Default for imported transaction dates..

Does anyone else get annoyed by the fact that when you "accept" an imported
transaction (ie:  the transaction imported directly from your credit card
company matches a manual entry you made in Money)... that it defaults to the
credit card's date???

We all know that it takes 1-2 days for a credit card transaction to post to
your account.... so, why wouldn't the default be the manually entered date???

Maybe Microsoft can create a setting for those (like me) who use the manual
dates...  I'm sick of having to change the date on every transaction!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=2f5ed2d8-e009-4be8-9bb4-1490ecaad8ec&dg=microsoft.public.money
0
jeffmilw (2)
7/30/2007 12:12:02 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, jeffmilw wrote:

>Does anyone else get annoyed by the fact that when you "accept" an imported
>transaction (ie:  the transaction imported directly from your credit card
>company matches a manual entry you made in Money)... that it defaults to the
>credit card's date???
>
>We all know that it takes 1-2 days for a credit card transaction to post to
>your account.... so, why wouldn't the default be the manually entered date???
>
>Maybe Microsoft can create a setting for those (like me) who use the manual
>dates...  I'm sick of having to change the date on every transaction!!

Perhaps you would feel better if you changed the setting for
Tools->Settings->OnlineServices
->OverwriteTransactionDatesWithDatesFromDownloadedTransactions
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
7/30/2007 12:51:12 AM
Thank you!!  I didn't even know those settings existed... It has only taken
me 6 years to get this resolved... I wonder what else I am missing!

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, jeffmilw wrote:
>
> >Does anyone else get annoyed by the fact that when you "accept" an imported
> >transaction (ie:  the transaction imported directly from your credit card
> >company matches a manual entry you made in Money)... that it defaults to the
> >credit card's date???
> >
> >We all know that it takes 1-2 days for a credit card transaction to post to
> >your account.... so, why wouldn't the default be the manually entered date???
> >
> >Maybe Microsoft can create a setting for those (like me) who use the manual
> >dates...  I'm sick of having to change the date on every transaction!!
>
> Perhaps you would feel better if you changed the setting for
> Tools->Settings->OnlineServices
> ->OverwriteTransactionDatesWithDatesFromDownloadedTransactions

0
jeffmilw (2)

selecting dates in a date range
I have 2 columns in a table: HeadlineStartDate date not null, HeadlineEndDate date not null I need to do 3 things: 1. select all rows where the current date falls between HeadlineStartDate and HeadlineEndDate, 2. Select all rows where the current date is earlier than HeadlineStartDate and 3. Select all rows where the current date is later than HeadlineEndDate. How do you do this? they need to be all in different queries. Andy declare @dt as date=getdate() 1) select * from tbl where HeadlineStartDate >= @dt and HeadlineEndDate<dateadd(d,1,@dt) 2) se...

Format text box as Bulleted List as default
In AC2007 I would like to have a text box (rich text format) on my form automatically format the text that a user enters as a bulleted list when they begin typing. Currently the user needs to click the "Start a bulleted list" button on the ribbon before they begin typing. "Steve P" <Steve P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32E0219C-6D02-44AA-A292-38C2900F8F88@microsoft.com... > In AC2007 I would like to have a text box (rich text format) > on my form automatically format the text that a user enters as a > bulleted list when they...

create a single date column from seperate month, day and year colu
The data I received came with the month day and year seperated out into seperate columns. I manage to concantenate the date to show i.e. 112002 or 10102002 representing 1/1/2002 and 10/10/2002. What can I do to create a date field from this or should I use the seperate columns to create a date field. Thanks Try Format([SomeFieldName],"Short Date") -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "UGAJohn" wrote: > The data I received came with the month day and year seperated out into > seperate columns. I manage to concantenate the date to sh...

M/S Publisher 2003 How can I import clips from other programs suc.
I'm trying to import clip art from other programs specifically The Print Shop Ver. 20 and Print Workshop 2004 does anyone know how this can be accomplished. "Bob748" wrote: > I'm trying to import clip art from other programs specifically The Print Shop > Ver. 20 > and Print Workshop 2004 does anyone know how this can be accomplished. I've done it. You need to save the clipart to a file and then insert it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bob748" <Bob748@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4DACDA2-C1E0-4DC6-B94D...

Default Appearance
This keeps happening to me. I set up a very simple spread sheet to keep track of bowling scores--nothing fancy. When I bring up the sheet the next day the scores all say 12:00AM. This happens on more than one spreadsheet. I thought when I formatted cells or columns of cells to general or number, whatever, that it would stay that way. Am I missing something here? How are you typing the scores? Show us a few samples of your entries. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 May 2009 18:33:41 -0700, JimS <jimx22@msn.com> wrote: >This keeps happening to me. I set up a very simple s...

set default save location to PST?
Hello Outlook gurus, In Outlook, you can specify which folder in your default store to save unsent messages (eg: Inbox, Sent Items). But I want the default save location to be in a PERSONAL FOLDER(PST). When I try to set it, I get an error "this folder is not part of the default store". It sounds like by design, Outlook must save unsent items in the mailbox store, not in a PST. Anyone know a way around this? BTW, I'm not a VB programmer... Thanks, Deborah You can have items going into a pst when you have a mailbox in the profile be warned though that the pst will become th...

custom SQL import
I wrote a custom SQL import process to load data into 3 GP 9.0 tables. They are sc020030, sc020130, and sc020230. The data is loaded in that order. It looks like the existing data after it is loaded. I can also see it through the GP front end. I noticed after I ran the import, however, that some field labels on the GP input screen are now red. I don't remember this being the case prior to the import. I can navigate through the imported data and make / save changes through the front end. The work I did is on a dev box. When I log into the production box, the text fields are...

I am attempting to find the difference between two dates...
I am attempting to find the difference between two dates (in terms of days, months, and years) but I always get an additional month added on. Why? And how can I fix? For instance, if I want to find the difference between 1/1/2010 and 2/1/2010; it returns 2/0/0 Have a look at Chip Pearson's explanation of DATEDIF =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")&" years "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"ym")&" months "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"md") &" days" http://www.cpearson.com/EXCEL/datedif.aspx be careful ewith this because it can throw up...

Wrong Date/Wrong amount
In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download date as well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem is that it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount with a "downloaded" date of 10/9/2003. It is quite stubborn as nothing seems to affect it. Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this? Dirty Harry Harry Calahan wrote: > *In the Money 2004 check register it reports the last download dat > as > well as the balance in the top left corner. The only problem i > that > it is totally wrong. It reports some bogus amount wi...

Default Text
How can I change the text default from "plain text" to "HTML"? I know it is probably easy, but I can't find the option anywhere. Any help is welcome. You don't say what version of Outlook you are using, but in 2003 (and XP, if I remember correctly), at the Inbox menu, select Tools, Options, Mail Format. Judy Freed Systems Development UNC Charlotte "Nancy" <photoconcepts@charter.net> wrote in message news:960801c4338e$4b5dfd40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I change the text default from "plain text" > to "HTML"? I know i...

Dates pre 1900
I am using excel (Office 2000) for some of my genealogical tables. This includes dates pre 1900. I would like to sort my tables on these dates. Can excel cope with older dates? I would love to filter and sort on my 17th & 18th century dates without it trying to treat it as a text field. Thanks Kerry Kerry. have a look here http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm at the Extended Date Functions addin -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! U...

Missing Date picker in Vista
I have an Access application where I use a Date picker (mscomct2.ocx). I have newly installed Vista Ultimate on my computer and suddenly this control´┐Ż has disappeared. Is it replaced with something else or what? regards reidarT I don't have an answer about the ActiveX control in Vista but you should probably be using a NonActiveX calendar anyway because of the versioning problems. Jeff Conrad has collected a slew of links for them on his site: http://home.bendbroadband.com/conradsystems/accessjunkie/calendars.html reidarT wrote: >I have an Access application where I use a Date pick...

questionnaire on web, import answer into excell automaticaly
this is a two part question. i have a questionnaire (applicaiton) on the web http://oregondistrictyouth.org/youth_camp_registrationonline.htm how do i make it so the applicants can submit their answers, what do i do with the submit button and also after they have been submitted, can i set it up so the answers will be sent automatically to an excel page Have your web page write the data to a file on the server somewhere, then use FTP to transfer the file to your machine, and open it with Excel. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "oregon district youth" <oregon district youth@discussi...

Transaction from Manufacturing
Hello everyone We are using the manufacturing module and we have some journal entry with a source document code of GJ but in the reference, we have MCTExxxxxxxx. What are those transactions? -- Pat MCTE refers to Manufacturing Component Transaction Entry. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com These are most likely transactions originating from Manufacturing Component Transaction Entry. "Pat" wrote: > Hello everyone > > We are using the manufactur...

importing a scanned image
I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard copies come in various formats. Yes it is possible if you have a good OCR reader that can transfer the scanned image to text Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Julie" wrote: > I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is > it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard > copies come in various formats. ...

Payroll Transactions should allow negative entries
Negative payroll entries should be allowed to be made directly from the transaction entry screen. This is the only way to have the results flow through on a current check. This is different from an adjustment. More sophisticated payrolls may involve paying based on estimated or projected units or hours. If the ulitimate units or hours turn out to be lower, they should be able to be recouped on a subsequent payroll, via the negative amount. it would allow the adjustment/correction to be reflected on the actual paycheck and included in DD if applicable. -- Mark ---------------- Thi...

International Date Format
I have a user who is on Windows 2000 and Office XP Professional. She is running some essential older software made in the mid to late 90's by a very microsoft- centric organization. She works in Ireland and uses d/m/yyyy type formats for her short and long dates in Regional Settings. When she exports a list from this older software that contains dates formatted d/m/yyyy (or some variation of this - dd/mm/yyyy) into Excel 2002, the dates look all right in the edit window at the top of the program but are misinterpreted within the worksheet as m/d/yyyy by Excel. Thus some appear...

issue with date ordering
Hi, I wonder if i could get some help with the following issue with the date When i do query as below mycurrdate = Format(now, "d/mm/yyyy") myWeeklyIDCounter = DCount("[WeeklyID]", "WeeklyReport", "[Student_No] = '" & Me.LB_ActiveJobs.Column(1) & "' And [Weekly_Date]= #" & mycurrdate & "#") if let's say today is 8th Feb 2008, then mycurrdate should be "8/02/2008". In the table, there are many records with that date but it returns nothing after executing this query. After a while, i figure t...

Excel
I have 2 columns, "received" and "shipped to customer", in standard date format. I want to show a third column that shows the number of days in between. I know I subtract one from the other. However, I also have blanks in the shipped column for product that has not yet shipped out. For days between the columns, I want it to treat blank cells as today's date. How do I do this? Hi Stormsailor Try this formulae (assuming received date is in A1 cell and shipped date is in B1 cell). in C1 where you need the difference try this formulae =IF(B1="",TODA...

Tracking Cases/Incidents by Date
Am I right in thinking that you cannot compare Date fields using the workflow manager. I am trying to put together a system for tracking cases, so that if a case is left inactive for longer than 4hrs; then a email is automatically sent to one of our staff as a a reminder. However I am wondering whether this is possible as it would involve tracking and comparing dates, as well as querying whether certain activities has been closed within a certain period. (ie the central 'call-back' activity been closed within the initial 4hrs.) Does any of this sound possible within the exis...

How to amend dates on visio office move template
I've just downloaded the office move template and am trying to update the dates so that I can use it for my own office move - but it just keeps going back to the original - I've tried to amend the timeline but that just squashes everything to the right? ...

Sales transaction Entry
Good morning, Does anybody know of a way to change the default type ID in Sales Transaction Entry? Right now it is defaulted to Quote but we do not use this format or type, we would like the default to be Order but I can't find the parameter to change this. Thanks The Default Sales doc is managed in User Preferences. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com It's under User Preferences. It is set by user not by system. depending on your version, go to your Home pag...

sum of values between two given dates
good morning here is my problem In column A I have some dates, and in column B corresponding quantities (km ran by a marathon man) what I need is to compue the sum of km in a given month. In other words, the SUM(BXX:BYY) function should have, within it a pointer. for example, say for september 2008, it should find the first date of september 2008 (say cell A15), and give to teh sum function the value 15 instead of the XX above. Then look for the latest available date in september, say A21, and give the sum function the value 21 instead of YY. I know/suspect that it has to be done through addre...

Importing text files with mathematical characters
I am importing text files to Excel and they contain mathematical operators as part of the data. (For example "++" to denote a quantity of something.) Excel will not allow these characters as it thinks they are mathematical. Is there any way of stopping this happening? Thanks in advance "The Beckster" <The Beckster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D6533B-0C29-4287-9ECE-A337DE39DB8D@microsoft.com... > I am importing text files to Excel and they contain mathematical operators as > part of the data. (For example "++" to denote a quant...

Setting up a Date Range to calculate...
I would like to set up a list of date ranges for each week Monday-Friday, and be able to drag and drop so as to update through end of year. For example: June 2-6 June 9-13 June 16-20 .... Sept 15-22 If I type June 2-6 into the cell, it either turns it into June 2, 2026 or it goes from June 2-6 to June 2-7...2-8 etc. Please help. Thanks a lot!!!!!!! Hi, You will have to do that in few steps. 1.. Enter in the first cell a date like A1 "Jun 2" 2.. Enter in the second cell the next week A2 "Jun 9" 3.. Fill it down 4.. In B1 Enter the formula: =TEXT(A1,&quo...