download the Credit Card transaction date not the the posting date

Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I
always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date.
Do I need another column in the register, help does not tell me how to do
that?
Or is the only solution changing each entry by hand? ( that doesn't make
sense)
This credit card offers downloads in either QIF or spreadsheet.

0
riskymanr (3)
2/20/2006 5:29:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote:

>Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I
>always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date.

Do you mean you first enter the transactions by hand and then you
download?

>Do I need another column in the register, help does not tell me how to do
>that?
>Or is the only solution changing each entry by hand? ( that doesn't make
>sense)
>This credit card offers downloads in either QIF or spreadsheet.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/20/2006 5:50:04 PM
Thanks for the grammer check ---The first sentence should read "When" I
download,,,,

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote:
>
> >Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I
> >always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date.
>
> Do you mean you first enter the transactions by hand and then you
> download?
>

> >Do I need another column in the register, help does not tell me how to do
> >that?
> >Or is the only solution changing each entry by hand? ( that doesn't make
> >sense)
> >This credit card offers downloads in either QIF or spreadsheet.

0
riskymanr (3)
2/20/2006 6:04:29 PM
In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote:

>Thanks for the grammer check ---The first sentence should read "When" I
>download,,,,

bye.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote:
>>
>> >Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I
>> >always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date.
>>
>> Do you mean you first enter the transactions by hand and then you
>> download?
>>

>> >Do I need another column in the register, help does not tell me how to do
>> >that?
>> >Or is the only solution changing each entry by hand? ( that doesn't make
>> >sense)
>> >This credit card offers downloads in either QIF or spreadsheet.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/20/2006 6:44:10 PM
I apologize for the short answer I gave to you, my meaning was that I blew it
when typing my original question/statement, which should have started with
"When" not "Then".
To answer your response directly:
"Do you mean you first enter the transactions by hand and then you
>> download?"
No, I do not enter the transactions by hand first. I first download them and
then import into Money. When I review what has imported, the posting date is
entered into the date field in the acount register not the actual transaction
date. Both dates are shown on the statement on the Credit Cards website, but
again, the posting date is the one that shows in Money after the statement is
imported.
My original question/statement should have read as follows.

"When" I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the grammer check ---The first sentence should read "When" I
> >download,,,,
>
> bye.

> >> Do you mean you first enter the transactions by hand and then you
> >> download?

0
riskymanr (3)
2/20/2006 7:10:27 PM
"riskymanr" <riskymanr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My original question/statement should have read as follows.
>
> "When" I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS
> Money I

There is only one date in the Money register. What gets recorded in Money is
what you download from the bank. The bank is sending the posting date in the
download file. Talk to them if you want it changed. Don't hold your breath.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

0
spam_magnet (1210)
2/20/2006 11:34:57 PM

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> "riskymanr" <riskymanr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > My original question/statement should have read as follows.
> >
> > "When" I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS
> > Money I
>
> There is only one date in the Money register. What gets recorded in Money is
> what you download from the bank. The bank is sending the posting date in the
> download file. Talk to them if you want it changed. Don't hold your breath.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL

The downloaded file has two dates. One is posted date and the other is user
date. You can see this by opening the file with notepad. The problem is Money
always takes posted dates. I couldn't find the solution yet.
I can't understand why they chose posted date over user date. Stupid.
0
JH1 (6)

Date Formatting when Concantenating

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Downloaded songs no longer appearing in Media Player
Hello! I have been downloanding and ripping songs for a few months now and they all appear in Media Player once I play them once. Nothing has changed to my computer or software systems (I'm on Vista and using Limewire). Now, for some reason, the songs I'm downloading will play if placed in the "Now Playing" area but do not save to the Media Player library. Is there a possibile limit to the number of items in the player? Any other suggestions? I appreciate any ideas anyone would pass along as I'm working on a project and cannot afford to lose what I&#...

Downloading multiple messages
All of a sudden outlook has started downloading multiple messages from my pop account (ie 22 of the same) It is also sending out 22 of the same message. How can I resolve this issue? What version of Outlook do you have? Does it download duplicates of *all* messages, or just of one or two messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "GW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005101c3bf4c$e748bf30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of a sudden outlook has started do...

Missing transactions?
In my Account List view, I see that there are "Transactions to read: 13" for my checking account. However, when I go to my checking account, there are no unread transactions! Note that I do have "View: All Transactions covering All Dates" selected as the view, so I would expect to see all of the transactions. I've been using MS Money for years, and this is the first time this problem has come up. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Thanks, DJ You could try deleting the statement from the account list, right click where it says 'X tr...

Voiding Transactions
Hello, We are trying to analyze whether to void or delete orders and have questions as far as what happens when an order is voided. I've tried searching the knowledgebase and in the documenatation folder but it doesn't have the information that I'm looking for. Can someone tell me what what happens when you void an order and whether it un-allocates the line items on the order? Also, we know that it goes to history when the order is voided but how do we know it is a voided order from any other type of order? Thanks, Eric * will be shown with voided orders which shows ...

Vendor transactions and checks
I'm trying to create a vendor payment report from my program. From which tables I can get the vendor payable transaction information??? I also need to know whether there is a check aleady issue to a transaction. Thank you. ...

wire transfer download problems
I made an international wire transfer of $5000 from my US bank. The receiving bank in Panama took $15 as a service fee and credited my account with $4885. Somehow my US bank now wants to show the amount as $4885 during downloads to my checking account. But some genie reminds Money 2004 that the original amount was $5000 which triggers a discrepancy. As a result, this transaction wants to download each and every time, whether I change, accept, or whatever. Thanks for help. In microsoft.public.money, lanecito wrote: >I made an international wire transfer of $5000 from my US bank. Th...

2003 Outlook email only downloads headers, not the full message
When I attempt to open an email I receive " This is a message header. The full item has not been downloaded." At INBOX, ALT CTRL-S >SEND/RECEIVE GROUP>All Accounts>EDIT >displays an option to display headers only or the entire message including the attachment. In the grayed out area, I can see that a dot in the display headers only section. Due to the gray out I cannot chooose the alternate selection. How can I access the alternate choice? Which mail account type are you using? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft O...

date/time formatting

[ANN] "Bend Word to your Will" -- April 2005 edition free download
Dear all, THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS ABOUT A *NON-COMMERCIAL* RESOURCE BASED IN PART ON ACCUMULATED ADVICE FROM THIS NEWSGROUP The latest version of my notes on Word -- titled "Bend Word to Your Will" -- is now available for downloading from the Word MVPs' site, http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/WordMac/Bend/BendWord.htm WHAT IS "BEND WORD TO YOUR WILL"? "Bend Word to Your Will" is not a commercial product for sale -- it's free. It's a dictionary-style (mainly) set of notes on Word that I've been continually adding to and polishing for the past four year...

Paid Sales Transaction Removal error message
Hola Familia When I try to do run a "Paid Sales Transaction Removal" against a specify customer (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Routines >> Sales >> Paid Transaction Removal) in Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005, I get the following error: [Microsoft] [SQL Native Client] [SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PKRM30101’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.RM30101'. I searched for the error message in Customer Source Knowledge base and found Article ID : 861084, which I followed and it showed the duplicate document (invoice...

Membership cards and discount cards
anyone know if RMS works with membership and discount cards? I would like to offer that to my customers and have them accrue rebates. Best, M Depends on the card and exactly what kind of membership program you want to offer. If you create membership cards with a barcode for the customer account number, and simply want to offer discount levels, you can get good functionality right out of RMS. If you want to offer rewards based on points, or use magnetic membership cards, it gets much more complicated and you're going to need an add-in. Talk to your RMS Reseller about your needs, ...

Multiple Sales Transaction for Same Work Order
I am in the process of trying to create a store level report by department, catagory, and item of the moneys received in total by both deposit on work orders and on direct sales that are not work orders. We require a 100% deposit (of a single tender type) on work orders. I then need to break this deposit down by department, catagory and item. Then I must add that to the same break down for direct sales. Thereby getting a total of all moneys received during a specified period for the store across all registers. So basically I am trying to figure out the data structure and org...

Switching Accounts on Download
To Whom Can Help: MS Money 2007 has started downloading account information into the wrong account--it is swapping it with another account. This happened in a previous version of Money and I don't know how to correct it. In the previous version it was with a Banking account--two savings accounts from the same institution. In this incarnation, it is with two investment accounts--mutual fund versus brokerage account--but from the same institution. Anyone have this happen to them...anyone know of a solution? Thanks for your help. Cheers. In microsoft.public.money, golfbum71 wrote: ...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...

how do I format cells to change date and time to just date
I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it to show just the date and not the time. Going into format and clicking on the date and changing doesnt work. Probably the cells aren't really dates, but text. You can check with the ISTEXT() function. If they are text, formatting doesn't have any effect. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "bondam" <bondam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4D61EC1-30E2-4723-89E1-F47B545818EE@microsoft.com... >I want to format a column that contains date and time and I want it t...

Posting a Journal Entry directly Into SQL?
Currently, we using Integration Assistant 8.0 for Excel to import about 6 Simple Journal Entries per day. This was fairly easy for the first few weeks, but now it's just getting boring. Our process goes something like this: Run a custom SQL Query (that operates on both Great Plains and other data sources) that produces a result set that is cut and pasted as a formatted Journal Entry into Excel. Then, from Excel, we just run our already-built integration package which imports the batch into Great Plains. We've already figured out how to get some basic transaction data out of Gr...