Download investment mixup

I recently had my 401k transferred to Prudential.  I set up a new
account with online access and downloaded the available transactions.
I then did a Transfer out from my old 401k account into the new one.
Unfortunately, that is where I have screwed something up.  The names of
the investments are different and I can't find a way to combine them.
For example, I transferred over AM CENT INTL GRO but the downloaded
transactions are Am Century Intl Growth.  Does anyone know a way I can
combine the two, or will I just have to live with two names for the
same investment?

Thanks,
Paul

0
vtpaul624 (4)
10/12/2005 12:24:22 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

This really isn't a merger, because they're really the same investment. I'm
assuming they really ARE the same investment, such as a publicly traded
mutual fund, rather a broker-held mutual fund holding shares in the publicly
traded fund.

If you haven't downloaded many, I suggest you revise the descriptions of the
downloaded transactions to something totally different, delete the symbol,
then delete the transactions. Revise the description of the older one to
match what downloads from your new broker and make sure the symbol in the
older one is the same as that downloaded from your online broker.

When it downloads, it should prompt you as to whether they are the same.
Make sure it is, then click okay. The new transactions should now associate
properly with previous transactions on the same investment, as will future
transactions.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

<vtpaul624@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I recently had my 401k transferred to Prudential.  I set up a new
> account with online access and downloaded the available transactions.
> I then did a Transfer out from my old 401k account into the new one.
> Unfortunately, that is where I have screwed something up.  The names of
> the investments are different and I can't find a way to combine them.
> For example, I transferred over AM CENT INTL GRO but the downloaded
> transactions are Am Century Intl Growth.  Does anyone know a way I can
> combine the two, or will I just have to live with two names for the
> same investment?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/12/2005 12:46:53 AM
Chris, I think I am getting there.  I've done everything you suggested,
but when I try to revise the name of the older investment, it says:
The name 'Am Century Intl Growth' has already been used for a deleted
investment.  Please enter a different name.
Any ideas?
Paul

0
vtpaul624 (4)
10/12/2005 1:23:48 AM
Add Shares for a transaction with that exact name. That will recreate the
investment, which really isn't deleted, just hidden. Revise the name to
something unique that you won't use, like ''Am Century Intl GrowthXXXX'.
Then delete the Add Shares.

You should be able to proceed after that.
--

> Chris, I think I am getting there.  I've done everything you suggested,
> but when I try to revise the name of the older investment, it says:
> The name 'Am Century Intl Growth' has already been used for a deleted
> investment.  Please enter a different name.
> Any ideas?
> Paul

0
NoSpam1246 (979)
10/12/2005 1:38:32 AM
Thanks Chris.  That did the trick.
Paul

0
vtpaul624 (4)

Incorrect cash balance in an investment account
First off, thanks for all of the help on the Ameritrade money market issue. Cal, if you can help me with this one i'll be immensely grateful - it's the most vexing Money problem i've come across and frankly it undermines my ability to make much use of Money currently. Here's my problem: I download transactions for several RBC Dain Rauscher accounts that i have. Over time i've made a number of transfers between my various RBC accounts as well between my RBC accounts and other accounts (most notably my savings account). At various points, when i've downloaded tran...

V.I.P. Zone for RMS is available for download
V.I.P. Zone means faster, more accurate customer adds and edits in Microsoft RMS for both single store and multi-store users (HQ). V.I.P. Zone runs on any version of Microsoft RMS (1.x or 2.x). To download a 30 day trial visit: www.digitalretailer.com/trial.htm Do you collect customer names for direct mail purposes? Would you like address validation in real time? (USPS) Do employees need a quick and easy way to enter new customer accounts regardless of their typing skills? (Reverse Number Lookup) Are you an HQ user who needs global editing at your stores to correct customer data? Are you c...

How to identify incoming email before it's downloaded completely.
3 questions: 1. How do I identify incoming email before it's downloaded completely? Some people will send me menus, pictures, maps, which on my dial-up really slow down my system, and I'll want to download them, but others, I don't. How do I see who's sending to me, before the message itself is downloaded? Seems I had that capability on my previous email system. 2. How do I change my name in sending out emails? I didn't realize it but I must've entered my first name when configuring- how to un-do? 3. How do I change my email address? Thanks. Version...

Cannot match downloaded transactions
When my transactions download from MSN to Money 2005, I have no option to match existing transactions in my register. This worked fine in 2004, but now everything downloads with the payee info in the notes field and I have no option to match that with anything that I have already entered (or automatically entered bills, etc.). Any thoughts? Sorry for the almost duplicate post. My browser reported that the post failed. Please ignore this one. "Brad" wrote: > When my transactions download from MSN to Money 2005, I have no option to > match existing transactions in my...

Statements download to wrong account in Money 2005
When downloading my checking account statement into Money 2005, it downloads it to the wrong account. It downloads it to a closed (in Money) account. How can I get the statement to download to the correct account in Money? In microsoft.public.money, Miller Man wrote: >When downloading my checking account statement into Money 2005, it downloads >it to the wrong account. It downloads it to a closed (in Money) account. >How can I get the statement to download to the correct account in Money? If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, check http://support.microsoft....

Unable to edit memo field in some downloaded transactions
I notice that some of my downloaded transactions will not allow me to edit the Memo field. What causes this? How can I fix it? (MSM2005) ...

One place where deleted investments still lurk
Last week I found something that may only be of interest to ppl that are extremely anal-retentive about keeping their Money files as clean as possible. Although newer versions of Money allow investments to be deleted (older versions only hid such investments) I recently found one place where deleted investments are still listed. When setting up an option using "Other" for underlying interest type, I'm given a drop-down to select the underlying interest from a list in order of creation (most such drop-downs are in alphabetical order) which lists long-dead investments that...

have xp can't get free trial office to download
page comes up saying no pid me tooo!!! can someone pllleeasee help cause i really need this trial "kscableguy" wrote: > page comes up saying no pid Which page? I can get through as far as Shipping Information page. Already have 2003 so went no further than that page. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:14:11 -0800, "kscableguy" <kscableguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >page comes up saying no pid When you hit the down load now tab it will act as if downloading the page will come up saying its done put will just say no pid on the page &qu...

Custom investment types
I have been waiting patiently for Money to support custom investment types (besides the stock "small cap stock", "bond", etc). I know 2006 again doesn't support this. Has anyone found a workaround that lets you group your investments in a customized way (for instance, you could group and total all your tech stocks, all your financial stocks, etc). Export to Excel and do it there? -- Michael Gordon MVP <matty_lewis@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121879104.702245.294270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have been waiting patiently for Money to suppor...

Unremoveable downloaded headers
I'm using Outlook 2002 in Windows XP Pro. I have about 100 downloaded headers that I cannot remove. I believe that these files do not exist on the server anymore. How can I remove these headers? I select them all and hit delete but nothing happens. I cannot move them either. Mike ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I had a similar problem as well in the inbox for 2003. I couldn't delete the header because it says I have to download it from t...

Money 2004 downloads duplicates
I have been using MS Money for many years and always purchase the latest version. Currently I am using Money 2003 Standard with the online features enabled. Recently I have been noticing that Money seems to downlowd duplicate account activity from my Credit Union. For example a transaction which I have already accepted will show up again. I delete that entry and the next time I open Money (through Passport login) that transaction appears again. This is happening on all three accounts I hold at that particular Credit Union. Any ideas? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Alexander Cleaver wrot...

Downloading files with IE
Hi, There's the following issue with downloads in IE. By auto-focus Cancel button gets active when downloading a file. If a user accidentally presses enter the download will be canceled with no confirmation asked or resume option avalible. It would be great to be at least asked as it may get really disapointing after downloading a 5GB file and in last 200MB hitting Enter by accident. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&quo...

how do I download, export, or copy pab file
I want to download, export, or copy my MS Outlook 2003 address book (or pab file), without going thru the Internet, so I can load it on another computer. Where is the pab file? Outlook has not used a PAB file in over a decade. Rephrase you query with that reality in mind. Include the reason you thought you would have to "go through the Internet." You posted no information that would permit anyone to answer your question. -- Russ Valentine "sandrini" <sandrini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A98B91EE-6AF6-4B18-91A1-50259D080F41@micros...

downloading OLE Object /BLOB data (.doc/.xls files) from SQL Server table to local machine through MS Access
I have a table which has a filed as OLE Object in which i have either .doc or .xls files stored in SQL Server. I using MS Access as a front and which has linked tables with sql server. i have created a form called frmfiledownload. The field name in the database is called filedata datatype OLE Object. I need to to be able to dowload that file on my loacl machine. I need to have a filedata field showing the file name and when i can click a button it should download that file on my machine. If anyone has done something like that please please do send me your code sample. thanks bunch in advanc...

Electronic Reconcile Download
If a user imports the same file more than once, how do you clear out the duplicate transactions? These appear to be a problem that show up when they try to Reconcile the checkbook. They keep getting a 'Unable to save record. Duplicate.' error message. James Anyone? "J Roman" wrote: > If a user imports the same file more than once, how do you clear out the > duplicate transactions? These appear to be a problem that show up when they > try to Reconcile the checkbook. They keep getting a 'Unable to save record. > Duplicate.' error message. &...

Transactions are mismatched on download
Everytime I download a transacation for IGA Grocery it is matched up with Vendor Alltel instead of IGA Grocery. This does not happen with any other transaction. Also, occasionally transactions that are downloaded get matched up against future payments instead of matching transactions that already exist in my register. I am using Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe Ver 17. Any suggestions as to what is causing this would be greatly appreciated. Go to the Payee Rules Manager and under the preferred payee matches locate Vendor Alltel as the "Preferred Payee". The right window will identif...

Outlook 2003 download headers
We've got Outlook 2003 connecting back to an Exchange 2000 server, this is the first machine upgraded to Outlook 2003 on the network, previously the user could choose to download headers only but this options doesn't appear to be availabled (it's greyed out)- i've checked and the profile is not set to work with cached exchange mode any suggestions? Is it grayed out in OL\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send Receive\Highlight Account \Edit -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "paul tomlinson" <paul_tomlin@hotmail.com> wrote in message n...

Downloading from Bloomberg!
Hi, Is it possible to download Bloomberg data into a text file. The reason I ask this is the Excel downloads are dynamis and for analytical purposes, I need a frozen set of data (one time download and period!). Do let me know if anyone has a way out of this problem, Thanks & Regards, Rohit Rohit You could download your data into Excel then save that as a text file. It is also possible to use a macro to save data from trhe web into a text file. Have a look at this thread http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=361861 -- mudraker ---------------------------------------------...

Download R2 version of CRM 3
Can someone please give me a proper download location forthis please as i cannot find it Check out: http://blogs.msdn.com/CRM/ -- John. Microsoft Principal Architect This message sent from Windows Vista! "Brian McFarland" <BrianMcFarland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D93AE9F-D1AF-4F68-A708-C72252453C3B@microsoft.com... > Can someone please give me a proper download location forthis please as i > cannot find it ...

Restricted access download
I have some files into a directory, only logged users must be allowed to download them. I have created a page which verify if the user is logged in, but how can I avoid that someone knowing the path of files write the url directly? Thanks. Luciano Luciano (DOC) wrote: > I have some files into a directory, only logged users must be allowed to > download them. > I have created a page which verify if the user is logged in, but how can I > avoid that someone knowing the path of files write the url directly? > Thanks. Don't use the file path in your URL. In...

Matching invoice payment transactions with downloaded deposits
Hi, I have trouble matching my business checking account downloaded deposits with the invoice payments using Money 2004 small business edition. When I 'send payment for invoice' I normally send it to my business account as this is where my deposit for this invoice will go. After I download my bank transactions I see that I have my manually entered register transaction Invoice Payment and my downloaded deposit. When I try to match my downloaded deposit I cannot see Invoice payment category at all on the list of transactions eligible for matching. This causes 'double c...

Investment Account Cash Portion
I just opened a new brokerage account with Citibank and need to set it up in Money 2006. When I create a new investment account it automatically creates the associated cash account. The problem is that the cash account is actually an account I've had open at Citibank for years and has already be setup in Money a long time ago. How can I link an existing MS Money account as the cash account for the new investment account? Thanks, Go into the Account Settings. There is a place there to pick the cash account. IIRC, in M06 it's more obvious than in some prior versions. Pick th...

Download date & time is stuck
the download date & time appears to be stuck. Each time I download my account from my back the date and time of the download remains the same. The date and time are not updated to relfect last time the account was downloaded. I tried deleteing my temp internet files, but that didn't help. Suggestions? ...

automatically launch app following .doc download
When I download say a .doc or .ppt file from Google using Safari, the relevant application such as word or powerpoint does not launch automatically. Anyone know how I can remedy this? ...

professional service tools library download
Hi, can somebody tell me where I can download professional service tools library? I have contacted microsoft, but they didn't answer my questions. Is there a demo version for GP 7.5? You should be able to search for it and find it. I think it's also on the CD. If not, send me a message. You can use it with the sample company. "ano" wrote: > Hi, can somebody tell me where I can download professional service tools > library? I have contacted microsoft, but they didn't answer my questions. > Is there a demo version for GP 7.5? Hi, allen. I have tried search...