corrupt file or not a money back up file

I know that this has been posted before, but never
saw any where the issue was resolved and how it was
resolved.  I have three sets of back up money files
that all give the same error.

I had to reload money when my computer crashed.  I get
the error after I click on *d1.mbf and then hit ok after
inserting the second disk.  It states that d1.mbf is
corrupt or is not a money backup file.  I also tried this
from the hardrive.  Same results

Any suggestions please?

Thnks,  Miss Cammy
0
anonymous (74722)
1/30/2004 9:55:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Cammy wrote:

>I know that this has been posted before, but never
>saw any where the issue was resolved and how it was
>resolved.  I have three sets of back up money files
>that all give the same error.
>
>I had to reload money when my computer crashed.  I get
>the error after I click on *d1.mbf and then hit ok after
>inserting the second disk.  It states that d1.mbf is
>corrupt or is not a money backup file.  I also tried this
>from the hardrive.  Same results

Does the second disk contain *d1.mbf, or does it contain *d2.mbf?

Apparently each disk's contents copied to the hard drive
successfully. That indicates the problem is not media or drive
failure. I don't have much hope for you, except that I would do a
Start->Search for '*.mny, *,mbf" without the quotes in case there is
a file on the hard drive that you are not already aware of. I guess
one more slight hope is that you got the diskettes mixed with
another set.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
1/30/2004 10:19:24 PM
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Cammy

0
anonymous (74722)

Error When Registering DLL File Created in VC++
Hi i am new to create dll file in vc++ , i had created some small function in dll and build the dll . i had made entry in .def file . it is successfully creating dll file. but when i try to register that dll it is showing error that dll was loaded but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found . dllregisterserver may not be exported or corrupt version of dll is in memory try to remove by using pview i don't know how to remove this error . if anyone is having the answer pls reply me Thanks in advance Mitesh Mitesh, Do you have a dllmain function in your dll, or you are just ...

tilda file?
This little tilda file "~" appears in various places in my win2k fs. When I delete it, it reappears some where else. I can only have one file at a time, even if it's in the recycle bin. So I'm wondering if it's associated with the outlook address book, which I've found references for elsewhere, or if it's something else. The tilda file is about 640k in size. I just wanna know what it is and if I really need it. I believe this is due to a buggy update in Outlook Express....I think it's a copy of your address book. Note: This is a group to support Outlo...

E-mail bounce back error
The code is 5.2.3. I have tried increasing the maximum size of out going e-mails in exchange with no luck of getting my e-mails out. Does anyone have any other ideas besides increase size of incoming and outgoing e-mails. Thanks, ...

Downloading file from Unix not working
I am trying to download a file from a Unix server to my Windows platform and the file is not being downloaded. My code is shown below: FtpWebRequest request = (FtpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(ftpsite); request.AuthenticationLevel = System.Net.Security.AuthenticationLevel.None; request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential(UserID, UserPassword); request.Method = WebRequestMethods.Ftp.DownloadFile; FtpWebResponse response = (FtpWebResponse)request.GetResponse(); Message.Text = response.StatusDescription; response.Close(); The variable ftpsite is set to an ftp address such as "...

Re: Recovering email from .ost file
Agree 100% about the need for a recovery path. If there is a $600 program that can recover file so much for security argument. I was screwed in the same fashion by a Exchange server that crashed and we had to rebuild from scratch. ...

Use my Exchange as Front and Back End
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C708A9.48A5A920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How i can put my server to be use as End and Front End. I need to activate the web option for my users. When I try to check the box for Front End it says Cannot be both Back = and Front End. How I can solve that. Rafael ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C708A9.48A5A920 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3...

Internal application error in Money 2002
Hi. Can anybody help. Suddenly I cannot run Money. When I open the program, a window pops up with the message "Internal application error". I have removed and reinstalled Money, I have restored my PC to a restore point a week ago, but this blody window still pops up and the only option is to close Money. I have installed Money on another PC and run the program with the same Money-file without any problem. Hence, the data is okay but not Money. Who can help ? Thank you. Regards, Kim Bang-Sorensen In microsoft.public.money, Kim Bang-Sorensen wrote: > > >Can anybod...

Posting Setup File Empty error
Hello - I'm trying to setup PA in one of our companies and I keep on getting this error when I go to Misc Log Entry : The Posting Setup File is Empty. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks in advance. Marisol ...

Hyperlinking to External Files
Greetings. I have Excel 2007 and Windows XP. I am using a worksheet in Excel as a hyperlink storage bin (containing links to external files). I realize there are many other programs that might be more suitable for this purpose, but I'd rather keep all these file links in Excel (conveniently with all my other other stuff). I'd rather not use OneNote (or AskSam, UltraRecall, ConectedText, etc.), though they could do the job I'm sure. In certain cells I have as I said above hyperlinks that link to many (relatively small) external files (including pdfs). When I click on the h...

Navigate2, where do files cache?
I am using the Navigate2 function to display a webpage inside an MFC app. I am having trouble finding the location on my PC where the temporary internet files from this application are stored. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Repeating garbage in excel file, need help
At work we are using Excel 2000 and have a workbook that contains several grids. Each grid contains formulas to calculate averages and percentages. This month after the report was completed I saved it and printed out the grids. For unknown reasons after I saved it that day when I closed all the grids became formatted differently, general number cells became percentage cells and random numbers were put in place of data, I had to use last months report to correct the report. It's on a network drive and lots of people update it. I know that no one did this, it was some kind of corru...

Transfering Outlook EM files from one computer to another
I want to transfer my Outlook email files from a laptop to a desktop using Intellimover. Intellimover customer support says to searh for a file labelled *.pst Would anybody know if I need to look for any other files to transfer over in the process so that my email files are on my new computer? All your email should be in the PST file(s) (might be more than one if you've archived items). "Greg Billings" <billings@myexcel.com> wrote in message news:0d3901c368c1$60ffcea0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I want to transfer my Outlook email files from a laptop to > a des...

Saving Excel Macros on a File and Print server
Is there a way that an Excel macro can be saved on a File and Print server such that a user can use the macro from any workstation on the network? Excel macros live in excel workbooks. If you save the workbook to a server, then the other users could just open that workbook in excel and run the macro. They'll have to have excel. Bobo wrote: > > Is there a way that an Excel macro can be saved on a File > and Print server such that a user can use the macro from > any workstation on the network? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How is tech support for Money?
Hello -- I'm evaluating Money 2005, and these boards are very helpful in seeing the types of problems people are having. I think problems in software this complex are inevitable, so the real judgement should be how quickly and easily Microsoft people are able to make themselves available to solve problems, and then actually solve them. The MVP responses here seem great, but with all due respect to their knowledge it isn't backed up with the power to actually go in and fix things if they come up. So has anyone interacted with Microsoft tech support on Money issues? With so...

Exiting an Excel file Errorr
When I select File / Exit, I receive error message "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references references" But have validated that every cell in workbook is empty. Is there something I can check to see what my problem might be? Thank you for any guidance There are a vairety of other ways an Excel workbook can be linked other than by cell formula. There's a wonderful utility out there from John Manville which can help you find them. You can find the "FindLinks" utility at http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm HTH / Tyla / On Mar 14, 12:43...

MS Money 2002 Cash Flow
When I enter a new checking account as a business account it does not show the cash flow effect on the graph in the transaction window when I enter transactions. If I transfer the account to personal the cash flow shows up. It has the same effect in the cash flow forecast window - the business accounts dont show up - only the personal. The only help message is that closed accounts dont show up which does not seem relevant. Thanks That sounds familiar, 2002 didn't allow me in the UK to do that when I last used it. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.micro...

QIF file?
need to convert excel to qif. XP's causing trouble! What are you using to convert it? Importing it in Quicken? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Maura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a2801c3ab03$3a234f30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > need to convert excel to qif. XP's causing trouble! > Something that looks good to me follows, of course both Quicken and MS Money are trying to get people financial institutions away from QIF files and into proprietory formats so everyone has to buy their software to transfer data. QIF - Quicken Interchang...

export customed file dialog from mfc-dll
I create a customed file dialog class in a mfc-extend dll,and I use the AFX_EXT_CLASS macro to export the class,but it can not work in app.when a app create a instance of that class and call the "DoModal()",nothing is happened.How to export customed file dialog from mfc-dll? "pango" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FCCC22C-BC10-4809-9396-2CB95AF518BE@microsoft.com... > I create a customed file dialog class in a mfc-extend dll,and I use the AFX_EXT_CLASS macro to export the class,but it can not work in app.when a app create a instance ...

Windows 7 checked HAL source file
I went through the following page about installing just checked build OS and HAL for Windows 7, as it stated for Vista and later http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc835892.aspx I cant find HAL SourceFileName from "%SystemRoot%\Inf\setuppapi.dev.log" file as hal.dll is not available I had halacpi.dll and halmacpi.dll file available in WDK i386 debug directory, these file names are not present on the log file(!) I just went on and used halmacpi.dll file as the HAL source file (as my target system is multiprocessor) and updated the boot entry as well, as less e...

Money 2003 to Money 2004
I had a catastrophic HDD crash the other day, of course my data was backed up. I have been using the standard version of Money 2003 for a couple years and like it. My new PC comes with Money 2004 loaded. Will there be any problem with 2004 reading the 2003 file? Any compelling reason to upgrade to 2004? Or should I just stick to the familiar 2003? Thanks for any input!!! In microsoft.public.money, RHinNC wrote: >I had a catastrophic HDD crash the other day, of course my data was backed >up. I have been using the standard version of Money 2003 for a couple years >and like it. My ...

fast search in file
Hi, quick questions, what would be the best choice for fastest caching method (to the file)? I need fast inserting and retrieving data (searching) from that file. thanks You may want to investigate a database format like .mdb or other ISAM methods. If you are just searching through text you may want to use CStdioFile to search line by line through the file. Tom "alladyn" <alladyn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OgSrseCqFHA.3104@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > quick questions, what would be the best choice for > fastest caching method (to the file)? I need fas...

advertising junk in Money 2004
Is there anyway to get rid of all the MSN advertising junk? Everywhere I go in Money I get little blurbs about stocks in the left column or little blurbs about being "powered" by MSN. In microsoft.public.money, Stephen wrote: >Is there anyway to get rid of all the MSN advertising >junk? Everywhere I go in Money I get little blurbs about >stocks in the left column or little blurbs about >being "powered" by MSN. Tools->Options->General->TurnOffSponsorshipsAndShoppingLinks does what is available. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q5 for the an...

Extract the Audio from Video files
Hi, Can anyone help with this please. I have windows 7, and have downloaded movies from my video camera. I would like to extraxt just the audio from these to have as music files. Is there a way i can do this with Windows media player or windows products and not from unknown downloaded internet sites (which look dodgy). Thanks If you can open the movies with Windows Movie Maker, you could use that to extract the audio, see http://www.walkernews.net/2008/08/16/windows-movie-maker-how-to-extract-audio-track-from-video-clip Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-produ...

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86), can i redistribute single files of it?
Hi, until today i always forced users to download/install the complete package of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86), but mostly my applications only need the msvcr90.dll to run. So my question here is if i can pack this file into my installer and redistribute it with my application. For my case it would be just fine if the dll would be in the same directory as the app is. Is it legal to redisitribute the single dll or do i have to pack the complete msi installer into my app installer, which makes the complete installer a huge package,... I didnt find any informatio...

I can't install office it says the setup file is already running
I can't install office it says the setup file is already running. I installed office on my system a few weeks ago. now I get the error message, that says I should upgrade to SP2. But I thought I was running that and I have never had that message before on any system I have installed it on. Can someone tell me wat I am to do. So what happens if you run MS Update & install Critical updates? "Bighammo" <Bighammo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F30ADA-FA05-4A1F-83C7-4056D65971DB@microsoft.com... >I can't install office it says t...