Downloaded 2006 Trial but I'm in Canada - HELP!!

I downloaded and installed the 2006 trial about a month ago (as urged by
Microsoft) and a day or two ago I turned on MSN synchronization.

Today I found duplicates of many (*MANY*) transactions.  After chasing it
for a while, I found a note saying that if a non-U.S. user installs the
trial, their Money file will be useless in the non-U.S. version of the full
product.

I have *SO* much data in this file ... now what can I do ???   I'll lose all
recent data if I go back to the pre-200 file, but risk losing everything if I
don't.

H-E-L-P !!!
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Hugh J. Lapham wrote:

>I downloaded and installed the 2006 trial about a month ago (as urged by
>Microsoft) and a day or two ago I turned on MSN synchronization.
>
>Today I found duplicates of many (*MANY*) transactions.  After chasing it
>for a while, I found a note saying that if a non-U.S. user installs the
>trial, their Money file will be useless in the non-U.S. version of the full
>product.
>
>I have *SO* much data in this file ... now what can I do ???   I'll lose all
>recent data if I go back to the pre-200 file, but risk losing everything if I
>don't.

Did you previously run Microsoft Money and converted that file? What
version had you previously run?
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/23/2005 1:26:56 AM
Thanks for the rapid response!!

The backup file has the M14 extension so I guess I was using 2005?   I
suspect so, since I'm almost always running the latest Microsoft software
except when I'm short on funds ;-))

It's from a month ago so there's a pile of transactions since then that I
can no longer download from the bank.   However, reverting is always the
ultimate solution if there's no better work-around.   I presume I could
export the transactions from the 2006 trial and import them to 2005?   That's
a *LOT* of work that I'd rather avoid.   If the Canadian 2006 is available in
stores, I might just pick it up tomorrow (asuuming that its a part of any
solution!!!)

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Hugh J. Lapham wrote:
>
> >I downloaded and installed the 2006 trial about a month ago (as urged by
> >Microsoft) and a day or two ago I turned on MSN synchronization.
> >
> >Today I found duplicates of many (*MANY*) transactions.  After chasing it
> >for a while, I found a note saying that if a non-U.S. user installs the
> >trial, their Money file will be useless in the non-U.S. version of the full
> >product.
> >
> >I have *SO* much data in this file ... now what can I do ???   I'll lose all
> >recent data if I go back to the pre-200 file, but risk losing everything if I
> >don't.
>
> Did you previously run Microsoft Money and converted that file? What
> version had you previously run?

In microsoft.public.money, Hugh J. Lapham wrote:

>The backup file has the M14 extension so I guess I was using 2005?   I
>suspect so, since I'm almost always running the latest Microsoft software
>except when I'm short on funds ;-))
>
>It's from a month ago so there's a pile of transactions since then that I
>can no longer download from the bank.   However, reverting is always the
>ultimate solution if there's no better work-around.   I presume I could
>export the transactions from the 2006 trial and import them to 2005?   That's
>a *LOT* of work that I'd rather avoid.   If the Canadian 2006 is available in
>stores, I might just pick it up tomorrow (asuuming that its a part of any
>solution!!!)

A lot? Not really. You could export just your busiest accounts as
loose QIF, and trim the older transactions out with a text editor. I
think the transactions are in chronological order in the file.

Do the exports before you uninstall Money 2006 Deluxe.

Here is the problem I see: I am not sure that Money 2006 Standard in
Canadian mode is going to be able to use the Money 2006 Deluxe file
that you have been working on. I am surprised that Money 2006 Deluxe
did not have a problem with your Canadian file.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/23/2005 3:37:59 AM
OK - let's assume the worst-case -- Canadian Money can't read the U.S. trial
file.

What would I lose if I exported everything from the U.S. trial version (I
can get rid of the duplicates by going back just one day) and imported it all
into a brand-new Canadian Money file?

The only other two meaningful cases are
a) Canadian Money can read the file -- we're done (unlikely according to the
note I read)
b) I revert to the month-old file and try to do the export/import of just
the recent changes ... that one should lose almost nothing if I'm
understanding correctly.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Hugh J. Lapham wrote:
>

> >The backup file has the M14 extension so I guess I was using 2005?   I
> >suspect so, since I'm almost always running the latest Microsoft software
> >except when I'm short on funds ;-))
> >
> >It's from a month ago so there's a pile of transactions since then that I
> >can no longer download from the bank.   However, reverting is always the
> >ultimate solution if there's no better work-around.   I presume I could
> >export the transactions from the 2006 trial and import them to 2005?   That's
> >a *LOT* of work that I'd rather avoid.   If the Canadian 2006 is available in
> >stores, I might just pick it up tomorrow (asuuming that its a part of any
> >solution!!!)
>
> A lot? Not really. You could export just your busiest accounts as
> loose QIF, and trim the older transactions out with a text editor. I
> think the transactions are in chronological order in the file.
>
> Do the exports before you uninstall Money 2006 Deluxe.
>
> Here is the problem I see: I am not sure that Money 2006 Standard in
> Canadian mode is going to be able to use the Money 2006 Deluxe file
> that you have been working on. I am surprised that Money 2006 Deluxe
> did not have a problem with your Canadian file.

In microsoft.public.money, Hugh J. Lapham wrote:

>OK - let's assume the worst-case -- Canadian Money can't read the U.S. trial
>file.
>
>What would I lose if I exported everything from the U.S. trial version (I
>can get rid of the duplicates by going back just one day) and imported it all
>into a brand-new Canadian Money file?
>
>The only other two meaningful cases are
>a) Canadian Money can read the file -- we're done (unlikely according to the
>note I read)
>b) I revert to the month-old file and try to do the export/import of just
>the recent changes ... that one should lose almost nothing if I'm
>understanding correctly.

I cannot give you a complete answer. But one difference is that
Canadian Money averages basis across all holdings of a particular
security. US uses specific lot identification within an account for
stocks, defaulting to FIFO. US rules on mutual funds permit that, or
the choice of two averaging methods (single basis and double basis).

I suspect there are other differences that could affect you.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/23/2005 5:40:08 AM
Thanks Cal

I guess I'll just have to try the options one by one until I find one that
works.   This sucks, but Microsoft isn't the only company that thinks
everyone is in the U.S.

The moral of the story is we have to read ALL the material, notes, warnings,
caveats before trying to use a new version of a product.   I would LOVE it if
Microsoft and others would add a huge warning sticker that clearly reads
"U.S. VERSION ONLY - DO NOT USE OUTSIDE U.S." on all materials like this one
.. . . .

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Hugh J. Lapham wrote:
>
> >OK - let's assume the worst-case -- Canadian Money can't read the U.S. trial
> >file.
> >
> >What would I lose if I exported everything from the U.S. trial version (I
> >can get rid of the duplicates by going back just one day) and imported it all
> >into a brand-new Canadian Money file?
> >
> >The only other two meaningful cases are
> >a) Canadian Money can read the file -- we're done (unlikely according to the
> >note I read)
> >b) I revert to the month-old file and try to do the export/import of just
> >the recent changes ... that one should lose almost nothing if I'm
> >understanding correctly.
>
> I cannot give you a complete answer. But one difference is that
> Canadian Money averages basis across all holdings of a particular
> security. US uses specific lot identification within an account for
> stocks, defaulting to FIFO. US rules on mutual funds permit that, or
> the choice of two averaging methods (single basis and double basis).
>
> I suspect there are other differences that could affect you.

HELP! #2
I just had a cluster failover and fail back and for whatever reason, now when users go into Outlook and type the name of a public folder or newsgroup on the To: line they see the name of the group plus some sort of SID looking string next to it. For example, instead of just seeing thename of the group they are seeing: company.newsgroupname <newsgroupname34239492038902385092845923> What's going on? Help! Dan Dan, Are there any errors in the event logs pertaining to access of AD or anything like that? C. Smith Enso Technologies, Incorporated http://www.ensotech.com On Wed,...

Iterative Calculation help needed
I have the following information A1 - Balance at the beginning of calculation A2 - Annualized payment A3 - Interest rate divided by # of payments per year A4 - Number of years * # of payments per year I'm trying to calulate the total ((A1-A2)*(1+A3)) - I need to do this over and over up until I've don it A4 times. I can do it for each period but I want to do it all in one cell, i possible. How can I have it plug the new number into A1 and repeat th calculation A4 times. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi there You might find that the PMT function coul...

Formula help #3
Sheet1 has a name in A1 & a number in B1, name in A2 number in B2 and s on (numbers will continually be changed). On sheet2 I used =a or = and so on (the results of =a or =b are the names from sheet 1). Wha I want to accomplish is every time I type =a or =b and the name appear I also want the result from sheet1 B1 and so on to appear in the cel directly below. Not very experienced just learning. Looking fo help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ljsimm You post is a bit vague, but if you mean you want B1 on sheet 2 to match up with the name on Sheet 1. Try: =IF(...

i am receiving every emai twice?? can anyone help with this issue
I would appreciate any advice cheers, See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "ETA" <ETA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5939A41A-2CBC-415A-BA84-C14C2FD19084@microsoft.com... > I would appreciate any advice > > cheers, ...

Need HELP with Exchange Restore/Recovery
Details: 2003 sp2 Exchange Server Enterprise 2003 sp1 Server Enterprise C: drive is 100GB Logical Drive over x4 36GB drives in a RAID 5 set D: drive is 280GB Logical Drive over x5 70GB drives in a RAID 5 set Domain Controller Last night I upgraded our 2003 sp1 Exchange to sp2 + any O/S hot fixes and DST fix. No problem with the upgrade or hot fix, but @ about 200 a.m. I lost two of the five drives in the RAID 5 set (drive D) that had the exchange install. I’m currently replacing the hardware & bringing up the drives & going to recreate the D: drive. (server is bootable) I h...

Download of Quotes hanging...
Has anyone seen (solved) an issue where the update function hangs. If I select download quotes. It just hangs. Looks like its trying to download by it just sits there. If I do not select download quotes the update proceeds normally. I just upgraded to 2004 Del. No improvement. Is this hooked to an online account or something? Thanks, LR In microsoft.public.money, LTR wrote: >Has anyone seen (solved) an issue where the update >function hangs. If I select download quotes. It just >hangs. Looks like its trying to download by it just sits >there. If I do not sel...

Help!! Need Recovery!
So I went to open my excell file as usual and suddenly I have 10 or so instances openned. As I was closing them I saved one that turned out to be an old version, REAL OLD, like 2 weeks or so. No I desparataly need to get back to where I was. I tried to use the recovery utility under Microsoft Tools, but there are no available dates to revert to. I have no other way of reverting the document. Anyone know what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.- Kjellster :D ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and ...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

Sloooow. PLEASE HELP
Hi All, I have two questions first is where do I find the Windows 7 Disscussion Group. Have posted here because was unable to locate the windows 7 Discussion Group. My computer which is a SAMSUNG N110 3 months old has become very very very slow. It has Windows 7 installed I have upgraded the memory to two GIG. I have antivirus software and Anti Malware bytes installed. The problem i have is that the machine seems to slow down and sometimes crash whenever I click on internet explorer and many other applications such as office 2007 etc, etc. I have run the Norton Virus pr...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...

Help to build a table
Please help me to build a table similar to this one The number on the first column will change after 16 times, it will go in sequence from 1001, 1002, etc… The number in the second column will change after 4 times and it will go from 1 to 4 The number in the 3rd column will go from 1 to 4 2nd and 3rd column will keep the same pattern. Cabinet Shelf Location 1001 1 1 1001 1 2 1001 1 3 1001 1 4 1001 2 1 1001 2 2 1001 2 3 1001 2 4 1001 3 1 1001 3 2 1001 3 3 1001 3 4 1001 4 1 1001 4 2 1001 4 3 1001 4 4 1002 1 1 1002 1 2 1002 1 3 1002 1 4 1002 2 1 1002 2 2 1002 2...

Link for downloading online statements not visible Mon 2k3
On my financial institution's(TCF Bank) website, there are instructions for downloading online statements that refer to a link on the BALANCES page for MS Money. The problem is that the link apparently doesn't show up in my version (MS Money 2003 ver. 11). I spent some time on the phone with TCF's customer support and frustratingly tried to argue that there was no link to click on to download my statement both in Money and in Internet Explorer. Therefore I thought it was a problem with their website. However, they say that they recently updated their system to automat...

My computer has stopped recognizing my memory card
This just happened today. The card was purchased the day after Thanksgiving so it's very new. It is a 4GB SD card from HP. I don't believe this is a hardware problem as my digital camera Lexar 1GB Memory Stick Duo card and adapter worked just fine today in the same slot. There has been no damage to the card. It has a write-protection lock on the side and I've tried the card with and without the lock on - neither way worked. I've also checked "My Computer" and confirmed that the computer is not listing my card as a drive any longer. I really need to get t...

Help writing a formula
I have a huge database that I need to create numbering for each line like this example: AK-233 (2 letter state, a dash, and 1-4 digit number), but the number doesn't change each line - sometimes the number will be duplicated on multiple lines because those lines have the same title, I also need to create another cell extending that letter/number combo that will differentiate the 1st cell. So the first cell stays the same if the title is the same. The second cell adds another layer of numbering to differentiate the first cell. See example: (Row1, Col 1-4) AK-1, AK-1-1, Title1...

Receiving 2 of every message
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

Help with RANK
Hi I need to rank 100+ numbers but I can't get the formula right. All th numbers are in one column, but not all the rows e.g. I need to Ran G1:G11 and G13:G25 and G32:G40 etc. How can you put in more than on reference? The cells G12,G26:G31 etc have numbers in them that I don' want ranked RANK(number,ref,order -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =RANK(G1,MyList) where mylist is a selection of ranges defined with a single name, eg select all your ranges and do Insert / Name / Define, then call it MyList. Now use it in the rank formula and then copy the formula ...

HELP! Outlook Keeps Receiving Same E-Mail Messages
Hello: I keep getting the same 6 e-mail messages. This is after calling Norton and Comcast re receiving the same 3 e-mail messages (538 of them since midnight Dec 3!). Of course, it was not their problem, so it must be Outlook. Any thoughts. It sounds like you have an email message with a large attachment that is bogging down your account. What happens with the email is once you have connected to your ISP and clicked on the send/receive button if the connection is lost it will start over again until it can pull all of your messages in 1 sweep. You will need to log on to your accou...

Dialog getting hidden under HELP file
HI all, In my application I have a dialog & I launch HELP file from that dialog using F1 key. After that If I move the help file to one corner so that a part of the dialog is visible & click on the dialog & move it,it is moving,but when it comes over the HELP file,it is not overlapping but getting hidden under that. can anybody tell me what should I do to make it overlap the help file or give me a link that can help. Thanks in advance. Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Help is a completely separate program, so its relationship to windows in ...

Re: Could someone please help me with formulas
sorry typo http://www.eaglepi.com/formula/example.xls "No" <no@isp.com> wrote in message news:... > I created a workbook and tried to explain the best I could how everything > should be. you can download the workbook at, > http://www.eaglepi.com/formlua/example.xls > > I really appreciate everyones help on this..... > > > "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message > news:%235IxtFEHFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Maybe in cell J2 you could put the formula =H2+I2, which would give you > the > > sum of the C...

HELP! Record Macro in TOOLS > MACRO is gone!
I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a project and I need this back. Can someone help? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks, Joe M. Try this: In the customize window > click the Options tab > push the reset toolbars & menus button. Exit excel and re-load it Micky "Joe M." wrote: > I was in Customize function trying to enable the Stop Recording toolbar and > now in TOOLS > MACRO the Record Macro option is gone. I'm working on a ...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Please help
When I delete an email from the list of emails on the left sometimes it deletes an additional email right below it, it doesn't happen all the time and the only thin that I can do to make it happen is to open both emails separately then when I delete one from the list on the left it will delete another one and I don't always notice it so I am deleting emails that I don't want to and don't realize until later, also sometimes when I reply to email it will create a blank draft in the background that I don't realize is there unless I quit entourage ...

Failed Installation after 2nd 22 hours download!
Tks both Mary and John. Successfully downloaded Office Publisher to desktop, but installation failed. My 6 week old new system has caused me DAYS of unsuccessful attempts at rectifying Vista issues. I not able to do much more than surf the net with it. I'm at my wits end. I may just take the entire system back and wait until the tech issues have been resolved. I'm in the thick of setting up my own business and have spent more time trying to "fix" my computer than on my business set up. LOVE the Vista improvements, but the "EASE" of using XP is gone. This produc...

Recovery Storage Group
Hello. We're running Exchange 2003 SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I need help with Recovery Storage Groups. I followed the following link to setup my Recovery Storage Group in Exchange: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx Then, I ran the MS Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool. It told me: "A recovery storage group exists on server MY_SERVER_NAME. This should only exist during data recovery. Once recovery is complete, the recovery storage group must be deleted through the ESM"... I'm confused. I thought I wanted t...

Help!!!Very Important. others can see your emails!!!
I just noticed that if you are in an organization, using outlook,when you click on Addressbook button and type in someones name from Global Addres list, then hit the Properties button, then hit the personal Address Book, then hit the Activities tab, you can see that persons' entire emails. How can I stop that, so no one can see my mails? What you're looking at are the items in **your** Outlook folders related to that person. That's perfectly normal. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and...