Corrupt record in Money 2004

I have one record in my .mny file that I can't clear when
I try to accept it after it has downloaded from my credit
card site.  I keep getting the message that the
transaction cannot be entered and it remains outstanding -
bolded.  I tried the salvage processes - msmoney.exe -s
and salv.exe.  Neither worked.  I just want to delete this
one record and put it back manually.  Is there a way to do
this with jet database functionality?
0
anonymous (74722)
4/26/2004 6:36:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Not that is exposed to any of us users. The database is actually "msisam"--a
buttoned up derivative of Jet.

"Bill Boffi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have one record in my .mny file that I can't clear when
> I try to accept it after it has downloaded from my credit
> card site.  I keep getting the message that the
> transaction cannot be entered and it remains outstanding -
> bolded.  I tried the salvage processes - msmoney.exe -s
> and salv.exe.  Neither worked.  I just want to delete this
> one record and put it back manually.  Is there a way to do
> this with jet database functionality?

Have you got a backup that predates your downloading of the corrupt data?

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com.

"Bill Boffi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have one record in my .mny file that I can't clear when
> I try to accept it after it has downloaded from my credit
> card site.  I keep getting the message that the
> transaction cannot be entered and it remains outstanding -
> bolded.  I tried the salvage processes - msmoney.exe -s
> and salv.exe.  Neither worked.  I just want to delete this
> one record and put it back manually.  Is there a way to do
> this with jet database functionality?

0
SPAM5796 (251)
4/26/2004 8:40:46 PM
I do, Bob, but it's a couple of weeks old.  If I don't
find a way to fix this one record, I'kk go back to the
backup.
Thanks
Bill Boffi
boffi@att.net

0
anonymous (74722)

money locks up
I am using Money 2000 standard that came with Works Suite 2000. I just installed a new hard drive and then reinstalled all the CD's with Works suite. I also had the back up data so that was also installed. Now if I use money for very long it will lock up and I cannot get out only by shutting off the computer with the manual off button and lose data I have entered. If I let the program sit for 5 minutes without entering information it also locks up. What isn't right? ...

Money 2004 #9
Just 'upgraded' to Money 2004 from Money 2003. One stock investment I track in Money has had several splits over the years. M2004 increased my number of shares by approx 40%. No other investment I track seems to have this problem. As I have the last M2003 entries backed up, I suppose I could try to remove M2004 then reload M2003; then upgrade to M2004 yet again. Has anyone had a similar problem? Any workarounds known? ...

Web upgraded money recover
I downloaded the 60 day trial of Money 2004 6 months ago. I then used the web upgrade to get the full license. My hard drive crashed this week. I have backups of all my money files. My problem is, how can I get a replacement of my web upgrade? I already paid once, is there someone I can call at MS to get a replacement license key, or do I have to purchase it again? Search postings for newsgroup microsoft.public.money using an advanced search at http://groups.google.com. You will find your answer there. And next year, please just go buy the CD like us other folk. "Ian" <ia...

Filter records that include certain text strings
I want to create customized reports where a user can enter text strings, then the program will search for all records that contain that text string and display them. The filter functions are exclusive. -- W Dean Welch On Jul 6, 6:34 pm, Dean Welch <wdeanwe...@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I want to create customized reports where a user can enter text strings, then > the program will search for all records that contain that text string and > display them. The filter functions are exclusive. > -- > W Dean Welch In the same field? Just pass a filter in the open event of the ...

Money 2006 file repair application error

MS money 2004 Deluxe canadian edition
Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but when I try to buy the Canadian version, MS Money keeps taking me to US only version purchase options. The MS Money web site couldn't have been less helpful. Derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have >found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. No Deluxe. > >I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but >...

Repair SQL Corrupt database
Hi, I have a corrupt MS SQL Server 2005 database which I am trying to repair using: DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) Unfortunately this does not seem to fix anything. After running the repair multiple times, I ran DBCC CHECKDB ('MYDB') WITH NO_INFOMSGS to see if it fixed the corruption, I noticed that is was returning a random amount of errors on each run. Does any know if It is the case that this database is beyond repair? If so will the best approach be to revert back to a non corrupt database backup and then roll forward using Transaction Lo...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version?
I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I cannot find it. Where can I get one? There isn't one. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/422.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "masai" <masai_chadi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:op.tm81u5pvdvcnul@dikutoto.gv.shawcable.net... >I have been looking for Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Canadian version and I >ca...

Help With Strange Error When Trying to Save Any Record
I am getting astrane error happens when try to create any new record (Customer, Item, Vendor or Account), the system gives me a message that "Save Operation Failed" and when i click "More Info" the error message is "Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.aagGetCompanyStatus'", although i have created alot of items, customers, accounts and vendors before but suddenly this error appeared. Any quick help will be highly appreciated. It would appear that the AAG has something to do with a product produced by American Association of Geographers. I...

Unable to restore Money file in MM 2006
Greetings once again all... Recently I have had to restore my computer and am now not able to use the money file I previously backed up, no matter what I try. It either asks me for a password or when I do manage to open the money file by clicking File>Open and browsing for the backed up money file, it constantly asks me for my password and when I enter it it tells me that it's wrong even though I am signed in with it in Windows Messenger. And when I do manage to get beyonde the sign in screen it does not display any of my accounts. Could anyone please help? Elaine...

Reinstalling Money 2004
Back in 2003/4 I tried the 2004 Trial and then upgraded online. My hard drive just went bad, so I'm reinstalling everything on a new drive. How do I re-activate 2004 from the trial install? I don't have the non-trail download. I do have my activation code. If you go to tools... upgrade money... it take me to a website that redirect you to buying Money 2006. Thanks. Did you keep your confirmation email? I believe the activation page would be listed in there. The web pages that support the activation should still be up, but I think you need to navigate to them directly. Th...

Can I delete everything on MSN Money?
Hello, I seem to have lots of problems syncronizing my MSN Money information with the web. It seems to work fine for a few months, then, for no reason, I start to get syncronization errors. I have signed up for multiple passports, because when these problems start, it seems that I get tons of multiple accounts. For example, on my one MSN Money account I have 15+ old accounts that I can't delete. 1. How do I delete ALL of the information out on MSN Money for my passport account? 2. How do I keep the syncronization from breaking in the future? Any tips or advice would be g...

one page academic calendar for 2004-05
Where can I find a one page academic calendar for 2004-05 with room for notes In Publisher, go to File > New > Print Publication > Calendar and create your own. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "shopperbev" <shopperbev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0940CD82-2A40-4932-982A-122ABFB41497@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a one page academic calendar for 2004-05 with room for > notes ...

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

Download of Money 2005
Downloaded 2005 and keep getting error message that Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run money. Try installing money again. I tried and tried. It will not work. Called support-held for 30 mins.-no answer. What now? ...

Money 30 Day Money Back Guarantee; instructions.
I tried out Money 2004 Small Business with an idea I might switch from quicken 2003 Home and Business. For a number of reasons that involve primairly invoices and Stock transaction updates, I'm sticking with Quicken. I purchased Money at Staples. At that time I asked the clerk about returning the product and he said I 'd have to deal directly with Microsoft. On the Money box there is a Money-Back 30 Day Guarantee Seal and that's all. No specific instructions as to what to do, where to send etc. If someone has this information please share it or directl me to where I might it...

MS Money for Palm OS
Hi there Is Money 2002 available for the Palm OS? Any resources/links would be appreciated Thanks Ian Mick Any version of Money? 2002? "Mick" <alaskan@cox.net> wrote in message news:09a001c3d46b$8a447fc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Ian, > > I have looked into various Palm OS finacial softwares. > None would sync both ways, either with Quicken or Money > except for one. It's called Ultrasoft and can be found at > http://www.ultrasoft.com/ > > It syncs with Money (not Quicken) and allows me to input > data either into Money or Ultrasoft on my Pa...

money 2004 won't sync
After re installing both money pc and desktop I can't get money to sync anymore. lost all files on the pocket pc. please help? Activesync doesn't let me use the money settings it's grayed out all other programs sync fine. -- John Have you tried to repair the money file on the desktop? >-----Original Message----- >After re installing both money pc and desktop I can't get money to sync >anymore. lost all files on the pocket pc. >please help? Activesync doesn't let me use the money settings it's grayed >out all other programs sync fine. > >--...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems

repaired a corrupt mailbox store, what to do about corrupt emails
Good morning, One of our mailbox stores got corrupt last night. I went through the process of the repair, offline defrag, etc. and I have the store up and running. As result of the corruption, some of the users are experiencing mail items they can't delete/open, or the mailbox is reporting x number of unread msgs that aren't there. Most of these seem to correspond to the time the store went down. Now I have prepared the users to the idea that these messages may not be recoverable, but I don't know the best way to go about cleaning up the few users that have corrupt emai...

Money 2001 suddenly started crashing
I've used Money 2001 for several years. Suddenly it started crashing when I go to Investing/Portfolio. This may have started after I installed SP2 for Win XP. Anyone have the same problem or know of a fix? Do you get an error message? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specifi...

IMPORTING MONEY FILES DUP ENTRIES
I have been unable to run money98 files in money2003.Tried importing files but all tranfers between accounts are duplicated. Don't understand how to import all the accounts at once. I created new accounts in 2003 and imported one by one, but any transactions between accounts is duplicated. Follow the prompts on the import file dialog that tell you to select multiple files to import at the same time. There are other guidelines if investment accounts are involved. You might want to review postings on this subject in the group archives at http://groups.google.com. "JAYNE" &l...

cdrom.sys corrupt in Win7
Yesterday Win7 decided to no longer show my 2 LiteOn DVDRW drives. I've tried to re-install/repair the driver (6.1.7600.16385) and everytime I get the same response = my current driver is good. BUT, then when I check with Device Manager, it shows that the drives are not working. Can anyone help me get a new cdrom.sys installed into the system32/drivers folder? Booting up with the Win7 DVD will work. But I can't find the cdrom.sys on the disk. No other repair options are there to get this fixed. Help would certainly be appreciated. I don't want to have to start all o...

I'm about to toss Money completely.
After using Money for almost three years, I have enjoyed using the product. However, about 6 months ago it began screwing up. First some background. I am a Fidelity customer and use Money to download my statements. I then categorize the transaction, add memo etc. to one or more transactions. Here are the problems: 1. I download statements from Fidelity. Money should "Read Transactions". But when I click on the link to reconcile, it doesn't display anything. In effect, Money is unusable to me at this point because nothing is being updated. 2. I tried ALL the mean...