End Program Hanging...after using Money Deluxe

After using MS Money Deluxe, Win XP, All files are current and up to date :

When I close Money and want to shut the computer down I get a message pop
up, End Program : 5A25A898 THAT HANGS, Then I get another END PROGRAM: MCI
Command Handling.

Then I invoke Task Manager to end all tasks and the computer shuts down.

Any suggestions.

Thanks In Advance
0
Birdflu (40)
9/3/2008 7:06:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Birdflu wrote:

>After using MS Money Deluxe, Win XP, All files are current and up to date :
>
>When I close Money and want to shut the computer down I get a message pop
>up, End Program : 5A25A898 THAT HANGS, Then I get another END PROGRAM: MCI
>Command Handling.
>
>Then I invoke Task Manager to end all tasks and the computer shuts down.
>
>Any suggestions.

If you are trying the IE 8 Beta, please report this to your Beta
contact. And then stop using IE 8 beta if you need Money to work.

>Thanks In Advance
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/3/2008 8:41:59 PM
Yep, sure am using IE 8 Beta.   I'll bet you are right. I'll go back to
seven and give it a try and report the culprit to the team.

Thank Again.
"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Birdflu wrote:
>
> >After using MS Money Deluxe, Win XP, All files are current and up to date :
> >
> >When I close Money and want to shut the computer down I get a message pop
> >up, End Program : 5A25A898 THAT HANGS, Then I get another END PROGRAM: MCI
> >Command Handling.
> >
> >Then I invoke Task Manager to end all tasks and the computer shuts down.
> >
> >Any suggestions.
>

> If you are trying the IE 8 Beta, please report this to your Beta
> contact. And then stop using IE 8 beta if you need Money to work.
>

> >Thanks In Advance

0
Birdflu (40)

Money 2003 Problem
The age old problem. Never really backed up upon exiting Money. Computer packs up - no backup file. However a money file (.mny I think) is left in my documents. On attempting to restore it, it initially tells me a location where it will save the backup file. Then it gives the following error message. 'Money cannot locate C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\Backup2 or cannot open it because it is a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed,you will need to click OK and ope...

XML 2004 just 3 weeks away -- view program updates -- reserve room -- register today
XML 2004 Conference & Exposition –“From Syntax to Solutions” November 15-19, 2004 – Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C. http://www.xmlconference.org XML 2004 is just 3 weeks away. The largest continuously running, independently organized XML conference, XML 2004 is produced by IDEAlliance http://www.idealliance.org and partnered by other industry and standards –making organizations, such as OASIS, W3C, WS-I, NISO, DISA, and LISA. XML 2004 taking place November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. offers over 140 presentations, 30+ exhibitors, to...

Calculating time worked using 100ths of an hour, from 1 day into n
Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92). How do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the start time as I do for same day start and stop times? How about =if(endtime>startime, endtime-startime,(endtime+24.0)-startime) -- Gary's Student "maintchief" wrote: > Calculating time worked, using 100ths of hr. (for instance 22.73-06.92). How > do I calculate it correctly since I can't just subtract the end time from the > start time as I do for same day start and stop times? That pluse a mino...

how i can use CEDitView member function
hi ,Can any one tell me that how i can use the CEditView member funcion ,if my VIEW CLASS IS DERIVED FROM CView instead of CEditView. for example void CTEST9View::OnUpdate(CView* pSender, LPARAM lHint, CObject* pHint) { CEdit& theEdit = GetEditCtrl(); ------------------ ------------------ } But I am unable to get Get GetEditCtrl() ,so what i should do Arbind Mr David if u do not want to want tell, don't tell but don't do like this. "Arbind" <arbindb_tech@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:e$WzWnVYDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi ,Can any one ...

Using table field in Lookup Wizard
In a particular table I need to reference fields of that table to a Lookup Wizard in the same table. This is a genealogy database and there is a filed for parentMother and a field for parentFather, which should reference the unique key numbers of the proper entry, NULL is possible. However, the Lookup Wizard will not let me reference fields of the current table. I even tried writing a query on the ID and name fields, but the Lookup Wizard will not let me use a query that references the same table. This is with Access 2007 on a Windows XP installation. I must stress that I am n...

set contract to active using sdk
hi, I am trying to set the contract which is in draft state to active by using the following code. SetStateContractRequest setStateRequest = new SetStateContractRequest(); setStateRequest.ContractState = ContractState.Active; setStateRequest.ContractStatus = 3; //active setStateRequest.EntityId = new Guid( ContractID); SetStateContractResponse changed = (SetStateContractResponse)service.Execute(setStateRequest); I am getting the error' n 0x80043203\n The state is invalid, this contract cannot be set to invoice state Please help!! ...

Use of normalised information
I have a table with company information, where the uniqe key is organisation number, which i have normalised on company code. In that new table on company code, i have givin each code a ranking(number) after how important that code is for me (e.g. stockcompany(SC) got 1, where i singleowner company(SOC) got a higher number) I now want a tabel where it is the phonenumber that is the uniqe key, and since the same phonenumber can have "many" differents organisation numbers, then i want the right companycode attached to the phonenumber (e.g. SC if one of the companies is a stock...

Looking to automatically "unhide" rows in excel using hyperlinks
Using Excel 2000 and want to hide rows then have those rows automatically displayed if a hyperlink is selected. ...

using two cells 1 with total time n 1 with date how can i put the.
I'm trying to put the amount of time spent in to a seperate sheet (Cell # 2 column E ) from a sheet that has the dates in one cell (column A) and the time spent in another (column K) and the reason for the time spent in column B. On the seperate sheet I have to put the amount of time spent in column E and match with the date I have in column A on the seperate sheet to populate the chart that I'm making. The only thing that I have been able to do is create a formula to show the amount of time spent and for what reason but i can't match it to the date because the dates ...

OWA using Satellite Internet COnnection
We have some users in a remote camp that only have Satellite Internet. Their signal is strong and they tell me websites load relatively quick. We sucessfully use FTP to get data back and forth, but OWA is problematic and for the most part will not work. I have read alot of articles about exchange 2000 being troublesome with high latency connections, but all of the articles say upgrade to Exchange 2003 as it fixes it. I have Exchange 2003... DOes anyone have any experience with this. We have tried playing with Frame size and MTU...unsucessfully. On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:37:01 -0800, No...

Average return money 2007
Anybody know if money 2007 calculates an average per year % return rate in portfolio/investments. The closest thing I see in annulized return on your investments, is this the same thing? "Richard" wrote: > Anybody know if money 2007 calculates an average per year % return rate in > portfolio/investments. The closest thing I see in annulized return on your > investments, is this the same thing? "Richard" wrote: > Anybody know if money 2007 calculates an average per year % return rate in > portfolio/investments. The closest thing I see in annuli...

Money 95 to Money 2004
I have Money 95 on my old computer. I have finally updated to a new computer and purchased Money 2004 Premium. How do I or can I transfer my Money 95 data into Money 2004? I tried saving the database to a disc and then importing, but I still do not have access to my account information. any suggestion will be appreciated Deborah Save the .MNY data file from the old machine to a CD or similar; copy from the CD to disk in the new machine, verify that the new copy is not set to Read-Only, then double click on it. Money should take matters from here and upgrade your data file. If follow...

Remove 'Non Commercial Use' in Outlook title bar
QUESTION: - How to easily & quickly remove the 'non commercial use' in the title bar for a newly installed version of office professional 2007? BACKGROUND I am running Windows 7 and have the Office Professional 2007 on dvd. My new laptop was pre-installed with office 2007. I did not un-install this, I just put in my new office 2007 professional dvd and completed the installation. Everything works, however, outlook (only outlook) displays the 'non-commercial use' in the title bar. I have no entry for office 2007 in the add/remove programs. The only entry ...

Problem using CFileFind on SMB server on LAN
Hi, I am having problems using CFindFile() when the path is to a directory on an SMB server in the local LAN. I am able to "see" the directory using _chdir but I need to iterate through all the files in the directory using CFindFile() My code is as follows : __code__ char * c_str = "\\\\server\\dir"; int foundVideoDir = _chdir(c_str); if (foundVideoDir != 0) { ;/*do error code*/ exit(1); } // if get here dir found on remote server CFileFind finder2; BOOL bResult2 = finder2.FindFile(c_str); if (bResult2 == 0) // note opposite value to _chdir { /*do second...

Is it possible to assign fonts using formular?
I have a formular: =REPT("|",(VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)/200))& " " & VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE) but I need to change the font of the 2nd "VLOOKUP($E$4,SummaryTable,6,FALSE)" section. Is this possible to do? A formula can only return a result to the cell. It cannot modify anything else, including formatting. If you manually format part of a cell's content, that formatting will be deleted when the formula is recalculated. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpears...

are microsoft Money 2005 files backward compatible with 2004?
I had a disk crash but I had a backup. When I restored my files to the new disk, I could not find the original money disk and of course it wouldn't run without being 'installed'. I found a copy of 2004 at a discount. Will 2004 read the 2005 files? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0045_01C6F242.051FC7D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable NO, files are not backward compatible... "prefersQuicken" <prefersQuicken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:B...

Uses for Autotext Cleanup

Use of "--"
D'all, what is the meaning of "--" in a formula. Hi, The double minus -- or more correctly the double unary coerces logical values to numeric values of 1 (true) or 0 (False) formula like SUMPRODUCT can then add these up to obtain the result. Mike "Sandeep Jangra" wrote: > D'all, > what is the meaning of "--" in a formula. > See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.SUMPRODUCT.html -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Sandeep Jangra" <SandeepJangra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:499EA544-26...

Using Hotmail through Outlook 2003
Hi i just added a new e-mail account on Outlook 2003 and it is a Hotmail account that is being linked. I was wondering how to hide all of the inbox, junk mail, etc.. files when the person is not logged in because i tried looking at my inbox while I was not logged in and it asked for my password. I simply pressed cancel and all my inbox files were there. How do I fix this? Thanks. ...

Using IE to export a table from HTML to Excel
This is a great and very useful feature but every time you do it , it starts a new instance of Excel (I am using Excel 2007). If you export multiple tables , each is in its own Excel instance and you cannot move or copy sheest between workbooks. It would be great if it could add a workbook to an existing instance if one exists. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this li...

Money 2003 Password
I have Money 2003, but forgot my password, How do I recreate another? Or just get back into the files I have created??? ...

Formula for using check boxes
If this has been asked before, sorry for a repeat. In a form I' creating that will be later imported to Access, some sections I have uses check boxes. I'm very new to excel, especially using formulas. For check boxes, like a Yes and No, if a person checks Yes, I would like the cell to prevent the No box from being check and vice-versa. Also for check boxes with multiple choices, if they check 3 items, I would like all 3 text's to appear in the data field that will later be exported to Access. Is there a way to do this? Thank you Hell-fire: It sounds like what you wan...

possible to use vlookup with multiple lookup values?
I'd like to use two columns of data to look up values. In my main table, I have A1=foo, B1=bar In my look up table, I have A1=foo, B1=bar and C1=123. I'd like to create a vlookup that will populate C1 in my main table based on the contents of cells A1 and B1. Is this possible? Try one of these: If foo and bar will be a *unique combination* and the value to be returned is numeric: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!A1:A10=A1),--(Sheet2!B1:B10=B1),Sheet2!C1:C10) Or, this generic array entered** version (returns both text and numbers): =INDEX(Sheet2!C1:C10,MATCH(1,(Sheet2!A1:A10=A1)*(Sheet2!B...

Advice on installing and using GDI+ for newbie
I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, if so please direct me to the right newsgroup. I have a control I need to use that has to have GDI+ on the machine. I've downloaded the SDK. But can't seem any guides as to how to actually set this up ready for use. If anyone has any links or advice I'd be grateful. I am using the following in my header (not sure if this is correct or not: #include <gdiplus.h> using namespace Gdiplus; Thanks in advace Wayne... "Wayne..." <w.robson@oneteldsl.net> wrote in message news:<418a16ce@212.67.96.135>... >...

Money 2003 running slowly (Windows 98)
I archived and I've deleted my old investment quotes. I've even added more RAM, but Money 2003 gets slower and slower. It's especially slow after opening when I try to add the first transaction to any account. Anything I can do to speed things up? Copy and rename sample.mny to something like test.mny (you can use a different directory) and then double click on the test.mny file. Experiement with this test.mny file. It is about a 4meg. file. My largest mny file is 6meg and it runs fine with 256k and an 850mhz AMD Duran CPU and a Western Digital 7k rpm hdd running Win98SE Do...