correct password won't work

Hi,

I had to reformat & reinstall Win XP Pro SP3. I reinstalled Money 2002
Deluxe v10.0. That went OK but I can  not access my money file or restore the
backup. I don't use any of the online features of the app. I know I am using
the same password as it was the same one before I had to reformat. Any idea
how I can open my file? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Jawad wrote:

>I had to reformat & reinstall Win XP Pro SP3. I reinstalled Money 2002
>Deluxe v10.0. That went OK but I can  not access my money file or restore the
>backup. I don't use any of the online features of the app. I know I am using
>the same password as it was the same one before I had to reformat. Any idea
>how I can open my file? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Typically this means that the version of Money that created the file
was a newer version than the Money 2002 that you just installed.
0
Cal
1/1/2010 8:00:59 AM
Try opening your ***.mny datafile on a PC running a newer version of Money.
If that works, the conversion process will automatically make a backup of
your original file, with an extension that identifies the version used to
make it.   ***.m10  would indeed have been made by Money 2002. Please report
back to this NG thread and tell us the result.

Were you originally using M$ Passport or anything like that?

teabag

"Jawad" <Jawad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I had to reformat & reinstall Win XP Pro SP3. I reinstalled Money 2002
> Deluxe v10.0. That went OK but I can  not access my money file or restore
> the
> backup. I don't use any of the online features of the app. I know I am
> using
> the same password as it was the same one before I had to reformat. Any
> idea
> how I can open my file? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

0
teabag

Booklet used to print correctly
My company just updated to MS Office 2007. I have a small booklet in Publisher that used to print perfectly, now pages are upside down. I’ve read previous posts, even tried smaller paper. Ahhh, please help… ...

Non Working day not showing in Gantt Chart
Hi I have made a copy of the standard calendar and in the copy calendar under Change Working Time I have added a couple of Non Working days. They show up as an 'exeption day' in calendar here but when I look at the date in the gantt view it is still showing as a working day. I have checked under the Project properties that the Copy Standard calendar is being used. Has anyone any idea as to why it is not showing in the Gantt Chart. Thanks The Gantt chart non-working time display can be controlled by any base calendar you choose and is set indepedently of the Proj...

password protected #4
Hello, I need to write a program to open and update a bunch of excel documents. problem is, that some are password protected. and if i hit them, then the user password dialog opens. is there a way to tell if a document is password protected? an open command? so i know to skip that document? thanks Dave Peterson suggested this to as similar question: Dim wb as Workbook For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Set wb = Nothing On Error Resume Next Set wb = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=.FoundFiles(i), _ Password:="", writerespassword:="") On Error...

Forwarding rule not working
Hello! I have Outlook 2003 connecting to an SBS 2003 server. I have an Outlook rule (not client-only) set up to forward one particular email to my pager (mail from Vonage telling me I have a voice mail) and then move the mail to a "Vonage Voice Mail Alerts" folder I added under my Inbox. If I run the rule manually, the message gets moved, but I never get a message on my pager (tried it to my cell phone and it failed as well). If I manually forward one of the voice mail messages, it makes it to my pager and/or cell phone. What is the difference between manually forwarding it ...

The arrow keys stopped working properly
Dear All, Suddenly, the arrow keys stopped working properly, i.e., when I hit them, I get the start menu of Windows2000 instead of having the cursor moving to a different cell in the Excel spreadsheet. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Paul Paul, Try pressing the Scroll Lock key on your keyboard. ScrLk "Paul Smith" <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote in message news:87dfaa77-0f1a-4c51-ac16-5de989dcd663@i18g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Dear All, > > Suddenly, the arrow keys stopped working properly, i.e., when I hit > them, I get the start menu of Windows2000 instead of hav...

Saving Password #2
I'm using Outlook Express for two POP 3 accounts, but I can't get either account to "Remember Password"--have gone into properties, checked the remember box and hit apply, but it disappears and I must enter passwords for receive and send on both accounts. I'm running XP with Norton Internet Security. Don't have this problem with laptop running same programs. Frustrating. The following article may help... Your password is not retained in Outlook 2002 and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836664 A good website for information on OE is: http:...

Excel XP: Vertical scrollbar doesn't work on form
I have a large (750 x 750) form that users with 800x600 size screens need to use. I've specified that a vertical scrollbar be on the form and stay visible. But the scollbar is disabled (still visible) when the form loads. (Disabled = no thumb pad to move up/down on the bar.) The scrollbar is on the form in Design view and I've got these to statements in the form_activate event: Me.KeepScrollBarsVisible = fmScrollBarsVertical Me.VerticalScrollBarSide = fmVerticalScrollBarSideRight How can I get the vertical scroolbar to work? -- Birk Binnard http://www.birkbinnard.com ...

CheckRadioButton
Over the years, I've never got this function to work - not that I need it very often (there are usually better ways). Given that the tab and group order flags for the radio buttons concerned are correctly set up, and their ID's are in the correct order, then why doesn't CheckRadioButton( 1001, // first, 1003, // last 1002 // The one I want checked ) ; .... do anything ? Return code is non-zero indicating no error, but no buttons are checked. By getting each as a CButton in turn (using GetDlgItem)(yuk!) and the applying the appropriate SetCheck() I can set...

Back up file function no longer works
Although we have previously had no problem with running a backup of our Money 2002 file on file close, we now get an error message saying that "The operation cannot be performed." The filename is the same it always was. Any ideas? ...

Windows Explorer has stopped working
I keep getting a pop up saying something like "windows explorer has stopped working" and then says "windows explorer is restarting" but nothing ever happens it just keeps popping up! http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=%22windows+explorer+has+stopped+working%22&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us "Joel Honrade" wrote: > I keep getting a pop up saying something like...

Pulldown for format cells not working

password #3
Hi I have some old excel data that is password protected, I now have no idea what the password is. Any way at all to recover these? Mike -- Please Reply to News Groups Only. Thank you Hey Mike, http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html The file size is about 35 kb. Goodluck "Mike W" <michael@NewsgroupOnly.freeserve.co.uk> schreef in bericht news:bpu40n$hl0$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hi I have some old excel data that is password protected, I now have no idea > what the password is. > Any way at all to recover these? > Mike > > > -- > Please Rep...

password protection #6
running windows xp and all of a sudden when i go to the mil icon at top bar it no longer asks for my password to open the mail box ?? any ideas how to restore it so its password protected?? cheers guys garmav@hotmail.com <garmav@hotmail.com> wrote: > running windows xp and all of a sudden when i go to the mil icon at > top bar it no longer asks for my password to open the mail box ?? > any ideas how to restore it so its password protected?? cheers guys Are you using Exchange or a PST? -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > garmav@hotmail.com <garmav@ho...

"Microsoft Autoupdate" not working through a web cache
Greetings - I have used Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac pretty much since it came out. The problem I'm having is that the Microsoft Autoupdate program... * does NOT work if my web traffic is directed through our site's web cache/proxy (provided using the "Squid" server) * WORKS if I configure my Mac's System Preferences Proxies settings to bypass our web cache for www.microsoft.com This latter is a workaround option I can use. HOWEVER we now have users who are *required* to go through the web cache/proxy for their web access; they cannot bypass it. (The...

RPC over HTTPS - Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook SP2
Hi, I'm absolutely stuck. I've been through almost every knowledgebase article i've found and along the way fixed every error i've come across (which has pretty much been all of them). I've got a single exchange server enabled for RPC over HTTPS. I've got a self signed ssl certificate created via the IIS resource kit using Self SSL which I have trusted and is called the same as my external url to my owa server. I can navigate to owa without getting prompted with certificate information, and I can go to http://<url>/rpc where i get prompted for username and passw...

Compacting doesn't work
Initial size of pst file 50MB. You delete plenty of messages + empty deleted items which is too large. Check the size of the pst file and it's the same which is normal. Then you compact the database and that finishes very quickly (1 second). then you check the size again and it's still the same, which is not normal. Why does that happen? In all cases that I have done that, the pst file will shrink right after compacting it. May take one or two clicks on the compact now button, but Microsoft does amount of data + 4% since there is a cost in waiting for the hardware to grow t...

Trans. by Cat. Report not working
Hi all-- I've been using Money a number of years - just upgraded from 03 to 05 about a week ago. I've having problems with some of the reports. Specifically, on "Reports Home" page when I click on "Transactions by Category", there's a real quick flash, like it's going to the report, but then the window goes back to showing "Reports Home". A similar thing was happening with one of my "favorite" reports - I ended up going in to Organize Favorites, selecting the non-appearing report and clicking Customize. Then I saw that there were no c...

Outlook Web Access stops working after loading SP2 on Exchange 2003
My outlook web access was fine until I loaded SP2 on my Exchange 2003 server. Since then, the folders don't show properly and it says loading but doesn't load. The links to the folders (inbox, calendar, etc, can be clicked but nothing shows up. This server was fine until SP2 was loaded. This problem exists inside and outside the network. you can try to recreate the owa folders. take a look at this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380/en-us "Mazzard" <george@cnrnet.net> wrote in message news:1168234257.174862.124390@q40g2000cwq.googlegroups.com... > My outl...

I do not find on Microsoft Offce Outlook the command Working offli
Please can anyone help me! Thanks Sorry, we need the problem stated in th --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Veronica Sabatin asked: | Please can anyone help me! | Thanks Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote: > Sorry, we need the problem stated in th <ear-to-ear grin> -- Brian Tillman ...

Lookup not working correctly
Excel 2003 =IF(A2="","",LOOKUP(A2,{"A","A-","B+","B","B-","C+","C","C-","D+","D","D-","F";4,3.75,3.25,3,2.75,2.25,2,1.75,1.25,1,0.75,0})) B gives me a value of 3.75 but should give me a 3.00 C gives me a value of 2.75 but should give me a 2.00 What am I doing wrong? Thanks Dave LOOKUP must be in sequence. If you put the grades in a colum or row & sort them you'll find the sequence is not as you have them, but "A","A-"...

vlookup when correct
I have a lookup table and have put the formula into another worksheet where it works. I am chaning an old number to a new number. However if a value is entered which is neither on the lookup table or the new number the lookup selects the last number in my lookup table. Does anyone know how i can make it stay the same if its not there or if its the new number to simply keep it the same. Thanks Hi Mas Look at the last argument in Vlookup(True or False) If you don't like the error you can use this =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(.............)),0,VLOOKUP(...............)) This will return a zero if the...

Password Protected PST
Is there a way to get around the password protection of a pst file? I have a pst with a password but do not recall what the password is. Jack Jack <SonomaJack@newsgroups.nospam> wrote: > Is there a way to get around the password protection of a pst file? I have > a pst with a password but do not recall what the password is. Possibly. There are numerous third-party tools you can buy that can do that, but if you have Outlook 2002 or earlier, you may be able to use this free tool: http://www.computerhope.com/download/updates/pst19upg.zip -- Brian Tillman I have a sort...

Will Exchange Server Force Required Password Change
I have reason to believe that my Exchange Server is being used to relay spam and that this was made possible by someone stealing or guessing one of our users' login info. If I go into the Active Directory and set each user to require a password change upon next login, what will happen when the violator next tries to relay an email through using the stolen credentials. Will the required password change stop him from doing so? As an ancillary question. If someone does steal credentials, how does he then use them to relay through our server? Is it as simple as some command ...

Correcting bank rec for a jnl entry to cash account
If someone adjusted cash with a general journal entry instead of a bank trx entry, how do I correct bank rec without hitting the GL? Thanks in advance. Don, Just create an Increase / Decrease Adjustment in Bank Transaction Entry, post it in Bank Rec Module and delete the batch in GL that get created out of this Bank Transaction. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP partner forums at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads "DonMcCPA" wrote: > If someone adjusted cash with a...

Avergage cost change and correct cost on SOP transaction
A new item was created and saved with the valuation method of Average Perpetual and a zero Current Cost. The item has since been used only on drop-ship SOP and POP transactions. If the POP-SOP link is used, the item on the sales transaction gets the correct cost. If the POP-SOP link is not used, the item on the sales transaction gets a zero cost. Either way, the current cost in item maintenance never changes because the item is never physically received. How do we change the cost of the item now? We can't use Adjust Costs because the item was never received so nothing appears...