Covered calls getting exercised not working properly

I'm using MS Money 2006 Premium edition and it's missing a key piece of
executing a covered call.  I can enter the initial sale of the call itself
without a problem (sell to open) but if the call gets exercised, MS Money
doesn't let me chose which shares will be  called away.

So, if I sold one call (represents the potential sale of 100 shares) in MSFT
and I own 200 shares of MSFT (purchased in 2 lots of 100), if the call is
exercised and I enter the Activity "Exercise," Money goes through all of the
proper steps except it doesn't prompt me for which 100 shares I want to sell.
 It simply picks 100 shares and executes.  That's not good because the cost
basis my be different in each lot of 100 shares.

Will this be fixed soon?

Thanks,

Miles
0
Miles (62)
4/21/2006 2:06:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

What I would do is BTC the Calls with a cost of zero and a sell of the
underlying 100 and you can then pick which 100 get sold ( I think ).
This is the way OX downloads the transaction.

It has not changed since my M03 if that is a clue as to when options
will work correctly in Mny.  At least Mny acknowledges them.

arthur
==

In microsoft.public.money, Miles wrote:

>I'm using MS Money 2006 Premium edition and it's missing a key piece of
>executing a covered call.  I can enter the initial sale of the call itself
>without a problem (sell to open) but if the call gets exercised, MS Money
>doesn't let me chose which shares will be  called away.
>
>So, if I sold one call (represents the potential sale of 100 shares) in MSFT
>and I own 200 shares of MSFT (purchased in 2 lots of 100), if the call is
>exercised and I enter the Activity "Exercise," Money goes through all of the
>proper steps except it doesn't prompt me for which 100 shares I want to sell.
> It simply picks 100 shares and executes.  That's not good because the cost
>basis my be different in each lot of 100 shares.

You entered a SellToOpen transaction for the contract, and later
entered an Exercise transaction. You got a pop-up box asking whether
you want to Sell of the MSFT or a SellShort of the MSFT.

The exercise entered a BuyToClose for the option, and a Sell of
MSFT, but it did not ask which lot to sell. Even tho you do not have
FIFO selected, it sold the oldest.

To work around this unexpected behavior, right-click the Sell
transaction, and choose ReallocateLots.

>Will this be fixed soon?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Miles
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Bringing Sharepoint list data back online after working offline
I've got an Access 2007 app that is using Sharepoint (MOSS 2007) lists as my data store. Some of my users are experiencing extreme latency issues, so I'm testing allowing them to take the data offline, and then resynch later. Taking it offline via a popup menu works great, and really speeds up the application. I use Docmd.runcommand acCmdToggleOffline to take the data offline. I'm still testing taking the data back on line, making sure the one-to-many and many-to-many relationships that are built while offline make it back into the lists appropriately, and...

Common reasons why Keep Together sometimes doesn't work?
Does anyone know of some common reasons why Keep Together would not work? I have a report where it appears it is working, then half way through the report, one particular group spills across to a page where a new group would start...then thereafter it works again. All of my sections have Keep Together = True, as well as the Sorting/ Grouping for the different sections, Keep Together = Whole Group, and Group On = Each Value. I almost want to think it is the data that is tripping up the report. Also, there is a subreport (query) but it stays together like it should, no problem. Thoughts? Tha...

Keep getting this Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Any suggestions on how to fix this error? Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: ' Server: 'smtp.gmail.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes "Poodlenation" <Poodlenation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5FED1D7-835F-4BFE-B7E7-D81D05696967@microsoft.com... > Any suggestions on how to fix this error? > > Your server has unexpectedly terminat...

autoarchive stopped working and will not restart
This in on Outlook 2003 with SP1. Autoarchive was running fine but suddenly stopped working. The archive file is located on the user's local drive. The pst is only 1.6gb. The archive option to run on just 1 folder does not work either. On both of these it appears to run by watching the task bar info but it only creates a folder in the pst. No mail is moved and none is deleted from the exchange mailbox. I have created a new pst and tested but get the same results. ...

working with northwind template
I am trying to use the northwind template and need to know how to edit the data that comes with the template to put in mine. I have been able to edit the logo and name on the forms but in, for example, the inventory list- I can't delete the products listed. There are some rules about deleting data. When there is a relationship between 2 tables, any child records in the child table must be deleted before the parent records can be deleted. When you try to delete inventory transactions in northwind, you get a message telling that you can't delete because there are related...

my e-mail dose not work in office 2007
i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on it nothing happens do i have to activate it "glo" <glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3ED581-F3ED-4C6A-9048-893EC1F57761@microsoft.com... >i am trying to e-mail from office 2007 i have to icon but when i click on >it > nothing happens do i have to activate it And your email client is? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) See if your mail p...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

Problems Getting a Field to Work in a New Mail Message form
I have Outlook 2000 SR-1 using IMO (Internet Mail Only - not Exchange Server). Does anyone know of a way to make sure the From: field appears in a new mail message? For reasons too lengthy to get into, it would be very helpful for me to see the From: field (with my default email address already filled in, of course) as well as they typical To:, CC: and Subject: fields when composing a new email. I did try to create a new form (Tools >Forms >Design a Form >Message) but when I used it, the default email address did not appear. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Sangrateo SangrateoATanonymo...

Make Excel Work faster
I have a file, that is +- 200MB in size, and has +- 150 worksheets with 700 lines of formulaes in each worksheet. Problem is that when I update the one sheet where the lookup is, it takes about 10min to do the calculation. I am also running a PIV 3Ghz HT with 1gig RAM. How can I get Excel to perform faster? You could set calculation to Manual while entering the data and recalculate with F9. 10 minutes seems a bit long, but we don't know your formulas. Especially VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP are very sensitive for the 4th argument. For many tips about performance, especially lookups, check...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Does anyone have and idea how to create the date of the last day of the previous month? Craig Hi Craig =Dateserial(year(date), month(date), 0) HTH. Best wishes Harald "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:yvVxk.22131$89.8111@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com... > Does anyone have and idea how to create the date of the last day of the > previous month? > > Craig > > =TODAY()-DAY(TODAY()) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:yvVxk.22131$89.8111@nlpi069.nb...

Exchange 2003/SP2 cant get SPF working
I am trying to test SPF in SP2 I have defined my SPF policy to reject mail that fails an SPF check I have a test domain that I have deliberately configured the SPF field to claim mail will only be generated from the wrong host. I have defined the SPF policy to reject mail that fails the SPF check and then gone to the default Virtual SMTP server (the only one defined) and turned on SPF filter for that connection. I stopped & started the SMTP server. I then use that domain to send a mail to the Exchange server (single server - ie not a front/back end setup). The mail should have ...

Cant get "Platform Builder" to appear under "Project Types" in VS2005
Hi Everyone, We've just purchased PB 6 and am trying to install it on one of our development stations, but no matter how many times I've installed/ deleted/reinstalled VS2005 and WinCE 6 I cannot for the life of me get it to appear in the project types list for when creating a new solution. It wont even allow me to open an existing project from the demo WinCE 6 folder. I'm now in to my 3rd day of battling with this ! Though the PB icon shows on the splash screen as it starts, as does some of the CE6 'getting started' stuff on the start page. It has had the ...

on server reboot multiple emails get returned as undeliverable
I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs etc. We have hit a problem a couple of times when on reboot of the server end users get emails returned as undeliverable as they have exceeded the delivery date. It does not affect all outgoing messages, and the destinations are valid. It is as though the SMTP gets stuck on some messages, and only notices on re-start. Any ideas? F Frank <noreply@127.0.0.1> wrote: > I have an SBS 2003 server running exchange, all latest service packs > etc. > We have hit a problem a couple of times ...

Getting info from the last used cell
Currently I am adding many sheets together. I am using "Start Sheet" and "End Sheet" and everything in between those two sheets is adding for a total. I would (in a few cells) to just get the data from the last cell used. Example: The sheets I am adding are dates and if sheet 01-19-09 (dd-mm-yy) has the last entry in cell c18 I would like that number. However there may be blank cell before that sheet. and after that sheet there will be info in other cells. I would like that info to go into c18 of the sheet I use and named "Totals". -- Ed Davis ...

WSHShell.SendKeys "{F5}"
I've been trying with every sample script I can find on the Net, but the double clicking the VBS just flashes the hourglass and then nothing. All these scripts can't be wrong. It just simply doesn't refresh the desktop. I'm doing the Outlook desktop icon thing and if this doesn't work i'm going to have to create the less desirable shortcut to .exe because if the icon isn't visible immediately then there's no point. Is there an .EXE utility, or some additional line in the VBS I need to add? I've tried two scripts that utilize the sendkeys fun...

A Crystal Beginner

Need a Key Finder that actually works
Hi All, I have been testing a utility called Key Finder. It is suppose to translate license numbers ( 1234-oem-567 ...) back to key numbers (YHK6S-I2889-...). Only one problem: it always gets them wrong. Any one know of a utility like this, only that gets the key numbers correct? Many thanks, -T On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 21:33:41 -0700, ToddAndMargo <ToddAndMargo@invalid.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have been testing a utility called Key Finder. It >is suppose to translate license numbers ( 1234-oem-567 ...) >back to key numbers (YHK6S-I2889-...). Only o...

This 1 weird tip works for flattening the belly 65767
www.fantastic-body.com Some of my greatest progress in life has come by listening to my elders. Wisdom often comes with age. Well in this case, fatloss wisdom comes with really, really... REALLY old age. I'm talking Fred Flintstone-age. But once I saw how it works, it made perfect sense to try it myself... .... and what do you know? Flatter stomach; less bodyfat; and better muscle tone. Even sleep improves. All from this 1 tip. There's a presentation you need to see: http://www.everyotherdaydiet.com/go/goodshape <-- Click-Here That will tell y...

What is the proper app destination in Windows 7 64 bit ?
Hello, I just encountered that problem in Windows 7 64 bit although Windows 7 32 bit does not have that problem. User (?) installed my application in c:\Program Files(86) folder. My app creates subfolders to App.Path during normal program operation. Despite user being the administrator the subfolder cannot be created (there is an error "File/Path Access Error" How should I proceed in that case? Should the installation insist on another program location (which one) or should I consider something else? Your help appreciated, Claire Claire wrote: >...

how do I exit working offline I use outlook
mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Ask in the body of the message, not the subject. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. -- Brian Tillman ...

OnTimer() Not Being Called after timer is set up (VS C++ 6.0)
OK, here is what I have done. I am looking to use a timer to complete some refresh operations every 2 seconds. However, I cannot get my OnTimer()function to be called. I set up a timer with the following line of code: SetTimer(1, 2000, 0); Then, I have the Ontimer function, which I created from ClassWizard as a message handler for WM_TIMER. void CProbeTalkMenu::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { m_szStatus += "*"; UpdateData(); CDialog::OnTimer(nIDEvent); } OnTimer() is never called. I am afraid that I am failing to do something grossly important. Can anyone explai...

Conditional Formatting Not Working Consistently
One of our Excel users is applying conditional formatting on cells within a worksheet that are linked to other worksheets in the same file and he is getting inconsistent results i.e., sometimes it applies the formatting and other times it won't. He seems to have the problem primarily when he selects a range within a column and then applies the conditional formatting. The conditional formatting statement applied to cell C5 is: Formula is =$B$5-$C$5=0 then format as red and bold. He is concerned about the ability to rely on this feature working properly. Since he is our Accounting Man...

Excel 97 : Get External Data
I have a text file I've been refreshing into Excel 2000 and am trying to take that same .xls along with the text data file to another computer and open it up in Excel 97 but it doesn't refresh the data. Excel 97 shows the refresh button but when I press it, it doesn't do anything. How do I get this working in Excel 97. Thanks, Chris I am not sure If I am right but hey worth a try :) in Office 2000 open the file and SaveAs -------- SaveAs Type----Excel 97 take to Excel97 and should work then. HTH "Chris" <chris95008@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23xG%23O8...

Sending via SSL is not working with Outlook 2003
Hy, I'm working with two systems and two Outlook-Versions. System one with Outlook XP, System 2 with Outlook 2003. Both systems use *identical* account informations. Both are able to retrieve mails via SSL form the mailserver. Only Outlook XP is able to send mails through SMTP via SSL. Outlook 2003 fails with error 0x800ccc7d. (I know, this error means, that Outlook thinks the mailserver is not able to use SSL.) The mailserver has a selfsigned certificate. I guess, this causes the bug. (Maybe the popup window hangs?) Is there a fix available? Benjamin Outlook 2003 does not sh...