Credit Card entries

I have read some of the posts after I Searched this topic,
but I am still too dense to understand how to do credit
cards.  I have read how to do it in the Money Help, but
when I actually do it I always end up looking as if I owe
bazillions.

Here are the factors that complicate their simple
directions:
*I like to input my data each week, not monthly when I get
my statement.  I think if I set it up correctly that I
could still do this, but durned if I know how.
*Each month I pay off my credit card, usually not just the
balance shown but however much I've accrued by the date
that I send off the check.
*I do use split transactions, but then when it comes time
to actually fork over the bucks, I seem to trhow it into a
panic b/c I don't know how to tell it that it's a credit
card payment as well as all those transactions.

Can somebody walk me step by step through the way in which
I should set this up to work for my peculiar habits?
0
anonymous (74722)
1/6/2004 9:18:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Confused wrote:

>I have read some of the posts after I Searched this topic,
>but I am still too dense to understand how to do credit
>cards.  I have read how to do it in the Money Help, but
>when I actually do it I always end up looking as if I owe
>bazillions.
>
>Here are the factors that complicate their simple
>directions:
>*I like to input my data each week, not monthly when I get
>my statement.  I think if I set it up correctly that I
>could still do this, but durned if I know how.

Enter your purchase transactions into the register using your credit
card slips. Some credit cards let you download transactions
throughout the month. That is my preference.

>*Each month I pay off my credit card, usually not just the
>balance shown but however much I've accrued by the date
>that I send off the check.

OK... So look at the You Owe balance at the bottom of the register

>*I do use split transactions, but then when it comes time
>to actually fork over the bucks, I seem to trhow it into a
>panic b/c I don't know how to tell it that it's a credit
>card payment as well as all those transactions.

Enter your payment as a transfer from checking to the credit card
account. The Category will be Transfer.

>Can somebody walk me step by step through the way in which
>I should set this up to work for my peculiar habits?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/6/2004 9:29:04 PM
Thanks so much, Cal.  I use my cc's online account center
quite frequently to keep up w/ my balance, but -duh!-
never thought of downloading.  I do my MS$ on a different
computer, but I could probably figure out how to download
on this one and then transfer to the bookkeeping one. I
guess I'm too slow to have figured out the "Transfer"
funciton for that purpose; thanks for boosting my learning
curve!
0
anonymous (74722)

Invoice Payment Entry Screen Accelerator keys not working correctl
Our organization upgraded from GP7.0 to GP 8.0 last weekend. Our receivables assistant indictates that the accelerator key sequence Alt+I is not working correctly with GP 8.0 on the Sales Invoice Payment Entry screen since the upgrade. Using the Alt+I sequence with GP 8.0 brings up inquiry from the top line menu instead of the insert option within the invoice payment entry screen. Any ideas on how to resolve this problem? I did not find an entry in CustomerSource... Any help is appreciated! Murphy Because of the new menu, you'll need to use Alt+I+I to use the Insert button. T...

Problem with duplicate entries after sorting
I have a problem that has stumped me and I was hoping someone could hel me out. I have data in rows 2 through 15 with a header row and the blank rows until row 51. After I sort the data, I am getting duplicat entries for the data that was oirginally in rows 2 through 15, but th data that was orignially in rows 51 through 500 is fine. Only a coupl get duplicated, not all of them. Here is my code.... Cells.Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("B2") _ , Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:= _ False, Orienta...

count number of entries in cell
Hi, I am trying to count the number of entries in a cell. For eg in cel A15..I have rat,cat,mat,fat....The function should return 4. Is there inbuilt function to do that or what would a macro to do that loo like. Thanks, M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are all your entries separatet by a comma. If yes try =LEN(A15)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A15,",",""))+1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I am trying to count the number of entries in a cell. For eg in cell > A15..I have rat,cat,mat,fat....The function should return 4. Is the...

Tracking & updating Multiple Credit Cards from the same bank
I know this issue is covered within this discussion group. I have tried the suggestions presented without success. So, I'd like to vent my frustrations with MS Money 2006 Deluxe and beg for mercy. Help! Between my wife and I, we have 4 credit card accounts with one bank. Capital One. I am able to successfully set up 2 of the 4 accounts in MS Money 2006 Deluxe. On one occasion, I set up 3 successfully. When I attempted to set up the 4th credit card account from the same bank, MS Money 2006 Deluxe modified the 3rd credit card account settings with data I was entering for the ...

A design in Publisher for table tent place cards
I'm looking for a design in Publisher for something I can use for table tent place cards. My version is 2003 and I'm having no luck. Can you help? Did you look at the Office web site. There are templates and thousands of clipart images. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/FX101321031033.aspx?pid=CL100570201033 "mgs4real" <mgs4real@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F95D9025-D378-49E1-AE52-7AD2000D0362@microsoft.com... > I'm looking for a design in Publisher for something I can use for table > tent > place cards. My version is 20...

Import Customizations Fail, Attribute Map show entry that shouldn'
Greetings, This is issue is regarding an issue importing and exporting customizations to and from CRM 4.0. I have been troubleshooting why my development CRM customizations export file does not import properly into my production CRM instance. I am unable to import due to attribute mappings issues between my lead entities and my account entities. I have discovered there exists attribute mappings in my customization.xml exports file between these two entities that are not showing up in the entity mapping between these to entities within the CRM program. As a result, some fields are be...

Time Card Report #2
Does anyone know if there is a more user friendly template for Time Card report ? We pay employees every 2 weeks and whenever I run a 2 week report, it only shows one date and below this date it sums up 2 dates of cumulative time worked instead of showing the isolated 2 dates. In other words, under a Monday 5/1, it will show 15 hours which actually means that the person worked cumulatively 15 hours on Monday 5/1 AND Monday 5/8... but Time Card report doesn't show the 5/8 separately which is quite confusing and invonvenient. Any help would be highly appreciated! Here is an addit...

How do I remove electronic business cards from the 'insert busine.
I have electronic cards added by mistake in the dropdown list. I would like to undo them. ...

Access Data Entry Question
Data entry question in Access: Assume you have three columns: One, Two, and Three When column One = A and Column Two = B, is it possible to auto populate column Three with C? My real life example of what I am trying to do is… I enter grocery products into a database and then categorize them. So we products that repeat themselves, like Lean Cuisine Frozen Single Serve Entrees. I first enter Lean Cuisine, and then Frozen, and then Frozen Single-Serve. I’m would like to save a couple key strokes and have it auto populate the last one or two fields. So every time I enter Lean Cuisin...

delete the extra space at the end of an entry
It seems the same text with an extra space is considered as a different text when using formulas. I need to get rid of the space, but if I search by "text example here ", I get "text example here" (no space at the end). Is there a quick way to get rid of the space for each cell? thanks, The TRIM function removes extra spaces. In a helper cell =TRIM(cellref) Or it may be the dreaded non-breaking space which TRIM and CKEAN won't see. In that case, select the data and Edit>Replace What: Alt + 0160 (typed on the numpad) With: nothing ...

Uk Ireland Integrated Chip and Pin Credit cards with RMS. Over We
Are any other users of RMS in Ireland or the UK Familar with the CommXL Company See http://www.commsxl.com/article.php?article_id=36 We are using their Smart C Card lite to process Chip and Pin Credit Cards in RMS Through a Pin Pad that is connected to RMS and is integrated into the EPOS. Are any users having issues with Staff double tapping a process button and therfore losing certain card transactions. I have spoken to CommXL about this problem and I still have no solution. kind regards, Michael. ...

Entry Table not Showing
When I right click the top left cell (above row 1 and to the left of column 1) it displays a list of tables. Every table except the Entry table changes. Is there a bug or a setting I need to fix? Is is because you are already on the Table entry - which table is ticked? -- Regards, Ben. "Michael Jansen" wrote: > When I right click the top left cell (above row 1 and to the left of column > 1) it displays a list of tables. > > Every table except the Entry table changes. Is there a bug or a setting I > need to fix? When I click entry, it does ...

Microsoft Outlook Journal Entries
I cannot get outlook Journal to automatically record all the entries for Word, Powerpoint and Excel. I have already checked the box under Tools, Options, Journal Options, but still it is not recording any entries. Any solutions? ...

RtlIpv4StringToAddressW entry failure on 2000
Hi, I am trying to make a piece of software I write compatible with Windows 2000, however, when ran the standard importer error is displayed saying that the entry point to RtlIpv4StringToAddressW cannot be found in ntdll.dll. I have used #define set to 0x500 for each version (NT, 32, IE) yet still the problem persists. It seems to be an internal function, Google haseth very little on the subject. Can anyone help? -- - Mark Randall http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who ...

How to delete single autocomplete entry
Hi there. We're running Outlook 2002 in a WinXP Pro environment (no Exchange server). I need to delete an autocomplete entry; however, there is only one entry, so I can't use the "Select from the two (or more) and press delete on the inappropriate entry" method. That is, as the user types up the name, she is not given a list of choices; only one name is near the email address, so it automatically fills in. Is there any way to get rid of such a single autocomplete entry? Thanks. When you type one letter it still doesn't fill the box but "hangs" unde...

counting unique entries in a list
Hey Guys! I was wondering if someone could help me. I am trying to write a script that goes parses through an excel file that contain iventory information. I already wrote code to cover most of the functionality I am trying to do, but I am having some difficulty with respect to two areas. 1) The lists vary in length so some 10 records others have 500 records. Is there an easy way to do a loop to the last element in the list? Like... for n=1 to sheet.end or something like that? (I do not want to manually change the bounds for each list.) 2) I am also finding it difficult to automatical...

Can I import calendar entries from windows mail to outlook
I was able to import email messages and contacts, but can't figure out how to import calendar items--can it be done? You can export from Windows Mail to an ics-file which you can import in Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44A217BA-343A-4CAC-A0F3-F650375731A6@microsoft.com... > I was able to impor...

Duplicate entries
I have a table tbl_Cost. In my form I have a combo box (cmb_Year) and a textbox (Text7). Now the control source of Text 7 is =DLookUp("[COSTYear]","[tbl_COSTAPPEND]","[cmb_Year] =[COSTYear] ") The rowsource of the cmb_Year is SELECT tbl_YEAR.YEARID, tbl_YEAR.YEAR FROM tbl_YEAR; On the After update event of this combo box I have the following code; Me.Refresh If Me.cmb_Year = Me.Text7 Then MsgBox ("Duplicate") End If Now if I select the year 2007 from cmb_Year then Text 7 will also display 2007, but if i select 2008 from cmb_Year then Text 7 will be...

With-in one workbook I am trying to link several spreadsheets� entries into one colum
I have one spreadsheet titled "Collections" and another titled "Customer Service." The last spreadsheet is titled "Resources." Each spreadsheet has every day of the year listed in column A1 down. My goal is that if any entry (like the name Chuck) is made into any cell(s) - other than the dated cells - on Training 1 &/or 2 that entry is populated into a specific column on the Resource spreadsheet. In other words: I want the entry �Chuck� in E10 on the Collection spreadsheet to populate in B10 on the Resource spreadsheet. I want the entry �Chuck� in C22 on...

Credit Card questions for Dynamics GP or SBF
Credit Card questions for Dynamics GP or SBF I enter a payables bill for vendor ABC and pay the bill with credit card (by entering amount in the credit card field). When posting the ABC bill, a payment is also posted for the ABC bill and another bill is generated for the XYZ credit card company. Is there any field in the database that links the ABC payment to the XYZ bill? I know there is no field at the UI level but I am looking at the database level. -- Japheth Nolt Landis Computer www.landiscomputer.com PC Sales, Service & Helpdesk Certified Network Installation & Ser...

Issues with Adding Best Buy Credit Card Account
Is anyone else having issues adding Best Buy, or any other account? I have tried this for over 2 months and I get an error message that says it's not available. it works for me, except is offers very vague catagory and item info which i manually change.. dont know how to help you though.. "PapaBear" wrote: > Is anyone else having issues adding Best Buy, or any other account? I have > tried this for over 2 months and I get an error message that says it's not > available. ...

Credit check in GP
GP sales module can automatically place an order on hold if the customer is above his credit limit. It will give a warning if the customer has balances over a user defined aging period. Is there anyway to put an order on hold if the customer has balances over a user defined aging period? Jamrock, Actually it’s not! We have developed a tool in our company to achieve this goal, please check the tool technicalities below: http://www.greatpbs.com/Objects/Documents/CustomersHoldsManagement.pdf Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package ...

Entry of Interest Only Mortgage into Money 2007
I need help creating an account in Money 2007 for my interest only mortgage. Money automatically calculates a principle and interest entry for me that is inaccurate, because the principle balance does not change unless I make an additional payment, which I do some times. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, FiscusTJ@gmail.com wrote: >I need help creating an account in Money 2007 for my interest only >mortgage. Money automatically calculates a principle and interest >entry for me that is inaccurate, because the principle balance does >not change u...

Problems running credit cards when using a router
We have recently set up POS and our EDC info. We use a cable modem for our broadband connection. Credit card processing when the POS computer is connected directly to the modem. When connected through our router, it can't connect to Vital. Is there a specific port that needs to be open? I can't find a list of ports. I've tried adding the IP for the POS machine to DMZ, but even that does not work. (another oddity is that our router gets a completely different IP address on the WAN then the POS machine does when connected to the modem) This is a multi-part message in MIME fo...

Money 2007 and FIA Card Services Credit Card
I am starting to use my first credit card where Money does not get transactions from a bank directly. When I set up the FIA Card Services credit card (seems to be supported, it's in the list), it says it has to turn on MSN Money support - which I accepted. When it tries to update account info though, it gets my user/password (which I verified works on the site, I can even pay my bill there), and then after about 10 seconds reports back " Your accounts couldn't be updated with information from your bank or brokerage." Things I have done: 1. Live ID is good - tried on ...