Discussion of Money Plus (M08) feature: Link to Image or File

The ability to associate a scanned receipt, photo, or other
document to a transaction has been frequently requested.  Money
Plus (M08) adds a feature that allows a link to such a document.
There are articles about this in Help.  Enter "link" into the
search box of Help to see a list of articles.

In Advanced register, you can do the linking in a credit card,
bank, asset, liability, savings, checking account, as well as the
Cash Transactions register of an Investment account.  The only
transactions that I have found that you cannot link from are a loan
account and the Investment Transactions register of an Investment
account.

To link to such a file, know where the file is.  It is probably
best to create a new sub-folder in the folder that holds your Money
files.  I created MnFiles in the folder where I keep Money files.
The file can be anywhere on the computer, and probably off of the
computer.  If you can browse to it in Windows Explorer, I expect
you could link to it.  Right click the transaction and choose
LinkToImageOrOtherFile.

A paper clip icon gets put into the column with the flag icon where
the indications of a transaction marked for followup go.

If a transaction has that paper clip, right clicking to anywhere in
the transaction gives a menu that adds RemoveLinkToFile and
OpenLinkedFile to the normal list that you would get from a right
click.

In my testing, OpenLinkedFile to linked file test1.txt opened file
in Notepad per the Windows associations.  Opening test.zip gave
pop-up warning because Money Plus has a list of filetypes that it
thinks are safer.  Zip files are not on that list.  Click OK to go
ahead and open the file.  The Zip file opened as a Windows Explorer
folder.  Thus that way you could have multiple files associated
with the transaction within the Zip file.  There is still no
OpenWith choice.

There is a RemoveLinkToFile choice when you right click too.

The linked filenames are absolute rather than relative to the
location of the .mny file.

There is no straight forward way to know the name of an image file
other than opening it and finding out in the associate application.
For the zip file, the warning box that you get as you choose to
OpenLinkedFile shows the path and filename.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/9/2007 6:38:57 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

How to put a image pixel array to a CImageList?
I have a image pixel array like DWORD ImageBits[16][16]={0xff00ff,...}. My code just gives me a black image on the toolbar button. CImageList imgList; CBitmap bmImages; VERIFY(bmImages.CreateBitmap(16, 16, 1, sizeof(RGBQUAD) * 8, &ImageBits)); HIMAGELIST hImages; hImages = ImageList_Create(16, 16, ILC_COLOR16 | ILC_MASK, 1, 0); imgList.Attach(hImages); imgList.Add(&bmImages, RGB(255, 0, 255)); GetToolBarCtrl().SetImageList(&imgList); imgList.Detach(); Thank you. ...

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

HELP!! Viewing email images

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

automatically naming files for savingb

Pocket Money for Smartphones
Does anyone know if there are any plans to create a version of pocket money that is compatible with smartphones running Mobile 2003? It's really a pain that mobile Money doesn't work on any smartphones! ...

Reports in Money Small Business 2004
Since "upgrading" from Money SB 2002 to SB 2004, when I run a Sales Analysis Report (ie, "All Projects" or any project for that matter) . . . NONE of the sales/invoices are included (except as $zero) for the dates BEFORE I "upgraded" the software. The paid (or unpaid) invoice (s) for all of the projects are still there, showing the correct amount of money, they are not, however included in ANY type of report I try to run. In other words, I can ONLY get totals within a report SINCE I "upgraded" (since 6/1/04). IF I were to run any sales reports...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

Do money updates install when you're not admin?
I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it has also been installed or do I have to log in as admin to complete the process? In microsoft.public.money, Brian H wrote: >I noticed when I first start using money it told me to log on as >administrator so that the updates can take effect. Is this true of all money >updates? When I see the message "Money update recieved" does that mean it >has a...

Return Money 2005 DIRECTLY to MS :)
Just read the conditions of the 30-day Money-Back Guarantee and MS will refund "reasonable" S&H costs up to $7! If you're unhappy w/ Money 2005, I can't think of a better way to get your opinion across than to send it back directly to MS (along with the "explanation for return" that they request) AND stick them with the shipping bill. :) If you return it to the store, the best MS will ever learn is that it was defective. Sending it back to Redmond lets them know they just paid $5 extra for a product they rushed out. Your voice will instantly take on as much...

Money 2006 Small Business Rating
After using Money 2006 Small Business now for many months I will have to say that it is the worst Money I have ever used. It is so slow! It is running on a 3 Gig Pentium IV with 1 Gig RAM. I have been using Money for many years now and am VERY SORRY that I purchased Money 2006. Just my comments. What exactly is slow. Not that I don't believe you, but are the slow parts and different that what some folks have described report on here, for example in the FAQ. For comparison, I don't see any slowness, nor have seen any in the past. I have M04 Small Business, with what I'm sur...

Microsoft Money #5
Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version." Any advice on what to do? In microsoft.public.money, Jeannie wrote: >Just purchased new copy of Microsoft Money as part of >Works Suite 2004. When trying to open this product it >tries to open the older version, 1999. Then get a error >message saying, "Money cannot open this file because it >was c...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Can't Convert Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data to MS Money 2004
First I tried to convert the Quicken Data using the MS Money 2003 OEM Version that came with the new computer I bought last week. Then I purchased MS Money 2004 Standard Edition and still couldn't convert my Quicken data. On the box, Microsoft says they offer a 30 day money back guarantee with no details about how to get your money back. Does anyone know how I can get my money back? Regards, John E. Golden ...

XML File Converter for MS 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I'm a high school teacher. I write power points on MS 2004 on my Mac and transfer them to my school's PC that has MS 2003. This worked great, with exception of minor formatting changes, until a month ago. Power points that I previously opened on that PC, along with new ones, would not open - this is disasterous for instruction. My tech says 1) the school's PC may have had updates that caused the new problem and 2) that I should install the Open XML File Converter for Mac's MS 2004. I'm concerned tha...

Money 2003 #9
When I try to enter a bond buy 1000 shares at 25.40 a share it puts the answer in at 254.00, if I change it to 25,400. like its suppose to be it puts the difference in as a commission. How do you correct their calculations? ...

microsoft money loosing VAT content in split catogory withdrawl
Hi I have money 2000 and file VAT returns with the information it provides. I just discovered that if I have a split catogory withdrawl the VAT component is blank (greyed out) and is not in report. Can any one help with this problem thanks Gary ...

Money 2006 - Home page - spending tracker
I have a couple categories showing up in the spending tracker area that don't show up in the list when I click the 'Change the spending areas I watch closely' link so I can't turn them off. Why are these showing up? I.E. I want to see Automobile: Gasoline and Automobile: maintenance but I don't need Automobile: [all other] Same thing for utilities - I don't want the [all other] category. I only use the gasoline and maintenace sub categories ...

Drag and drop link problem?
Okay, weird one of the day. Every time I used a OneNote link to open an InDesign file (CS4) located on our network storage, eventually InDesign would crash, particularly if I clicked on an image with text wrap. Very disconcerting. So, I deleted all the links to InDesign files in my OneNote pages. Then, I remembered that all those links had been created by dragging and dropping onto a OneNote page. As a test, I recreated the link to one of the crashing InDesign files using the Hyperlink command in OneNote -- no drag and drop. I then used the link to open the InDesign file, wor...