Countries/Regions in Money 2005

I understand from a previos posting that Iceland is now
included in the country/region list in the new version
2005. Does anyone know if the US version can be setup with
Iceland as the base country/region. I can not find an
international version of Money anywhere on the web or on
the Microsoft webside. Only US and UK.
0
georg (4)
9/21/2004 12:08:32 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I just tried in UK 2005, and it allowed me too. You might want to wait until
a trial comes out, but I expect it will in the international version.

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
if it's a UK specific wish.

"Georg" <georg@eykur.is> wrote in message
>I understand from a previos posting that Iceland is now
> included in the country/region list in the new version
> 2005. Does anyone know if the US version can be setup with
> Iceland as the base country/region. I can not find an
> international version of Money anywhere on the web or on
> the Microsoft webside. Only US and UK.

0
glyn1 (1534)
9/22/2004 4:42:36 PM
Hi Glyn,

You are saying that you set it up as the base currency, correct?  This was
always possible with 2004.  i.e. it is "Internationalized".
Bit I didn't think M05 had "Localized" versions except US, UK & Intl.

Can you clarify?
Andrew.

"Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> I just tried in UK 2005, and it allowed me too. You might want to wait
until
> a trial comes out, but I expect it will in the international version.
>
> --
> Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> http://money.mvps.org
>
> Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> if it's a UK specific wish.
>
> I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
> "Georg" <georg@eykur.is> wrote in message
> >I understand from a previos posting that Iceland is now
> > included in the country/region list in the new version
> > 2005. Does anyone know if the US version can be setup with
> > Iceland as the base country/region. I can not find an
> > international version of Money anywhere on the web or on
> > the Microsoft webside. Only US and UK.

0
asclark (29)
9/22/2004 6:33:39 PM
Correction,

I believe that there are German, Spanish and French language versions, but I
don't know the extent of the localization.

Andrew.

"Andrew S. Clark" <asclark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi Glyn,
>
> You are saying that you set it up as the base currency, correct?  This was
> always possible with 2004.  i.e. it is "Internationalized".
> Bit I didn't think M05 had "Localized" versions except US, UK & Intl.
>
> Can you clarify?
> Andrew.
>
> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
> > I just tried in UK 2005, and it allowed me too. You might want to wait
> until
> > a trial comes out, but I expect it will in the international version.
> >
> > --
> > Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
> > http://money.mvps.org
> >
> > Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
> > for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
> > suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> > or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
> > if it's a UK specific wish.
> >
> > I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
> >
> > "Georg" <georg@eykur.is> wrote in message
> > >I understand from a previos posting that Iceland is now
> > > included in the country/region list in the new version
> > > 2005. Does anyone know if the US version can be setup with
> > > Iceland as the base country/region. I can not find an
> > > international version of Money anywhere on the web or on
> > > the Microsoft webside. Only US and UK.

0
asclark (29)
9/22/2004 6:59:32 PM
Yep, I am saying that - regional versions are more restricted as you quite
rightly point out.

--

> Correction,
>
> I believe that there are German, Spanish and French language versions, but
> don't know the extent of the localization.
>
> Andrew.
>
> "Andrew S. Clark" <asclark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Glyn,
>>
>> You are saying that you set it up as the base currency, correct?  This
>> was
>> always possible with 2004.  i.e. it is "Internationalized".
>> Bit I didn't think M05 had "Localized" versions except US, UK & Intl.
>>
>> Can you clarify?
>> Andrew.
>>
>> "Glyn Simpson, MVP" <glyn@serf.org> wrote in message
>> > I just tried in UK 2005, and it allowed me too. You might want to wait
>> until
>> > a trial comes out, but I expect it will in the international version.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
>> > http://money.mvps.org
>> >
>> > Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>> > for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or
>> > suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
>> > or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially
>> > if it's a UK specific wish.
>> >
>> > I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>> >
>> > "Georg" <georg@eykur.is> wrote in message

0
glyn1 (1534)
9/22/2004 7:21:56 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the info. Where and when can I get the
international version? I find no mention of it on the
Microsoft website and the Icelandic vendor knows nothing
about it.

Regards,
Georg

0
georg (4)
9/23/2004 2:22:15 PM
It's not yet released as far as i am aware. It usually is a few weeks after
the US version comes out, so you may need to wait a little while.

--

"georg@eykur.is" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the info. Where and when can I get the
> international version? I find no mention of it on the
> Microsoft website and the Icelandic vendor knows nothing
> about it.
>
> Regards,
> Georg

0
glyn1 (1534)

Money "Plus"
Is this Money 2008? (Yearly question) Why should I change to "plus" from 2006? The on-line sales info is written for and by children, it seems (as usual from M$). I'm sorry for not scanning the newsboard to get answer my question before I posted. So "Plus" == "2008", and a lot of people are griping. So, can someone in the know document the differences (objectively)? Right now the only think I see of value is maintaining the on-line updates a couple years more. Really, does anybody really think that MS's advise on budgeting is going to be headed e...

Limited User can't use Money
I've installed Money 2004 in hopes to clear this same problem I had with 2001, to no avail. I installed Money 04 with my System Administrator acct. It works fine for me. But when my wife tries with her Limited Account, she cannot get access. How do I get her access to this program and data? I've tried installing it in the All Users dir, but no help. I really don't want to give her Sys Admin priveleges just to use Money. Thanks to anyone that can help. MS Support has no info on this, nor does a Google search turn anything up. If she creates a new Money file, can you b...

Downloading trouble from TD Waterhouse into Money '04
Is anybody else having trouble downloading transactions from TD Waterhouse into Money 2004? I've been doing it for years and it stopped working on Friday when I was also having trouble running Money updates. Those now work but Waterhouse downloads will not. It tells me there is a problem with the data downloaded, contact the bank... I've been working with Waterhouse since Friday and so far it still doesn't work :( ...

help! Can't open money file
"money has detected you did not close your money file before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file" When I click yes I get: "the email address or password is incorrect. Please try again." any suggestions? sorry forgot to mention: Money 2005 Windows XP "Jody Miller" <jodyemberly@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:wHc_e.75951$Jp.2009910@twister.southeast.rr.com... > "money has detected you did not close your money file before exiting. > Money now needs to verify the information in your file" > > Wh...

Void trans. Money 2006 doesn't recog.goes to same transaction/bug?
In my checking acct. I entered a check number and it had to be voided. When I try to to go to a new withdrawal, it starts with the number that was just voided instead of going to the next check, is this another bug? I tried closing the program and restarting but does the same thing. They fix this in 2007 also? Seems the more I work with 2006, seems to be bug infested and they want you to buy 2007 to fix it? Bruce I just tried this in M07 and M04. I entered # 2111. Then I voided it. Then I went to enter another new transaction. In both versions, It started the transaction by auto-fil...

Did money 2006 fix most of the bugs/gripes in 2005?
Did money 2006 fix most of the 2005 bugs/gripes people had? Below was my list from 2005 I want the dual drop down category box again. Looks like this one may be fixed by the new patch and a reg key. I will believe it when I see it. I want update prices manually put back on the right click context menu in the portfolio manager. Most of the items in my 401k have no symbols cause of the plan my company provides. The fact update prices manually has moved is a huge incontinence. I want a way to purge all the past budget data. Money 2004 and I think 2003 had a massive bug that o...

Money Pocket PC 2005 BUG
I just synchronized 4 weeks of my transactions from Money 2005 into my Pocket PC. Wouldn't you know it but the totals didn't match. So I synchronized the last 52 weeks and they still didn't match. Then I synchronized the entire file ( over 4000 transactions ) and the ending balance still didn't match. I started checking the numbers and found that the Pocket PC version doesn't ignore VOIDED transactions. It treats them as though they were normal transactions. This to me is a Bug. But not if my wife is using it because then she'll think we have less than we actuall...

Money 2002 to excel 2000 on Win98SE
Hi, I am a Scout leader here in Canada. The previous person in charge of our troop's finances used Microsoft Money 2002. I don't have any financial software. I was told there is a converter to take a .mny file and bring it into Excel. The file is from Money 2002 and I have Excel2000 on a Win98SE machine. Can someone point me toward this converter if it exists? I've found the converter for Money 98 but none of my searches have turned up anything for Money 2002. All help is greatly appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, Gerry wrote: >Hi, I am a Scout leader here in Can...

Money 2005
Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program. When I try to connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is incorrect, or the server is down. When I try to connect offline it tells me my password can not be verified and I need to go online. The result is that the software is completely inaccessible. I have tried to reinstall without success. The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help > About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you n...

Multi Country Setup
Hi How can I use HQ to manage two shops in different countries. One in London and one in Dublin. They sell the same products but are using different prices and currencies. thanks morcott You cannot do this. You need one HQ Database per country. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = "Morcott" <greg@rtl-world.com> wrote in message news:e$xpm946GHA.756@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > How can I use HQ to manage two shops in different countries. One in London > and one in Dublin. They sell the same products but are using di...

MS Money and Quicken
As I try to be an realist, I bought today Quicken to be able to work in future with a money management, as I did for nearly 15 years very satisfied with money. I am new to quicken and very experienced with money and I think, money was the simplier to use money software. The price updating worked mostly fine and free of charge. In Quicken here in Europe, you have to pay for the update service, if you like to uodate international stocks, 2 =80 a month. And the updating lasts much longer. I hope I will get used to Quicken, but I would prefer Money, if they decide to make the updating process avai...

Money is Already Running #2
Quite often when I go to start Money I get an error telling me that it is already running. I had opened Money earlier in my Windows session but had closesd it. The only way I can re-open Money is to stop two processes in Task Manager related to Money. Anyone else experience this and what gives? There is a process(es) that under certain circumstances (unknown) won't die in a timely manner. I do know that MS are aware but are having trouble pinning down the exact cause. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Money 2004 Service Pack??
Does anyone here know if Microsoft will ever release service packs for Money like they do for other products? The bugs in the budgeting application (duplicates, incorrect budget values based on estimated bill amounts) are absolutely ridiculous and it's driving me crazy. The learning curve is steep, and now that I've finally got this thing humming along I find out that I can't create an accurate budget!? Grrr..... They occasionally release updates via the Money Internet Updates mechanism. M04 already claims to be on update 1. Since almost everything in M04 is carried over from M0...

Money 2004 communication error
Hello I am new to Money 2004 and while setting up my bank accounts when trying to download to my bank i get th following message. (An Internet Communication error has occured (OFXIE12031)) Can somebody help me through this so i can start using this program. Thanks Ken This probably won't help much, but since you are a new Money user, I fell compelled to tell you that a) there is nothing about downloading from your bank that is essential to setting up Money, and b) downloading transaction data before you understand how to use Money and how transactions are supposed to work and so on fr...

how to write formulas in excel for money to days
I need to write a formula to convert a monetary value(given) and have it give back a value in days eg: $95 =7days I am very new at this and all of the atempts I have made are complete failures Not much information here to go on, how does $95 = 7Days,? Is it $13.57 per day? and is that constant? Assuming that to be the case, Simply put the dollar amount in a cell e.g. A2, and in your target cell (B2 for instance) type the formula =A2/13.57 You will probably want to format your dollar cells as currency to give them the dollar sign, and If you're looking for whole numbers of days, you...

Money 2004 #54
I am a existing user of MS Money 1999 and wish to convert to MS Money 2004. However the data of Money 99 does not automatically convert to 2004 and says incompatible version. Any suggestions pl. See the "mother of the FAQs" at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1. "Sivakumar" <sivakumar.sundaram@timesgroup.com> wrote in message news:42a001c3feb0$e50dec60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am a existing user of MS Money 1999 and wish to convert > to MS Money 2004. However the data of Money 99 does not > automatically convert to 2004 and says incompatible > version. ...

How to set up IRA Account in Money 2007
I am trying to set up my IRA in Money. It is through a bank, so there are not investment type transactions, just the bank's own listings of interest. Do I set this up as an investment account or something different? For best treatment by things like Tax Estimator, I'd set it up as an Investment (IRA) account. You may never have any Investments in the Investment half of the account. It may just have interest earnings in the Investment Cash Account. This essentially wastes the Investment Account, but that's probably not a big deal. "Rick" <Rick@discussions.micr...

file can not be open, read or write in visual studio 2005 #2
I am trying to transfer my visual c++ 6 to visual studio 2005. every thing seems fine, but I can not open,read and write any file in my program. they are either not avaliable or unaccessible. Please, Save me! here is my code: CFile Fileopen; CFileException e; Fileopen.Open("test.txt",CFile::modeCreate|CFile::modeRead ,&e); char test[50]="test"; Fileopen.Write(test,6); Fileopen.Close(); FILE * fp; if((fopen_s(&fp,m_MSFileName,"r"))==NULL) { MessageBox("Filename error or not exiting","warnning",MB_OK|MB_ICONHAND); ...

Money 99 backup
When backing up Money only gives me the choice of my A drive (floppy). I want to back up to another drive but cannot change backup location. In microsoft.public.money, Ed wrote: >When backing up Money only gives me the choice of my A >drive (floppy). I want to back up to another drive but >cannot change backup location. Did you notice the "Please Consult Before Posting: Unofficial FAQ Available" posting? ...

Can I enter items in MSN Money and have it update Money?
I would like to be able to manage my checking account on MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? Thanks Kelly Which version of Money? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09dc01c4aaf1$ee8880a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to manage my checking account on > MSN Money when I am traveling can I do this and have it > sychronize with Money on my PC when I return? If so how? > > Thanks > Kelly ...

money 2007 crashes when updating account info
Hi folks, I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my email/password, Money pops out a window saying "Updating Accout Info", then it crashes! If I restart the program I can login, but retrieving bank list failes each time and money crashes when I click "receive account updates from MSN money my accounts". I've owned money 2006 before so I think I do have some old information on msn money.Any idea? Thanks Kun In microsoft.public.money, qk wrote: > >I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my >email/...

License for Microsoft Money
Hi, I purchased MS money from the Microsoft money website. I however need to reinstall the application but cannot find the serial MS provided. I used the credit card to purchase the software. Is there anyway I can contact or get the serial? Thanks, Kevin If you had the code, there's a way. Without the code? I think it's kinda like losing the code that comes with a CD if you buy it that way. I think I need to draft a FAQ. "Kevin [consultant]" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a80101c487bb$fdd67160$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I purchased M...

Money 2001 #15
I curently use Money 2001 I would like to do an exact copy of my current file with all details and payee categories. My intention is to run two accounts using the same details in both accounts. How do I do this without deleting or altering my current working file? My software does not have any support as it's lifetime has run out and would appreciate any help that I can get In microsoft.public.money, Sam wrote: >I curently use Money 2001 >I would like to do an exact copy of my current file with >all details and payee categories. My intention is to run >two accounts usin...

money 2004 small business invoices
Hi i was wondering if there is any possible way to add past due amounts onto invoice. I would like to send my customers the past due amounts along with teh current invoice that way the have a good idea of the running total that they owe my business. Please comment or email me with any suggestions you have. Thanks -Amit It sounds as what you really want is a statement. You'll have to play around with 2004 and see if it will allow you to customize the time period for a statement. Prior versions did not. DAE "amit" <amit@datwani.com> wrote in message news:00e201c39...

Money 2004 Deluxe #4
Just bought the new edition and tried to install it. Got an error message saying "Money has detected ... Norton AnitVirus. ... If you have antivirus software, click More Info to learn how to set up Money and run it successfully. Clicking More Info brings up various error messages, seemingly unrelated to Norton Anitvirus. Does anyone else run Money and Norton AnitVirus together and what do you do to install? IF you'd taken the time to look through the threads before posting, you have discovered answers to both your questions. Hint: uninstall/reinstall. Then complain to Syma...