Downloading transactions for credit card account.

Hi,

I was able to get all my accounts and thier information from my Financial
institution when I gave my user-name and pwd. But it appears that none of the
transactions for my credit-card got downloaded. I tried updating that account
again but to no avail.
Any idea as to how one can do it?

-Regards,
Shridhar
0
Boka (2)
6/10/2008 7:29:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Boka wrote:

>I was able to get all my accounts and thier information from my Financial
>institution when I gave my user-name and pwd. But it appears that none of the
>transactions for my credit-card got downloaded. I tried updating that account
>again but to no avail.
>Any idea as to how one can do it?

Somebody may have knowledge of your FI and your credit card. My
banking and credit card are separate for downloading with different
account numbers and passwords.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/10/2008 7:46:40 PM
I have the same FI for my credit card and other accounts. With other
accounts, it did download the transactions, but not with credit-card! Is
there any explicit way I can tell MS-M to download the transactions for one
perticular account?

Do you mean that my credit card account may have a different username and
pwd, which if used (assuming it exists) MS-M will do the needful?

Thanks for the prompt response,
Boka

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Boka wrote:
>

> >I was able to get all my accounts and thier information from my Financial
> >institution when I gave my user-name and pwd. But it appears that none of the
> >transactions for my credit-card got downloaded. I tried updating that account
> >again but to no avail.
> >Any idea as to how one can do it?
>
> Somebody may have knowledge of your FI and your credit card. My
> banking and credit card are separate for downloading with different
> account numbers and passwords.

0
Boka (2)
6/10/2008 9:09:04 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Boka wrote:

>I have the same FI for my credit card and other accounts. With other
>accounts, it did download the transactions, but not with credit-card! Is
>there any explicit way I can tell MS-M to download the transactions for one
>perticular account?
>
>Do you mean that my credit card account may have a different username and
>pwd, which if used (assuming it exists) MS-M will do the needful?

Things differ for different credit cards and FIs. So you *may* may
have a different username (or you may use the credit card number).

Check
http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationType=CreditCardProvidersOnly
for your credit card and see if the words "third party" are used in
the description. If the words "third party" do not appear, but
"direct services" does appear, then your credit card company
provides an OFX server to let Money get the transactions without
going thru a third party.

If the words "third party" are used in the description of your
credit card, then we will know that your credit card is different
from mine.

In that case, you might see if you can log on to the credit card
company's website with your credit card number as the ID.

>Thanks for the prompt response,
>Boka
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, Boka wrote:
>>

>> >I was able to get all my accounts and thier information from my Financial
>> >institution when I gave my user-name and pwd. But it appears that none of the
>> >transactions for my credit-card got downloaded. I tried updating that account
>> >again but to no avail.
>> >Any idea as to how one can do it?
>>
>> Somebody may have knowledge of your FI and your credit card. My
>> banking and credit card are separate for downloading with different
>> account numbers and passwords.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

National Accounts should let us apply child credit memos to all.
If a Child Account has open, unapplied credit memos, they should be available for application to other Child Accounts during National Accounts cash receipts entry. The way the system currently works is that if you select the Parent Account for the entry, you will not be able to see nor apply any credit memos to Child Accounts if the credit memos did not originate at the Parent level. For my client, their Parent Account customer takes and uses credit memos against any and every Child Account, regardless of whether that Child Account has any invoices that are due to be paid. This causes...

Saving Monthly Accounts and starting a new Month?
Hi Everyone, I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous month and using the same "Categories!." So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored, and start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what has been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about. Thank you Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :) Hard to advise without some info ...

Credit Card Payments
I've been using MM for years now but just noticed something in MM 2005. If I go to reports and click on "Monthly Income and Expenses" the report doesn't list credit card payments even if I select "Include transfers..." in Customize Report. It seems that the report generator doesn't know about the special Transfer and Credit Card Payment categories. It only knows about the expense category "Credit Card Payments/Transfers". My question is does anyone actually use this expense category? It seems like it could cause some unfortunate side effect...

how to export email accounts
Hi, I am reinstalling XP on my Dell computer, reformatting the hard disk. I will then install Outlook 2003. Now I use Outlook 2002. How can I export the email accounts settings (I use 10 email accounts) to a file that I can use to import later? Thank you very much, Pietro Unfortunately Outlook 2003 can only import account settings from Outlook Express and Eudora Pro. It cannot import account settings from a file. Outlook Express is also unable to import account settings from a file so it would be impossible to import the accounts into Outlook Express and then import them into Outlook...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

STATEMENT DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS #2
Hi, I am trying to download statements and keep coming up with an error which says that "A communication error has occurred. Please try or call again." I have tried deleting and recreating the OFX file extension but this hasn't helped. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks Caz In microsoft.public.money, Cazzy123 wrote: >I am trying to download statements and keep coming up with an error which >says that "A communication error has occurred. Please try or call again." I >have tried deleting and recreating the OFX file extension but this hasn't >he...

Mid-month credit card downloads
BofA just changed their on-line interface and they're having a lot of problems. I was told that I can no longer download credit card transactions into my Money program mid-month. In other words if I want to track expenses during the month I will have to manually enter all of my credit card transactions. The alternative is to wait until the end of my billing cycle and download 50 to 100 transactions at once and then review and assign them. There are no plans to reinstate this service. I immediately sent a comment to them complaining about the inconvenience and limitations of their new...

Why is Outlook 2003 synchronizing folders from a PoP email account!
I have one internet email account. No Exchange. I loaded Outlook 2003 3 days ago. All of a sudden. Today, it is synchronizing my folders. It takes forever and seems to be in some kind of a loop. 2 hours and still no email downloaded. Let the games begin, again. Another product from Microsoft with major bugs right out of the shoot. SP1 ready yet? Any Microsoft employees here care to tell me how to disable the synchronization of my folders to other folders that don't exist? Do you care to tell us what options you selected before shooting off your opinions about Microsoft???? --� Milly S...

Cash Drawer won't open on transaction
Our client just replaced a PC after a H/D failure and everything is back up and working other than the cash drawer. It's connected to a Star SP200 serial printer on COM1. The printer works fine. The printer and the drawer both test fine from the Star OPOS configuration utility. Also, both are visible and test fine from the device screen in Store Ops (Shift + Ctrl + F5). We've already removed and reinstalled the Star drivers and tried a couple different versions. So now what...? BMI, Did you install Star's Cash Drawer OPOS driver too? Look in the Star folder for the Cash ...

How to detect if hardware is Wake-on-LAN able ? network card or BIOS feature?
Assume I am sitting in front of a computer (from a friend). How can I find out if the hardware supports Wake-on-lan? Is this feature dependent from the BIOS of the motherboard or from the network card? Camille bios "Camille Petersen" <cpet_magnus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b436c68$0$6730$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net... > Assume I am sitting in front of a computer (from a friend). How can I find > out if the hardware > supports Wake-on-lan? > > Is this feature dependent from the BIOS of the motherboard or from the > netw...

Transaction error in Money 2007
Since TAXCUT is out and Money is free with it (Staples), I purchased and upgraded from 06 to 07. My first download resulted in a transaction on my Fidelity account that listed the sale of one mutual fund and the purchase of another. Following the prompts I accepted each transaction but received the following error: An error occurred but Money was unable to retrieve and display details about what happened. (Resource = rcmpiad. Error = 4061.) I have tried deleting the transaction but it continually says 1 transaction to read. I have run salvage and it claimed to fix some on-line issue...

Investment Account Summaries are always blank
I am a brand new user to Money 2006. After the very first time I set up my Ameritrade brokerage account, it neatly listed my positions in the account summary (after clicking on the account from the account list). Unfortunately, that was the only time my holdings were displayed in the summary. Now the summary is always blank, and I have to click on Investing Tools --> Portfolio Manager to see the positions. I have no idea what's wrong. I even setup a manual (non-linked) investment account and it does the same thing, it wont display my holdings in the account summary. I have ...

Can't get at downloaded transactions
While Money was going through it's online update I also was in the process of requesting a download of transactions from a bank which uses web statements rather than direct statements. Somehow things must have gotten out of sync so that now Money is showing I have 19 transactions from this institution to review (which is correct) but it doesn't present me with anything to review when I'm in that account. I've tried re-downloading from the bank but that doesn't help. Any ideas how I can access the downloaded transactions? In microsoft.public.money, Ken wrote: &...

re-download MS Money instructions??
I purchased and "installed" MS Money Deluxe today on the Internet. I have the order confirmation and codes in hand. After removing my prior version of Money Deluxe 2006 ..I received a message saying that Money could not "install files needed" and for me to "re-download the program". Where/how do I "re-download: the program? the M S Money page that I found tells me to get the code and purchase information in hand...but..stops there. Is there a site I go to re- download? thanks for any help. Rich In microsoft.public.money, rich wrote: >I pur...

MSN account list
How come I can't get a CASH account to show up in MSN. I want to enter transaction on MSN site from work and on the road, and sync them when I get home. ...

Aging report table for accounts receivable
Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make query/view in sql server 2005 Michael, You need to use RM20101 and RM10201 tables. You need to use date functions to get the aging for your view based on document date or due date field. If your aging is setup to be by Doc Date, Consider Doc Date and If it is due date, you should be taking it by Due Date. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make > query/view in sql server 2005...

splits investment transaction
I need an idea on how to split a transaction into two. I am recording investments in stocks and bonds, and many times only part of the shares are sold and I need to split the cost between the stock sold and the stock still held. For example Teststock date 09/16/09 shares 1000 value 9616.96 needs to be split into two items Teststock date 09/16/09 shares 500 value 4808.47 Teststock date 09/16/09 shares 500 value 4808.48 Any suggestions on how to do this? Was remembered that I had a similiar problem before and I looked it up and I did it by adding a table, where I add 2 lines ...

Quicken Import & Online Download has Messed Up Accounts
I'm a new Money 2005 user. Was using Quicken and got a new Notebook with Money Standard preinstalled. Liked it, and disliked Quicken's new version. But I use my desktop for my finances, not my notebook, so I downloaded the trial from the MS site, and I'm going to purchase it. My problem: I imported my Quicken data, and then I set up automatic online downloads. So I have multiple instances of some accounts. I know there is a "Merge Accounts" feature, but before trying it I took a good look at all the accounts, and I beleive I will end up with a real mess if I merge...

viewing unreconciled and downloaded transactions
I have Money 03 and want to be able to view unreconciled transactions, along with unapproved downloaded transactions. The problem is that Money automatically marks all my downloaded transactions as reconciled, even if I haven't approved them yet. My only two options are to view unreconciled transactions (which allows me to see only manually entered trans), and to view unnaproved transactions (which allows me to only view the downloaded entries). Is there a way of preventing the downloaded entries from being automatically reconciled? ...

POS 2009 Accounting integration
Does anyone know if the new version, POS 2009, will integrate with Microsoft Office Accounting? I need to upgrade my Quickbooks, but I'd rather switch to Microsoft Accounting, instead. The only thing keeping me from switching is the POS integration. Keep your QuickBook and integrate POS2009 to it. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@rrdisti.com Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E36DC5A5-9AB4-45EC-AB5B-5D50AE163EC1@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if the new version, POS 2009, will integrate with > Microsoft &...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

Moving a Chart of account segment to analytical accounting Dimension
We need to move a segment from chart of account to TRx Dimension in Analytical Accounting. Can anybody suggest about what data we should import in Dimension Codes related to historical and Open transaction distributions. Basically we want to be able to use Analytical Accounting reports for old transactions for this new Dimension. Is it even possible to do ? ...

downloading files from http server
hi! i've got following problem: i have to download a .dat file from http server. I'm trying to do this using CHttpFile. When the file has extension like .htm or html evetithing works fine, but when m change the extension to ..dat the program throws exception (place: pFile->SeekToEnd() - i'm doing this to get file size). How to correct this kind error? How about using URLDownloadToFile? Its rather straightforward. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "menkaur" <menkaur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22491173-E754-4958-B181-9E700...

Another users account appearing
We are running 2K with exchange server 2000 with 200 users accessing email through Outlook 2000. We have one user who will sometimes receive another users email settings, ie: inbox. He will log onto the network under his normal loggon and then start up Exchange and will have the other account. The account that keeps coming up is the Administrators account. It is always the same account that will come up. We have not been told of any other circumstances with any other staff. It is always the same machine and we have deleted all stored profiles on the machine and are running mandatory pr...

Year End Close on Unit Accounts
Our FRX financials show at least the last 6 periods of data. On some of the financials we include unit accounts. Now that we rolled into the new year we noticed that units were in the BBF entry. Why would I want those brought forward? I suppose there a situations where this information is necessary but not in every instance. In our situation it totally distorts the YTD information. We show the number of hours that an aircraft flies month by month and would expect the YTD show total hours flown by year. Reading the posts it seems that this has not been fixed in version 8. We have...