Delayed transfer between accounts

I've been a user of Money for about 4 years and have never tried using it for
tracking investments, tax planning, etc... until now.  I specifically have
two quesitions:

1.  I have a money market savings account at a different bank and frequently
transfer to and from this account.  The only problem is that it takes about 3
days to transfer for one account to the other.  For example a transfer from
my checking account will post on the third.  It won't show up in the savings
account until the sixth or seventh.  To date, I've been using a "Special"
transfer from one account to the other and not worrying about the date.  I
would like to get the dates in both accounts to match the dates posted by the
banks but haven't figured out a good way to do it if it is even possible.
Should I not worrying about placing the transfers in a specific category and
just leave this blank?  This problem also relates to my second question.
2.  I have my paycheck setup as a deposit with all the taxes, insurance, and
401K information.  My problem here is that there is a couple days delay
between when my paycheck is deposited to when my 401K account shows a
contribution.  This is throwing off my whole 401K performance.  Any thoughts
on this?  Will I just have to manually enter the contribution information
into my 401K account and not take advantage of the before taxes tab on my
paycheck deposit?

Thanks.
0
ShawnHern (2)
1/9/2008 8:29:00 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Shawn Hern wrote:

>I've been a user of Money for about 4 years and have never tried using it for
>tracking investments, tax planning, etc... until now.  I specifically have
>two quesitions:
>
>1.  I have a money market savings account at a different bank and frequently
>transfer to and from this account.  The only problem is that it takes about 3
>days to transfer for one account to the other.  For example a transfer from
>my checking account will post on the third.  It won't show up in the savings
>account until the sixth or seventh.  To date, I've been using a "Special"
>transfer from one account to the other and not worrying about the date.  I
>would like to get the dates in both accounts to match the dates posted by the
>banks but haven't figured out a good way to do it if it is even possible.
>Should I not worrying about placing the transfers in a specific category and
>just leave this blank?  This problem also relates to my second question.

You can create a suspense account.
I have one I call In Transit, and I named it a "cash or other"
account.  Change each of the downloaded transactions into transfer
to/from that account.  That account will normally have a zero
balance except while funds are in transit.

>2.  I have my paycheck setup as a deposit with all the taxes, insurance, and
>401K information.  My problem here is that there is a couple days delay
>between when my paycheck is deposited to when my 401K account shows a
>contribution.  This is throwing off my whole 401K performance.  Any thoughts
>on this?  Will I just have to manually enter the contribution information
>into my 401K account and not take advantage of the before taxes tab on my
>paycheck deposit?

You could use the same process if you like. You could use the same
or a different suspense account. This one seems to not be such a
good idea. I would just make the transfer to the cash portion of
your 401K. If there are a few days where interest is not paid, why
would it not be fair to count that as reducing the apparent
performance of the 401k?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/9/2008 8:40:36 PM
Cal,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll try your recommendation of utilizing a
suspense (In transit) account for my first problem.  I didn't know if there
was another way or category.  As for the second, I'll have to play with it a
little bit more.  It would be fair to count the few days as a reduction in
performance.  There are just times when I get to caughtup in trying to get
everything perfect.  It also wouldn't be as big of a deal if the market
wasn't acting so crazy these days.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Shawn Hern wrote:
>
> >I've been a user of Money for about 4 years and have never tried using it for
> >tracking investments, tax planning, etc... until now.  I specifically have
> >two quesitions:
> >
> >1.  I have a money market savings account at a different bank and frequently
> >transfer to and from this account.  The only problem is that it takes about 3
> >days to transfer for one account to the other.  For example a transfer from
> >my checking account will post on the third.  It won't show up in the savings
> >account until the sixth or seventh.  To date, I've been using a "Special"
> >transfer from one account to the other and not worrying about the date.  I
> >would like to get the dates in both accounts to match the dates posted by the
> >banks but haven't figured out a good way to do it if it is even possible.
> >Should I not worrying about placing the transfers in a specific category and
> >just leave this blank?  This problem also relates to my second question.
>
> You can create a suspense account.
> I have one I call In Transit, and I named it a "cash or other"
> account.  Change each of the downloaded transactions into transfer
> to/from that account.  That account will normally have a zero
> balance except while funds are in transit.
>

> >2.  I have my paycheck setup as a deposit with all the taxes, insurance, and
> >401K information.  My problem here is that there is a couple days delay
> >between when my paycheck is deposited to when my 401K account shows a
> >contribution.  This is throwing off my whole 401K performance.  Any thoughts
> >on this?  Will I just have to manually enter the contribution information
> >into my 401K account and not take advantage of the before taxes tab on my
> >paycheck deposit?
>
> You could use the same process if you like. You could use the same
> or a different suspense account. This one seems to not be such a
> good idea. I would just make the transfer to the cash portion of
> your 401K. If there are a few days where interest is not paid, why
> would it not be fair to count that as reducing the apparent
> performance of the 401k?

0
ShawnHern (2)
1/9/2008 9:56:04 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Shawn Hern wrote:

>Cal,
>
>Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll try your recommendation of utilizing a
>suspense (In transit) account for my first problem.  I didn't know if there
>was another way or category.

The way you have been doing it and the transfers via the suspense
account are best IMHO. The method of using the same category as an
expense and income (and setting up reports to net-out the amounts)
are not as good for somebody who understands transfers.

>  As for the second, I'll have to play with it a
>little bit more.  It would be fair to count the few days as a reduction in
>performance.  There are just times when I get to caughtup in trying to get
>everything perfect.  It also wouldn't be as big of a deal if the market
>wasn't acting so crazy these days.

It's too bad your fourth quarter contributions were not in transit
for a couple of weeks.  :-(

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

transferring e-mail addressess from Outlook
I do not know how to get my e-mail addresses from Outlook. It says on your site that they should be transferred over to this acct. HELP Rhonda, What site might you be referring too..? This newsgroup is for Vista's email client Windows Mail. It is a public forum of your peers(users like yourself)....it is not Microsoft support. The most common method for transferring one's contacts from Outlook to another email client is to use Outlook's built-in capability to export the contacts list as a Comma Separated Value file[ *.csv file(Windows format)] and save the fi...

Mailbox-enabled account
I'm running EXCH2003 Question: I need to create an mailbox-enabled account like sales@company.com. But I don't need to create any user named "sales". I mean is there a way to create the mailbox-enabled user without need to the create the user ... Just a curiosity. We have another e-mail system where we can create "sales", "payouts", "customerservice" e-mails accounts without need to create users. You need to create a SMTP email address so you can get email for that address. Here are the different ways you can do it. i) Create a Distr...

Daily Interest on Mortgage Accounts
I have tried to set up my Mortgage account many times, but there appears to be no option for Interest calculated on a daily basis. Is anyone aware of an option or work- around? Very frustrating, as Money calculates it Monthly, and I can never seem to get my mortgage account right! Any ideas appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Wazza wrote: > >I have tried to set up my Mortgage account many times, >but there appears to be no option for Interest calculated >on a daily basis. Is anyone aware of an option or work- >around? Very frustrating, as Money calculates it >...

Newbire Question: How to Transfer Outlook Address Book To Another PC?
Hello, I'm a newbie to Outlook as I've never used it before. I'm setting up a laptop for a friend and he wants his outlook address book transferred onto his laptop from his old PC. I have no idea how to do this, so if someone could help me or maybe there is a link that has the information, it would be appreciated. jeff <Zombieboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:so3dl1tv64qnr8d738l0t5brk4kto2pp5m@4ax.com... > Hello, > > I'm a newbie to Outlook as I've never used it before. I'm setting up a > laptop for a friend and he wants his outlook address...

DST Exchange Calendar Update Config Tool, account permissions
New Ex admin, I'm running exchange 2003SP2 and when I run the MsExTmz.exe, i get this error message. How do i grant a service account full access so I can run the tool HrReadConfiguration:Logfile opened as:msextmz.log HrReadConfiguration:Reading Configuration. HrReadConfiguration:Command Line:tzmove.exe /q HrReadConfiguration:ServerDN:/o=First Organization/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=server12 HrReadConfiguration:OutputputFile opened as:Output.txt HrReadConfiguration:Input File is not set. HrReadConfiguration:Error opened as:Errors.txt HrReadConfigurat...

Changing Account owner also changes contact owner (and activity owner)
Hi, When I change the owner of an account, CRM also changes the owner of the contacts within that account and changes the owner of the activities that are connected to the contact. Is this behavior by default? (I can't Imagine). Sanne This is the default behavior. This is a nice feature when you lose an employee and need to reassign that employees accounts and all their sub-records to a replacement. Have you tried sharing the account record in question? What is your goal by reassigning the account but not the other related records? - Scott www.easiintl.com Sanne wrote: > Hi, >...

Exchange 2003
Hello...we are running Exchange 2003 and send reports to clients via email. We sent a series of 4 emails, each containing one report on 7/18/2006. The recipient received 3 out of 4 of those emails, but the last one did not arrive until 8/2/2006. We've had similar situations with recipients receiving only some of the reports, but not all of them. It should not be an attachment size issue, as the reports are usually < 1MB each. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Murph492 <Murph492@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello...we are running Exchange 2003 and send repor...

CRM Account Owner ID
Hi, I would like to create a mapping between the Accounts and a Custom Entity. I am finding it difficult however to map the Owner ID of Accounts to a Field in my Custom Entity. Does anyone know the sloution to this? or a workaround. Many thanks. The Owner ID is a field type that is not available for create a custom field with. Maybe wait for v4.0 where it does allows you to add lookup type fields entities. Or if you have to make in work in v3.0 -- SDK Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "azeem.javed@gmail...

Sharing Emails with different account
Hi, I would like to share emails that are downloaded with other accounts on the same computer. Is there any way to set it up in outlook instead going after the file in the directory? My OS is WinXP and using Outlook 2002. Thank you. Andy Leave the mail on the server and allow each account to download the mail to their local store. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Transfer the Bitmap accross applications
Hi , i have two different applications, like App1 and App2. Each application has one dialog like App1Dailog1 & App2Dailog2, my task is to transfer the bit map from one application to another application dialog. means when sending the bitmap file from one app1 to other app2 then app2 dialog has updated wtih app1 bitmap file. all this done by command line arguaments as below App1.exe App2.exe c:\bitmapfileName.bmp then App2.exe file dialog has updated with this bitmap file c: \bitmapfileName.bmp thanks in advance Rasheed. Start by writting an application that can draw whatever you w...

Error:None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.
When I reply to messages in Outlook 2002, I frequently get the message returned with the error: None of your e- mail accounts could send to this recipient. Any suggestions? Thanks What mail accounts do you have set up in Outlook? Can you send a message directly to the person involved? Paula wrote: > When I reply to messages in Outlook 2002, I frequently > get the message returned with the error: None of your e- > mail accounts could send to this recipient. > Any suggestions? > Thanks ...

T-shirt text transfer WITHOUT WordArt
Is there any way to create a T-shirt text transfer without using Word Art? I don't like any of the formats and my text is cust work. Sure there is, but I don't think that's the answer you were looking for. Specifically what are you asking? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jillca" <jillca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5EFDBD3-35F5-4552-8EFC-62F4220FDE80@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to create a T-shirt text transfer without using Word Art? > I > don't like any of the formats and my text is cust work. Us...

Unable to receie emails on my hotmail account.
Hello, I am using Windows Live Mail for quite some time . Since last 01 month I am not able to RECEIVE emails from one of my "very old" Hotmail ID on either my Desktop PC or the LAPTOP, even though I am able to receive emails on my other "new" Hotmail ID's configured with Windows Live Mail on the same systems. However,I can send emails from any of the Hotmail ID's thru Windows Live mail. The ERROR I get is as under ; ========================================== Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sy...

Move Account activity to contact
Hello, We just did an ACT to CRM 1.2 migration and we want to do some customizing on the data. In CRM 1.2, does anyone know how to assign the account activities, history, notes to the primary contact of the account. We are basically going to have only contacts in CRM and delete all the accounts, but the activities are linked to the account, not the contacts. Thanks in advance. Lance Is it in production or still being prepare for production? If not in production yet, I would clear all the data, modify the import script and re-run the data conversion. If it is in production, then it wil...

Default Mail Account
When sending an email the default mail account is selected with no problems. However when replying or forwarding an email my default mail account is not used, instead it selects the first email account listed in my box. Any ideas why this happens? Thx >-----Original Message----- >On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 22:16:39 GMT,"Andy M" ><andrew.w.morris@blueyonder.co.uk> penned this whopper in >news:793401c35a0c$e9074120$a001280a@phx.gbl: > >> When sending an email the default mail account is >> selected with no problems. >> >> However when ...

Administer account
I was trying to learn more about administers and users on my Dell laptop. I somehow messed it all up. When I start or restart, a windows screen comes up that directs me to click on my user name, but there is no window open to do. I found out that if I cont/alt/del I am able to bring up an administrator sign in, but alas I don't know my password. I don't remember ever setting it up so I would need one. I cannot get into that computer whatsoever. Help will certainly be most appreciated, -- Rev Dr Barry Rev Dr Barry wrote: > I was trying to learn more about ...

time delay
When I send messages in Outlook 2002, the time is delayed by one hour. At the bottom of the Windows office XP screen is current. How do I change to the correct time in Outlook? Check your time AND daylight savings time settings under both Control Panel and Outlook tools->options->calendar. Make sure they all match. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer denise joachim with denise@whbroker.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | When I send messages ...

5.5
Hi (Exchange 5.5) Is it possible to not allow a mail account to send emails to all domains except one. For example if the users email address is UserAddress@TestDomain.Com Can I limit this user so that they can only send emails to another account at TestDomain.Com ? ...

Money 2005
I upgraded my money 2004 file to money 2005. I then turned off MSN Bill Pay and set up my accounts to be accessed on the web. After synchronization, my MSN Bill Pay account (MSN-Checking) showed up in my account list. I want to link this account to my checking account, but when I select "Merge Duplicate Accounts", it states there are no accounts to merge. The help file tells you to follow these exact steps. Does anybody know a work-around to get this working? Thanks in advance, Brian Don't follow the directions given. Instead, try the following: Open your 2004 f...

Using owiningbusinessunit in account
I am looking for suggestions on how people usually do this. We would like each account to be related to a specific business unit and would like to put the owing business unit on the account form. The attribute of owningbusinessunit appears to be an attribute under account, but you can't add it to a form. Any suggestions on how people are doing this ? You can not modify this attriubtue directly, it is updated based on the record owner. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "MHG marine" <MHG marine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF32B222-316A...

Importing multiple OE accounts into Outlook
My Outlook Express has stopped working, it just freezes, so I figured it was time to switch to Outlook 2003. I've got it installed and I know how to set up multiple profiles. I would like to import my existing emails and address book from each of the accounts I had set up in OE, but whenever I do Import Internet Mail and Addresses, it just pulls the data from my mail OE account. I can't seem to get the data from the other accounts. How can I get at the data? Thanks! Andy After playing with it for a while more I figured out the trick, although it's not at all obvious....

Updating List of Accounts
Hi, I have a list of accounts that update daily. I need to pull a random sample of 25 accounts on a Monday, then pull that same sample on a Friday, from Fridays list (to see if there are any updates on those accounts). So for example, if on Monday (out of about 10k accounts): ACCT BALANCE 111 $555 222 $777 333 $999 Then on Friday, I want to filter out Friday's list to see those same accounts to see if the balances changed. Can you tell me if there is a custome filter function, formaula, macro that will allow me to update it automatically? Thank you! Kate ...

Apply Credit Memos to Parents and Children in National Accounts
Add ability to apply Child Credit Memo's to both Parents and other Children in National Accounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=559e5633-d73e-4bac-9c5...

send email delay
Hi, I just found the sending email get delay about 20 - 30 minutes recently. Any ideas how to check and fix? Thanks ...

Project Accounting related Query
Hi, We have situation, where the company is in the process of selling software to there clients. We need to book the product cost in Project accounting. With out using retention fees,project fees and other fees. can you help me out in booking the product cost in project accounting. with thanks ...