Download of Money 2005

Downloaded 2005 and keep getting error message that Setup was unable to
install some of the components needed to run money. Try installing money
again. I tried and tried. It will not work. Called support-held for 30
mins.-no answer. What now?
0
Terry (158)
10/12/2004 2:35:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

can login to money on 1 computer, but not another
Hello, I use Money (2006 Premium) from two different computers, transferring my data file back and forth via a thumb drive. This has worked fine for two years, but a recent problem has cropped up: I can no longer log into the file using my 'microsoft passport credentials'. If I open the exact same file on my second computer, however, everything still works fine. This is very annoying, as it means I can only really work from one of the computers (without the online update-- which requires the passport login-- I can't do much). I have no idea why the two files are acting differ...

Money 2005 #28
I recently lost my hard drive, including my pc money file. I tryed to sync a new file with my pocket money database. ActiveSync gives an error message, saying a pocketpc file can only be sync with one pc file, and asks if I want to reset the mapping. Till then, all ok, but when I resync after the remapping, the only flow of info is from the PC to the PocketPC. Is there any way to transfer the information from the PocketPC database to a PC money file? ...

downloaded excel file won't open
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't immediately open downloaded excel files from a site using Firefox. When I try to do this, the file has an &quot;mpl&quot;extension and this message appears: <br><br>&quot;Adobe Reader could not open 'viewatt(17).mpl' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).&quot; <br><br>However, I can open the file through Excel (2004 for mac,...

Money 2002 #37
I need to share a file (over internet.) When I send the back up file via email, and the user opens it and enters the password, it won't open--says it's a wrong password. Any ideas? THANKS!!!!!!!! In microsoft.public.money, KGR wrote: >I need to share a file (over internet.) When I send the back up file via >email, and the user opens it and enters the password, it won't open--says >it's a wrong password. Any ideas? You would both have to be running the same vintage of Money for this to work. Your version is probably newer than the remote user's. ...

Microsoft Money 2008 Product Life Cycle
I have been using Microsoft Money 2006 which ceased doing online updates today, September 3, 2008. I then decided to download Microsoft Money Essentials to update my Money 2006. I only need a bare-bones copy of financial software. The cost was about $35.00 for the download and a backup CD. When I went to activate the account the EULA stated that the product was only valid for one year of online updates. I can not find any information on the Money site to confirm this and have requested that my order be cancelled as a safeguard until I can ascertain what is actually the product life cyc...

Upgrading from Money 2004 Small Business
I'd like to upgrade from 2004 SB to Money 2005; however, I'd like to go back to the Premium version (rather than '05 SB). Is this possible? Are there any issues associated with this? Thanks in advance! In microsoft.public.money, Pug Ugly wrote: >I'd like to upgrade from 2004 SB to Money 2005; however, I'd like to >go back to the Premium version (rather than '05 SB). Is this >possible? Are there any issues associated with this? Yes. Expect a warning that you will lose the business functions. I have tried what you want to try. It ultimately did NOT wor...

Help downloading the 2nd page of online Publisher templates
How do I download the second page of a 2 page Publisher newsletter template from the Microsoft website? When you download a template from the Office web site all the pages download. Are you getting the template from the Office web site? Maybe your temp cache is full... In IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CraftyWiz" <CraftyWiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019E41DE-C734-4C85-B2F4-4D5F915E30FC@microsoft.com... > How do I download the seco...

Cannot download two separate accts from one bank
I have an account and my wife has another at the same bank. we have separate Member IDs and PINs. Now I followed the instructions in Money that says to just rename the bank to something that identifies hers and mine. Well I did that. But when I try to logon and download her statements it says to verify user info and password. I verified all that with the bank, they say it's correct. Does Money send my real name and check if I'm on that account or what? In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >I have an account and my wife has another at the same >bank. we have separate ...

Money changes category
Here is a weird problem with Money. I have been using it for about 2 months without any problems. Problem is that i have entered on 22.11.04 a transaction categorised as "bills rent" but everytime i shut down Money and then i restart it the category has changed to bills:Natural Gas/Oil. Any ideas how to fix that? Thanks Bill K. That's an odd one. First, I'd try deleting and re-entering the evil transaction. Do you have others with this category that do that? "Bill Katsipournias [CptBill]" <bill2933@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:elHjhZS2EHA.300...

Money 2005 start-up wizard
How do I re run the start up wizard that walks you through setup? Just starting a new file doesn't help. ...

Money 2006 will not show some new transactions
I have several accounts set up from a couple years ago in 2005. Most work fine except one from Citi (credit card). Now that I have upgraded to version 2006, the transactions say they have downloaded, and there is a number of transactions said to need reviewing, but I cannot show them. Other credit card accounts work fine. Any ideas how to make these transactions show in the accounts? Scott In microsoft.public.money, scott mick wrote: >I have several accounts set up from a couple years ago in 2005. Most >work fine except one from Citi (credit card). Now that I have upgraded >...

Money Plus Deluxe 2008
According to what I am reading, this may be the last version that will be available. Being a long tim Money user, my question is the following. It says no more live updates or stock update after Jan. 31, 2011. The live updates are not important as long as the program works, but I would hate losing the stock updates. Does anyone know what will happen after Jan. 31, 2011? Thanks Someone probably knows. Nobody here who can say knows. See http://umpmfaq.info/MoneyNext.htm for more along these lines. "rlastar" <rlastar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AC8...

Unable to update a change of stock symbol in Money 2007
I have shares of American Eagle Outfitters, which until recently traded under AEOS on NASDAQ. However, it just moved to NYSE, and the new symbol is AEO. When I try to go toAEOS' "Investment Details" in my portfolio and change to the new ticker symbol, I get the following eror message: "AEO is already being used as a name or symbol for another investment. Please enter a different choice." I looked all over my portfolio for share of AEO, but I can't find them...what gives? In microsoft.public.money, spaz_pop wrote: >I have shares of American Eagle Outfi...

Analysis Cubes for SQL 2005
Hi all I downloaded the Analysis Cubes for SQL Server 2005, and installed the application. During configuration, when I select the Server Name where GP is installed, it displays the companies that have been created on that server. When I select the company and click "Next", I am getting a message saying "Unable to access the registration information of Dynamics GP. Kindly check the registration settings of Dynamics GP.". I have installed GP with our partner registration keys. I even generated a new key with all modules and applied that key, but still the same message come...

Editing Downloaded Paychecks Having Splits
What is the easiest way to edit already downloaded paycheck direct deposits in Money 2004? I have many downloaded and the category autopopulation feature has split them all according to one old incorrect paycheck. I don't see this kind of advanced functionality in the find and replace tool which looks like it will only allow me to replace a single category and not splits. Can the find and replace be used We have two different direct deposit paychecks coming in every week both with the same payee named "Payroll Deposit" but going into two different accounts. It looks li...

Where should I 'put' the equity in MS money house account
Say for example I buy a house which costs 100k and I finance 80%, I would like to make the 20k transfer from my bank account a true "transfer" transaction, as I don't think of it as an expense, but a transfer into the equity of the house. This is a problem, I know, because that money is not transfered into an account, but went to someone else as a purchase for the asset whose illiquid value is listed in the home account. However, I don't like the idea of assigning a category to Household:House Purchase or something like that. Any thoughts on the most correct way to do this?...

Installing Money Plus Delux
Will Money Plus Delux install directly over Money 2006 Premium? If not, what's the best way to install Plus delux to replace 2006 premium? In microsoft.public.money, Sling wrote: >Will Money Plus Delux install directly over Money 2006 Premium? If not, >what's the best way to install Plus delux to replace 2006 premium? I think if you just install, Money Plus Deluxe will offer to uninstall the earlier version. If you pay attention, it would be possible to have them both installed at the same time. Note that when you download the install file, it is important to keep a copy o...

Prevent supplier info download
We created new items at HQ Manager, and assigned suppliers for each one, then we issued a style 260 - download items worksheet. When the HQ Client connected next time, it also download the suppliers information too. I am wondering is there anyway to prevent HQ Client download suppliers information when downloading item information? Becasue we don't want our franchise stores to get the suppliers information. Kaibin wrote: > I am wondering is there anyway to prevent HQ Client download suppliers > information when downloading item information? Becasue we don't want our > fran...

Money Split Transaction Procedure
When entering a check and splitting the expense to several categories, including "Cash Withdrawn", I normally reassign that portion as expenses are incurred. I merely update the existing transaction formerly assigned to Cash Withdrawn by reassigning it to other expense categories where the cash was spent. The only problem with this procedure is that Money does not re-display a "Remaining Total" as split category reassignments are entered. This is not a problem in Quicken. It is not logical that "Cash Withdrawn" is not reassigned to other final expense categori...

UK use of Money Plus.... what are the implications ?
Hi all, Given there seems to be a glut in support for UK specific versions of these types of products these days, im considering buying a US build of money plus. As a user of this in the UK, what are the potential downfalls? I presume that there are not any UK institutions for updates etc - but i do this manually today on an old version of Quicken anyway. But other than that - should it work ok ? Kev A non UK version of Money will not read your .mny file. If you are prepared to throw away how ever many years of data that you have accumulated, you can, of course, start over with a...

download new mail, it gets posted to my Deleted items folder instead of my inbox
When I download new mail, it gets posted to my Deleted items folder instead of my inbox. I can then move my new mail into my inbox. I have checked for macros and rules and have found none that would point this. Any suggestions?? ...

Run Quicken and Money side by side?
Is anyone running both Quicken and Money at the same time for the same information? I switched from Quicken a few years back because it became too unreliable. Now I am getting nervous about some of the problems I am experiencing with Money 06. It does not seem like it would be too difficult to have two computers side by side and run Quicken in one and Money in the other. When the numbers differed I could track down the reason. Can anyone think of problems I might run into? ...

Money 2002- Strange downloaded transaction
Often when I download transactions from my bank, they have a payee that is one of my Epays, but the real payee is usually another specific vendor. When I look online at my bank transactions, they payee is correct, so therefore money is renaming this for some reason. It is nearly always the wrong vendor associated with this epay I have scheduled in my banking software, not Money, any ideas why? It matched it to another transaction for some reason. Click the 'change' button and match it to the correct transaction, or allow it to create the transaction as a new one. The windo...

cdf 1.2 download
where is the link to download data migration framework for 1.2 ?? I followed the following link, but it only downloads: DataMigrationFramework10.exe which is unusable for mscrm 1.2 (downloaded from partners' site: https://partner.microsoft.com/productssolutions/business/40013745) thanks HT the CDF is also found on one of the CD's which came with your MSCRM 1.2 installer "HT" wrote: > where is the link to download data migration framework for 1.2 ?? > > I followed the following link, but it only downloads: > DataMigrationFramework10.exe which is unusable...