter a formula in a cell so that letters= a number i.e Y=5, N=2. Try this. Change 'cell_ref' to the cell with a letter in. =If(cell_ref="Y",5,If(cell_ref="N",2,"")) "Alex" wrote: > How do I enter a formula in a cell so that letters= a number i.e Y=5, N=2. See one response in your identical post in .newusers (Please do not multi-post) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F901AB86-A3DF-4...

transfer category vs. transfer transaction
what is the difference between using the transfer category and the transfer transacton type? Once you turn off Transaction Forms, nothing. "Jonathan Altman" <JonathanAltman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04404731-4620-4AE9-969C-D376BAE7413F@microsoft.com... > what is the difference between using the transfer category and the > transfer > transacton type? ...

Unknown Items Just Disappears when UPC Scanned on the Transaction Screen
Unknown Items Just Disappears when UPC Scanned on the Transaction Screen Our New scanners are not reading extended Barcodes like the old scanner (new scanners are all symbols - 9200 or Cyclones) Question 1. Is there a way to make the FIND window appear when an unknown item is scanned or entered? Or is there an option in RMS to turn this off? Question 2 Does anyone know what CODE to enable on the Symbols so that UPC's with "2495" (for a $24.95 Item) embedded at the end scan? Thanks for any help I believe under options you can have the find window pop up "ParkRanger&...

Splitting activity among 2 GP companies
We have a few segments of the same company that were all contained in one GP Dynamics database. We have since moved the sales portion of one large segment to a separate GP company. All of the accounts payable, including the large segment, have stayed with the first GP company. Is there any reason to move the large segment's A/P over to the new company or just keep it where it is? Either way, the activity of the 2nd company is journal entried in to the main company once a month for the sake of financial reports. Thanks, Mike Why would you split the firm like that in the first pl...

Bank Reconciliation, reconcile with no transactions (activity)
We have a checkbook with very little activity, how do you do a reconciliation in Dyanmics if you have no activity for a month? Right now we get a message that wants us to mark something before we can reconcile. V9.0 GP thanks -- Doug Doug, I think we've handled this one of the following two ways in the past: 1. create 2 'dummy' transactions - an increase adjustment and a decrease adjustment for $0.01 each so that you have something to mark 2. don't do the actual 'reconcile' for that month - just print out a report showing there was no activity Hope that help...

How to move transaction log in Exch5.5
Hi, The disk where I store my Exch5.5 transaction logs is running out of space. I have added a new disk, but am not certain what is the right procedure to move the transaction log path as well as move the current log files to the new drive. Thanks in advance for your help. Henry Just run the performance optimizer. It is under Start --> Programs --> Microsoft Exchange. You can move your transaction logs, and databases from there. Just enter a new path for your transaction logs and it will automatically move the files for you. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >The ...

combine 100% cumulated and column chart
Hi, could anybody please tell if the a/m possible? If so, how to do it? TIA, Jarek. U�ytkownik "Jarek Kujawa" <kujawa@nospam_polbox.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:O$YgoWLiDHA.1688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > could anybody please tell if the a/m possible? If so, how to do it? > > TIA, > Jarek. > > ...

Transaction Download after upgrade to 2004
I upgraded to Money 2004, now my transaction download on my bank and credit card statements no longer work (automatically, I was able to manually import a saved OFX file from bank, but gosh, how inefficient). I have checked that OFX file type has the right open association for the import program (c:\...\mnyimprt.exe" % 1) and that the import program exists there. I would GREATLY appreciate any suggestions. Thanks, Keith In microsoft.public.money, Keith Wheeles wrote: >I upgraded to Money 2004, now my transaction download on >my bank and credit card statements no longer wor...

how to move the cursor to column A after entering data column F
Is there a way when entering data in a spreadsheet - to have the cursor move to column A after entering data in Column F or beyond? If you enter data across the worksheet press tab, when you have entered the data in column F press the Enter key. Check also Tools | Options |Edit that you have selected Down in the Move selection after Enter. Does this work for you? -- Rae Drysdale "tskaiser" wrote: > Is there a way when entering data in a spreadsheet - to have the cursor move > to column A after entering data in Column F or beyond? try this (put in sheet module) Priva...

auto add Scanned item to transaction
Is there a way to automatically add a scanned item to the transaction? It seems silly to have to hit enter with each item. I'm hoping its just a setting I haven't found yet. I have enabled touchless transactions. The carriage return is a setting on your scanner, not RMS. Check your scanner booklet and within it you should have a bunch of barcodes to scan that serve as programming triggers on your scanner. Jocelyn "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3203F32-B890-416A-978C-1EDC9D0E6AE7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to autom...

Numbers entered change to 0
Hello. I have a worksheet that for no apparent reason began converting numbers to 0. For example, if I entered 7 it changed to 0. The next column was 7*0.3 and it displayed *024. The worksheet was working and designed to calculate mileage at .30/mile. It is not a formatting problem. Been there! Thank you so much. I'd look under: tools|autocorrect options first. ketrash wrote: > > Hello. I have a worksheet that for no apparent reason began converting > numbers to 0. For example, if I entered 7 it changed to 0. The next column > was 7*0.3 and it displayed *024. The wor...

Splitting Profits
I am having problems devising a way to enter split profits in GP. For example Net Income is $100 for January and i want to split the profit 50/50 for our company and another company. What would be the correct way to enter this in GP. Much Appreciated, Matt Barran Matt, You will need to setup your retained earnings account as a fixed allocation account. For this you will need to have two retained earning accounts setup for each of the companies you mentioned, then you will need to go to the Fixed Allocation Maintenance window (Cards > Financial > Fixed Allocation) and setup...

I am forced to enter login name and password every few minutes
When I login to Outlook 2003 I can read my inbox messages, but as soon as I close one and attempt to open another, I am asked to login again. Any ideas? ...

1 email sent 200 times
When I send email to a distribution list, certain domains like sbcglobal.net and pacbell.net recieve 200 copies of the same email. On my end it only shows as going out once. I've got reverse DNS setup correctly and all other domains are working fine. Even AOL is recieving emails wihtout a problem. What could the problem be? I have a very strong feeling that the looping message is on the recipient's side, especially since one of the domains got the email only once. The recipient could look at the message id's of two of the messages and see if they're the same or differe...

Split Tender Void
Any one know why voiding a split tender transaction does not recall the tender amounts? Is there a workaround? We're running 1.3.1011. ...

button that prompts for a value and then enters it into a field
Anyone no where i might find some info on how to do this? I want to click a button on my form, be prompted for a value (similar to a parameter query prompt) and after i enter it and click "ok" it is copied to a field. I dont even know where to start. A place to start: check out the InputBox method. Carl Rapson "kyle775" <kyle.schmitz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176734145.059632.191760@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Anyone no where i might find some info on how to do this? > I want to click a button on my form, be prompted for a value (similar > ...

Border Formatting Disappearing when data entered into cell
I have an Excel Worksheet that is formatted with borders and shading. When I type into a cell, or paste into a cell, the formatting disappears, and seems to revert to some default value. Can anyone help explain how to make Excel act like iot's supposed to? ...

Interfund A/P Transaction
I have set up Interfund Management. It creates the Due To/Due From entries when I post a journal entry; however, it's not creating these additional entries when I post an accounts payable transaction. Am I missing something? ...

splitting forename and surname
i have a sheet with a column containing both forenames and surnames (with a space in between) in the same cell. can i split this into two columns, so that i can sort the list by surname? tia cal Insert a new column to the right select your column with the data data|text to columns delimited by a space character. cal wrote: > > i have a sheet with a column containing both forenames and surnames (with a > space in between) in the same cell. > can i split this into two columns, so that i can sort the list by surname? > > tia > cal -- Dave Peterson nice one dave -...

Problem changing downloaded transactions in Money 2007
I have upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2007. I am having a very annoying problem when I download transactions from my bank. In 2004, whenever I downloaded transactions, they would be automatically matched up with transactions I had already entered into my register. Then I was given the option to accept this downloaded transaction or change it. The problem I'm having is two fold. First, the downloaded transactions never match up with one that I have already entered into the register manually. The times that it does match up with a transaction, it does so with some future tran...

Client CPU 100% memory inc 4KB
I have a client running WinXP Pro Outlook 2002 (setup test machine same issue) connecting to Exchange2000. Symptoms - Open Outlook reminders popup CPU100% forever, Open received meeting request click any response 'tentative, accept, reject' same issue. PROBLEM DOES NOT OCCUR WHEN USING OWA..... I noticed that the Outlook.exe process in task manager at 98-100% initial memory level normal, then increases by 10KB after a few minutes memory increases by 4KB every few seconds. I let it go for several hours memory continued to increased, outlook still appears hung no change in Exchange ser...

Automatically entering date or time in a cell upon entering
How do I get Excel to automatically enter the date or the time in a cell when I either enter or leave the cell? you can use =now() Hth Toms --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Or perhaps you want a constant for your date time stamp, and want it to change when you enter data in another cell on the same row and not to change thereafter. Example of an Event macro: Place current date constant in Column A when Column B changes (#autodate) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#autodate Instead of = Date in the event macro use =Now if you want both da...

Enter quantities at checkout
I am demo'ing RMS and mostly like what I see. One thing I can't seem to find is an easy way for a cashier to quickly change a quantity at checkout. I do not want to stop and pick up a mouse or have to arrow key up and over every time I want to key a quantity change. The documentation says there is an option so that after an item is entered to 'stay on the same line' instead of going to a new line. Can someone point me toward this setting, as I can't find it! If this change is (can be?) made, what happens if you just scan the next item? Do you have to manually move t...

Show Vendor address when entering invoice, Compare to paper copy
It would be helpful if the Payables Transaction Entry showed the vendor's Remit To address, so it can be compared to the invoice. This helps make sure we are paying the right vendor and mailing the check to the correct address. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...