Denied file access

When I attempt to open my money program, I get a message
that says, There is a problem with your Windows security
settings.  I use Windows 98 and Money 2000.
0
anonymous (74722)
1/1/2004 10:36:55 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

How do I open .dbx files saved from my computer in outlook
I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before my computer died. How do I open them on my new computer. It has Vista and office outlook 2007 You need to use Windows Mail and make the folders available there (import from identity - Outlook Express) , before in WM exporting msgs to Exchange (Outlook) "colinswood" <colinswood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD7FEA1C-813C-4DD0-8C22-860B2AABCE9E@microsoft.com... >I have a number of .dbx files I saved on an external hard drive just before > my computer died. How do ...

Direct Link from MS Project to MS Access
I'm building a database in MS Access. Currently we are dumping MS Project information into Excel and importing into MS Access. I need to determine if there is a way to link MS Access directly to tables in MS Project for automatic updates instead of export/import. ...

Merging two different files
Does anyone know how to merge two files with these conditions: They are two different versions of the same file, each modified with different information,. Has anyone had direct experience with this? ...

Search file and within the file
Hi, I have several files in a folder most of them are CVs in word format, I want to create a query or access program to get the subject with some criteria - any ideas? If I search for a particular Text, that should check and matching file name and also inside the word file. I tried google desktop search, coppernic search and even the MS Search - but nothing helped in a way I want. I appreciate your valuable time. Rgds Anver, To develop a bespoke Access application will take much effort and involve using Windows APIs. I suggest you don't want to do this. Instead consider upgrad...

Excel file size reduction
Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. For one possible problem (and solution) see http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Can anyone tell me, how can a file size be reduced. > > "Stacie Pierson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<fb5801c3f1c5$04b46b50$a601280...

Does anybody know why these two Excel files must be open in the same process?
Hi all, I am doing the following sequence of operations all the time: 1. Open up an Excel 2003 sheet A; 2. Click a button and run a macro in that Excel sheet; 3. After it finishes running, open up another Excel 2003 sheet B in the same Excel session/process; 4. Press F9 to do calculation/update the sheet, and save the Sheet B. B has a lot links linked to A... ----------------- Sometimes, if I update file A, save it, and close it before opening B, (i.e. now the file B and A are not in the same Excel session/ process) , B's update will fail (i.e. B's links will not ge...

Unicode Problems In Resource Files
Hi, I have the following unicode russian string in an excel document ????????? ???? ???????T when i paste it into the string table in the resource editor it comes out as follows Нас�,�?ойка иг�?�< �"а�?�"илд�"� why is this could someone help i am toatally at a deadend with this. Regards Adrian, >I have the following unicode russian string in an excel document >????????? ???? ???????T >when i paste it into the string table in the resource editor it comes out as >follows >�?а�?�,�?ойка иг�?�< �"а�?�"илд�"� Adrian, I believe the c...

Message Tracking XML File
Hello: Is there any utility out there that can read the XML file saved from the Message Tracking Center, and present it in an easily readable format? MS explains the XML schema at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms987640(EXCHG.65).aspx but doesn't offer a program to do anything. I found http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/archive/2007/11/13/more-exchange-message-tracking.aspx, which looks like it'll take the raw log files themselves and convert them into XML, which isn't what I need. Thank you. -- Regards, M MCTS, MCSA Nevermind....

"Access denied" frm Vista client to Win2003 server, but not XP or
The setup: -A Win2003 server at a hosting site, configured for VPN access. -The Win2003 server has 2 users configured, e.g. Bill and Fred. Each has the 'Allow access' selection for "Remote Access Permission (Dial-in or VPN)" on their individual properties page. -The Win2003 server has 3 shared folders, with share names "Everybody", "Bills Folder", and "Freds Folder", as implied, the 'Everyone' group has read access via the 'Permissions' settings of the shared directory properties. Bill and Fred each have full ...

Getting 'read' access to all domain mailboxes?
Is it possible setup one user to have full read access to all our domain mailboxes? I have read about delegate access but I just want to assign one users (our personnel manager) to have read access to all mailboxes Again, I only want this one person to have 'read only' access to all the other mailboxes so she can read their mail etc Many thanks in advance - ras - ...

How to access help?
That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off but how? And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch the thing off? How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203689/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DF541B-4845-454E-B610-4BA5DFD28952@mi...

open my back up files
sir, my user id by mistakely delete. so my outlook back up file how i can open it? its not open. iam already create new id and outlook mail . so my old back up file any chance to open. reply me .thanks, minoori13@hotmail.com File > Open > browse to the location of your PST file. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "mohammed iqbal" wrote: > sir, > my user id by mistakely delete. so my outlook back up file how i can open it? > its not open. iam already create new id and outlook mail . so my old back up...

Large Files
I have created a design in Publisher 2002, A3 size with TIFF images inserted. The Publisher file size is a hefty 8Mb due to the image sizes. The reason I used TIFF's is because I can't figure out how to create JPEG images with transparent backgrounds using MS Digital Image Pro 7. The Publisher file displays and prints O.K. but when converted to a PDF the images are distorted or missing. I have tried many different PDF creators without success. Can't figure out if it is the TIFF's or the size of the Publisher file that is the problem. Please help. ..png (Portable Net...

Validation Rule for IBAN Account number in MS Access Form field
Hi, In my table (and the form field linked to it) I have a field for the IBAN account number, which must be 2 Upper case characters A to Z, followed by 18 manadatory digits, and up to 28 total. So in my input mask I have this: >LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;; and it works fine. But when the user enters less than 20 characters total (including the two letters at the start and at least 18 digits) Access gives a very unfriendly ''The value you entered isn't appropriate for the input mask '>LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;;' specified for thi...

open a file listed in my db
I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it I would like to double click on an excel vile name listed in the access db and have it open How would I go about this? gary, Take a look in Access help. Look for "followhyperlink" HTH Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Gary." wrote: > I an starting a data base to keep up with the different files > > I would like to be able to double click on the file name and open it > > I would like...

How do you import a pdf file into Microsoft publisher 2003
I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from rbpublisher <rbpublisher@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I'm doing my kid's school directory. I have ads thathave been > submitted as pdf files. How do I place those files on my pages. > Microsoft doesn't give me the answer; neither does adobe. You need to convert the PDF files to graphics suc...

data available to MS Access
I'm not able to see the multiple entries of a sharepoint item with a mulit-line text column --I can only access the text of the last entry. With other multi-value columns (attachments, single-line text, numbers, etc), I don't have a problem getting the multiple entries. ...

Converting excel files to doc files
Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Alvin, You can open an Excel file with Word, then save it. Word saves as doc files (if that's what you mean). Be sure to type the doc extension, or Word will overwrite your original xls file. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Alvin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2501c4316d$5e715b20$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to convert an excel file over to doc format? Dear Earl, Not good... My excel file...

cannot open file extension.xls
FRX file saved through Excel 2007 with extension .xls cannot be open on 2003 office version attached through email. Help! This discussion group relate to Microsoft Access, have you looked at Victoria's reply to your post in Frx related discssion group http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.frx&mid=2f31afba-cb44-4a90-b25c-188d9cfd7c2e -- Good Luck BS"D "ctart" wrote: > FRX file saved through Excel 2007 with extension .xls cannot be open on 2003 > office version attached through email. Help! ...

File type converter install
I've received a docx file (Word 2007-type). My Word is 2000, so I can't open it. So I've downloaded a MS converter but when I try to install it, although it says 'satisfactorily installed' it's nowhere to be found so that I can actually use it. I would expect it to be listed in All Programs and/or to have its own desktop icon. Anyone any answers for me? You may say this should be queried on a Word NG, but I thought it more appropriate to ask on a Windows NG. Rob Graham Rob Graham <rttgraham@btinternet.com> �crivait news:1NidnSZoEImDiz_WnZ2dnUVZ...

Program accessing address book
I get the warning below when an application uses Outlooks address book. How do I turn off this warning for good? A program is trying to access your Address Book or contacts. Thanks You may not be able to turn it off, check here for some options http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec "Jason" <jason.strand@columbialegal.org> wrote in message news:013101c35aad$28167bb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I get the warning below when an application uses Outlooks > address book. How do I turn off this warning for good? > > A program is trying to access your Address B...

Open File Dialog
In a database I use an Open File Dialog to open multiple files using an Array and then I use the Array to populate a list and process it. This works great, until I select over 7 files, at which point the array remains empty without the error handler triggering. Is there a logical reason and/or solution for this? Further research indicates that when the number exceeds 7 the following line starts giving a False instead of a True: aht_apiGetOpenFileName(OFN) ...

Cannot access controls in code behind
Hi, I am developing a Web application using Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and C# . I am using the non-project option (website as opposed to web object). Occassionally when I place a control in the aspx page, I find that it is not available in code behind. Intellisense doesn't locate the control, and if I simply type it in, I get an error that the variable is not defined. What gives? Thanks On May 5, 8:43=A0am, Crazy Cat <danbr...@hotmail.com> wrote: Never mind -- it was my fault. Thanks for reading. > Hi, > > I am developing a Web application using V...

Can't get rid of rogue PST file in Folder List
Hi, I have Outlook XP SP1 and latest updates. After a recent reinstall of WinXP I now have 2 PST files listed. One is my normal one, and the other is pointing at a file that doesn't exist. I get the error when I click on it: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The path specified for the file ... is not valid." I can't right-click to delete it. If I try to create a PST where it is hoping to find one, it won't open it anyway. I've removed all references (there were 2) to that PST from registry. What els...

why now are all my documents shown as a paint file?
I click on a document and paint tries to open it and says it is not a valid graphic file. I don't want paint to open it. I want word to open it and am still trying to figure out how this happens and get my documents shown with little text icons instead of the paint icon... in spite of this I do like windows seven. charlie Something (or someone) inadvertently changed your file association for .DOC files. To fix: 1.) Open Windows Explorer 2.) Naviage to where you have a document (.doc or .docx) file (If you don't have file extensions showing, you may need to eith...