depost in wrong account via import

How can my deposits which are listed under one account be changed to a
different account?
After importing ofx bank transaction data into money 2004 standard,
some account deposit series are ending up in the wrong account
thx!-Jeff

0
jmoeller18 (31)
12/12/2004 4:57:57 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, jmoeller18 wrote:

>How can my deposits which are listed under one account be changed to a
>different account?
>After importing ofx bank transaction data into money 2004 standard,
>some account deposit series are ending up in the wrong account
>thx!-Jeff
To prevent the problem from happening in the future, remove the
institution listed for the account that incorrectly got the OFX
statement, and reimport. Money should then ask which account should
get the OFX file.

If you have a suitable backup file, you could restore to a point
before you did that process. Restore, remove the institution, import
the file, and then change the institution back.

If restoring is not practical, right-click each wrong-place
transaction and choose "Cut and Paste to Account". Sorting the
register by order of entry may help with that.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/12/2004 5:12:02 PM
thx! cut and past to account is excellent! i download and import the
ofx statements manually, i had upgraded from ver 2003 deluxe and that
could be part of the confusion. I may try the reimport (after backing
up) -Jeff

0
jmoeller18 (31)
12/12/2004 10:33:11 PM
In microsoft.public.money, jmoeller18 wrote:

>thx! cut and past to account is excellent! i download and import the
>ofx statements manually, i had upgraded from ver 2003 deluxe and that
>could be part of the confusion. I may try the reimport (after backing
>up)

That's good to hear.

You probably want to still remove the financial institution from the
"wrong" account temporarily to cause Money to re-ask who gets OFX
files for that account.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
12/12/2004 11:21:04 PM
yes, i realized it was necessary the more i thought about thx!-jeff

0
jmoeller18 (31)

National Accounts should let us apply child credit memos to all.
If a Child Account has open, unapplied credit memos, they should be available for application to other Child Accounts during National Accounts cash receipts entry. The way the system currently works is that if you select the Parent Account for the entry, you will not be able to see nor apply any credit memos to Child Accounts if the credit memos did not originate at the Parent level. For my client, their Parent Account customer takes and uses credit memos against any and every Child Account, regardless of whether that Child Account has any invoices that are due to be paid. This causes...

Saving Monthly Accounts and starting a new Month?
Hi Everyone, I really enjoy the Access Database System it has helped me a lot with my accounts but I must be doing something wrong because, I keep opening new databases for each month instead of it following on from the previous month and using the same "Categories!." So my question is How do I save the previous month and let it be stored, and start a new month on the same system or page but without adding up what has been put in the system... If you know what I`m on about. Thank you Angeldelight... melting in the UK weather :) Hard to advise without some info ...

how to export email accounts
Hi, I am reinstalling XP on my Dell computer, reformatting the hard disk. I will then install Outlook 2003. Now I use Outlook 2002. How can I export the email accounts settings (I use 10 email accounts) to a file that I can use to import later? Thank you very much, Pietro Unfortunately Outlook 2003 can only import account settings from Outlook Express and Eudora Pro. It cannot import account settings from a file. Outlook Express is also unable to import account settings from a file so it would be impossible to import the accounts into Outlook Express and then import them into Outlook...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ!
Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new import utility for RMS. It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does allow for changes and updates. Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users. Reseller discounts are available If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG Import Utility Rod Barlow Retail Systems Group PLC (Microsft RMS Reseller UK) ...

Why is Outlook 2003 synchronizing folders from a PoP email account!
I have one internet email account. No Exchange. I loaded Outlook 2003 3 days ago. All of a sudden. Today, it is synchronizing my folders. It takes forever and seems to be in some kind of a loop. 2 hours and still no email downloaded. Let the games begin, again. Another product from Microsoft with major bugs right out of the shoot. SP1 ready yet? Any Microsoft employees here care to tell me how to disable the synchronization of my folders to other folders that don't exist? Do you care to tell us what options you selected before shooting off your opinions about Microsoft???? --� Milly S...

Investment Account Summaries are always blank
I am a brand new user to Money 2006. After the very first time I set up my Ameritrade brokerage account, it neatly listed my positions in the account summary (after clicking on the account from the account list). Unfortunately, that was the only time my holdings were displayed in the summary. Now the summary is always blank, and I have to click on Investing Tools --> Portfolio Manager to see the positions. I have no idea what's wrong. I even setup a manual (non-linked) investment account and it does the same thing, it wont display my holdings in the account summary. I have ...

How do I Import Alias'
I downloaded QSCImp.exe and imported a 45,000 item database,600 suppliers, and 1200 customers, but I do not know how to import the Alias. With the QSCImp folder there is a word document showing the file layout, but no executable file and there is no option to import the Alias in the QSCImp.exe program. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kinnard@donotspamBMS.com On the first screen when choosing the file you are importing and setting the connection to the database you want to choose Aliases from the Destination Table. It is entry 4 on the drop down list. Th...

Importing QIF files
I download and save the QIF file from my bank. I then import the file into Money 2004. When I review the enteries in my credit card relative to the QIF file I find the following: QIF: P7-ELEVEN 123456 Anytown VA M04: Eleven Anytown VA (Lost the "7-" and the store number) QIF: PJoe's 145345 Anytown VA M04: Joe S Anytown (lost the apostrophe, capitalized the "S", lost the state) QIF: PMR. CLEAN CAR WASH ANYTOWN VA M04: Mr Clean Car Wash Anytown (Lost the period, lost the state, lost the capitalization) I checked and in both cases there are no payee name va...

Data Import/ Data Map Questions
Hello, I am developing a solution that will allow various new and updated entities to be loaded from several source systems into a Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 installation on an ongoing basis. There are some up- front components to the solution that detect new/changed source system data that are custom but I wanted to be able to use the built-in Data Import facilities within 4.0 to take the data from Excel files and load it into the CRM. I've looked at the sample code in the SDK and have been able to write code that will do this, including use of Picklist and Lookup (ie parent account) type ...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

Import data from excel
I am a beginner in ACCESS. I have imported a table of transactions which contains unique doctor, unique practice and referrals (business transaction). I have created a unique doctor table with unique doctor ID and I have also create a separate unique table for practice with unique practice ID. I don't know how to connect the unique DOCTOR ID & unique PRACTICE ID into the transaction table, originally the transaction table has the doctor's name and practice's name. Can someone guide me the steps. Thanks. On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:29:01 -0800, Muichoi <Muichoi@discussions....

MSN account list
How come I can't get a CASH account to show up in MSN. I want to enter transaction on MSN site from work and on the road, and sync them when I get home. ...

Aging report table for accounts receivable
Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make query/view in sql server 2005 Michael, You need to use RM20101 and RM10201 tables. You need to use date functions to get the aging for your view based on document date or due date field. If your aging is setup to be by Doc Date, Consider Doc Date and If it is due date, you should be taking it by Due Date. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make > query/view in sql server 2005...

Importing Contacts 04-15-04
When trying to import contacts into CRM I get the following message. "Microsoft outlook could not be started. Verify that outlook is installed on this computer." I have Outlook 2003 installed and also have installed the CRM Sales for Outlook ...

Import custom namespace in XSLT
Hi, I wanted to use the <msxsl:script> tag in a XSLT and include a .Net defined namespace. For ex: System.Web It seems the framework 1.1 does not work in a manner mentioned in the documentation. The framework gives me a run-time exception and does not transform the input file Have you come across such situations and were able to implement the same? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Alok Alok Sathaye wrote: > I wanted to use the <msxsl:script> tag in a XSLT and include a .Net defined > namespace. For ex: System.Web Then when declaring and/or using object...

Quicken Import & Online Download has Messed Up Accounts
I'm a new Money 2005 user. Was using Quicken and got a new Notebook with Money Standard preinstalled. Liked it, and disliked Quicken's new version. But I use my desktop for my finances, not my notebook, so I downloaded the trial from the MS site, and I'm going to purchase it. My problem: I imported my Quicken data, and then I set up automatic online downloads. So I have multiple instances of some accounts. I know there is a "Merge Accounts" feature, but before trying it I took a good look at all the accounts, and I beleive I will end up with a real mess if I merge...

Need help importing from Entourage 2001 to X
Hello, I am trying to import from Entourage 2001 to X, when i choose to import from program and i go to the directory where Entourage 2001 is locate and try to selected, it won't let me selected the program. is there a work around for this? regard, SolarPunk On 10/3/03 08:06 AM, in article 749b1a48.0310030706.4312608b@posting.google.com, "SolarPunk" <solarpunk@fusionrain.com> wrote: > I am trying to import from Entourage 2001 to X, when i choose to > import from program and i go to the directory where Entourage 2001 is > locate and try to selected, it won't...

POS 2009 Accounting integration
Does anyone know if the new version, POS 2009, will integrate with Microsoft Office Accounting? I need to upgrade my Quickbooks, but I'd rather switch to Microsoft Accounting, instead. The only thing keeping me from switching is the POS integration. Keep your QuickBook and integrate POS2009 to it. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@rrdisti.com Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E36DC5A5-9AB4-45EC-AB5B-5D50AE163EC1@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if the new version, POS 2009, will integrate with > Microsoft &...

Moving Outlook account to another Windows log-in user account
I currently use 2 different Windows log-in User accounts, and have an email account I access on each of them, 1 for work and 1 for home. I did this because my work environment is wireless. I'm sick of switching back and forth between Windows user accounts to check work email vs. personal email. How do I transfer one Outlook email account to another Windows user account on the same computer. I'm sure I could just add an email account on one or the other, and delete it from the existing User Account, but I'd like to retain all of my existing folders and content. Then I...

Moving a Chart of account segment to analytical accounting Dimension
We need to move a segment from chart of account to TRx Dimension in Analytical Accounting. Can anybody suggest about what data we should import in Dimension Codes related to historical and Open transaction distributions. Basically we want to be able to use Analytical Accounting reports for old transactions for this new Dimension. Is it even possible to do ? ...

importing excel spreadsheets into web-based applications
How do you automate importing data from an excel spreadsheet into a web-based applications. For example, a form on the web has fields for name, address, phone, email, etc. (some of the fields are required, some optional) and you have a spreadsheet with information for a 100 different people (or even 1 person), how do you fill in all the fields at once without having to cut and paste each field for each person. ...

Bank fees for BillPay via Money
I am getting nailed my Wells Fargo for using Money's BillPay feature. Is there a national bank out there that you can get this feature for free? And it works well with Money? Thanks Chaz Unless he is logging on to the bank's website and using "their" version of Bill Pay. My bank offers on line bill pay at a cost, but I don't use it. I use bill pay through Money and in about another month I should start getting charged for it. The two bill pays (Money's and the Banks) are both through check free. Bob <chaztel@msn.com> wrote in message news:uz8tgNDTDHA...

Another users account appearing
We are running 2K with exchange server 2000 with 200 users accessing email through Outlook 2000. We have one user who will sometimes receive another users email settings, ie: inbox. He will log onto the network under his normal loggon and then start up Exchange and will have the other account. The account that keeps coming up is the Administrators account. It is always the same account that will come up. We have not been told of any other circumstances with any other staff. It is always the same machine and we have deleted all stored profiles on the machine and are running mandatory pr...

Year End Close on Unit Accounts
Our FRX financials show at least the last 6 periods of data. On some of the financials we include unit accounts. Now that we rolled into the new year we noticed that units were in the BBF entry. Why would I want those brought forward? I suppose there a situations where this information is necessary but not in every instance. In our situation it totally distorts the YTD information. We show the number of hours that an aircraft flies month by month and would expect the YTD show total hours flown by year. Reading the posts it seems that this has not been fixed in version 8. We have...