creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

I am helping a friend who has 98.  I need to make a
backup of info on my 2002 for him to use on 98.  Any
suggestions as to how to do this?

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

M98 can't read any file written by M02 besides .QIF import. M02 can't write
any file readable by M98 except for .QIF export.

Sounds like QIF export/import is your only choice. I suspect you will find
this doesn't do what you want.

"Carlotte" <Carlotta41@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am helping a friend who has 98.  I need to make a
> backup of info on my 2002 for him to use on 98.  Any
> suggestions as to how to do this?

out of office assistant in Outlook 2002?
I have outlook 2002 for small business and the tools menu doesn't have the out of office assistant and I can't get the exchange add-in to work. Can anyone suggest what the problem/solution is to finding or adding the out of office assistant? two things must happen before you see the out of office assistant 1) the exchange extensions must be enabled under tools | options | other | advanced options | addin manager and 2) you must connect to a microsoft exchange server via the exchange transport "mbrown" <mjb@mjbrownlaw.com> wrote in message news:04c601c36c3c$4b5f...

Money 2002
After going online to download account activity, Money tried to match two transactions (from two different payees and two different amounts). I thought I had differentiated that they were two separate transactions. Now everytime I receive an online transacation from this payee (Rite Aid) Money always assigns it to the other (incorrect) payee. How can I get this back on track. -- Brose (tired, busted, disgusted, and can't be trusted) In microsoft.public.money, "Brose" <aprice1215@adelphia.net.(donotspam)> wrote: >After going online to download account activity,...

outlook 2002/lotus 6.1
Is there a way to import a Lotus 6.1 file to Outlook? I am running Outlook 2002, which seems to recognize Lotus only through version 5.x. Is there an upgrade to Outlook 2002? Do I need to get Outlook 2003? Thank you. What file formats does Lotus 6.1 support for export? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: deborah <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Is there a way to import a Lotus 6.1 file to Outlook? I | am running Outlook 2002, which seems to recogn...

Money 2007 Bills Suggestion
I just recently upgraded to Money 2007 Deluxe from Money 2004 and found one of my favorite functions had been removed: the ability to highlight multiple bills at once to see how those bills would affect my cash flow. In other words, I could highlight all the bills due during a pay period to see how much money I'd have left over after paying those bills. In Money 2007 it appears as though this functionality has been removed. This seems like a very simple "bug" to fix. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions w...

Font sizes not saving (W2007 opening document originally created in W2003)
Hello, I have a 375 page document originally created in W2003 (or perhaps W2000). It was creeated with a Normal style of TNR 10 pt. Everytime I open it I have to change the font size from 11 pt back to 10 pt. When I modify, the radio button for "Only in this document" is checked but the changes don't keep. I really don't want to change my Normal template for new documents, but I'd like the font size to be retained. Am I missing something simple or do I have to mess with templates? Thanks, CJ This should not be happening unless you have "Automat...

Creating a rule with people not in contacs
I haven't been able to find a way to create a rule where I forward the incoming email to someone not in the contact list. I want to immediately forward certain spam to the ISP's abuse email address (aol, yahoo, etc). I see no reason to have to add those addresses to my contact list, yet I see no way to do it without adding. When I get to the dialog for forwarding it tells me to type an address or find it in the list. However, if I type an address not on the list it won't let me add that name. Using help I've found out how to build a rule on an inbound email address not in my ...

US Data File in UK Money
If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't want to have to re-input hundreds of items. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "Keith" <@.> wrote: >If I have Money data in a US-verion (2004) data file, and then buy the >latest UK version will I be able to open my old US-version data file in it? > >If not, will the data export and import from one to the other as I don't >want t...

Remove stock price history in Money '03?
Hi, I have been using several versions of Money for several years now. Is it possible to remove any of the historical quotes shown in the "Update Price" window when working with "Update Prices" in your Portfolio. Does several years worth of price information increase the .mny file size? Thanks, MD. In microsoft.public.money, md wrote: > >I have been using several versions of Money for several years now. Is it >possible to remove any of the historical quotes shown in the "Update Price" >window when working with "Update Prices" in your Po...

Money 2004
Hi I am running Money 2004 Financial Suite. My home page displays a list of the most used accounts with the current balance of each. I have recently noticed that the displayed balance of one of the accounts does not match the actual balance of the account. All other accounts displayed seem correct. I would appreciate information on how to troubleshoot this. I have tried File/Repair, both standard and advanced, without success. -- Regards John M Home page includes debits and credits that haven't yet happened. Have a look at the account register and there is a thick black line a...

Date Range on Report in Money 2003
I have a favorite report in Money 2003 which lists scheduled payments within a range of dates. My file was upgraded from Money 2000. I used to have the problem of the report omitting many of the scheduled transactions within the date range. That was fixed by running the Salvage program. Now the problem is the other way around: the report shows transactions BEYOND the date range, as well as those within. Is there a fix for that? I still have the Salvage program. :-) Thanks, Elliott ...

"Reply" closes Outlook 2002
I have Outlook 2002. It opens fine, mail downloads, I can read it, delete it. But, if I hit reply, Outlook immediately closes, no error message, no warning. This is intermittent, which is even more frustrating. No new updates lately, don't know what the deal is. I've run detect and repair. Little help? Robin Try a new mail profile or run scanpst.exe - I would run scanpst.exe first. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be ...

Money 2005 Update #5
How do I stop the "Update now" screen from popping up everytime I start MSM2005. I do not use the online banking function it wants me to upgrade to and have no interest in it. I am running Windows XP. Thanks Bill ...

Money 2005
Option to start statement download when the program starts does not work. I have to manually click the circle with the arrows button. What is wrong with the setup? I think this may be a WinXP issue... I was using Money 2005 with Win98SE and automatic updates worked (or at least happened) but recently upgraded to WinXP SP2 and now I too have to manually click the "Update Now" option... I have also noticed that some settings do not get saved between Money sessions... for example, the Update Status Dialog that has the "Hide this window during update" checkbox... well...

Money downloads fm bank
When downloading my checking account information into MSMoney 2003, All of the "pay to"'s on the downloaded checks read the same (i.e. one time it may be to my insurance company and the next time to my gas credit card) How can I correct this so the proper "pay to" shows up in the downloaded data? Any help is greatly appreciated. T.O.M. What has happened is that the bank is downloading some common header, like "Check", and you have a payee rule that says "check goes to [this user]. Go to your payee rules and find where you had that set and clear i...

Quicken/Money into Excel
Can I import a Quicken or Money file into Excel? ...

Money matched wrong payee to transaction
I just discovered that my Money 2007 Deluxe has recorded the wrong payee with a downloaded transaction. I went in to the register and changed the payee in the downloaded transaction to the correct one shown in my online banking screen, and then manually entered another transaction in Money's register to show a cleared transaction for the payee that was wrongly matched. Why did this happen, and is there a better way to fix the problem? In microsoft.public.money, kavman wrote: >I just discovered that my Money 2007 Deluxe has recorded the wrong >payee with a downloaded transaction. ...

after native mode switch can't create new mailboxes
We recently switched to Exchange 2003 native mode. Email is working fine in all sites, however when we tried to create our first user post-switch we've found that the mailbox never gets created. Same procedures as before the switch, we run AD Users on the local Exchange server, create the account, specify the server, mailbox store it's part of.... The account gets created and replicated throughout the domain environment, but the email address never gets generated for the user, and the mailbox never gets created on the destination server. We followed all the guidelines for switching ...

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

No inbound email after creating a new recipient policy
Hi there, I had 2 smpt email address setup in the default policy to get the inbound email working initially. Upon researching, I understand that by default the exchange is set to mixed mode which means only default policy is the only policy that exchange applies regardless. I created a new recipient policy to query company field and applied it. I then changed the exchange to Native mode and restarted the information store. I removed the second smtp address from the default policy. Now i could not receive any emails for the secondary domain via SBS mail connector pop. It picks u...

create .tmp files when saving
Am having a problem with several of my dell machines running window xp professional and office xp pro. when users open an excel file, make a change and save it, then go back in the file, many times it says the file can be open in read only because the file is in use. it then creates a copy of the file using the .tmp as an extension. Why is this happening so frequently. any help would be appreicated. collin Hi Collin Try this first Reboot first and then Delete all the files and subfolders in your \Windows\Temp directory (Win95/98/ME), or your \Documents and Settings\<user>\loc...

Incident should be create automatically like c360 products
With any parameters or config, Incidents should be created automatically like EmailToCase c360 product. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7b9224b9-28b...

Backup Strategy Suggestions
If you have not done so, this would be a good time to review your backup strategy. In Tools->Options->Backup I suggest checking x Automatically backup to hard disk on exit x Prompt me before backing up each time* x Make my file small ... Then periodically, perhaps once per month or more, copy your latest backup (named differently from your earlier backups) to a CDR. With XP, this can be a copy and paste operation. Otherwise use the burning software that came with your CDR drive. I suggest use of a USB Flash drive also. They typically act like a big floppy. Even a 32 MB drive is ...

Conversations in Outlook 2002
I have Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP) with a folder that says "conversations." How do I get rid of this to make the folder go back to normal? The computer is running Windows XP thanks LV ------------------------------------------------------ I rode a tank and held a General's rank When the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank - - - Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil ---------------------------------------- Today's mighty oak is yesterdays nut that held its ground. - - -unknown ---------------------------------------- Yes, I have let myself go...Now I'm Free!...

Publisher 2002/SP2
Have got a rather strange issue maybe someone can shed light on. Win2k box/SP2 Office 2000 is installed on the HD *but* I installed from the Office XP cd M S Publisher 2002 *only.* You can do this single app installation instead of upgrading the entire suite to Ofc XP. I've downloaded appropriate security patches for Ofc 2k however it does not solve my issue. What happens is that when Publisher is launched, I get the windows installer dialog box. Like it's installing an application. This only occurs when Pu blisher is launched. Whether I let it play out or click on cancel, Pub...

Creating help
I wonder how to create help for my project? I've found an .rtf file in the hlp folder of my VC++ 6 project that seems to be the ground for the help. Are you supposed to edit this file somehow? How do you create different pages with links between them in the help? You do it it with a great deal of difficulty in my opinion. What you need is Help Workshop (HCW.EXE) which you already have or you can download from MS with which you edit contents files and compile/test the help. You need MS Word to edit the .rtf files. VS gives you a starter file (AfxCore.rtf) which you modify. You have...