Deleting Files

Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that file
entirely; can find no way to do it.  I would appreciate any help in that
area.  TY
--
HerbFry
0

Go find the file and delete it. I'm probably missing something here like
what "can find no way to do it" means. How do you delete Word files? Excel
files? Notepad files?

In microsoft.public.money, HerbFry wrote:

>Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that file
>entirely; can find no way to do it.  I would appreciate any help in that
>area.

Open Windows Explorer. Select the file, and press the Delete key.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/21/2006 12:16:51 AM
The drift of your message is you don't want to delete it, you want to
wipe it--that is make it unrecoverable.  You need to add a program to
your computer that allows this.  I would suggest Eraser, which is
available at:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eraser/eraser53.zip?download

Deleting, as suggested in the previous posts, would prevent the file
from being seen in standard Windows configuration, but allow it to be
retrieved by simple means.  Using Eraser, or any other program that
actually wipes the file from the hard drive, will prevent this.

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:02:02 -0800, "HerbFry"
<HerbFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that file
>entirely; can find no way to do it.  I would appreciate any help in that
>area.  TY
I probably didin't make myself clear.  I have deleted and erased the accounts
involved.  However, when you open Money under File, it still shows that name
(it is blank if you go there).  I would like to erase that connection
entirely if possible.
--
HerbFry

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, HerbFry wrote:
>
> >Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that file
> >entirely; can find no way to do it.  I would appreciate any help in that
> >area.
>
> Open Windows Explorer. Select the file, and press the Delete key.

0
HerbFry (4)
1/21/2006 6:56:03 PM
Probably did not make myself clear; have deleted account & erased it.  When
Money is opened; under File I still see link to that set up; I would like to
delete that link if possible.
--
HerbFry

"Mike C." wrote:

> The drift of your message is you don't want to delete it, you want to
> wipe it--that is make it unrecoverable.  You need to add a program to
> your computer that allows this.  I would suggest Eraser, which is
> available at:
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eraser/eraser53.zip?download
>
> Deleting, as suggested in the previous posts, would prevent the file
> from being seen in standard Windows configuration, but allow it to be
> retrieved by simple means.  Using Eraser, or any other program that
> actually wipes the file from the hard drive, will prevent this.
>
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:02:02 -0800, "HerbFry"
> <HerbFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that file
> >entirely; can find no way to do it.  I would appreciate any help in that
> >area.  TY

0
HerbFry (4)
1/21/2006 6:59:03 PM
You'll need to edit the registry where the list is stored. The list is
stored (for example for Money 2005) at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Money\14.0 in a number of entries named
'MruFile' followed by a number. Tha should remove it from the File-> list.

Not recommended if you're not familiar with the registry

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS
Money.
To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

>I probably didin't make myself clear.  I have deleted and erased the
>accounts
> involved.  However, when you open Money under File, it still shows that
> name
> (it is blank if you go there).  I would like to erase that connection
> entirely if possible.
> --
> HerbFry
>

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, HerbFry wrote:
>>
>> >Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that
>> >file
>> >entirely; can find no way to do it.  I would appreciate any help in that
>> >area.
>>
>> Open Windows Explorer. Select the file, and press the Delete key.

0
glyn1 (1534)
1/21/2006 7:02:33 PM
In microsoft.public.money, HerbFry wrote:

>I probably didin't make myself clear.  I have deleted and erased the accounts
>involved.  However, when you open Money under File, it still shows that name
>(it is blank if you go there).  I would like to erase that connection
>entirely if possible.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841213/en-us
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/21/2006 7:03:25 PM
You could:

a) try the reg hacks previously posted.
b) decide it make zeros difference in the greater overall scheme of things.
c) open the sample file. Then do File|New and create Instead1 on your
Desktop. Then do File|New and create Instead2 on your Desktop. Then re-open
your personal Money file. Delete Instead1.MNY and Instead2.MNY from your
desktop.

"HerbFry" <HerbFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I probably didin't make myself clear.  I have deleted and erased the
>accounts
> involved.  However, when you open Money under File, it still shows that
> name
> (it is blank if you go there).  I would like to erase that connection
> entirely if possible.

Herb:

Have you tried to mark the account "closed" using the "change account
settings"?

That should remove the account from your immediate view, however not sure
why if you deleted the account, it still shows up.

"HerbFry" wrote:

> Probably did not make myself clear; have deleted account & erased it.  When
> Money is opened; under File I still see link to that set up; I would like to
> delete that link if possible.
> --
> HerbFry
>

> "Mike C." wrote:
>
> > The drift of your message is you don't want to delete it, you want to
> > wipe it--that is make it unrecoverable.  You need to add a program to
> > your computer that allows this.  I would suggest Eraser, which is
> > available at:
> > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/eraser/eraser53.zip?download
> >
> > Deleting, as suggested in the previous posts, would prevent the file
> > from being seen in standard Windows configuration, but allow it to be
> > retrieved by simple means.  Using Eraser, or any other program that
> > actually wipes the file from the hard drive, will prevent this.
> >
> > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:02:02 -0800, "HerbFry"
> > <HerbFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that file
> > >entirely; can find no way to do it.  I would appreciate any help in that
> > >area.  TY

The OPs issue, as I think many of us understand it, was with a Money file,
not a single account in a Money file. I'd happily stand corrected.

"Curtis Glenn" <CurtisGlenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried to mark the account "closed" using the "change account
> settings"?
>
> That should remove the account from your immediate view, however not sure
> why if you deleted the account, it still shows up.

Thank you so much; this was the information I needed.  All fixed now.
--
HerbFry

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" wrote:

> You'll need to edit the registry where the list is stored. The list is
> stored (for example for Money 2005) at
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Money\14.0 in a number of entries named
> 'MruFile' followed by a number. Tha should remove it from the File-> list.
>
> Not recommended if you're not familiar with the registry
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS
> Money.
> To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "HerbFry" <HerbFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I probably didin't make myself clear.  I have deleted and erased the
> >accounts
> > involved.  However, when you open Money under File, it still shows that
> > name
> > (it is blank if you go there).  I would like to erase that connection
> > entirely if possible.
> > --
> > HerbFry

> >> Open Windows Explorer. Select the file, and press the Delete key.

0
HerbFry (4)

Email file location
Can anyone tell me the actual file location of the email received in Microsoft Outlook? As i have to recover the system and thus i would like to backup the email. Would there any problem? Search for pst-files. Make sure you include hidden files/folders. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... The default location is; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----...

users can delete public folder calendar entries without permission
why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 (Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. shrp On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:23:15 -0700 (PDT), shrpshtr <shrpshtr@gmail.com> wrote: >why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 >(Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set >to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. The short answer is that they wouldn't be able to do that. ...

EXE file distribution issue
Hi: I am about to start distributing some software as an attachment to e-mails. All the recipients are happy with his arrangement, but we have run into a snag. For 99% of us OUTLOOK is set to maximum protection, and we don't want to change it. Unfortunately the Setup software I am using creates an EXE file, and outlook wont let any of the recipients even look at it much less open it!. Is there some way that recipients can override the inabilty to open an exe file on an exception basis? Can one create a script to make this easy for them? For example if the exe comes from a specific sourc...

publisher shuts down when i insert picture from file
The publisher application is shutting down when I try to insert a picture from a file & have done everything but uninstall. I have office small business 2003. Do you get an error? All pictures or just one particular picture? How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error and quits http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;289508 Try to insert the image in safe mode, if it works you may need an upgraded video driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "patchouli"...

E-mail stuck in Inbox, file in use, backup fails
I have a reoccuring problem that is driving me nuts. I have Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange set up. A user keeps getting a specific e-mail in her inbox in the mail store that kills the Veritas backup. The e-mail never makes it to the Outlook 2003 client. If you use OWA, the e-mail shows up there but it will not open. The page not found error is HTTP 500 server error. If you look at the log in Veritas, it says 'file in use' and 'access denied'. On the weekend I rebooted the server remotely and then permanently deleted the e-mail. The backup completed succes...

Creating and using a Deleted folder
I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. I am running outlook with 3 connections. Two I IMAP and one with MS exchange. The exchange one does have a deleted folder but the others don't Scott Adams <adamsfour@aol.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it > shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to > have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. No. That's the way IMAP works. -- Brian Tillman ...

How To Open OE6 .eml File Extension Emails With WLM
Hi: How can I open my old saved OE6 emails with file extension .eml with WLM? Never dreamed I would have this problem of opening prior Microsoft OE6 emails. Thanks, ColTom2 Just double-click on the .eml file. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote in message news:e#ZitFXaKHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > How can I open my old saved OE6 emails with file extension .eml with WLM? > > Never dreamed I would have this ...

download Word file into visio 2007
Anyone know how I can import a normal .doc WORD file which has our schools plan into a trial copy of visio 2007. Was going to us Smartdraw but thought as WORD already in use it would be easy to import into another Microsoft programme. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks Alan Speer Since Word is a text tool and Visio is a diagramming tool, what would be the purpose. You might consider just hyperlinking to the word document instead. al "Alan Speer" <Alan Speer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA0022B-9B77-4764-AD35-5D342039D2E7@microsoft...

saving excel file with it's add in
Hi, I have an Excel file that uses a formula from an add in installed in m computer (*.xla). How can I save the project including the add in in order to use it i another computer that doesn't have the add in. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you really mean that your workbook uses a function that's in the addin? If yes, I think you have two choices. #1. Take the addin with you (and install it on the other pc). #2. Extract the code/procedure for that function from the addin and put it in your workbook. (If the addin's project is protected, then thi...

Transfer Groupwise files over to Outlook 2002
All apologies if the answer to the following question is posted to a FAQ page-I have limited acess on this system. What is the best way to save all of my files and folders in Groupwise 5.5 over to MS Outlook 2002? Thank you in advance. Regards, Reuben Navigate to this page -- http://www.slipstick.com/config/ -- and then hover over the link in the left-hand frame that says "Converting to Outlook". There you will find a list of articles that will help you figure out how to convert various types of Groupwise data to Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent...

cannot receive exe files
We are running on exchange 2003 (plus small business server) and so far we haven't been able to send or receive any mail containing exe attachments. I am aware such attachments are automatically blocked by exchange, but I was thinking is there any way of overriding this rule inside internal network? If there are two internal users exchanging mail, is it possible to send exe file . How safe is to change registry keys so you can avoid that rule? Is there anybody with this problem? I could be wrong, but I don't think that Exchange is what is blocking the attachments. That is usua...

Error can't Find File
Hi, I have a macro that opens a file and pulls any outstanding tasks from the previous day. I have a problem when it is a new month because the previous month's file is called MyFileMarch2010. The macro now looks for MyFileApril2010. How do I capture the error and look for the previous month's file if it is the first business day of the month? Any help or suggestions is appreciated. -- Thank you Dave As ALWAYS, post YOUR code for comments if day(date)=1 then do this else do that end if -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguill...

Automatically creating new pst file when pst is too big
Would anybody know how to automatically create new pst files after it reaches a certain size? I would like outlook 2000 to automatically archive all email folders and then after reaching a specific size create a new pst. After creating the new pst then it would either inform the user of the location of the old pst or add the new pst to the current profile. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Alex ...

Extra prompts from Excel 2007 after saving a CSV file
Here's the scenario: 1. I open a .CSV file in Excel 2007. 2. I make some data change to the file. 3. I save the file. Excel prompts me to use the CSV format again. This is a little annoying, but I answer Yes, I want to keep this format. 4. I try to close Excel. 5. Excel prompts me with "Do you want to save the changes you made to '(filename)?' Yes/No/Cancel. This is INFURIATING. I just saved the darn file. So I click No, thereby training myself to click no when prompted by Excel to save changes, guaranteeing I'll lose work in the future. Does anyone know a way to get E...

Delete recurring appointment but keep history
Is it possible to delete a recurring appointment but keep all the previous occurances of the meeting for historical purposes? Thanks markj <markj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to delete a recurring appointment but keep all the > previous occurances of the meeting for historical purposes? Why not open the series and put an end date of today on the recurrence? That should remove all future occurrences, but keep the past ones. I believe I read that Outlook will keep only 18 months of past entries. Do you see any history older than that? -- Brian Tillman ...

Can I Stop Users Attaching Files
Hi all Users are circumventing our documentation control by attaching drawing image files to emails. These files are in a folder to which they have only read-only access. Is it possible to stop users attaching the contents of certain folders or certain file types to emails? TIA Phil Sorry, forgot the important stuff in my frustration: Win2003 Server Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 clients Standard MS client server active directory controlled network Phil most AV solutions have the ability to block sending/receiving of certain file types... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "TheScullster...

Deleting Customer
Running HQ and 2 stores. version 1.2.0185 Trying to ensure that all customers (about 20 in total) are global but somehow one of the stores has a global customer that doesn't show up in HQ. I want to delete this odd customer. Store won't let me remove it because it is a global customer and if I try to run an HQ worksheet to delete global customers then their account number doesn't show up in the list. Suggestions? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6A07D.E080C750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Enc...

Rules and Signature files
Where are the Rules and Signature files stored in Outlook 2000? I've copied the .pst file which contains the mail, calendar, contacts and other information, but the rules and the signature are not part of it. I would like to be able to create a complete restore when putting a user's Outlook on a new computer, or restoring after a hard drive crash. Rules are stored in the user's inbox (on the Exchange server if using it and in the PST if delivering mail there). Signatures are stored here on WinXP and Win2000: C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Mi...

Separate file with one field
Seems like fairly simple need but cant figure it out. How do i export the contents of One field of a table into a .csv or a text file, one record per line? Thanks Ramesh Create a query that returns only one field. Use TransferText (in code or a macro) to export the query. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message news:e6cgFNDKIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Seems like fairly simple ...

major increase in transaction log files
Hello, I've already browsed through the other postings and didn't find a match for our issue. we're running Exchange 2003 ent cluster BE with a single server FE for the gateway (all SP1). The front end is scanning AV and has intelligent message filtering and is enabled for circular logging (on it's own local drive). The back end does not have AV scanning or IMF, but does have full text indexing turned on the mail and public folders. Prior to turning on FTI, we noticed an extremely sharp increase in the amount of transaction logs & I can't seem to find a source ...

Is it possible to convert a Word graphic into a .jpg file?
I want to insert the graphic into a wiki and need it to be in the .jpg format. I am using Word 7. If not possible, any suggestions? Thank you! You probably mean Word 2007. Try selecting the graphic and copying it (CTRL+C). Open Paint and use Paste (CTRL+V) to paste the graphic into Paint. Now you can save the graphic into any format Paint supports. Yves "GECarter" <GECarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87055F73-61A8-4D77-9B2A-07C800BAD89C@microsoft.com... >I want to insert the graphic into a wiki and need it to be in the .jpg >...

cannot delete messages
I have an Exchange 2000 Server, SP 3. Outlook 2000 clients. several users in my orgainziation have messages in their inboxes that they cannot delete. UNKNOWN error is all they get. is there any way to get these messages out? regards, JM ...

exporting to text file database using pipe delimiting
Does anyone know of a way to export a spreadsheet to a custom delimited text file? I want to export one to a pipe (|) delimited file, but i can't seem to find a way to do it. Please.... :) Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html In article <BEA4D065-B51F-4ABF-90DC-93A0F61944DA@microsoft.com>, "NickP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to export a spreadsheet to a custom delimited text > file? > I want to export one to a pipe (|) delimited file, but i can't seem to find a > way to ...

Need to access selective cells from Excel file stored at Sharepoin
I need to link my PPT 2007 slide with an Excel 2003/2007 sheet data stored at Sharepoint 2007. Excel sheet is having lots of cells/rows - hundreds, but i want only selective ranges to be visible in PPT slide. Moreover, if can apply some calculations prior to rendering the date, is also required. Any suggestions please? ...

Deleted Mailbox???
I just deleted an extra (not used) account I have on my computer using User Accounts in Control Panel. During the process I opted to save all files to my Desktop. Upon opening my email, Outlook cannot find my OUTLOOK.PST file and wants to search for it or create a new one. I figured I'd rollback to the last register settings, but system restore was not turned on, that that was out of the question. Can anyone help me get my email back, there is very valuable information in it and I do not want to lose it Operating System: XP Pro Email: Outlook 2000 Thanks for your help in advan...