downloaded transactions

How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren't
there?  I've downloaded my statements, they are imported
into the account, Money tells me how many I need to
review, but they aren't there as they usually are
(bolded).  I have tried to "accept all", to no avail.
Any advice?

Thanks,

Bartley
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Try the following article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316900

"bartley" <bartleycox@msn.com> wrote in message
> How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren't
> there?  I've downloaded my statements, they are imported
> into the account, Money tells me how many I need to
> review, but they aren't there as they usually are
> (bolded).  I have tried to "accept all", to no avail.
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bartley

0
bjclarinet (489)
8/8/2003 12:36:44 PM
System Win XP Pro, Money 2004

I have followed the advice of this article and at first it would work, and
now it requires me to constantly repair the file and yet no errors are noted
in the log.  And... after doing these repairs, either one of two things
happen, I will get an error message that the file is locked or not a *.mny
file and is corrupted, or... the program shuts down and ask to send an error
report to Microsoft.  I am ready to curse this software, even after being a
loyal follower for over 4 upgrades.  I have tried some of the other
suggestions, delete temp internet files, cookies, etc. only to feel like I
have to start all my websites over again for naught.  MS, are you
listening!?  I just got over the passport fiasco, to find another reason to
despise Money and try Quicken again.

Dave

"Bonnie Synhorst - MVP" <bjclarinet@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Try the following article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316900
>
> "bartley" <bartleycox@msn.com> wrote in message
> > How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren't
> > there?  I've downloaded my statements, they are imported
> > into the account, Money tells me how many I need to
> > review, but they aren't there as they usually are
> > (bolded).  I have tried to "accept all", to no avail.
> > Any advice?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bartley

Where do the OFX files download?
I'm using Money2006Deluxe. I have to manually download transactions from some banks. If I do this with M6D not running, I get a popup saying the transactions will be imported next time Money runs (which is true). In the meantime, where does the OFX file exist? Searching for "OFX" only turns up some entries in Temporary Internet Files, which seems to be links to the bank, instead of the OFX file itself. I want to inspect the ofx data before I import into Money, but I cant find the data. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Bruce In microsoft.public.money, BruceK wrot...

Online Downloads & Balancing complaints
I cannot get over how many newsgroup postings problems are related to online downloads or balancing issues. That confirms my conviction that I should continue entering and balancing all records manually. It is simply too time consuming and too error prone for many of us to do it manually any longer. If you have only a little to do each month, or each day, and the time to do it, great. For the rest of us, we need to make the software that we purchased perform as advertised. Most of the time it does. Whe it doesn't it ends up as an inquiry on the bulletin board, but all of us w...

How do I download historical stock prices (5 year history)
I am trying to download historical stock index prices for the DJIA and NASDAQ using Money 2004. When I update stock prices, I only have prices from April 2003 to the present. How can I get Money 2004 to update historical prices for these indexes? Thanks Jeff > I am trying to download historical stock index prices for > the DJIA and NASDAQ using Money 2004. When I update stock > prices, I only have prices from April 2003 to the > present. How can I get Money 2004 to update historical > prices for these indexes? > You can't get Money to do that. You have to look...

? Debt Reduction Scheduled Transactions
Using Mny 2006, Premium. I recently completed the balance reduction planner activity, and it generated several scheduled transactions for the associated monthly payments. However, the Debt Red Planner apparently likes working in whole dollar amounts. For example, a student loan that was 421.25 was rounded to 422.00 in the new scheduled transaction. However, this leaves 0.75 remaining as un-categorized. I see two ways in which I can deal with this. 1. Edit the scheduled transaction, to now have -3- lines....a. principal, b. interest, (both calculated by the program for the P + I ...

Integration Manager
I have set up an integration mapping into the Bank Transaction Entry for GP 8.0. Since there is no option to save a bank transaction entry, it posts automatically when I run the integration, but it does not print off the reports I usually get when I do a manual bank trans. entry (bank transaction posting journal & general posting journal). I was wondering if anybody knows how to get IM or GP to print the reports associated with the entry? Do I have to write a script? Thanks. I ran into the same issue. Boy I wish Bank Trx used batches that would solve this. We just did a repri...

DPM 2010 RTM Eval version available for Download
As many of you would have already know about DPM 2010 RTM release. Please find more information about at DPM blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/archive/2010/04/19/sc-data-protection-manager-2010-is-released-to-manufacturing.aspx. You might want to move to EVAL version if you are running any of the Pre- RTM versions. The following flows are supported: 1. EVAL will be treated as RTM version except that it will expire similar to Pre-RTM versions. So you may follow the upgrade advisor assuming DPM 2010 RTM EVAL= DPM 2010 RTM. 2. Before DPM 2010 RTM EVAL version expires one can instal...

PM transactions disappeared after posting
We just upgraded from v 7.5 to v 9 of Dynamics and from MSDE to a full SQL database. The first batch of transactions that we posted in payables management posted to the general ledger but "disappeared" from PM. When we went to select the checks, there were no transactions to select from. What caused this and how do we fix it? Thank you, -- DoLu ...

Adjust purchasing transactions in PA
Hi, I have a PA Deployment with timesheet transactions, equipment log transactions and purchasing transactions related with PA. We have posted so many received transactions from purchasing modules that affect some projects in our deployment, but we want to reclassify the cost category affected by those transactions. How can I do that? I know there are methods to adjust PA transactions, but more focused in timesheet, equipment log and miscelanous but I need to adjust Purchasing transactions (receivings), but just the cost category, nothing more (the amount does not change, etc...

Outlook 2000 not downloading POP3
Outlook 2000 has suddenly stopped downloading POP3 email from several (all of my) mail servers. It sends SMTP mail OK and I have disabled my Symantec firewall. Outlook connects to the servers and authenticates. It then says "Downloading message 1 of x" then fails (connection was unexpectedly terminated) and moves to the next server. I can download all the mail using web-based POP3 retrieval. The message format of the first email on each server is fine. I am also using Mailwasher Pro and this downloads all the headers fine. The only things I had done with Outlook around the ...

downloadable clipart background
After I download a clipart and insert into my document, how do I get rid of the white background behind the artwork that shows up. -- Robindesigns RW wrote: > After I download a clipart and insert into my document, how do I get > rid of the white background behind the artwork that shows up. ==================================== What program are you using for your document? -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

Money 2005 Statement Downloads
I have 2 accounts at the same financial institution and when I download my account information both downloads go into the same account in Money. What can I do to prevent this from happening? I use Money 2002 so I don't know the precise steps but I think this will do it. Go into Online Services Manager and click Modify Services for the account in question, then follow the onscreen steps to re-setup online services. A screen will appear where you assign each downloaded account to the correct account in Money. It sounds like you now have both online accounts assigned to the same a...

Outlook downloads but won't show *some* messages...
Darn this is a difficult one to troubleshoot... All of a sudden, Outlook 2003 won't show some messages. They are downloaded in the inbox but have no preview, nor will they display when clicked. It's not all messages, just like 4-5% of them. Facts: 1) It's not my ISP as I have seen this using my ISPs email account and a G-Mail account when downloading with Outlook. 2) I haven't added or changed any addins. 3) I temporarily disabled email protection in Zone Alarm and AVG, but still got the no-show messages. 4) I have done "Detect and Repair" and that did noth...

unable to match invoices to downloaded deposits
I have a client who direct deposits payments into my account. When I download the transactions from my bank, the depositor name is different from my client (ABBDOWNLOAD , but client name is ABB Cabinets) ... Money will not let me change the name and then apply payment to invoices ... Also, when I make a deposit I can not take the downloaded transcaction and recive payments to that deposit. Any ideas how to get around this? I hate to say, but this is so frustrating I am considering moving to a different software package. I am hesitant to upgrade to SM. Bus 2005 if this isn't resolve...

Duplicate, Triplicate Transactions
Somehow duplicate and triplicate transactions showed up on my MS Money 2007. Is there a way to restore the money file to match up with the banking institutions transactions? Thank you. What bank are you using? Are these for deopsits and withdrawals or just deposits only? If deposits only, are they for manual deposits only or also direct deposits? What kind of downloads(direct, thrid party, OFX, QIF? -- Peace, BobJ "SFGiants Fan" <SFGiantsFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:123AF551-FAA0-40EF-B36A-758392AB8DA9@microsoft.com... > Somehow duplicate ...

download bofa statement problems
Hi there, Recently I have been unable to use the "active statement for MS Money 2000". I get an error of "the file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Please download the file again. If the problem continues, contact your financial institution." I am contacting b of a, but thought you may be able to help me know what to do to fix this... Thank you, Dave ...

Copying and voiding journal entries for intercompany transactions
The existing functionality that allows voiding and copying of transactions in the general ledger transaction entry screen should be extended to allow voiding and copying of intercompany transactions also. ...

Transfers between accounts and online downloads
When I download my bank or credit card entries from a financial institution into Money, Money does not record a transfer between accounts as a transfer; rather, the transfer appears as a expense in one account and income in the other. How do I properly record the downloaded transfer info? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, Money user wrote: >When I download my bank or credit card entries from a >financial institution into Money, Money does not record a >transfer between accounts as a transfer; rather, the >transfer appears as a expense in one account and income >in...

Download mapping / algorithm question
My wife and I use Microsoft Money 2004 to keep track of our finances. We set up separate checking accounts, one checking account for my wife and another checking account for myself. We both use our bank for automatic Bill Payments and have run into a problem when the banks transactions are downloaded to Money 2004. My wife created automatic Bill Payments for companies that she makes reoccurring payments to and I created automatic Bill Payments for companies that I make monthly payments to. The bank assigned numeric numbers (i.e. the first Payee #1, the second Payee #2,…) for each comp...

Default Download for "Pay To" and "Category" is wrong
When I download from my bank, the "Pay to" line always defaults to "Chili's Grill", and the "Category" line always defaults to "Food: Dine Out". Does anyone know how to make it default to blank or at least not to Chili's Grill? Thanks in advance. That worked. Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, Liza wrote: > >>When I download from my bank, the "Pay to" line always >>defaults to "Chili's Grill", and the "Category" line >>always defaults to "Foo...

AMEX Transactions
My AMEX account tracks the balances perfectly, automatically updating, but I can't get any new transactions to post automatically. 10/17/05 is the last transaction posted. I believe all the transactions that are posted are from my initial install of Money 2006. 80 percent of my monthly spending is on the AMEX, so with no transactions posting, my monthly expenditures can only tell my how much Credit Card expenses I'm incurring. Am I missing something?? Thanks. Instead of initiating the update from within Money, have you tried downloading the data from the AMEX web site? -- ...

Where is the "source" field for investment transactions?
I use the "source" field, which is set up under categories. It is accessible and editable in Cash accounts, but not investment accounts (e.g. dividend payments are posted to a cash account. When I click "edit transaction" it takes me to the investment account, where the field "source" is not shown. Any suggestions or work-arouns on how to access the "source" field with investment transactions? Thanks, Michael Is "Source" a classification? I'm not aware of it as a "Field". In Investment Transactions with a cash component (e.g.,...

Transaction Report
I notice that on transaction reports, it does not show any of the dividend transactions that are entered in the Portfolio accounts. It only shows them if you enter them into the cash accounts. On downloaded transactions, either when entered as reinvested dividends or as two transactions: dividend and buy, they don't show up. Money knows they are there because it takes them into account for taxes albeit it puts them in other income and not in the interest/dividend section where you would expect them. Money has dividends assigned to Investment Income:Dividends. This seems like pe...

Unposted intercompany transactions on FRX reports
FRX 6.7.8069 for Microsoft Dynamics GP v9.0 Issue: When set to print unposted transactions, FRX does not include unposted intercompany transactions. FRX should be able to include ALL unposted GL transactions including intercompany. Clients would like to use this functionality to verify their report balances prior to posting. This can be crucial specially for clients with many divisions or reporting units - to determine the accuracy of interco balances and eliminating entries. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with t...

reconciliation and transaction subtotals
Greetings all, I just converted from Quicken 98 to Microsoft Money 2007. I love the powerful reporting and budgeting features and I suspect that will be where my focus will be over the next couple of months. My question has to do with reconciling my checking account statements (checks, debit transactions, and deposits). With Quicken, I would get a subtotal of the amount for all cleared transactions as I progressed thru the reconcile. If each subtotal would match with the appropriate section of my bank statement, it told me that I didn't make any mistakes checking off transactions ...

Help, Quicken convert -trouble with Online Transactions or Setup
System = Money 2003, Window 98SE, Logging in with Passport.net The Story: When I installed, Setup, Migrated my Quicken file (which all went well) The installation asked me to choose my financial institutions (which I did) it saw all my bank accounts and enabled them for online access. The Problem is: Each accout has a different user name and password (and it has to be that way because of the way my bank does it). So when I set it up, I used the User/Password for the Account I use most frequently. Now when I "connect to bank" using that accout the call summary says "success...