Crashes after printing invoices

Money Small Business 2005 crashes after printing. Searched the newsgroups,
but didn't find any relevant solution.

-Max
  Hate Microsoft

0
maximus1 (53)
5/20/2005 5:31:58 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

This is often caused by incompatible printer drivers.  I would suggest that
you check with the printer manufacturer to see if there's a newer or OLDER
printer driver available.  Also, make sure that the driver you're using is
compatible with your version of Windows (XP, 2000, 98, whatever).

--

"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
> Money Small Business 2005 crashes after printing. Searched the newsgroups,
> but didn't find any relevant solution.
>
> -Max
>  Hate Microsoft

0
bollar (385)
5/21/2005 1:49:05 PM
With all the bugs and work-arounds I had to deal with in Money, I find this
hard to believe. I do a lot of printing -- I use 500 sheets of paper in a
month with about 20 different applications (Acrobat, Photoshop, Office, IE)
and they never crash after printing.

-Max

"Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
> This is often caused by incompatible printer drivers.  I would suggest
> that you check with the printer manufacturer to see if there's a newer or
> OLDER printer driver available.  Also, make sure that the driver you're
> using is compatible with your version of Windows (XP, 2000, 98, whatever).
>
> --
>
> "Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
>> Money Small Business 2005 crashes after printing. Searched the
>> newsgroups, but didn't find any relevant solution.
>>
>> -Max
>>  Hate Microsoft

0
maximus1 (53)
5/21/2005 3:03:09 PM
I would think that "all the bugs and work-arounds [you] had to deal with in
Money" would make you more likely to believe that Money, alone among all of
your applications, could have a problem working and playing well with a
simple printer driver. But suit yourself.

Very few people who lurk here use the * Business * versions of Money. You
may wait a really long time here for a better answer. Maybe you should
consider opening a support case directly with Microsoft. I'd be curious if
there first response didn't also include the phrase "printer driver."

> With all the bugs and work-arounds I had to deal with in Money, I find
> this hard to believe. I do a lot of printing -- I use 500 sheets of paper
> in a month with about 20 different applications (Acrobat, Photoshop,
> Office, IE) and they never crash after printing.

As you wish.  If you search the newsgroup archives, you'll find regular
instances that Money crashes as a result of printer drivers that are
otherwise okay.

Printing to another printer or even to PDF might help you diagnose if the
problem is related to the printer driver.

--

"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
> With all the bugs and work-arounds I had to deal with in Money, I find
> this hard to believe. I do a lot of printing -- I use 500 sheets of paper
> in a month with about 20 different applications (Acrobat, Photoshop,
> Office, IE) and they never crash after printing.
>
> -Max
>
> "Richard Bollar" <bollar@bollar.org> wrote in message
>> This is often caused by incompatible printer drivers.  I would suggest
>> that you check with the printer manufacturer to see if there's a newer or
>> OLDER printer driver available.  Also, make sure that the driver you're
>> using is compatible with your version of Windows (XP, 2000, 98,
>> whatever).
>>
>> --
>>
>> "Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
>>> Money Small Business 2005 crashes after printing. Searched the
>>> newsgroups, but didn't find any relevant solution.
>>>
>>> -Max
>>>  Hate Microsoft

0
bollar (385)

Misaligned charts when printing
Hello, I have two charts on the same worksheet. Both charts are aligned, so they appear to be one combo chart with only the bottom chart displaying the x-axis. However, when I go to print preview or even print that worksheet, the charts appear no longer aligned; in my case, the top chart would show wider than the bottom chart in print preview. Therefore, the scale on the x-axis would be offset in relation to the top chart. When returning to the worksheet view, the alignment was correct again. What causes this inconsistency, and are there any solutions to this problem? All replies, sug...

how to print cells based on "Yes".
If the first cell in row 1 of Column "A" is "Yes", how do I get preselected contiguous or non contiguous cells in the same row to print? If the answer is "no", I do not want cells in that row to print. Thanks for anyones help! Francis Knight Hi Francis You can use Data>AutoFilter to filter on that column and print. Only the visible cells will print -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Francis Knight" <Francis Knight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:43968233-50D0-4038-B31B-3C089DA99A7B@microsoft.com... &...

Printing multiple attachment straignt from outlook
Hello, Is there any solution of selecting multiple attachment in a message and print them all at once. Instead of copying them to a folder and then select all print. Regards WDV try highlighting them all if u can left click on the one attachment then keep holding control (CTRL) button down and clicking on all the attachments then when and if u get them all highlighted u should beable to right click on an attachment that is highlighted and click on print. by all means they should print all together without you having to print one at a time good luck. "_Wernich de Villiers&quo...

Hard Drive Crash---Import pst file
I have a back-up file (~ 3.3 GB) of Outlook 2007 from crashed hard drive . When I try to import PST file I get the following message: "Errors have been detected in the file" Tried Scanpst.exe to no avail. When I try to open directly from the recovered file using Outlook I get a message that the "attachment size exceeds the allowable limit" Suggestions on how to import/repair PST file would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jimmy Is this backup a copy of a pst file or was it created with some backup software? Is this file located on the current hd? Are...

unable to print images in word 2007
when i copy and paste an image into microsoft office word 2007 from the internet the image shows up in print layout and print preview but it does not print. i have asked many people if they get the same problem but they do not. please can someone help me. thank you, TS_ExHaLe Instead of copying and pasting, right-click on the image on the web and save it to your desktop. Then insert it into the Word document. By the way, this forum is about Microsoft CRM, not Office - though we're always glad to help! -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://www.mscrm4.com "TS_ExHaLe" wrote:...

Missing line feeds when printing entity CRM 4.0
Now that we upgraded to 4.0, we found that when one print e.g service appontment report, it takes line feeds (carriage returns) off. It makes readability harder and voids ability to format the report. Is this a bug and is there something we could do to get line feeds back? ...

Printing the "Edit Item Screen" in Business Portal Requisition Mgm
We would like the ability to print the "Edit Item Screen" in Business Portal Requisition Mgmt. There is information in this screen that does not display on the "Printer Friendly" version (i.e. Comments) -- Jarrod Kraemer Cornerstone Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then cl...

print page header on subform?
I have a form and a subform within it, the form has a page header and the subform has a page header. but only the page header of the main form prints. is there any way to make the subform's page header print too? Forms are not designed to PRINT. Reports are. I would recommend that you build a report and print it. You could even add a button to your form to cause the report to print. As you have discovered, reports have the appropriate controls and settings to handle how they print, forms do not. -- Hope that helps! RBear3 .. "f2rox" <f2rox@discussions.microsoft....

Grouping Mail Merge Records and Printing a Group Header
Greetings, I need to be able to group records from a data source and display a group header. How can I accomplish this in Publisher 2003? -- David Guthu Not sure I know what you are wanting to do. Try the catalog merge, in step five convert to publication, insert your group headings. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504381033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "David G." <DavidG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9882A94-FC86-464A-BC1C-1F75D192E1F9@microsoft.com......

My spreadsheet is only visible in print preview.
My spreadsheet is only visible when I go to the print preview option. All I see is a dark grey screen. Can anyone help? Thanks! Try Window>Arrange>Tiled, then resize. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Em" wrote: > My spreadsheet is only visible when I go to the print preview option. All I > see is a dark grey screen. Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

Access 07 Crashing still after SP1
Hello, I asked this earlier this year to no avail. We have three different programs (were 03 and worked fine) that we still can not right click in all datasheets that are in a subform, if you right click on a field in a column that doesn't have focus or control, Access shutsdown/ crashes. If you left click first on any field, then right click on that data field, no problem. We have done this on ten different PCs running XP SP3 and Vista. Has anyone else encountered this? Things we have tried: 1. Convert to 07. 2. Run as 03 in 07. 3. Built new 07 and imported all forms, tables, macro...

Print preview question
When use preview the CR , how can I know the user press' print' button ? or press' export' button ? thanks "Sze" <abc@abc.com> wrote in message news:eGiRTfYgKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When use preview the CR , how can I know the user press' print' button ? > or press' export' button ? > > thanks > > CR? Which print preview dialog are you using in what type of project? Hello Sze, Could you please let us know the Application context and elaborate the problem? By the way, we have migr...

Is Invoice Designer really THIS bad?
I know a lot of people have pretty much given up on the Invoice Designer, but I wanted to make a simple edit or two and figured I could slug it out and get it done, but I'm finding that it's impossible to use. Not because it's a poor design or anything, but because it's buggy as heck! If I click an object to move it, it generally changes size and then "sticks" to my mouse! I try clicking again to unstick it, but it changes sizes again and doesn't let go! In order to get it to let go, I have to click it multiple times and sometimes drag the mouse. I hav...

Creating print sections within a worksheet
I'd like to have unique headers for parts of a worksheet when I print the data. Is it possible to create sections within a worksheet? Otherwise, if I have each set of unique data in separate tabs, eahc tab having it's unique header text, is there a way to create a pdf that is the combination of several tabs? My fallback would be to copy pieces of the data from Excel and paste them into sections of a Word document. Thanks, Jeff Jeff - See "Custom View" in Excel's Help. - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "M...

Delete CDO page heading and following matter when printing an email document; to print the document only
I have used a modified form of Ron de Bruin's macro for sending Excel generated email via CDO. I would like to be able to print the CDO generated document without printing the heading (To: From: Subject: etc.) or any tags that may follow. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. Michael If Worksheets("DataBase").Range("R348").Value = 1 And Worksheets("Record").Range("C21").Value > 0 Then Dim iMsg As Object Dim iConf As Object Dim ws As Worksheet Dim Sourcewb As Workbook Dim Flds As ...

Print Preview: possible to remove the Internet Explorer little icon from the dialog title bar?
Hello, Anybody knows if it is at all possible to get rid of the Internet Explorer icon that shows up in the title bar of the Print Preview Dialog? I am using CHtmlView and calling the Print Preview through IDispatch. I am also providing my customized template for the Print Preview GUI. Everything is perfect other than I'd like to know if that icon can be removed and or changed with my own icon. Would it have anything to do with favicon by chance? Thanks! weboludo ...

Can I reprint Sales Invoices once the batch has posted?
If I print as historical document the invoices do not include the tracking # which we keep in the User Defined field. Is there a way to reprint a batch of invoices that has already been posted so that it has all data? Typically, you should be able to reprint an invoice (or range of invoices) by doing an inquiry on the specific document. However, what you may be experiencing is that your invoice format appears different from the one used when the invoices have not been posted yet. That's because GP has two different invoice formats, one for work (unposted) documents and one f...

Print a .txt file
Hi, How can I programmatically print a specific text file ? (without using CPrintDialog) Yoav. Hi Yoavo, > How can I programmatically print a specific text file ? (without using > CPrintDialog) If you really just want to print a txt file you can use ShellExecute with "print" as verb: ShellExecute(yourHwndOrNULL, _T("print"), yourTextFilePath, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); You find details here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762153(VS.85).aspx If that does not fit your needs, please describe what you want to do and what is missing in ShellExecute ...

Report only prints the first 48 characters of an 80 character text
I have an 80 character field (Description) which is only showing 48 characters even though there is room to print the whole description. Somehow, the formatting is causing it to limit the field size to 48 and to replace the remaining characters with "..." to every record that is over 48 characters. There appears to be plenty of room on the report for the whole field. I have tried changing the font size, moving the field to a separate line and stretching it across the page, but without success. This was originally written in Access 2003, but Access 2007 doesn't fix the ...

Quick Print button printing to last used printer and not default
Quick Print button indicates that it should be using the default printer, and does, unless you choose another printer to use. I can clear this by rebooting Word, however, is there any way in which I can force quick print to always and only use default printer? Thanks. Perhaps you can use a macro to accomplish what you are describing (ask in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general). However, it would be relatively easy to press Ctrl+P and then pick the printer that you want in the dialog box. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Jazz&q...

Single Domain, Two 5.5 servers, One crashed
How can I remove the crashed server from the Domain, and recreate the local clients on it to my working 5.5 server? It won't let me move anybody, because it keeps looking for the downed server to migrate the mailboxes from. The failed server was not the first server in my Domain. Will I be able to build a new 5.5 server and join it to the domain and then migrate the old server clients to it?? Do you have backup of crashed server? Roadglideclyde wrote: > How can I remove the crashed server from the Domain, and > recreate the local clients on it to my working 5.5 server? >...

Drop Shadows Not Printing Correctly
For the past several years I have been using Photoshop to creat graphics with drop shadows. I recently tried to use them with Publsiher 2003 and instead of the shadow gently fading to white, there is a shadow with a vivid stopping point in Publsher when I print. On the screen it looks OK. I must have somenting set wrong as all my other programs print it correctly. (Open Office Writer, Photoshop, Adobe InDesign CS - I have not tried MS Word.) I have used different file formats, but still nothing prints correctly. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. funzero <funzer...

Print Server 04-09-10
I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 with SP2 and the latest patches. I've just added a Windows 7 Pro PC in the network. There is no option to add (additional) drivers for Windows Vista or Windows 7. How can I get this PC to print to server 2003 shared printer? Is this even possible? Thanks. Yes. Since the Server OS is older, there is no UI for the new OS. You can use a Windows 7 machine to add Windows 7 drivers to the Server 2003 machine. -- Alan Morris Windows Printing Team Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here: http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1 T...

Memory leak causes Great Plains server to crash
I had a newer client who for weeks slowly had the situation with the GP clients being unable to connect the GP server via ODBC. Finally the server would crash and reboot. I have an article in the Nov 2005 issue of WindowsITPRO Magazine about it. http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/47770/47770.html The fix was a errant piece of software that generated over 700,000 file handles in fifteen min. after the server reboot. The physical memory showed that there was plenty of RAM but the filehandles crashed the server repeatedly. Be on the look out for this behavior with certain Mo...

Applying downloaded deposits against invoices in Money 2006 Small
I would like to know if anyone knows the most effective way to apply downloaded deposits (check from customers) against outstanding invoices? In a previous version onf MS Money (2004 maybe), when a deposit was downloaded from your bank, all you had to do was Edit it and select an Option in the Edit window to apply the deposit against an outstanding invoice. This feature was lost in the 2005 version or somewhere along the way. Now it seems, the only way to apply a deposit is to go to the Invoice screen, apply a payment against the invoice, go to the register for that acccount, and del...