Date errors upgrading

I just transfered data from an older version of Microsoft
money to the new version that came loaded on my new
computer.  All my entries for the years 2000-2003
transfered as 1900, 1901, 1902, and 1903.  Therefore all
deposits, checks, etc. show way out of sequence. Is there
any "quick" fix methods to change these dates.  I really
don't want to waste DAYS literally changing every date for
those 4 years of entries.  Thanks Cindy
0
ranshawc (2)
9/14/2003 3:00:16 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

What are the old/new versions involved? This seems very odd and has never
been reported before--it seems likely that this would have been if it were
some generic problem..

In microsoft.public.money, Cindy wrote:

>I just transfered data from an older version of Microsoft
>money to the new version that came loaded on my new
>computer.  All my entries for the years 2000-2003
>transfered as 1900, 1901, 1902, and 1903.  Therefore all
>deposits, checks, etc. show way out of sequence. Is there
>any "quick" fix methods to change these dates.  I really
>don't want to waste DAYS literally changing every date for
>those 4 years of entries.  Thanks Cindy

I was not able to duplicate your problem on Money 04. :-)

I was using Windows XP.

The real cure, if you are moving from the same-country version, is
to convert the old file. You don't need to use QIF. Just copy the
old .mny file to the new computer and open it in Money. Also a
restore backup will work most of the time.

If you do need to use QIF and for some reason your system works
differently, you could modify the QIF files with a macro editor and
import them into a new file. In XP Help, if you search on "two digit
date" without the quotes, there is an item called "Specify how your
computer interprets two-digit years". However unless somebody
changed the rollover date on your machine, the problem should not
have occurred.

But still, I suggest converting the old file; it will bring over
things that the QIF can not.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
9/14/2003 2:54:33 PM
The old version was Money '98 on Windows 95, the new one
says Money98 also on windows Xp.

0
ranshawc (2)

Error Code :0x80040605
Outlook asked me to upgrade the Connector when i choose to repair, nothing happened except that my email account could not sign in and when i choose remove the outlook connector automatically removed. Troubleshooting Outlook Hotmail Connector - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.htm#hm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

type double error?
I am doing some math using doubles and some trig functions ( sin cos etc) and debugging with a watch on the result. On one line the result is calculated as res = x + sin(a); and if I put a breakpoint there when it stops a is correct, x is correct but res contains "-1.#IND000000000000". I looked in the help but can't find out what causes the #IND in my double. Ron H. x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD Ron H wrote: > I a...

Protection error
Someone shared and protected a workbook that I created. I went to Tools>Sharing and unshared the workbook. Now when I try to make changes and save them I get an error that says "You must first unprotect the document". When I try to do this, however, the unprotect option on the Tools>Protection menu is not available. I have noticed that it says [Group] in the title bar. How do i turn that option off? If Tools|Protection|Unprotect Sheet is greyed out, you have to ungroup first. [Group] in the title bar means that you have multiple sheets selected. You can rightclick on ...

due date function
I try to make function for due payment. When I made copy file and then drag down the formula and it's succed. But for the cell that I not fill yet has due date also. How to make that cell became 0 (zero) if not fill the cell yet. example : A1 A2 19/8/05 =A1+30 - 30/01/00 - 30/01/00 Thanks Lando =IF(C5=""; "" ;C5+30) Explanation detail if ([logical test] c5 equals ""; then [result if true] ""; else [result if false] c5+30) Explanation brief if c5 eq...

OWA 2003 Log Off Button gives HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error message. Everything else seems to be working fine. There's a KB about this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97769784-4AA2-4445-A0AA-86E0581681A1@microsoft.com... > When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error > message. > Everything else seems to be working fine. Ed, I did a search in the Knowledge Base and found nothing!!!! Help! Warren ...

Date datatype in my schema
I have created a simple XML document, generated a schema from it (which Visual Studio makes everything a string element). I then went through and changed all fields that are dates to the Date data type. Now, when I use the datagrid to edit the data in the XML file and then switch back to the raw XML text date, the dates are formatted like this "1973-10-27T00:00:00.0000000-06:00" and not as I expected, which are supposed to be a simple date, such as "1973-10-27" as per the W3C spec. Also, when I validate the document, it fails on all date elements with this error: C:\Doc...

How can I autofill dates having a blank cell between each day?
Hi Dee, Enter a date in cell A1 (eg 5/13/08), enter the next day's date in cell A3 (eg 5/14/08). Select cells A1 trough to A4 (ie select two dates and two blank cells). See the little dot at the bottom right of the selection rectangle? Click on that (the cursor will change to a cross when you are over the right spot) and drag it down as far as you want. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

Date Problems
Dear Microsoft: Since we all know that the cost of a 1st class stamp is going to go up, I thought I would plot the cost over time. http://www.nonprofitmailers.org/tools/ratehist.htm 1. I formatted a column as DATE, but the 3 dates prior to 1900 that I entered as x-x-xxxx were not recognized by Excel as dates. (??!!???!). When I reentered them as x/x/xxxx Excel recogized July 1, 1885, but not the other 2. (Huh?) 2. So then I charted the dates and the costs as a line chart, the costs are displayed ok. The dates are displayed on the x-axis, but the dates are equidistant. That's...

Can't set Date Properties.
I am working with data that has dates set as text. So in a query I am using a variable that sets the text to a date suing CDATE. At least I thought it did. I notice that in forms etc when I try to set the date property to long, medium etc, there is nothing to choose so presumably it is not a date after all! Any idea what I'm doing wrong please. Cheers. Roger --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.673 / Virus Database: 435 - Release Date: 01/05/2004 Sorted. I hadn't set the function as a date. Well I am n...

Service Call SQL Object creation error #2
Hi, I am trying to configure Service Call Management, and when I execute the step to set up permissions for the GP users who can perform service call escalations (i.e Tools \ Setup \ Project \ Service Setup \ Service button \ SQL Objects button - Set permissions for Sql Objects for Escalation, then I get the following error: 'An error occurred executing add group statements'. When I click OK the next error is: 'The role FSSQLJOB does not exist in the current database.' I am on GP10 and am doing this in the Fabrikam database. Thanks Neil You will want to run the follow...

Exchange 2007 Error Updating Free/Busy Information
Here's the Message we're receiving in our event log. The Messaging environment was moved from Exchange 2000 to 2007. "Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine EXCHSVR. The error number is 0x80040115" This error looks like it started after the DST Time change. Any ideas? ...

Open Spreadsheet--Formatting Changed to Date??
I opened my spreadsheet and some, but not all of the columns on every sheet in the workbook has changed to a date format. I opened other spreadsheets and there was no change. Can anyone explain this. It's a real pain to deal with. ...

Excel 2003 giving annoying "Send/Don't Send" error when closing
I am accessing an instance of Excel 2003 through a Codegear C++ program I'm writing. The code looks something like this (not that it really matters all that much): TExcelApplication* ea = new TExcelApplication(this); ea->Connect(); ExcelWorkbookPtr ewbPtr = ea->get_ActiveWorkbook(); // do stuff... ewbPtr.Release(); delete ea; ea = 0; I can connect to Excel and write to it just fine. However, when I try to disconnect from it and close/delete the Excel application instance, I get an annoying Excel error message that says, "Excel has encountered a problem and...

Publisher Error
I am running Windows ME and re-installed MS Office Premium 2000. Word runs okay, so does Excel, and PowerPoint, but I tried to Open and run Publisher and I get the following Publisher Error Message: Publisher cannot load the required file (ptxt9.dll). You may be out of memory, or the file may be corrupt. Please someone help me. I even went and disabled some start-up programs to free-up some system resources so I have enough to start programs such as Publisher and Corel Draw. I ran Publisher before I did the re-install and I never had any problems. Thanks Leo PUB2000 Error Message: Publish...

Setting default date system to 1900 versus 1904
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I work in a large corporation that uses excel 100 times a day. My issue is that most of the files we work with are created on Win platform which defaults to the 1900 date system. When I create on the Mac, it defaults to the 1904 date system. I realize I can change the date format in preferences on an individual basis but is there anyway to set the default to 1900 versus me having to remember to go to preferences every time on each individual sheet? Thx On 3/4/09 9:22 AM, in article 59b6e6ef.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,...

Outlook 2003 - Line 227
A customer of mine is attempting to printer HTML based email and receives the following error: ---- Error A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 227 Error: The specified module could not be found. ---- I have uninstalled and re-installed (with all options) Office 2003. Attempted to print a Text based email, and it printed without any issue. Attempted to print and HTML based email, and I would get this error. Downloaded and updated all available MS Office updates. Same results. Removed all of the HP software for the printer. Downloaded and installed the latest version of...

Dates in the Footer
I know how to insert a date in the footer of a document, but wondering if Word can automatically change the date of ONLY a page in a document that is updated...not the entire document. Would be very helpful to know when certain info is updated, but also to keep the last time other pages were updated. Thanks for any advice. JT On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:04:01 -0700, JT <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know how to insert a date in the footer of a document, but wondering if >Word can automatically change the date of ONLY a page in a document that is >u...

UPGRADING COMPUTER
I recently upgraded from OS-ME w/outlook 2000 to XP- professional w/outlook 2000 and when I synchronized for the first time, I lost the colors i programmed under the "organize" section of my ibox. I should mention that i have a exchange server. I'm sure that on my old computer there is a file that contains the "colors" that I can import into my new computer. Please advise. Thanks Mike ...

RDLC 2008 Error in print layout mode
Hi I have converted a local report in a windows form application from VisualStudio 2008 to VisualStudio 2010. In the report viewer the report is correctly visualized, but, sometimes, in print layout (or if i print the report) I obtain this exception: "An error has occurred during report processing" "Index was outside the bounds of the array". The report is binding to a object data source, if i delete some object from my data source the error disappear. Thank in advance Giorgio Hi Giorgio, Is your object in your data source shared by multiple thread...

Error while synchronizing outlook
Hi there, I have created a new account/contact/opportunity in offline mode. When I go to online (clicking the "go Online" buttong in outlook toolbar), I am getting "The specified domain logon name already exists. You must use a unique domain logon name or open the user record that is using this name already" error. We are about to make a decision on buying the MS CRM solution, and the main factor for choosing MS CRM is the Offline capability. How to fix this error, so that I can show a working demo to my VP?. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Ed ...

Error Messages #4
I just bought a computer that has Windows XP and I installed my Office XP programs. At least 20 to 30 times a day when I am using Outlook 2002, I get an error message that asks me to send the info to Microsoft and then I lose the e-mail address or address that I had typed in the new message I was about to send Does any one know what is happening? How about telling us what the message is that you got? Error messages are there for a reason, not just for annoyance and we arent the Amazing Kreskin. :-) First, you should read the error message and attend to that. Taen that should solve your pro...

Error message in Outlook #9
I have just got a blackberry and am trying to set up outlook to use with it. I have had my computer 5 years, but never tried to use outlook before. When I click on it, I get the following error message: "The extension configuration file c:\Program Files\microsoft office\office\addins\fldpub.ecf could not be installed. There is an error in the syntex or format of the file" This is then followed by "Unable to alter your defualt email folders. Create a new profile, make it your default by selecting it, and then clicking Always use this Profile". When I try to open th...

Exchange 200 to 2003 upgrade
We are planning an upgrade of our Exchange 2000 systems to Exchange 2003. The current Exchage 2000 systems are 2 node clusters Active/Passive and the upgrade will be done by evicting an Exchange 2000 node and then rejoining a Windows 2003/ Exchange 2003 server to the cluster with shared storage. Has anyone done this and what is their experience in regards to how long the Exchange DB upgrade may take (in general/ your experience in relation to size of DB)? Also as to what the best PerfMon counters are to watch during the upgrade process. Any and all help is appreciated Mike You might be b...

notes section and date
hello, Does anyone know how to add the createdon field to the notes section? I see that it is available in the deployment manager under annotation. I can't figure out where I need to go or what I need to do to get the column to show up. Also, does anyone know how to make the topic field not mandatory? Thanks, Jen ...

Microsoft Money 2001 Runtime error
I am getting the following runtime error when I try to start Microsoft Money 2001 Deluxe using Windows XP. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Product support no longer supports this version. Money: Runtime Error! Program C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT MONEY\SYSTEM\MSMONEY.EXE This application required the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Try the steps in the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305254&Product=mny "Tracie" <traciemjordan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a84201c435fd$2f7b6330$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I a...