Downgrade version of Money 2008

I have purchased Money 2008 Plus Home & Buisness and I no longer need the
buisness portion of the application.

Is there any way that I could downgrade to the Home Deluxe edition with out
being charged?
0
Chris6982 (632)
4/1/2008 12:39:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Nope. Unless you bought the package in the last 30 days you will just have
to carry on using it but ignore the Business features. If in the future you
buy a non-Business version you will get nags about losing functionality but
you can just ignore them.

If you did buy in the last 30 days you can return for a refund but you will
then have to buy Deluxe. IMHO not worth the hassle.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

>I have purchased Money 2008 Plus Home & Buisness and I no longer need the
> buisness portion of the application.
>
> Is there any way that I could downgrade to the Home Deluxe edition with
> out
> being charged?

0
bob_peel2056 (736)

money 2006 problems importing from bank
whenever I import information from my bank uccu, it says that the import is complete and that I have one statement to read with 150 transactions to review, but when it opens to the account register, none of the new transactions show up. It shows the correct amount and date from my bank in the left hand corner, and it says that I still have 150 transactions to review. I have tried changing the online settings, emptying the temporary internet files, repairing the money file, and setting the account register to show all transactions, but so far nothing has worked. I have been able to i...

MS Money 2006 for Windows Mobile 5
I have purchased the new PPC 6700. I have serveral applications I am moving to the new Windows Mobile 5 application, including MS Money 2006. I am getting a cab error installing MS Money for PPC. Is there a seperate MS Money for PPC installation program. Also need MS streets and maps for my new 6700. Hello John, at the MS Money web site, MS Money for PPC is a seperate download. Although your pda came preloaded, I'd think it's a trail version. My Streets & Trips 2006 came with a PPC version, go to help/install PPC Streets. Best of luck, Don "John McConnell" wr...

Just ordered Quicken 2010 to replace Money Plus Premium
Going to give it a shot and see what happens. I've read threads here and other places and it seems that the problems are usually minor and correctable. Don't recall any showstoppers. Has anyone accumulated the issues and workarounds where necessary, or suggested tips, like removing the password first? I have data going back to 1995 (I've had every version of Money since then) and last time I looked, it was over 60,000 transactions in total. Also, unrelated, but is there an Excel addin like MoneyLink that lets you import data directly into Excel? I have found that feature insanel...

Money 2006 Deluxe Bills Summary Sorting
When in the Bills Summary view and I sort on Account, not all of the line items with the same account are grouped. Upon further review, it appears that duplicate line items with the same Payee, Next Due, Amount, etc are being created and not properly sorted by Account. When I resort based upon Next Due, these duplicates go away and the line items are properly sorted by Next Due (ascending or descending). When i've seen this before, it can mean corruption in the file. Because you can see those additional bills, you have the opportunity to delete these duplicates if you are seeing ...

Use Money 2002 Files in Money 2008
HI, How can I convert or use my Money 2002 files in Money 2008 Trial. Thanks. -- Smith Assuming that M2002 and M2008 are both from the same geography you just install M2008, navigate to the .mny file and double click on the file name. If M2002 is non-US version, the quick answer is "you don't". :-( -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Smith" <Smith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6962F8A...

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat on August 7th, 2008
------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team will be hosting the next Live Chat on August 7th, 2008, at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Is there a topic that you would like to discuss in depth? Do you want additional insight into a certain area of the software? Have you always wanted to know what to do when you encounter a particular scenario? If so, we'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to post any ideas on this thread, use the link in the Live Chats section of the RMS Using site (h...

Corrupt record in Money 2004
I have one record in my .mny file that I can't clear when I try to accept it after it has downloaded from my credit card site. I keep getting the message that the transaction cannot be entered and it remains outstanding - bolded. I tried the salvage processes - msmoney.exe -s and salv.exe. Neither worked. I just want to delete this one record and put it back manually. Is there a way to do this with jet database functionality? Not that is exposed to any of us users. The database is actually "msisam"--a buttoned up derivative of Jet. "Bill Boffi" <anonymo...

Money 2000 Standard Check Printing
When I try to print a company check I get the error message "There are no checks to print in the "Absolute Audio Provident Bank" account. Money will only print checks for transactions that have "Print" in the number field." Everything I've tried to print has already had "Print" in the number field and it still won't print. Where should I go from here? Try repairing the file by closing Money, then go to Start, Run and type 'msmoney -s' without the quotes. Money should launch and repair. Then try to print checks again. "Just...

sign-in Problems with Money Plus 2007
I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? -- Manticorr In microsoft.public.money, Manticorr wrote: >I changed my MS Passport Password and now can't log in to online Money. I >have to use my old passport password to log in to Money but neither works to >go to online services. How do I resynchronize the passwords? Hold on to you backup files. You may want to increase the number of backup files f...

msn sync crashes Money 2004
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Every time I try to sync Money2004 standard with msn money Money crashes = with a mscofd.dll error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling = Money to no avail. Synchronization with my brokerage and credit card = accounts works fine. Any suggestions. Pierre Aterianus ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: q...

Moving Money 2008 to new computer
I have Money Plus Deluxe 2008 on a computer. It is activated. I have the license key from Digital River. I do NOT have the original download and they won't let me redownload. I realize I'm a bad person for not saving a backup of that. I now want to upgrade from XP to Win7. Since there isn't a direct upgrade available I understand I'll need to reinstall apps. Typically not a big deal, but in this case, since I don't have installation bits this will be a problem. Am I really out of luck here? Is there any way to migrate/backup the existing Money (by copying the P...

Money 2006 freeze on opening a file
I have been helping a friend of mine setup his new computer, and everything has gone fairly smoothly except for using Money. He used to use Money 2000 on a Windows 98 machine, and Money 2006 was purchased for use with the new Windows XP machine. We are running into problems periodically when opening a file. Sometimes when trying to open a file, when another is already open, Money will just freeze up. This does not happen all of the time, and it does not seem to happen with any certain file. I have searched around a bit on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but have not been able to find...

Money 2004 deluxe #8
Money Deluxe 2004 does not download stock/money market transactions from the bank. Is there a Microsoft Money product which will perform this function? In microsoft.public.money, Ron wrote: >Money Deluxe 2004 does not download stock/money market >transactions from the bank. Is there a Microsoft Money >product which will perform this function? East bank of the Mississippi? ...

Printing Portfolio view in Money 2006
Hi, I am viewing my portfolio...(from Home, Investing Home...Portfolio Manager) I try to print the portfolio...(Other tasks, More, Print, Portfolio Report). Nothing happens when I click on Print, Portfolio Report. I try using File, Print, also, nothing happens. I am using 2006, and have repaired my file, and rebooted my machine, but no luck. In microsoft.public.money, Curly_Money2006 wrote: >Hi, >I am viewing my portfolio...(from Home, Investing Home...Portfolio Manager) >I try to print the portfolio...(Other tasks, More, Print, Portfolio Report). >Nothing happens when I c...

Upgrade of Foreign Versions
Hi Everyone After suffering a computer crash I have been unable to locate the very, very old disc with my Money software. So, I was wanting to purchase a new copy of Money Deluxe but the only site I can find form which to purchase (from Australia) is the US site. I automatically get re-directed to that site when I select a purchase option on the Australian Microsoft website. I read the dire warnings about foreign versions and incompatability but I'm not too sure what the outcome actually will be. I want to restore my last backup into the new software and continue on in my merry ...

Money Synchronization Problems
I have been using Money 2003 for Pocket PC for a few months as the main tool for keeping track of my finances. I have recently installed Money 2003 on my laptop but I'm unable to synchronize. When I synchronize, my money data on the Pocket PC gets wiped out and I have to restore it from a backup on the Pocket PC. Here is what I tried: 1- Installed Money 2003 to the default directory on the laptop 2- Reinstalled activesync 3.7 3- Reinstalled Money for pocket PC and made sure it installs to default directories on both the Pocket PC and the laptop 4- Followed the synchronize instructions in t...

Money Plus #2
Will there be a UK edition? Only time will tell for sure. Based on all available evidence, I wouldn't be holding my breath. "soul2soul" <soul2soul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8076BA4D-F157-4B84-8355-BA087FF80315@microsoft.com... > Will there be a UK edition? ...

new user login problem using existing Money file.
I moved my home computers to a Windows domain with domain-based logins. Previously, I accessed a Money 2003 file on the server from a machine-specific login. Now, when I open that file under my Domain login (and it does open fine, no permissions problems) I can't see my accounts, transactions, etc. (Thank God I didn't nuke that machine account!) When I return to the machine account, everything's still there. How can access the existing data from the new account login? Thanks in advance. Anybody even going to take a whack at this one?? Domain security and authentication is...

WinXP Pro to Student version Win 7 Ultimate
My son's computer currently runs Windows XP Pro SP3 and he's looking to go to the student version of Windows 7 Ultimate. We've run the advisor and the machine is more than capable of handling the change but we're a bit baffled by some conflicting information on the http://www.software4students.co.uk/ website. The Microsoft Upgrade Path Chart shows that a move from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate can be done, NOT as an in-place upgrade, but ONLY as a "custom install". A custom install is also known as a clean install and can be used to completely repl...

lost money 2006 .exe in windows vista
Can anyone tell me the name of the executable file for money 2006? I had to re-install windows vista home premium (32) and have the backup files but can't seem to find the program. I have contacted gateway (money 06 was factory installed), but computer out of warranty and they are no help. The only money files I can find is my .mbf (backups) and sample.mny In microsoft.public.money, caspie wrote: >Can anyone tell me the name of the executable file for money 2006? It is msmoney.exe, but that is probably not going to help you. There is an install process that sets up a lot of thing...

Updating stock prices Money 2003
I am using Money 2003. I can only update stock prices manually. The option of online update stopped in march. What to do? In microsoft.public.money, MH wrote: >I am using Money 2003. I can only update stock prices manually. The option >of online update stopped in march. What to do? > You are using Money 2003 Standard. You can enter prices manually, or upgrade. http://www.microsoft.com/money/partner/partnernews/OSP.asp has expiration data for Money 2004. Which has less glitches standard 2004 or standard 2005? "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> w...

Reporting Services Error on CRM 4 Windows server 2008
Hello. I'm having trouble with CRM connector for SQL Server 2005 reporting services. I installed this connector with no problems, but when I try to acces reports from CRM Web page It says that Connector is not installed. I thought that maybe for Windows server 2008 this might be a firewall issue, but I've already disable from both servers (I have SQL Server and Reporting Services in one server, and CRM on another). I don't know what could be the problem, event viewer doesn't show any errors. Both servers are on Windows server 2008. Please help me. Thanks Jose Ponce ...

Money 2005 Font Size & Background Colour
I've completed a hard drive restoration with system and software files and reloaded Money 2005 from the original CD. After downloading the update file I was able to restore by back up file. However, I have two problems that make reading account entries extremely difficult. Firstly, the font type (Tahoma I believe) and size (possibly 7?) place a strain on the eyes. Secondly, the background colour of white is stark and glarey. I've played around with Windows Display adjustments (such as resolution and font variations) but to no avail. Can anyone suggest a method for changing eit...

Money Express Sign-in name
How do I change the default sign-in name in msmoney express? I changed my email address in passport but the old name always defaults at sign-in time. I don't use Money express, but perhaps disabling it through the tools->options part of MS Money, reboot and the check the box again. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK sp...

Office X to 2008
Can I upgrade directly from Office X to Office 2008 or do i have to install 2004 first? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285129280_3454273 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/5/08 9:10 PM, in article ee8c3ec.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "peldc@officeformac.com" <peldc@officeformac.com> wrote: > Can I upgrade directly from Office X to Office 2008 or do i have to install > 2004 first? The upgrade will ac...