Could use some help after crash

My computer crashed (turned out to be my mother board) and I have numerous
back ups (.mny) (from cd and floppy)  that I've tried to install on my new
computer and every one of them want's a password.  One of my files did have
a password and I know FOR SURE i'm entering the right one and its still not
working.  I've tried installing to Money 2000 (the original one i had) and
2006 which the new computer has.  Neither seems to work at all.  I need this
info for taxes and don't EVEN want to try to re-create it can anyone help
with this?

Thanks in advance for ANY help.

Cheryl

0
tiredintx (6)
11/12/2006 2:29:13 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

If the program version is older than the file version, I think that will
cause the problem you describe. Using 2006, open the sample mny file.
Update prices on the web. I don't recall if 2006 had a program update but,
if it did, it should download. Install according to the prompts.

After installation of the program update, open your previous file. If that
was the problem, your correct password should work.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

"cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> My computer crashed (turned out to be my mother board) and I have
> numerous
> back ups (.mny) (from cd and floppy)  that I've tried to install on my
> new
> computer and every one of them want's a password.  One of my files did
> have
> a password and I know FOR SURE i'm entering the right one and its still
> not
> working.  I've tried installing to Money 2000 (the original one i had)
> and
> 2006 which the new computer has.  Neither seems to work at all.  I need
> this
> info for taxes and don't EVEN want to try to re-create it can anyone help
> with this?
>
> Thanks in advance for ANY help.
>
> Cheryl

0
spam_magnet (1210)
11/12/2006 3:26:21 AM
Chris:

Thanks anyway but that didn't work either.  I will say that messing around
with it, I finally got one of 4 files to work on money 06 but the other just
keep telling me to enter passwords and then when i do it tells me they are
wrong.

Thanks anyway

"Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> If the program version is older than the file version, I think that will
> cause the problem you describe. Using 2006, open the sample mny file.
> Update prices on the web. I don't recall if 2006 had a program update but,
> if it did, it should download. Install according to the prompts.
>
> After installation of the program update, open your previous file. If that
> was the problem, your correct password should work.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
>

> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>> My computer crashed (turned out to be my mother board) and I have
>> numerous
>> back ups (.mny) (from cd and floppy)  that I've tried to install on my
>> new
>> computer and every one of them want's a password.  One of my files did
>> have
>> a password and I know FOR SURE i'm entering the right one and its still
>> not
>> working.  I've tried installing to Money 2000 (the original one i had)
>> and
>> 2006 which the new computer has.  Neither seems to work at all.  I need
>> this
>> info for taxes and don't EVEN want to try to re-create it can anyone help
>> with this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for ANY help.
>>
>> Cheryl

0
tiredintx (6)
11/12/2006 5:29:36 AM
Password requests where no password was in use is definitely MS dam fool way
of telling you that you are opening a file produced by version n+1 in
version n. e.g. opening a M2005 file in M2004.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

> Chris:
>
> Thanks anyway but that didn't work either.  I will say that messing around
> with it, I finally got one of 4 files to work on money 06 but the other
> just keep telling me to enter passwords and then when i do it tells me
> they are wrong.
>
> Thanks anyway
>

> "Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> If the program version is older than the file version, I think that will
>> cause the problem you describe. Using 2006, open the sample mny file.
>> Update prices on the web. I don't recall if 2006 had a program update
>> but, if it did, it should download. Install according to the prompts.
>>
>> After installation of the program update, open your previous file. If
>> that was the problem, your correct password should work.
>> --
>> Chris Cowles
>> Gainesville, FL
>>

>> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> My computer crashed (turned out to be my mother board) and I have
>>> numerous
>>> back ups (.mny) (from cd and floppy)  that I've tried to install on my
>>> new
>>> computer and every one of them want's a password.  One of my files did
>>> have
>>> a password and I know FOR SURE i'm entering the right one and its still
>>> not
>>> working.  I've tried installing to Money 2000 (the original one i had)
>>> and
>>> 2006 which the new computer has.  Neither seems to work at all.  I need
>>> this
>>> info for taxes and don't EVEN want to try to re-create it can anyone
>>> help
>>> with this?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for ANY help.
>>>
>>> Cheryl

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
11/12/2006 7:13:49 AM
I read that online somewhere else but my understanding is that all newer
programs will open all older programs but not the other way around.  Is
there any way to fix it or get the password they are looking for??????????

"Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in message
> Password requests where no password was in use is definitely MS dam fool
> way of telling you that you are opening a file produced by version n+1 in
> version n. e.g. opening a M2005 file in M2004.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Chris:
>>
>> Thanks anyway but that didn't work either.  I will say that messing
>> around with it, I finally got one of 4 files to work on money 06 but the
>> other just keep telling me to enter passwords and then when i do it tells
>> me they are wrong.
>>
>> Thanks anyway
>>

>> "Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>> If the program version is older than the file version, I think that will
>>> cause the problem you describe. Using 2006, open the sample mny file.
>>> Update prices on the web. I don't recall if 2006 had a program update
>>> but, if it did, it should download. Install according to the prompts.
>>>
>>> After installation of the program update, open your previous file. If
>>> that was the problem, your correct password should work.
>>> --
>>> Chris Cowles
>>> Gainesville, FL
>>>

>>> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

0
tiredintx (6)
11/12/2006 3:19:30 PM
You are correct. Provided you are using US 2005 it will read earlier US
versions.

Try downloading the M2007 trial, see
http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/default.aspx for link and see if that
can open your .mny file. Take copies of the .mny file before you start.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

>I read that online somewhere else but my understanding is that all newer
>programs will open all older programs but not the other way around.  Is
>there any way to fix it or get the password they are looking for??????????
>

> "Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in
> message news:%236geeoiBHHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Password requests where no password was in use is definitely MS dam fool
>> way of telling you that you are opening a file produced by version n+1 in
>> version n. e.g. opening a M2005 file in M2004.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>

>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Chris:
>>>
>>> Thanks anyway but that didn't work either.  I will say that messing
>>> around with it, I finally got one of 4 files to work on money 06 but the
>>> other just keep telling me to enter passwords and then when i do it
>>> tells me they are wrong.
>>>
>>> Thanks anyway
>>>

>>> "Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote in message

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
11/12/2006 4:02:45 PM
Bob:

Ok maybe I better start over.  I'm trying to restore a back up file that had
originated in money 2000, I have both *.mny file and a *d1.mbf  file from
that program that I'm trying to restore into money 2006.  Neither of them
will work, they want a password and keep telling me I'm entering the wrong
one. (I know I'm not) I also tried re-installing money 2000 onto my new
computer and it won't open them either--same problem,  I'm wondering if my
money 2000 didn't have some updates on it that are no longer available and
that's what is causing all this mess.  But bottom line is I need this
unknown password that the money program has somehow corrupted in order to
open my file.  Does that clarify a little better?

Cheryl

> You are correct. Provided you are using US 2005 it will read earlier US
> versions.
>
> Try downloading the M2007 trial, see
> http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/default.aspx for link and see if
> that can open your .mny file. Take copies of the .mny file before you
> start.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I read that online somewhere else but my understanding is that all newer
>>programs will open all older programs but not the other way around.  Is
>>there any way to fix it or get the password they are looking for??????????
>>

>> "Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in
>> message news:%236geeoiBHHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Password requests where no password was in use is definitely MS dam fool
>>> way of telling you that you are opening a file produced by version n+1
>>> in version n. e.g. opening a M2005 file in M2004.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Bob Peel,
>>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>>
>>> For UK tips & fixes see
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>>

>>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>>
>>> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

0
tiredintx (6)
11/12/2006 5:46:40 PM
Got all that from your original posts.

If you never had a password on your .mny file then you are definitely not
using the same version of M2000 now that was used to create the file.

That is why I am suggesting that you try M2007 trial.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see

> Bob:
>
> Ok maybe I better start over.  I'm trying to restore a back up file that
> had originated in money 2000, I have both *.mny file and a *d1.mbf  file
> from that program that I'm trying to restore into money 2006.  Neither of
> them will work, they want a password and keep telling me I'm entering the
> wrong one. (I know I'm not) I also tried re-installing money 2000 onto my
> new computer and it won't open them either--same problem,  I'm wondering
> if my money 2000 didn't have some updates on it that are no longer
> available and that's what is causing all this mess.  But bottom line is I
> need this unknown password that the money program has somehow corrupted in
> order to open my file.  Does that clarify a little better?
>
> Cheryl
>

> "Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in
> message news:ea3sCQnBHHA.3228@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> You are correct. Provided you are using US 2005 it will read earlier US
>> versions.
>>
>> Try downloading the M2007 trial, see
>> http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/default.aspx for link and see if
>> that can open your .mny file. Take copies of the .mny file before you
>> start.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>

>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>I read that online somewhere else but my understanding is that all newer
>>>programs will open all older programs but not the other way around.  Is
>>>there any way to fix it or get the password they are looking
>>>for??????????
>>>

>>> "Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in
>>> message news:%236geeoiBHHA.2140@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
11/12/2006 8:30:09 PM
LOL we are missing something somewhere--- I DID have a password on that file
and I've entered it and it says its the wrong password.  I know FOR SURE its
the right password I have it written down 3 places and it is the same
version of money unless as I said it updated itself.  Thanks so much for
trying to help but I really don't want to have to download 7 but I may try
it if all else fails

Cheryl

> Got all that from your original posts.
>
> If you never had a password on your .mny file then you are definitely not
> using the same version of M2000 now that was used to create the file.
>
> That is why I am suggesting that you try M2007 trial.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>

> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Bob:
>>
>> Ok maybe I better start over.  I'm trying to restore a back up file that
>> had originated in money 2000, I have both *.mny file and a *d1.mbf  file
>> from that program that I'm trying to restore into money 2006.  Neither of
>> them will work, they want a password and keep telling me I'm entering the
>> wrong one. (I know I'm not) I also tried re-installing money 2000 onto my
>> new computer and it won't open them either--same problem,  I'm wondering
>> if my money 2000 didn't have some updates on it that are no longer
>> available and that's what is causing all this mess.  But bottom line is I
>> need this unknown password that the money program has somehow corrupted
>> in order to open my file.  Does that clarify a little better?
>>
>> Cheryl
>>

>> "Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in
>> message news:ea3sCQnBHHA.3228@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> You are correct. Provided you are using US 2005 it will read earlier US
>>> versions.
>>>
>>> Try downloading the M2007 trial, see
>>> http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/default.aspx for link and see if
>>> that can open your .mny file. Take copies of the .mny file before you
>>> start.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Bob Peel,
>>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>>
>>> For UK tips & fixes see
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>>

>>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>>
>>> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

0
tiredintx (6)
11/12/2006 9:01:04 PM
If you are trying to open backup files that were backed up to a CD
then those files are given a "Read Only" attribute.
After you transfer one of those files to your hard drive, right click it
and uncheck "Read Only"
I think I remember that having some effect on the whole password
process.  I may be wrong though.  But it's worth a shot.

-Kevin

> LOL we are missing something somewhere--- I DID have a password on that
> file and I've entered it and it says its the wrong password.  I know FOR
> SURE its the right password I have it written down 3 places and it is the
> same version of money unless as I said it updated itself.  Thanks so much
> for trying to help but I really don't want to have to download 7 but I may
> try it if all else fails
>
> Cheryl
>

> "Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in
> message news:OMkfdlpBHHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Got all that from your original posts.
>>
>> If you never had a password on your .mny file then you are definitely not
>> using the same version of M2000 now that was used to create the file.
>>
>> That is why I am suggesting that you try M2007 trial.
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Bob Peel,
>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>
>> For UK tips & fixes see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>

>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>
>> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Bob:
>>>
>>> Ok maybe I better start over.  I'm trying to restore a back up file that
>>> had originated in money 2000, I have both *.mny file and a *d1.mbf  file
>>> from that program that I'm trying to restore into money 2006.  Neither
>>> of them will work, they want a password and keep telling me I'm entering
>>> the wrong one. (I know I'm not) I also tried re-installing money 2000
>>> onto my new computer and it won't open them either--same problem,  I'm
>>> wondering if my money 2000 didn't have some updates on it that are no
>>> longer available and that's what is causing all this mess.  But bottom
>>> line is I need this unknown password that the money program has somehow
>>> corrupted in order to open my file.  Does that clarify a little better?
>>>
>>> Cheryl
>>>

>>> "Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in
>>> message news:ea3sCQnBHHA.3228@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

0
nospam7515 (2084)
11/12/2006 9:28:07 PM
Thanks Kevin, already thought of that one and it did help on one of my files
but not the other ones.

"Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> If you are trying to open backup files that were backed up to a CD
> then those files are given a "Read Only" attribute.
> After you transfer one of those files to your hard drive, right click it
> and uncheck "Read Only"
> I think I remember that having some effect on the whole password
> process.  I may be wrong though.  But it's worth a shot.
>
> -Kevin
>
> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
>> LOL we are missing something somewhere--- I DID have a password on that
>> file and I've entered it and it says its the wrong password.  I know FOR
>> SURE its the right password I have it written down 3 places and it is the
>> same version of money unless as I said it updated itself.  Thanks so much
>> for trying to help but I really don't want to have to download 7 but I
>> may try it if all else fails
>>
>> Cheryl
>>

>> "Bob Peel, MVP" <bob_peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote in
>> message news:OMkfdlpBHHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Got all that from your original posts.
>>>
>>> If you never had a password on your .mny file then you are definitely
>>> not using the same version of M2000 now that was used to create the
>>> file.
>>>
>>> That is why I am suggesting that you try M2007 trial.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>> Bob Peel,
>>> Microsoft MVP - Money
>>>
>>> For UK tips & fixes see
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
>>>

>>> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>>>
>>> "cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

0
tiredintx (6)
11/13/2006 1:34:24 AM
 Just a shot in the dark...

Have you tried Replacing... rather than Restoring ... the My Money.mny file
in M06.  Go to Program Files\Microsoft Money 2006 (this is the default
location I believe), and rename the My Money.mny file by changing the
extension to My Money.old or something similar.  Then make a copy of one of
your saved My Money.mny files and paste it to the Microsoft Money 2006
folder.   You can always rename both files again if this doesn't work.
Close and reopen M06 and see what happens.

You might also try the built-in repair tool that comes with M06.
Here is a link:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902466

Lastly, you may be trying to update thru too many versions of Money, and
might have to use an interim version.
Here is a link that talks about that:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108

Sorry if I am covering old ground her.
Good luck, keep us posted.

"cheryl" <tiredintx@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> My computer crashed (turned out to be my mother board) and I have numerous
> back ups (.mny) (from cd and floppy)  that I've tried to install on my new
> computer and every one of them want's a password.  One of my files did
> have
> a password and I know FOR SURE i'm entering the right one and its still
> not
> working.  I've tried installing to Money 2000 (the original one i had) and
> 2006 which the new computer has.  Neither seems to work at all.  I need
> this
> info for taxes and don't EVEN want to try to re-create it can anyone help
> with this?
>
> Thanks in advance for ANY help.
>
> Cheryl

0
stevev5413 (11)

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Help needed urgently
Hi, Im trying to check that one row of data satifies a criteria, then if it does it counts an entry in another column adjescent to it. Example: - Column A - Column B Blay - Y Blay - N Blay - Y Chop - N Chop - N High - Y What i would be asking (of a much bigger table) is If Column A = Blaydon and then column B (same row) = Y, then count. In this example I would want 2 returned as the answer. Is this possible? Thanks -- Andy Try one of these... Use cells to hold the criteria: D2 = Blaydon E2 = Y If you're using Excel 2007 or later: =COUNTIFS(A2:A7,...

help with dynamic tables

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Macro Help #18
Well I think this is a macro. I have searched my excel book and i can not seem to figure out what to do. I want to write something that if this statement is true, then the font color changes. But here is the potential problem. THe location of the text will change. So i need it to search for this text and then change the color. Does that make sense? Is this possible? If this can be done it will really help me. Thanks in advance. This is exactly what i am trying to do. You type in a persons name into cell a1. you also type a name into cell a2. These names will transfer over ...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

slow sync with Calendar using Kyocera 7135 via Outlook 2003
I'm stuck and need help. I have a Two Day Old Brand New Dell Dimension 4600. Does anyone out there know what to do when Outlook 2003 is giving a Log report that reads that Outlook Calendar - Slow Sync synchronization failed? This is a first time occurence for me. Outlook also reported that a device is trying to get access to my E- Mail addresses which may indicate a Virus may be present. I've run my McAfee Virus Protection and it didn't detrect anything. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Can anybody help? ...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...

Macro help with saving a spreadsheet with date and time in it
Can someone help me with some code that would save a file name as "schedule-mm-dd-yyyy-hh:mm"? Thanks, Alan Alan, how about something like this Sub Save_As() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Schedule " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy-hh-mm") & ".xls", FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _ , CreateBackup:=False End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Fee...

Help!
We went live with 4 decimals on our functional currency and we now want to reduce them to 2 decimals. All of our transactions so far are in 4 decimals. Can anyone guide me into doing this? thank you Use the Change Decimal Places window to change the number of decimal places used for keeping quantity or currency amounts for items. You might need to complete this procedure if an item was set up improperly, or if you’re changing the units of measurement for an item. NOTE: If an item is on an unposted transaction, you can’t change its decimal place settings. Ensure you have a complete ba...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

can not Send/receive using Outlook 2003
Just bouhght new computer and am loading all of my software that worked onmy old one. When I try to send and recieve I get the message object not found. I have used test and this work ok. I have also reloaded all of my broadband and office software numerous times to no prevail. Software Windows xp Office 2003 ADSlL broadband with bigpond Gp Check to make sure the accounts are setup correctly if they are then run Detect and Repair, still an issue then create a new profile. May also want to check your anti-virus software program setting for outgoing mail and disable that option. Rega...

using rule creates multiple entries. How can I stop this?
I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me how to correct or whether it can be corrected. I've tried creating different rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I can think. Here is the scenario. Although I'm using Lisa as an example, this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office. Lisa is my secretary. She sends me internal email, staff questions and stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox. I have a rule for this. She also sends me mail she has scanned. I ha...

Please help a exchange newbie.. Message filtering
I have a contact set up on Exchange 2003 that forwards to a cell phone for alerts generated in our environment. This contact is setup to get notice of several events, all events have separate email address as the "sender" one of the events gets allot of notices. I would like to have this contact not receive mail from the one email address that generated allot of events. I have set up the properties under the exchange general > messaging restrictions, and have authenticated users only and from everyone except the email account I don't want to receive alerts from, BUT when anyon...

Help me do this
Hi Everyone, I need some help. I want to use Windows Live mail without signing in or having a hotmail or live account. I use gmail and it works fine. I have exported all my contacts from my live.com email and imported all of my contacts so that is not the problem. I want to import my calendar from my live account. I can't find anyway to do this. If I stop signing in of course my calendar is gone. How can I export my live.com email calendar into windows live desktop client so I don't have to sign in anymore? Thx "T-Man" <a@anon.com> wrote in message...