Demo Money file?

Does anyone have a demo money file I can use to show my friend how account
balance sheets and stuff look, and what features are in it, without having
to show my fanancia information and stuff?

0
mmm
2/3/2004 11:46:56 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, mmm, Pie wrote:

>Does anyone have a demo money file I can use to show my friend how account
>balance sheets and stuff look, and what features are in it, without having
>to show my fanancia information and stuff?

Find sample.mny on your system. It would be in the Program Files.
You can use Start->Find to find it. Double-click after the find, and
that should launch Money.

To switch back to your regular file from Money, Click File, and
choose it from the bottom of the drop-down list.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/4/2004 12:00:08 AM
Thanks Cal

0
mmm

Money cannot locate file...
I purchased a new computer with Money 2003 pre-loaded. I am running 2001 on the old computer which also came pre- loaded. When I attempt to run the old money file in the 2003 program, I get the message: Money cannot locate the file C:\My Money.mny or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read only file or you do not have permission to change it or the disk drive is write protected. It goes on to say I should make sure no one else is using it. I am certain the file is not protected, I am logged on as administrator, and I have copied the file using the LAN and a CD into numerous direc...

Insert file name into header
I need a macro or something that automatically insert the file name of the excel file into the header or footer, does not matter which, i dont need the directory path. Either this or automatically insert into the header or footer the contents of a specific cell in the worksheet. the cell address will never change., if i create a new worksheet, same cell address needs to go into the header thanks pat Try here: http://www.mrexcel.com/tip055.shtml best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Patrick" <Patrick@di...

Can't delete Outlook 2002 restored data files
My Windows XP Pro system crashed due to a hardware failure, and I had to restore my data once I reloaded a clean copy of Windows XP. I restored my Outlook data (PST files) to my D: drive thinking that I didn't want to overlay the current PST file, and would just import the data for it afterwards. I have managed to copy the data into my current Outlook PST file, but now I can't delete the folder structure that was created by my restore operation (i.e., "Documents and Settings" folder on D: drive) with all of its subfolders. I receive the error, "Cannot delete Ou...

Creating records in one file whilst editing another file
I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee file. Each time a record is changed I would like to create an audit record in a separate file. I do not need any input from the user when creating the record as all the information is implied (date, time, user, before and after values etc.) I would be interested to know what people think the easiest way to do this would be...?? All opinions welcome - the more the merrier. Thanks, Jon. 88Caddy wrote: >I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee >file. Each time a record is changed I would ...

No longer able to access Money
I had a problem accessing money and thought maybe I had a virus or something. My password just suddenly didn't work so I changed my microsoft passport to no avail. I changed it back to what it was. I'll be furious if this problem isn't fixed. I have about a years worth of stuff in Money and was just getting ready to use it to put together a budget, in addition to the fact that I haven't used my checkbook in months. I back up my money file to a seperate hard disk everyday, but it won't let me restore it. It give's me the same crap no matter what I do, "Your...

How to go back from 350 worksheet to the first worksheet in 1 file
Hi.. i hv 1 question to ask. Assume that i have more than 200 worksheet into 1 excel file, so imaging that i need to go back to the first worksheet from 350 page. So how should i do? Can i add the button like 'GO BACK TO FIRST PAGE' inside the 350 page, so when i click that button, it will go back to the first page, or any better suggesstion? Thanks in advanced. Regards, Wilmos Lee Hi try right-clicking with your mosue on the sheet navigation buttons in the lower left corner of your workbook. This should open a list of all your worksheets -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

returning to file previously worked on after closing it.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Appleworks, whenever I returned to the file I had been using (eg the manuscript I had been working on) the last page I had been editing would open up. But in Word, it always opens at the first page of the document and i have to scroll down many pages to reach the page I had been last working on. <br> Is there a short cut? A couple of the simplest & most direct solutions: Once the file opens key Command+End. If using a laptop or compact keyboard you may need to use the fn key along with that. ...

excel e-mail file
i rcvd an e-mail with an excel doc. attach. i do not have microsoft excel on my computer. is there any other program that will open an excel doc. >-----Original Message----- >i rcvd an e-mail with an excel doc. attach. >i do not have microsoft excel on my computer. >is there any other program that will open an excel doc. >. >never mind, i was able to open it with microsoft access. Hi there is a free Excel viewer available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA- 4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN HTH Frank anonymous@discussions.m...

receiving mdb files
I have Outlook 2000. I also have someone that needs to regularly send me Access mdb files, but Outlook 2000 is blocking them; how do I get Outlook 2000 to NOT DO THAT? : } "Lisa Simpson" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OsvVaR$9EHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2000. I also have someone that needs to regularly send >me > Access mdb files, but Outlook 2000 is blocking them; how do I get > Outlook > 2000 to NOT DO THAT? : } > > Tell your sender to rename the file to <filename>.mdx (or whatever extension you like that...

Publsher cannot open the file
I created a calendar in publisher and tried to open it today to update it. I keep getting the above message. I have tried the following 1. Turning off Norton Anti-Virus 2. Opening the file on 3 different computers, one of which is not running Norton 3. Opening the file in Safe Mode Nothing is working! I have several graphics embedded in the publication - all from microsoft. I really don't want to waste another day redoing the entire publication. Any suggestions? cslviola wrote: > I created a calendar in publisher and tried to open it > today to update it. I keep getting th...

Problem Opening Files #2
When an attempt to open an Exel file by double clicking on the file icon in Windows Explorer the Exel window opens (without any workbook present) and the following error message is displayed: "Cannot find the file 'C:\***.XLS (or one of its components) Make sure the path (... etc)" The file can be opened by using the open command within Exel. This problem first appeared while running MS Office under Windows 98 but has persisted since upgrading to Windows 2000 Professional. I have tried Windows update and repairing the program automatically from 'ADD / REMOVE PROGRA...

Separate Accounts in Money and one report
I have separate required accounts: checking, VISA, multiple savings (for kids and us parents), business checking, business cash, business VISA. How do I set up a cash account that makes any sense (Money's debits and credits style versus just keeping a tracking of spending)? Can the reports track totals spent towards a budget accross several accounts, and how do I do this? And, how can I keep the reports separated for the home versus business expenses? Thank you. Be sure to record appropriate categories for each transaction. Then you can generate reports of spending per category, r...

Purchase of inventory in Money 2004 Small Business
I feel like a dunce. I understand how to set up the initial product inventory, and I also understand that when new inventory is purchased that it has to be incremented manually. What I don't understand is the recording of the purchase in the register. According to accounting principles, the inventory is an asset when purchased and becomes an expense only when it is actually sold. However, the inventory asset account is not available when recording the purchase (for example, when recording in the purchase in the account for the credit card I used to pay for the inventory). I gue...

ost files
We have people that use Outlook 2003 with an Exchange account. The Exchange acounts are hosted by our ISP. I want to know what is the best practice to backup et restore the Outlook 2003 files with an Exchange account. Let say a user has accidently deleted a folder in the Inbox and I want to restore it. With an Exchage account, the outlook file format is ost. Can I backup and resotre juste the ost file. Thanks for your response -- Shidewa Assuming that the Exchange application service provider has deleted item retention turned on, you should be able to use the dumpsteralwayson registry ...

How do I save multiple messages as text file?
When I select multiple messages -> file -> save as text file. Only the headers of the messages are saved and not the bodies. In Outlook 2003, how do I save the bodies also? Thanks. ...

How reliable is MS Money?
I would appreciate some feedback on how reliable MS Money is in regards to online banking? I currently have Quicken 2008 and it has never been reliable in that regard. It was a pain to setup, but after correctly initial balance errors all was well for maybe a week. Then it had problems downloading transactions with bank #1 After fixing that a few times bank #1 seems to be stable Bank #2 starting bombing out shortly there after and has never worked more than a day at the most since. Sometimes the error would say it was on quicken's end and they would fix withing 48 hours yet a month later a...

How copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file?
Hi! I would like to copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file. Is there any easy way to do that instead of copying one at a time. Is it also possible the sheet name is automatically copied? Please advise, Aijun. -- Ai_Jun_Zhang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ai_Jun_Zhang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389219 Select first sheet then hold CRTL key while selecting other sheets one at a time or hold SHIFT key...

I spent three weeks trying to get my Money 2004 working...
My Money 2004 was working but all of a sudden stopped starting. When it starts, it pops up an error window complaining about mscofd.dll. I have tried everyting - reinstalling Money, registering some dll, etc. I opened a support case with Microsoft and talked to three support people, two from Money support and one from Windows. The solution - reformat hard drive, reinstall OS and all programs. What a waste of my time! Not sure I am going to do that... I did have some Trojan viruses before, but now the system is clean. I reinstall Windows (upgrade) put SP4, IE6 and all hotfixes.. Still n...

Can the .PST files be extracted from a backup of a HD?
Hi, I have recently formated my HD and I thought I had backed up my settings/folder/emails etc but evidently I haven't! I have a backup of the complete HD on an external HD. Is there a way of getting my settings/folders/emails back from the backup HD and placing them on my formated HD so that my Outlook goes back to the way it was? Most important is the saved emails, the settings I can sort out myself. Cheers Glenn Find the PST files on the other HD and copy them to someplace on your primary HD. Then recreate your Outlook profile (settings) via Control Panel, Mail. Add your old PS...

OL E-mails All Arriving with File Attachments
Four or five days ago, e-mails I receive on a regular basis started arriving in my box accompanied for the first time by .txt attachments containing the precise content of the e-mail itself. The report I receive from my state weather service every day, personal messages from friends, and commercial messages, none of which has ever included a file attachment before, all have started arriving with attachments. This is a waste of bandwith and space on my hard drive. Is there a way to stop the file attachments from coming? I've been opening each message and removing them, but wha...

"FILES OF TYPE"
When I open Excel, how can I get the same file to open each time in "files of type"? "ALL MICROSOFT EXCELL FILES" is the default and I would like to have "MICROSOFT EXCELL FILES" open each time Excel likes to help you. I just type: *.xls or *.xl* in the filename box and hit enter. It's a little extra work, but it's still pretty quick. And if I know that I'm looking for something with "yyy" in the name, I'd type: *yyy*.xls and hit enter. ROD BRIM wrote: > > When I open Excel, how can I get the same file to open > each ...

Number 1 appended to file names
Good day. Excel 2003 is appending a 1 to all the file names when I open Excel. For example, when opening test.xls it opens as test1.xls. When I click save it is giving me the "save as" window instead, as the file name does not exist yet. Anyone know how to alleviate this? Thanks. Hi maybe the following helps: -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel user" <Excel user@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EF6AADED-BAC0-4FD1-BE00-7392F2E3AE56@microsoft.com... > Good day. Excel 2003 is appending a 1 to all the file names when I open...

PDF File Download
I want to offer on my website free downloadable documents that are in PDF format. What is the best way to set up a "Click Here" and the file is downloaded automatically in FP? Thank you and Merry Christmas! Tom Tom wrote: > I want to offer on my website free downloadable documents > that are in PDF format. > > What is the best way to set up a "Click Here" and the > file is downloaded automatically in FP? > > Thank you and Merry Christmas! > > Tom I fail to see what this has to do with Publisher - especially if you're using FrontPage. ...

Paging File
I just installed an additional 2gis of ram for a total of 3gigs on an xp pro machine. I have two HDs and have the paging file on the second (non-booting) drive. I went to check the paging file and found that the "Recommended" size was 4606megs, but the "Allocated" was 3071megs. The file is set for "System Managed Size" Why is there a difference between the "Recommended" and "Allocated" amount ?? Which number should I use if changing to a "Custom" setting ?? Thank you for your time and trouble. --------------= Posted usin...

eField Service RMA Help Files
Has anyone else run into a problem where the help icons on the application windows of Returns Management will not open the appropriate help information? I spoke with another consultant and he said that this happens to him only on the Field Service Modules. I think that there has to be a better answer or a fix that I am missing. Thanks ...