Date Extension...

FYI: Saw this on the Quicken support forum - converting MS Money section.
They asked for an extension for expiration, and got it from MS.  To request,
email Microsoft Support from within MS Money - Help Menu --> Contact Us and
request an extension to your expiration date.  I did that via email.  They
replied the next day with an email on how to find the extend.exe and then a
phone number to call.  They asked for some info and then emailed me an
extension code.  Plugged it into Extend.exe and I am now good to go out to
2011.  I was going to expire in 10/2009 otherwise.   I hate to see MS Money
go, but Thanks MS for the free extension.

 - Ron

0
MSNews6426 (15)
7/28/2009 11:00:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

It's somewhere beyond unconscionable that they put people's backs to the
wall on the June 30 date, probably sold some copies they wouldn't have
otherwise sold if they'd announced this, and now they don't even come here
to say this.

"Ron Pierce" <ron+MSNews@pierceplace.net> wrote in message
> FYI: Saw this on the Quicken support forum - converting MS Money section.
> They asked for an extension for expiration, and got it from MS.

When I saw it in the Quicken forum, I thought it odd, but figured the least
they could do is say no, and the best is extend my expiration date.    So I
took the flyer and asked.  I certainly didn't think to ask before
yesterday - just assumed that the end was the end.  What can I say - just
offering what I found to help where I can.  I still wish it were different -
that there would be a change of heart and Money Plus 2010 was announced -
removing all the extranous junk and fixing the nagging issues...

message news:u3z$jv%23DKHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> It's somewhere beyond unconscionable that they put people's backs to the
> wall on the June 30 date, probably sold some copies they wouldn't have
> otherwise sold if they'd announced this, and now they don't even come here
> to say this.
>
> "Ron Pierce" <ron+MSNews@pierceplace.net> wrote in message
>> FYI: Saw this on the Quicken support forum - converting MS Money section.
>> They asked for an extension for expiration, and got it from MS.

0
MSNews6426 (15)
7/29/2009 2:57:29 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you posted it. I'm disgusted that nobody from
Microsoft has passed this along.

> When I saw it in the Quicken forum, I thought it odd, but figured the
> least they could do is say no, and the best is extend my expiration date.
> So I took the flyer and asked.  I certainly didn't think to ask before
> yesterday - just assumed that the end was the end.  What can I say - just
> offering what I found to help where I can.  I still wish it were
> different - that there would be a change of heart and Money Plus 2010 was
> announced - removing all the extranous junk and fixing the nagging
> issues...

No - I wasn't taking it wrong - Understood where you were coming from - but
was clarifying how I got to the point of just asking.

message news:%23MUsBp$DKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you posted it. I'm disgusted that nobody from
> Microsoft has passed this along.
>
> "Ron Pierce" <ron+MSNews@pierceplace.net> wrote in message
>> When I saw it in the Quicken forum, I thought it odd, but figured the
>> least they could do is say no, and the best is extend my expiration date.
>> So I took the flyer and asked.  I certainly didn't think to ask before
>> yesterday - just assumed that the end was the end.  What can I say - just
>> offering what I found to help where I can.  I still wish it were
>> different - that there would be a change of heart and Money Plus 2010 was
>> announced - removing all the extranous junk and fixing the nagging
>> issues...

0
MSNews6426 (15)
7/29/2009 3:55:34 AM
It is Microsoft after all Dick.....what else should we expect from them?

message news:%23MUsBp$DKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you posted it. I'm disgusted that nobody from
> Microsoft has passed this along.
>
> "Ron Pierce" <ron+MSNews@pierceplace.net> wrote in message
>> When I saw it in the Quicken forum, I thought it odd, but figured the
>> least they could do is say no, and the best is extend my expiration date.
>> So I took the flyer and asked.  I certainly didn't think to ask before
>> yesterday - just assumed that the end was the end.  What can I say - just
>> offering what I found to help where I can.  I still wish it were
>> different - that there would be a change of heart and Money Plus 2010 was
>> announced - removing all the extranous junk and fixing the nagging
>> issues...

0
RHinNC
7/30/2009 4:52:00 AM
I did as suggested and I was not given any opportunity to extend my
program.  I got a long and involved reply that boiled down to "go fly a
kite."

Patty

RHinNC wrote:
> It is Microsoft after all Dick.....what else should we expect from them?
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:%23MUsBp$DKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you posted it. I'm disgusted that nobody from
>> Microsoft has passed this along.
>>
>> "Ron Pierce" <ron+MSNews@pierceplace.net> wrote in message
>>> When I saw it in the Quicken forum, I thought it odd, but figured the
>>> least they could do is say no, and the best is extend my expiration date.
>>> So I took the flyer and asked.  I certainly didn't think to ask before
>>> yesterday - just assumed that the end was the end.  What can I say - just
>>> offering what I found to help where I can.  I still wish it were
>>> different - that there would be a change of heart and Money Plus 2010 was
>>> announced - removing all the extranous junk and fixing the nagging
>>> issues...

0
MacDuffie (35)
7/30/2009 5:34:37 AM
Yikes!

"Patty MacDuffie" <MacDuffie@sendspamhere.com> wrote in message
>I did as suggested and I was not given any opportunity to extend my
>program.  I got a long and involved reply that boiled down to "go fly a
>kite."
>
> Patty
>
> RHinNC wrote:
>> It is Microsoft after all Dick.....what else should we expect from them?
>>
>> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
>> message news:%23MUsBp$DKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you posted it. I'm disgusted that nobody
>>> from Microsoft has passed this along.
>>>
>>> "Ron Pierce" <ron+MSNews@pierceplace.net> wrote in message

0
John4384 (87)
7/30/2009 8:35:16 AM
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:34:37 -0700, Patty MacDuffie
<MacDuffie@sendspamhere.com> wrote:

>I did as suggested and I was not given any opportunity to extend my
>program.  I got a long and involved reply that boiled down to "go fly a
>kite."
>
>Patty
>
>RHinNC wrote:
>> It is Microsoft after all Dick.....what else should we expect from them?
>>
>> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
>> message news:%23MUsBp$DKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you posted it. I'm disgusted that nobody from
>>> Microsoft has passed this along.
>>>
>>> "Ron Pierce" <ron+MSNews@pierceplace.net> wrote in message

I received the same type of answer.  Used Google Group search, sent
them a link to the posts.

TTFN,
Dick Lewis
I followed the same path & received this letter from MS. Does not look
promising....
(I love the reference to EBay & Amazon)

Hello Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Money Online Support Services. My name is
Dmitri, and I'll be assisting you with your case. Issues aside, I sincerely
hope you are doing fine today.

To give the most accurate support possible, I would like to give a brief
summary of the problem as I understand it.

You received a notification that Money Plus is not going to be sold after
June 30th 2009. You were also informed that the Online Services will expire
on January 31st and are concerned about how to proceed since there will not
be a new version of the software.

If I have misunderstood the issue, please don't hesitate to let me know. I
apologize things are not working as they should and I will certainly help
you with the issue in any possible way I can.

After the Online Services have expired you will be able to continue to use
Money, if available, will need to manually download statements from your
Financial Institution and manually update quotes. You can access the links
below for additional information regarding this process.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829143/

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910214/

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179836/

Unfortunately the Money software is no longer for sale, however you can
purchase a copy from EBay or Amazon and we can extend the online services
with the new product key.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. It is
simply that personal finance management has changed and the need for a
comprehensive tool such as MS Money has been declined. There are however
other options available for you to continue tracking and managing your
finances. Manufacturers other than Microsoft have provided software for
these purposes that continue to be operational. The most common third party
software would be Quicken but there are also online programs that may suit
your needs. You may also speak to your Financial Institution about the
online banking options they have available and what capabilities they
provide.

I hope this email addresses your concerns and clears up any doubts you may
have. For additional information about this matter please visit the website
below. Here you will find some of the most commonly asked questions and also
some suggestions that you may find useful.

http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx

If you are unable to reply to this email by clicking on the Reply button,
please try copying the email address above and pasting it into your
response. You can also try sending an email to rxmail@css.one.microsoft.com
making sure to include the case ID XXXXXXXX in the subject line of your
response so it is properly forwarded to your case for review.

 If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I look forward to
your reply.

Have a nice day Mr. Waters. Thank you for choosing Microsoft.

Demetrio N. Betancourt

Microsoft Money Online Support Services

0
scottw2000 (31)
7/30/2009 4:31:03 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I got.  Like I said, "Go fly a kite." <g>

Patty

ScottW wrote:
> [...]
> provide.
>

> I hope this email addresses your concerns and clears up any doubts you may
> have. For additional information about this matter please visit the website
> below. Here you will find some of the most commonly asked questions and also
> some suggestions that you may find useful.
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx
>

> If you are unable to reply to this email by clicking on the Reply button,
> please try copying the email address above and pasting it into your
> response. You can also try sending an email to rxmail@css.one.microsoft.com
> making sure to include the case ID XXXXXXXX in the subject line of your
> response so it is properly forwarded to your case for review.
>

>  If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I look forward to
> your reply.
>

> Have a nice day Mr. Waters. Thank you for choosing Microsoft.

7/30/2009 8:15:22 PM
On Jul 30, 4:15=A0pm, Patty MacDuffie <MacDuf...@sendspamhere.com>
wrote:
> [...]
 also
> > some suggestions that you may find useful.
>
> >http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx
>
> > If you are unable to reply to this email by clicking on the Reply butto=
n,
> > please try copying the email address above and pasting it into your
> > response. You can also try sending an email to rxm...@css.one.microsoft=
..com
> > making sure to include the case ID XXXXXXXX in the subject line of your
> > response so it is properly forwarded to your case for review.
>
> > =A0If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I look forw=
ard to
> > your reply.
>
> > Have a nice day Mr. Waters. Thank you for choosing Microsoft.
>
> > Demetrio N. Betancourt
>
> > Microsoft Money Online Support Services- Hide quoted text -

Beside all the canned dialog one important thing was said. They can
extend the online services. I bet it will be free. I am now thinking
that my boxed version of Money 2007 which is scheduled to expire on
September 1, 2009 will just keep running with online services until
January, 2011 if I continue using Money. I may be wrong, but that is
what I am now thinking.
=20
Steve
0
sjcohen730 (458)
7/30/2009 8:55:46 PM
Patty,
Interesting and odd different response.  Is your Money Plus a boxed purchase
or online purchase?  I did purchase mine on-line from Microsoft (download).
Mabye that made a difference in response?  Did you ask directly for an
extension?  That is what I did - basically like - "love MS Money, hate to
see it go - don't want to be forced to leave - could I get an extension in
the date until the end of 2009 or prefereably 2011?".  My reply from MS was
very close to what ScottW posted, but gave the phone number to call to get
the extension.  I would post it, but I doubt calling directly would work, as
they refered to the initial post/email response when I called.  You would
need to have a case open already.  The initial email tells you how to find
and run Extend - and that you should do that prior to calling.  Thus, the
phone call was very short - they didn't walk me through it or anything.

 - Ron

"Patty MacDuffie" <MacDuffie@sendspamhere.com> wrote in message
>I did as suggested and I was not given any opportunity to extend my
>program.  I got a long and involved reply that boiled down to "go fly a
>kite."
>
> Patty
>
> RHinNC wrote:
>> It is Microsoft after all Dick.....what else should we expect from them?
>>
>> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
>> message news:%23MUsBp$DKHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you posted it. I'm disgusted that nobody
>>> from Microsoft has passed this along.
>>>
>>> "Ron Pierce" <ron+MSNews@pierceplace.net> wrote in message

0
MSNews6426 (15)
7/31/2009 1:45:25 AM
I replied to my assigned support rep explaining what it is I want (extended
expiration date) & this is what he sent me...(looks like I'm not the only
one stirring the pot)....

Hi again Mr. xxxxx,

Thanks for your response.
As a matter of fact, earlier today I was on a phone call with another
customer and he told me that he saw information on this on the Money
newsgroups but the only way you could have extended the online services was
by re-purchasing the software, which is something that cannot be done
anymore.
I understand, from a personal and even familiar point of view what this must
mean for you, especially knowing that your profession is accounting. Please
accept my most sincere apolgies for all the inconveniences. If that
information you read is actually true, it is not an official Microsoft
measure and we have no information about it.
I also wanted to let you know that I am leaving my desk and tomorrow is my
day off but I will come back on Sunday, 8/02/09. If you reply during my
absence, I will keep up with you upon my return.
Thank you for choosing Microsoft.
Dmitri N. Betancourt
Microsoft Online Support Services
To provide additional feedback or to explore more support options, please
visit the Microsoft Help and Support Website at:
http://support.microsoft.com/money

On Jul 31, 9:08=A0pm, "SCOTT" <scottw2...@gmail.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> >>http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx
>
> >> If you are unable to reply to this email by clicking on the Reply butt=
on,
> >> please try copying the email address above and pasting it into your
> >> response. You can also try sending an email to
> >> rxm...@css.one.microsoft.com making sure to include the case ID XXXXXX=
XX
> >> in the subject line of your response so it is properly forwarded to yo=
ur
> >> case for review.
>
> >> =A0If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I look for=
ward
> >> to your reply.
>
> >> Have a nice day Mr. Waters. Thank you for choosing Microsoft.
>
> >> Demetrio N. Betancourt
>
> >> Microsoft Money Online Support Services- Hide quoted text -

This Demetrio N. Betancourt who apparently works for Microsoft in
India may find himself out of a job shortly. Too bad. He seems like a
nice guy who is trying to perform customer service. Steve
0
sjcohen730 (458)
8/1/2009 1:26:24 AM
Motherf**ker.

I'll be burning up their phone lines tomorrow on this.  I bought a
copy on June 30th *ONLY* because my installed Money Plus was expiring
in November.

Either they refund it, or I'm charging it back through the credit card
company as fraud.

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:00:02 -0500, "Ron Pierce"
<ron+MSNews@pierceplace.net> wrote:

>FYI: Saw this on the Quicken support forum - converting MS Money section.
>They asked for an extension for expiration, and got it from MS.  To request,
>email Microsoft Support from within MS Money - Help Menu --> Contact Us and
>request an extension to your expiration date.  I did that via email.  They
>replied the next day with an email on how to find the extend.exe and then a
>phone number to call.  They asked for some info and then emailed me an
>extension code.  Plugged it into Extend.exe and I am now good to go out to
>2011.  I was going to expire in 10/2009 otherwise.   I hate to see MS Money
>go, but Thanks MS for the free extension.
>
> - Ron
Scott and others,
I have to say - my response from Microsoft was "official" and they "know"
about it.  My date is now extended from Sept. 2009 until 2011.  In order to
help, I have replied to the last "How did I do..." email asking about this.
I mentioned that I posted the information on making a request to the
newsgroup as well as the fact that a number of you tried to request an
extension and were denied.  I mentioned the posting of the one MS rep that
mentioned that the response was "not an official Microsoft  measure and we
have no information about it."   I asked him to look into the newsgroup
postings and investigate.  I don't know where it will lead.  I also will be
unavailable until Wed or Thur next week.  I will let you all know what I
hear as soon as I can.  Have a good week.

By the way - my original Quicken Community Forum post that prompted me to do
this is here:
https://qlc.intuit.com/post/show_post_full_view/d0MozkEtmr3PMCacfArImM  see
the last response.  I have found a few others as well, but did not take the
time to dig them all up for this posting.

 - Ron

"SCOTT" <scottw2000@gmail.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>>>

>>> I hope this email addresses your concerns and clears up any doubts you
>>> may have. For additional information about this matter please visit the
>>> website below. Here you will find some of the most commonly asked
>>> questions and also some suggestions that you may find useful.
>>>

>>> http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx
>>>

>>> If you are unable to reply to this email by clicking on the Reply
>>> button, please try copying the email address above and pasting it into
>>> your response. You can also try sending an email to
>>> rxmail@css.one.microsoft.com making sure to include the case ID XXXXXXXX
>>> in the subject line of your response so it is properly forwarded to your
>>> case for review.
>>>

>>>  If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I look forward
>>> to your reply.
>>>

>>> Have a nice day Mr. Waters. Thank you for choosing Microsoft.

8/1/2009 2:05:56 PM
Bet you must be very average american. Confusing Dmitri with a hindu
name is an all american star. To a typical american, it normally makes
no difference to an american if it is Perez, Fleischer, Giordano or
Betancourt.  "It sounds different, must be from somewhere else in the
world. Are there any other countries than USA? I can think of errrr
India and...hmm well whatever, something else ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
)" LOL. I also go t a response about the same department and so did a
relative and , yes we got basically the same answer. But what can
repressentatives do about top Microsoft CEOs decisions? Maybe dividing
truth into small pieces and giving it in small dosesYeah, Microsoft
should have let us and them know waaaay before they did on Money's
discontinuation. The representatives may not be required to provide
Amazon.com as a place to buy the product at, especially if they do not
work for them but yet they do because they are trying, from my point
of view, give you hints now that they cannot offer you to purchase the
program because on the other hand they could say "Sorry/goodbye". I
got quicken already..time to move on.
Ron, mine was also a download, and yes, I did ask for an extension.
Moot point now though.  I haven't been on top of the issue for the last
couple of weeks, but just email my Microsoft contact today and he
answered pointing me to the updated information on the website - which
is fantastic! http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx.

Patty

Ron Pierce wrote:
> Patty,
> Interesting and odd different response.  Is your Money Plus a boxed
> purchase or online purchase?  I did purchase mine on-line from Microsoft
> (download). Mabye that made a difference in response?  Did you ask
> directly for an extension?  That is what I did - basically like - "love
> MS Money, hate to see it go - don't want to be forced to leave - could I
> get an extension in the date until the end of 2009 or prefereably
> 2011?".  My reply from MS was very close to what ScottW posted, but gave
> the phone number to call to get the extension.  I would post it, but I
> doubt calling directly would work, as they refered to the initial
> post/email response when I called.  You would need to have a case open
> already.  The initial email tells you how to find and run Extend - and
> that you should do that prior to calling.  Thus, the phone call was very
> short - they didn't walk me through it or anything.
>
> - Ron

0
MacDuffie (35)

cutoff date
To tie adjusted book balance to the GL at a point in time require that a cutoff date be used for reconciliations? Is there any way to reprint the reconciliation report for a particular check book or only by audit code? Thanks! ...

date in cell comment
Hi all, I want to put todays date with a certain format (d-m-yy) in the comment of cell B3. Can't find the proper code. Please help. TIA Jack Sons The Netherlands One way: Public Sub InsertDateInB3() With Range("B3") On Error Resume Next .Comment.Delete On Error GoTo 0 .AddComment Text:=Format(Date, "d-m-yy") End With End Sub In article <eFOqwq6jFHA.576@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Jack Sons" <j.sons@planet.nl> wrote: > Hi all, > > I want to put todays date wi...

Sumifs with data and dates
I need a formula for each item in col A that was added during 2010 only. the spreadsheet will have years of data. A B Expense Date Amount Furniture 1/12/2010 $326.00 Inventory 1/15/2010 $250.00 Utilities 1/15/2010 $98.00 Rent 1/29/2010 $1,000.00 Rent 1/30/2010 $536.00 how can I Sumif with Critera in Col A and only for a specific year? Gary Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Silverlight, WPF, XAML and InnerWorkings Coding Challenge http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f...

getting error out of date range
i am getting an error out of date range when make an appt on a calander ( sending to someone else the are gettign the error ) ...

Showing how much longer for a due date.
I am trying to figure out how to show how much longer someone will have to send a product back if they only have 30 days to return it. I would like the cell to count down from 30-1 and show colors at different stages. Is this possible or am I asking too much? Dear, You need to be more specific on this. Is there any date element associated with this or you are going to enter the date on which someone returns the product back on the scale of 1 to 30 days. Thanks -- Dilip Kumar Pandey MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.) dilipandey@yahoo.com dilipandey@gmail.com New Delhi, India "daddyr" ...

Monthly year to date average
I have scores for given records for a particular date: 3/15/07 67 4/1/07 43 1/15/07 56 I would like to be able to average these scores by month, but have a running total: January 56 February 56 March 61.5 (average 56 & 67) April 55.3 (average 56, 67, and 43) I think I need to use a DAvg function, but it isn't working yet. *IF* you have only ONE record per month, you can try: SELECT a.date, LAST(a.qty), AVG(b.qty) FROM tableName As a INNER JOIN tableName As b ON a.date >= b.date GROUP BY a.date that would give: 1/15/2007 56 56 3/15/2007 67 61.5 4...

Just an FYI, since there doesn't seem to be a solution posted anywhere on the web, at least that I could find. If you want to search using dynamic dates, at least in the case of finding items older than a certain relative date, such as more than 30 days old, I used the following criteria successfully in Outlook 2007: Advanced Find > Advanced (tab) > Field: Sent Condition: On or after Value: 30 days ago ...

writing meeting notes with DAte stamps
I am new to Outlook coming from ACT and trying to understand best way to take notes, attach to contacts and make sure the date is automatically input in notes. I would loveto use one program to manage my contacts, but Act has been very easy to use. -- Pete H what version of outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-...

Change date
I have a rather large list of dates that are in a column and are written first as year then month then day Ex: 20051116. I want to change all of them in a date format like this 11/16/2005 with out retyping each one. I have tried to change the format but excel will not read it. I have tried to make a macro but excel only changed that one cell not the entire column. Please help. On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:29:30 -0700, "Quandary" <Quandary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a rather large list of dates that are in a column and are written >first as year then mont...

calculating dates prior to a given date
Hi. I am trying create a spreadsheet that will have dates listed in one column and have another column list the date 14 days prior to the first column's dates. I'm hoping to then organize the second column ascending from the closest to the furthest date, compared to the current date. If anyone has any help they could provide it would be much appreciated. Thank You. If you have a date in A1 and you want another date in B1 which is 14 days earlier, then put this in B1: =3DA1-14 Copy this formula down, then fix the values by selecting all those cells with the formula ...

Calculating date difference
Hi I need to calculate the number of years of service for person(difference between Start_Date & End_Date). The result should b in terms of years, months and days (all in one single cell). Ca someone please help? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have a look at Chip's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm Andy. "rll" <rll.xjm6a@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rll.xjm6a@excelforum-nospam.com... > &...

how do you keep a column in date form
i'm making a spreedsheet in office excel, in column A I have a list of dates. I would type in 4/5 for an date and excel would automatic change the date to 4-Apr. I like this way, but when I got to cell 26, the change will not happen. I type in 4/5 and I get just the number 1 in the cell, for the rest of the cells down, can someone help me. Copy the cell that has the format you like and paste format it to the cells that you want to have the date format. "s2m2" <s2m2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F350F90F-24B9-4B79-BE39-20AB0414015D@microsoft.com......

Date Modified changed Money 2005
I am not sure what is going on. After I closed the Microsoft money file for the night about 2 hours later I noticed that the time change of when the files was last updated. Example. I ran the Program and money file at 8 pm. I was done by 8:30 pm. but I noticed it chaged the date of last modified to 10 pm. Sould I be worried that someone might be hacking in to my system? how can I tell who last accessed the file and where from? is Microsoft sending updates to my passport acount with out me knowing it? please help me out. Should I be worried? Thank you Mike H Have you a Pocket PC...

Adding text and date problem
I have text in column 1, a date in column 2 and in column 3 I wish to show the text followed by the date. I have tried both Concatenate and & but the the result is text followed by the underlying number representing the date. I cannot seem to format this column to show the date as dd/mm/yy. Any suggestions? Regards ="Today is: "&TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "newman" <aa111@despammed.com> wrote in message news:464C1646.AC6A42E0@despammed.com... |I have text in column 1, a date in column 2 and in column...

date in register from epay
When sending an epay on a specified date it does not post in my register on that specified date. It shows a date 6 days prior to the requested date. How can this date be shown on the specified date? I expect epay does this for a reason. Nonetheless, you can always overtype the date with whatever you wish. "John Vanek" <vanekjohn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38d701c3e362$9ebd92b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When sending an epay on a specified date it does not post > in my register on that specified date. It shows a date 6 > days prior to the requested date. How can...

Autoformat dates and times
Hi, I have a workbook with two columns. In the formula bar of one of the cells i have 2005040101700 (YearMonthDateHoursMinutes), but what shows in the cell is 2.00504E+11 When I try to format the cell as yyyymmddhhmm I get ########### and when I put the cursor over the cell with ############### it says that negative dates and times are shown this way. How can I make this work? Thanks. Allison Allison, I'm hoping that your actual value is different: 2005040101700 doesn't make sense: year 2005 month 04 day 01 hour 01 minutes 70 seconds 0 Perhaps it's really 200504010...

Account list view up to current date?
I'm using MS Money Plus Deluxe. I often enter in income/expenses far in advance so I can see how things will play out. Account list is my main view and gets distorted since it is taking into account future events. The portfolio view has a nice feature in that it can show only up to the current date and not any future events, such as future retirement contributions I've entered. Is there a way to make the account list do that? Or, is there some way I can see both scenarios without having to maintain two Money files? Bills | Forecast Cash Flow? Beyond that, no. You could not enter...

post date benefit changes
Hello: In either GP 9.0 or 10.0, is it possible to post-date changes to employee benefit codes in payroll for changes in amounts? There is the Start Date field in Employee Benefit Maintenance. But, this cannot be used for post-dating changes as the next payroll run that you conduct (if before the start date) will not use the benefit code. Is there a third-party that will do this? childofthe1980s GP Payroll does not support post-dated deductions/benefits. The Advanced HR module provides the ability to do effective dating on HR benefits and, by extension, Payroll deductions and benefi...

Table calculations. Season from Date in Hunting Harvest Database.
I am trying to set up a hunting harvest database. I would like to add a column to the original data table that automatically calculates the hunting season, which is based on a specific harvest timeframe. Each harvest record entry has a specific date. For example, when a record of a deer harvested on 12-3-2007 is entered; I want the database to calculate that the date occurred during the fall 2007 season. Thus, I want 2007 to be automatically entered for this record in a separate column. However, our seasons last into the new year, so if for example a record is entered of a ...

Error in registry for extension "Exchange Extensions"
Hi Guys When I try and load Outlook 2003 on a users machine I get the above error message which appears 4 times then let you in to Outlook. I have tried to repair office but it fails plus I cannot uninstall office via the cd or add remove programs or from the detect and repair option in help. i get an IO error. Does anyone have any ideas how i should fix this? Cheers Dan Two thoughts... 1) delete the file named extend.dat while outlook and all e-mail enabled apps are closed. start outlook and see if you get the error. if you still do, proceed to "2" 2) launch regedit ...

How do I convert eml extensions for use in forum
I have big problem with things I want to share in a forum I belong to. Often what comes to my email is eml or like today, a picture with bmp extension, I can't use these on the forum and for the life of me cannot figure out how to change them! I could really use some easy to understand instructions! thanks so much! On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:46:11 -0800, TM <TM@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:>I have big problem with things I want to share in a forum I belong to. >Often what comes to my email is eml or like today, a picture with bmp >extension, I can't use these on the fo...

report date range
I have a report that will display data from an inventory transaction history form. There I would enter in the date and several other criteria. After doing so I filter the form to my selection and then print my report. I wanted the date range that is on the form to print on the report. I hvae done this in several other reports and never had a problem until now. I'm getting #NAME. The form is still open upon viewing the report. On the report I have a text box with the logic of: ="Report Date Between: " & [Forms]![frmInvTransactionHistory]![BegtDate] & " and &...

Calculate Due Date?
I need a formula that will calculate a due date 10 days from the start date (a1)but if the date falls on a weekend or holiday I need the date to be the next working day. I will have a list of holidays in J2:J50. Thanks for any help.......... -- HTH Bob Phillips "Randy" <ranmcc@msn.com> wrote in message news:1121099149.930051.258040@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I need a formula that will calculate a due date 10 days from the start > date (a1)but if the date falls on a weekend or holiday I need the date > to be the next working day. > > I will have a...

date and time calculations in Excel 2003
Example: H6=01/14/2010 16:45 A6=12/31/2009 12:15 I want to get the difference between January 14th 2010 at 16:45 and December 31, 2009 at 12:15. Ideally, it would be days, hours and minutes. Like this==> ddd:hh:mm The formula is: =h6-a6 Use a custom format of: dd:hh:mm Regards, Fred "CJ" <CJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D38B37F-ED29-499E-A05E-F1682FF9F153@microsoft.com... > Example: > H6=01/14/2010 16:45 > A6=12/31/2009 12:15 > > I want to get the difference between January 14th 2010 at 16:45 and > D...

In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date?
In Excell-2000 where do I set format for date? In some tables I have it in dd/mm/yy, but in the others mm/dd/yy How do I change mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yy? On my w2k Pro, Control Paned date format is set to dd/mm/yy yout it does not seem to affect Excel Hi If you select the cells with the dates in mm/dd/yy and go Format>Cells and in the dialog that opens, go for the Number tab, you can select the Date formats and choose whichever one suits or select Custom and type dd/mm/yy into the Type box. This will change the formatting of your dates. Hope this helps! Richard On 28 Jan, 16:34, &q...