Encryption problem with Money 2004 Business

I recedntly purchased a new lap top and tried to load Microsoft Money 2004
Small Bussiness and the program refused to run.  An error message appears
that states that The system cannot encryt date at the desired level.
All Internet Explorere and Microsoft Windows XP upgrades are in place. Any
suggestions?
--
Razorback Jack
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Razorback Jack wrote:

>I recedntly purchased a new lap top and tried to load Microsoft Money 2004
>Small Bussiness and the program refused to run.  An error message appears
>that states that The system cannot encryt date at the desired level.
>All Internet Explorere and Microsoft Windows XP upgrades are in place. Any
>suggestions?

Check
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327232&Product=mny

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

ImageFrame Problem with Empty Reports
I am getting this "type mismatch" error when I try to open a report that has no records. The report normally displays a picture of the client if they have one or more records in the report. If they don't, it should be able to still open the report but just show no records. I have traced the source of the error to the following code in the pageheader of my report. ImageCyclist.picture=[picpath] The [picpath] is a field inserted in the pageheader that contains the pathname or link where the picture of the person is retrieved from. How can I prevent this error from appearing?? ...

help fixing a calculation problem
i have an big file that takes a while to calculate. I keep my calculation set on manual. a few times a day I create a csv. file out of a database and open it in excel and the file starts to calc and I end up having to wait it out. Anyone have an idea on how to prevent that from happening? -- barrfly Excel User - Energy markets ------------------------------------------------------------------------ barrfly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4141 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482195 Try this .. Before yo...

Strange Excel problem when opening an Excelbook
When I open an Excelworkbook I get the following message from Excel (see attached picture) First I get a security warning that the Excelbook contains macros which is OK. I press Enable macros (totaly normal) Then the strange message appears when excel looks for MIM.EXE???. If I press OK I get following message from Excel: "Cannot run MIM.EXE. The program or one of its components is damaged or missing" I press OK and I get back to the strange message. But if I press Ok again I get the Cannot MIM.EXE message, but then after pressing OK I can can continue work with the Excelwo...

problem installing the windows vista security error code 80070020
it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to do help plz You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat > to > do help plz dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to > do help plz Is the keyboard not functioning properly ? Please see: How to ask a question h...

I am having problem while installing MS Dynamics in Win XP
I am trying to install Microsoft Dynamics in Win XP, it gives an error saying MS Exchange server 2003 SP1 has to be istalled first I dont have MS exchange server installed in Win XP,what I have is outlook only Can I go ahead and install SP1 for win XP ( THIS IS AN OFFLINE INSTALLTION RIGHT NOW I am not using outlook to get my Email) Let me know how to install the same and the precaution I have to take Most of the errors expected are given for WIN 200 SERVER & 2003 SERVER IN TECHNET HENCE THIS QUESTION TO TYE COMMUNITY Regards Harish We cannot help unless you are m...

Business Alerts #2
Hi there I have set up SQL2k mail to work with a Groupwise PO - and mailing and address book functions work 100% in SQL itself. I get the issue when writing a business alert to work in GP for this - but it doesnt work - ive tried sending a test mail from the business alert and i get the error 0x80004005 in GP. Using GP 8.0 (no sp yet)on SQL2k. Has anyone else resolved a similar issue or is it an issue with V8.0?? Also does GP need to be running (application) on the server for the business alert to work?? Thanks heaps Theo :) Is it supposed to send an email? Business Alert are just SQL ...

Money 2004 standard
I have Window me, I have been using money 2001 & i have been trying to up to 2004. Upon installing it gets as far as 64% and stops. It says "installing interent explorer 6 web browser". Do I have to uninstall 2001 befor I install 2004? I received no errors. I also stoped my anti-virus protection. My PC is about one year old. I need help, Thank you You shouldn't have to. However, you might want to install IE6 independently before trying the Money installation. Go into the IE directory on the CD and run the ie6setup.exe file from there. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Mo...

Vista and Money 2005 ofx import problem
I recognise some names here from another forum but I thought it may be helpful to canvass some more opinions/expertise. I have Vista Ultimate running and have succesfully loaded Money 2005 UK and updated via the internet. Everything works fine except the bit I need ! I use Barclays Bank and have downloaded .ofx files for several years (Barclays does not support QIF). When trying to do this in Vista I get an error message saying the file is corrupt or not recognised. I have tried all manner of things including testing the ofx file etc and it appears fine and will load into Money run...

blue screen reboot problems
my home prem. vista pc keeps rebooting. Blue screen message is 2 seconds long so i can't read it and several attempts to resolve this by using system restore etc is only making it worse. I've run virus scans in safe mode nothing. My deskstop comes up at startup with "windows installer" 3x then a box says that windows has to close down and then it reboots after 30 seconds or so, no time to try and update to sp1 or find the problem list because it dumps to fast. The blue screen does say TCPIP error or something. Do i have to connect Mircosoft with $$ or is this not f...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Money 2000 Business & Personal conversion
Hello - can Money 2004 Standard convert a 2000 Business & Personal file? I'm getting an error message: "Money cannot locate '%1' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected." I've checked, and neither is read-only Thanks in advance Mark In microsoft.public.money, Mark LaGrange wrote: >Hello - can Money 2004 Standard convert a 2000 Business & >Personal file? I'm getting an error message: > >"Money cannot locate '%1' or cannot...

counter problem(you really want to read this)
i have a workbook that contains two sheets. Sheet one contains a list of names. Each name references an information sheet for that name. I wish to collect data for each name for a specified number of days "x". When that number of days is met, then I wish to click on a button on the toolbar to delete some number "x" of days of data from 1 - "x" including "x". I wish to do this to make the data more current hence meaningful ...

HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T2N1 problems
Running Microsoft Media Center Edition SP3 on Dell Inspiron 6400. Poblem - select files from explorer - right click, select Sent To - drive does not appear in window Problem - select files from explorer - drag them to drive D:\ - get error D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function. What is wrong. Pierre C wrote: > Running Microsoft Media Center Edition SP3 on Dell Inspiron 6400. > > Poblem - select files from explorer - right click, select Sent To > - drive does not appear in window > > Problem - select files from explorer - drag them to drive D...

Problem sharing a workbook
Hi, I've created an Excel workbook (Excel 2003 (11.8120.8122) SP2), placed it on a shared network server, and then selected Tools>Protection>Protect and Share Workbook... with the "Share and track changes" option selected, and password protection set. However, if I attempt to open it when someone else has it open, I get the message stating that the workbook is opened by user so and so and am given the option to open it as Read-Only, Notify, etc. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks, Linda ...

Need some info see if money is worth it?
I am on quicken and not happy with it. Does anyone know if money has double entry? Does it it do corporate spin-off and return to capitol? It's not true double entry accounting. Versions higher than the Standard one will do spin-offs, mergers, etc. All have return of capital transactions, but only those that lower cost basis. -- Michael Gordon MVP <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:356d01c49f58$07a615c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I am on quicken and not happy with it. Does anyone know if > money has double entry? Does it it do corporate spin-off >...

Problems with a Folder in Outlook 2000 SR-1
I just started having a problem with MS-Outlook. One of my mail-folders called 'to review' cannot open, every time I open it to see what items are in it, it just makes a weird noise on my hard drive. I did a right click on the Outlook File name and checked the folder size, and it returned with an error message. All other folders (like 30 or so) return a valid folder size. After that I went and ran the Inbox Tool Repair Kit and that returned an error message on that folder as well and told me to run scandisk.....well boys and girls, I don't think Scandisk is on Win2K Pro. Also,...

Relationship problems
I have a DB with 6 tables tbl 1 (Person's Info) ClientNum (PK) FName LName + all person info tbl 2 (Employment info) EmpID (PK) ClientNum EmpCodeNum EmpStatus TrainingRelated StartDate EndDate tbl 3 (Employer Codes) EmpCodeNum (PK) EmployerName tbl 4 (Trades) TradeNum (PK) TradeName tbl 5 (Pri-Training) PriTraID (PK) ClientNum TradeNum tbl 6 (Sec-Training) SecTraID (PK) ClientNum TradeNum The problem i'm have is that when i go to create a form to enter all the clients data the de...

Having problems opening pst file
When I try to open a pst file - I get the following message "Properties for this informaton service must be defined prior to use" then I get another pop-up "Errors |\ve been detected in the file C:\WINDOWS\APPLICATION DATA\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK\outlook.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, then use the Inbox Repair Tool" Please help!!! I have important contact information I can't get to. GHR 770-451-8565 x11 "GHR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012d01c3ddf8$5ef50650$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open a...

Earn money at Net
Completely changing your lifestyle is in no way leaving to be comfortable but we all allow the opening to earn money on the earn. It's not precisely a pipe goal in support of many frequent it has genuinely untouched each aspect of their lives. Take in support of instance the holder of 'Bankaholic' - a Wordpress blog calibrate up by a 22 time old man almost believe cards and banks - he's precisely sold it in support of $15 million and been prearranged a job to bring up to date it. It's a staggering amount in support of a wordpress blog but it shows the power of the i...

Send Mail Problem
Hi all One of our user got the below two message from postmaster, i try to disable the rule(list.dsbl.org) from the connection filtering, but the problems still exists. I search my mailserver ip on list.dsbl.org, it listed. To removal need one week. Have any faster way to fix this problems? abc@abc.com on Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:28:05 +0800 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <"Mailserver Host" #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> 1...

X Axis Linear Representation Problem
I have a project involving a hiking trail where I am trying to capture altitude on Y axis versus mile marker location on X axis. I can enter the data in adjoining columns and use the chart wizard but each mile marker value gets positioned along the X axis in uniform increments rather than an actual linear scale representation. In other words, mile markers 3.3 and the next mile marker (3.8) are the same distance apart on the X axis in the graphic representation as is marker 3.8 and the next one (12.5). This distorts the graphic representation of the actual linear distance between the...

Form Locking Code Encrypting
Where would I go to find some software that I can use on my DB so as stop somebody copying it. I want to put an Encrypted code on one form that locks all Data on that and 2 other forms will not work unless there is the right code on the main form.................Thanks For any Help.....Bob rofl Access MDB is not secure; you should use SQL Server with Access Data Projects; it's not like someone can copy your database lol On Apr 29, 5:49 pm, "Bob" <x...@xx.xx> wrote: > Where would I go to find some software that I can use on my DB so as stop > somebody copy...

Office 2004 German release date
Hey All, could someone inform me when the release date for the german Office 2004 = is? Although microsoft's mactopia site states that this was sometime = back in=20 July, on the german apple store one cannot yet purchase Office 2004?!? This is a bit confusing, especially because I was hoping to take = advantage of=20 the 'free' upgrade from Office X purchased at the beginning of this year = -=20 only catch being that this offer is time-limited to one month after the=20 release date. Any info much welcome! Thanks silvretta ...

Problem receiving some emails
I have not received several emails over the last few days that were sent to me. Address is correct. I have received many emails on those days, but a few never came through. This is very important!!! -- ZC Check to see if those missing emails are accessible on the server by going to your webmail page (using Internet Explorer). If the emails aren't on your provider's server, Windows Mail can't download them. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "zcovey" wrote in message news:FA5013FF-6E36-47C5-A35B-380509D648F7@microsoft.com... I have not receiv...

Money ? #3
I've had Microsoft Money for years, well, starting from Money 98. My problem is that I had all my investments (no hard copy) in what must have been an updated version of Money 98 on a system that crashed. That's okay because I had a back up of my Money File. However, the only disk I can find for Money, is my original Money 98, but this must be an earlier version of the program than my last update, so it won't open it. Fine, I thought, I've downloaded the trial version of Money 2004, thinking I'll simply pay to go to an updated program. However, this won't recognise my ...