Download via Money or MSN

I bank and invest with E*Trade, and several other
institutions.  I have the option of downloading with
Money 2004 or MSN.  Which is best?  I like the idea of
MSN downloading automatically, and i can be on the road
without Money.  My questions are:

1. Is there a advantage / disadvantage to using MSN vs.
Money?

2. Is it easy to switch back and forth?

3. What if MSN starts charging for this service - Am i
locked in?

thanks for your help - public@shawnholt.com

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Money 2K Home and Business Mortgage Issue
I inadvertently deleted my recurring mortgage payment in my Bills Summary. How do I get it set back up, or re-establish it? Thanks! Restore from the immediately previous backup!?! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "cpa10house" <cpa10house@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EB5B28A-C4AD-4789-9545-2556BE9B4901@microsoft.com... >I inadvertently deleted my recurring mortgage payment in m...

How to use my application to download a file on a http server?

Credit limit Money 2004
How do I change my credit limit on a credit card in Money 2004? Account Details. Of course, Money does essentially nothing with this information, so if it's wrong, it probably make no never mind. "Monica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067801c3db21$9dfa5be0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change my credit limit on a credit card in Money > 2004? > ...

where can I download my paid subscripiton version of Outlook Live
joe wrote: <nothing> PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject as it gets truncated like yours has Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm ...

Money 2002 compatibility to Money 2004
Dear friends: I use Money since 2000 and I have now Money 2002 working very well, but I want to update to Money 2004 and the files are not compatible ? Is that right ? Can someone tell me how to update from 2002 to 2004 without losing data ? Thanks and have nice hollydays Antonio Vasconcelos Portugal You are getting a message form M04 about M02 files being "incompatible versions?" See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1. "Antonio Vasconcelos" <antoniov@multivisual.pt> wrote in message news:04aa01c3cbb3$6e0239d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Money since 2000 and ...

Money 2004 for Pocket PC #3
Hi, I have Money 2004, on my desktop, and when I got my Pocket PC I installed Money for Pocket PC 2004, everything was working just fine, but this morning right after I made a change in the desktop file, I lost all data on the Pocket PC, I tried uninstalling on the Pocket PC, and then after reboot the desktop (I don't understand this), I reinstalled it, I keep having the same problem Any help would be very welcome -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin You could try going to activesync and removing all of the data using the Money option, and then synchronizing ag...

Money 2004
My wife has been using Money 2000 for a few years, then upgraded to Money 2004 and absolutely hates it. Is it possible to go back to Money 2000? I wanted to get an answer before I attempted anything, don't want to corrupt or lose the files we have. Thank you No Money is not backwards compatible, but when you upgraded to M2004 a copy of your M2000 file was made. If I have calculated right it will be called *.mn8. If you rename that as *.mny then it can be read by M2000 but you will have to reinput all transactions since you converted to M2004. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - ...

can't receive e-mail via outlook express
Starting in Dec. 2003, I've had trouble receiving mail from Cost Rica and now from friends in the States. They can receive my mail but when they reply or type in my address to respond, I cannot receive their mail. I call Verizon who's my internet provider to ask for help and after many test they concluded that it must be an Outlook Express problem. I tried to send myself 7 e-mail test and all faid but one. When I checked the sent box, their listed but none make it to my computer. Please advise, Mike Cesario This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office fa...

How to re-download Publisher from the web after a crash?
My computer crashed and I'm in the midst of re-loading all the programs. I had previously downloaded Publisher 2007 from the website. I still have the Product Key and Order # but can't find a spot on the website where I can re-download the program. Any ideas? Try here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX102855261033.aspx Just be certain it is the same suite you downloaded before. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JKar" <JKar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4C644AB-D901-4B6D-BEB3-B03B6EB604D1@microsoft.com... > My comp...

Possible to download from Quickbooks?
Both of us are self employed and have been using Quickbooks to manage our business. We will likely continue to do this, as the business services in Money are more limited. However, downloading our sales or even our deposits recorded in Quickbooks would be so helpful, rather than entering in every transaction twice in these 2 separate programs. It seems that it should be possible; downloading from Quicken is an option. Any suggestions? (I would love a reply email if you have ideas for me - I don't know whether this site will alert me to a new post) Thanks! Money can import qif...

Problem sending via SMTP
Has anyone encountered problems with messages being bounced back with error 215 using Outlook 2K? Could you be a bit more specific? "Maurice Bishop" <Maurice.Bishop@NoSpam.LB-Bentley.com> wrote in message news:r_Pjb.11587$kA.2914174@wards.force9.net... > Has anyone encountered problems with messages being bounced back with error > 215 using Outlook 2K? > > ...

How do you cancel a Work Order and refund money?
Is there any way to void or cancel a Work Order and refund money without having to complete the work order and charge the remaining balance only to then go back and void the transaction? After all, requiring to complete the 50% balance will cost extra in credit card merchant fees plus it seems like extra work. Isn't there a "void" function for work orders to make it quick and easy? Zorian, Recall the workorder | delete the item(s) from the workorder | F12 | Save changes | determine how much of the deposit you are going to keep, (0.00 if returning it all to the customer...

MS Money 2003/Categories
How can I remove Moneys standard categories from the category list? ...

Downloading .ofx statements
I have Windows 98, Money 2003 and IE6 loaded. I can download automatic statements (e.g American Express) and I can download Quicken Files. When I attempt to download a statement for a financial institutions I get two error messages The first is for path C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\8T2FCDU3\July2004_3237(1).ofx. the message states "The Windows Installer failed to install the program associated with this file. Please contact your system administrator." After clicking OK The second message is for the same path. "Access to the specif...

Trouble downloading mail from ISP
I'm trying to reconstruct my system after a crash and I'm having trouble getting my mail downloading to operate as it previously did. Using OL98/WinXP I used to click the Send/Receive button and I would get any new messages from my provider (Juno FWIW) as well as sending any messages that might be in my Out box. Now when I click on the Send/Recieve nothing happens immediately (and I know the server has messages in its Inbox) but I will come back at a later time and I will have new mail in my Outlook Inbox and the server Inbox will be emptied. I must not have something right yet and any...

Money 2006 #21
I just formatted my drive. Backed up money 2005. Found a copy of money 2006 Installed with vista trying to restore 2006 with 2005 cant get it to work. In microsoft.public.money, oddone wrote: >I just formatted my drive. Backed up money 2005. Found a copy of money 2006 >Installed with vista trying to restore 2006 with 2005 cant get it to work. What goes wrong? ...

Money 2006
I have not archived my Money file for a couple of years - last archive was "2004 Archive.mny". I tried creating an archive using Money 2006 today and I got a file called "2006 Archive.mny" -so far so good. I told Money to back up all transactions prior to 1/1/2007. I checked all the accounts it showed me. Unfortunately the sized of my active Money file did not change and it would appear that no entries were deleted. The file is the same size as before the archive process. I opened the Archive file and it looks like there are "random" entries - some a...

Money 2003 won't allow new transactions
I just installed Money 2003 on my new laptop running XP Home and moved my .mny and backup files. Money 2003 has been running just fine on my Windows 98, Pentium II desktop for a year. I opened my checking account on my laptop and added many transactions (withdrawls and deposits) this weekend. Now when I open the program it will not allow me to add a new transaction or edit a transaction (it just blinks a little when I try). It also says "application internal error" when I just click on payees. I cannot figure out what is going on. I uninstalled and reinstalled the pro...

Template site will not allow me to download
When attempting to download a template from the MS website, after the terms of agmt page, I am told I do not have Publisher and cannot download the template. I have downloaded Word & Excel templates with no problem. I have Publisher 2003 which came installed on my computer. Windows XP, Office 2003. TIA More details (don't want to get flamed): Running Publisher 2002 not 2003 My specific question is: How can I get the website to recognize my .exe so that I can download templates for Publisher? Thanks "Tob" wrote: > When attempting to download a template from the...

MS Money Does not Recognize Account
I have an ING IRA account that will not automatically download or update at all. I have to update it manually. I added two IRA accounts at the same time and one updated automatically and the other does not. I have added additional ING accounts since then and they were recognized automatically as well. But this one, I cannot get automatic update to work no matter what. I have deleted it and try to get Money to find this account automatically and still nothing. It is driving me nuts. All my other accounts work, why not this one. Please advise. HERE ARE MY STEPS - and Still Will not re...

Money 2002 Online Price Updates
I have recently updated my computer to VISTA and have had to re-instal Money2002 Personal and Business edition. Since then the online price updates no longer run on start up. I have to manually use the update price option and this does retrieve updated prices for the shares as expected. Does anyone kn ow how to fix the problem so that the update of prices happens automatically every 6 hours as it used to do when I was using Windos XP Home? Thanks in antcipation of getting a resolution to this problem. ...

Pocket Money 2003 on Windows Mobile 2003
When I tried to install Pocket Money 2003 on my Windows Mobile 2003 machine, it does not allow me to do so and a error message pops up saying that it will only install on Pocket PC2002 machine. What should I do? Will Pocket Money 2004 do the trick? ...

Problem importing data via query
When i import data via a webquery from: http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/table.html I get different values than on the webpage.. When the webpage says: American Dollar 1.3601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 1.62633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 2.75284 0.363261 I get these values in Excel: American Dollar 13.601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 162.633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 275.284 0.363261 Some values are ten times to high, some are hunderd times to low. Is this because in my version we use comma to seperate decimals? So i see the value 13601 for the US$, and with the...

MS Money 2006 Delux Canadian Version
I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 Deluxe Edition Canadian version. Does it exist? What is the website address I can review Deluxe version? Thanks. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ AFAIK there is only a Standard version for M2006 Canadian. See http://money.mvps.org/othersoftware.aspx Bob Peel, MVP Money "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.sx01xct8dvcnul@chets.gv.shawcable.net... >I would like to upgrade my MS Money 2004 Standard Edition to MS Money 2006 &...

Creating bookmarks via VBA
Dear experts: I wonder whether the following is possible I got five text entries, each in its own paragraph text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 With all 5 paragraphs selected is it possible to create 5 five bookmarks automatically via VBA with the following names: text1 (bookmark name: product_de) text2 (bookmark name: product_en) text3 (bookmark name: product_es) text4 (bookmark name: product_fr) text5 (bookmark name: product_it) I hope this is feasible and not beyond the scope of this forum. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andrea...