Corrupted display page for tax estimator (Money 2003)

When I go to the Tax Estimator page in Money 2003 and hit next, my machine
momentarily hangs and then the page that is displayed is corrupted.  The
text on the personal information page overwrites itself and is unusable.  If
I go back and then forward (or switch to something else and come back), the
display is then fine.

Anyone else have this problem?  I am using Windows XP Professional and all
updates.

Jeff

0
Jeff
7/29/2003 2:37:18 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Yes. M02 also,. Haven't tested on M04 yet.

"Jeff Durham" <root@localhost> wrote in message
> Anyone else have this problem?  I am using Windows XP Professional and all
> updates.

Gives you a lot of confidence in the estimations.  Dick or anyone else, if
you ever do find out if this was fixed in '04, let us know.  (Still looking
for reason to buy '04.)

0
xb77 (64)
7/29/2003 4:27:54 PM
Actually, the estimates seem pretty good. It's just the screen rendering
that sucks.

"XB77" <xb77@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> Gives you a lot of confidence in the estimations.  Dick or anyone else, if
> you ever do find out if this was fixed in '04, let us know.  (Still
looking
> for reason to buy '04.)

Trial of 04 does it.

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Yes. M02 also,. Haven't tested on M04 yet.
>
> "Jeff Durham" <root@localhost> wrote in message
> > Anyone else have this problem?  I am using Windows XP Professional and
all
> > updates.

bjclarinet (489)
7/29/2003 7:46:44 PM
I have the same issue with M03. I've just learned to live with some of the
bugs in this program.

Ken

"Jeff Durham" <root@localhost> wrote in message
> When I go to the Tax Estimator page in Money 2003 and hit next, my machine
> momentarily hangs and then the page that is displayed is corrupted.  The
> text on the personal information page overwrites itself and is unusable.
If
> I go back and then forward (or switch to something else and come back),
the
> display is then fine.
>
> Anyone else have this problem?  I am using Windows XP Professional and all
> updates.
>
> Jeff

0
kcoakley (27)
7/29/2003 7:58:53 PM
Many, many people have seen this with many different vide card drivers. It
has been reported here on numerous occasions. This is not a data file
corruption issue. The code is broken. It was broken in M02. It was broken in
M03. Now Bonnie reports it's broken in M04.

"joe" <joe@joe.com> wrote in message
> Test this problem in the sample file located ususally in
> c:\program files\microsoft money\. if the problem happens
> in that file it is probably something system related like
> video card drivers. if it does not happen then your file
> is probably corrupted. good luck

Thanks everyone for the responses.  Sounds like I am not the only one who is
experiencing this problem.  This happens with the Money 2003 sample file so
it is most likely not my money file which has been around for several
versions of Money.  I tried changing from 24 bit to 16 bit color also.  The
first time, Money paused for a while, but the screen painted correctly.  I
then exited Money, tried it again in 16 bit color, but the screen was
corrupted.

I guess this is just a Money 2002+ bug.

Jeff

"Jeff Durham" <root@localhost> wrote in message
> When I go to the Tax Estimator page in Money 2003 and hit next, my machine
> momentarily hangs and then the page that is displayed is corrupted.  The
> text on the personal information page overwrites itself and is unusable.
If
> I go back and then forward (or switch to something else and come back),
the
> display is then fine.
>
> Anyone else have this problem?  I am using Windows XP Professional and all
> updates.
>
> Jeff

0
Jeff

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Monitor Server in 2003?

Outlook 2003
Just bought new PC. Everything is Microsoft. XP Home - Microsoft Works (came installed) - User like to use MSN for e-mail, Sent Microsoft $300.00 to activate Office that came installed on machine. Word will not allow MSN to be the e-mail client. System crashed and burned after activation of Office. Outlook 2003 seems a little unstable. Why would a new PC with Works, Office Express and Outlook 2003 be shipped? All these programs do the same thing and they don't seem to talk with each other well. On top of this all she wants to do is use Word and send the document through MSN nor...

Date display in Excel

PAGE SIZE DIFFICULTY
WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >-----Original Message----- >WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION REMAINS THE SAME. >COULD SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO SHRINK MY DOCUMENT TO MATCH MY PAPER SIZE >. > Choose Page setup from the File drop down menu and set the page size to suit your needs. Note that elements on the page do not change. You will have to rearrange to suit. MISS2728 wrote: > WHEN I CHANGE MY PAGE SIZE AND PAPER SIZE MY PUBLICATION RE...

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Heading at top of page
Working in Word 2003, I put two spaces between a paragraph and the next 'heading 2'. This works fine until the 'heading 2' spills on to the next page. There is then two spaces gap at the top of the page. Is there a way to tell word to keep the heading at the top of the page if it spills over? Don't want to put in a hard page break. Thanks Jon. -- j4k How are you creating the spacing? If you are pressing Enter twice, then don't. Use Spacing Before instead (Paragraph dialog box, Indents and Spacing tab). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

Displaying Scenarios
I have set up a number of scenarios on a worksheet as they relate to different versions of my budget. Rather than having to go in everytime and display each one individuall, I would like to enter a parameter in one cell that will automatically display the right scenarios. Hopefully, using a conditional statement of some kind. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jeffrey Albaum Controller Jet Moulding Compounds Inc. Ajax, Ontario, Canada How about a worksheet_change event? I created a couple of custom views and then rightclicked on the worksheet tab that held the important cell. ...

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Estimated Revenue of an Opportunity 03-09-07
Hi folks, It would be very useful to be able to simply quote an amount for an Opportunity without having to break the amount down into individual products. This can be done through the Estimated Revenue field of an Opportunity. When it is set to be user provided, the estimated revenue is not carried over automatically when a related quote is created. Write-in products can be added to a Quote, Order or Invoice to achieve that functionality but as far as I can see there is no facility to achieve the same thing with an Opportunity. Basically I would like to set an Estimated Revenue valu...

Upgrading from Money 99 to 2004
Is it worth upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2004. I have several years of complete financial data in my Money 99 program. Just wondering if it is worth the cost and hassel to upgrade. Is the upgrade path (conversion) from Money 99 to Money 2004 pretty easy. Thanks in advance for any replys and help. Regards, Richard Well, your mileage may vary on it. Some people like 2004, others don't. I'd always recommend the trial before you buy though. You can get an idea of what's in the latest version, whether it's suitable for you etc. 2004 should just convert a 99 file, assu...

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...