Converting to Money from Quicken

My Quicken 08 upgrade crashes when downloading transactions. I am considering
switching to Money. Money Essentials does everything I need done which is
download transactions and balance the check book.

But, I would like to be able to transfer ~15 years of data into it from
Quicken 08. Does Money read QIF files?

Bob

0
Bobs (20)
6/3/2008 7:32:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, BobS wrote:

>My Quicken 08 upgrade crashes when downloading transactions. I am considering
>switching to Money. Money Essentials does everything I need done which is
>download transactions and balance the check book.
>
>But, I would like to be able to transfer ~15 years of data into it from
>Quicken 08. Does Money read QIF files?

Money does read QIF files, but it needs one QIF file per account.
The cash account of an investment account would be a separate QIF
file. If you import those, you want to import them all at once. That
will permit Money to figure out transfers.

Money will convert older Quicken files but will not (yet) do Quicken
2008.

Try the free Deluxe 60 trial first to see if things will work
satisfactorily for you. It is pretty much fully functional except
for the 60-day thing.
 See http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_deluxe.mspx

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/3/2008 11:29:55 PM
I'm not sure what Cal write applies to Money Essentials (MEss). No regular
here recommends it.

In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:

>I'm not sure what Cal write applies to Money Essentials (MEss). No regular
>here recommends it.

Oops. I was not paying attention. I was thinking Deluxe.

>"BobS" <BobS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My Quicken 08 upgrade crashes when downloading transactions. I am
>> considering
>> switching to Money. Money Essentials does everything I need done which is
>> download transactions and balance the check book.
>>
>> But, I would like to be able to transfer ~15 years of data into it from
>> Quicken 08. Does Money read QIF files?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

MONEY PLUS #4
I have been a Money user since 1995 and I have updated annually to the new version by buying the new version each year in a retail store. This year is the first time I have not seen the new Money Plus advertised in any print media in my area (Connecticut) nor have I seen it on any store shelves that I've visited. I have seen the new Quicken, but no Money Plus. From reading this group regularly it appears to me that most posters who reference that they own Money Plus have either purchased it on line via Microsoft's third party vendor or have purchased it on line via one of a number of ...

How to 'convert' photos saved in .doc format?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel My first post here - please be patient. I'm helping a friend who has just converted from her PC to a shiny new iMac and I've struck a problem that I don't know how to resolve. On her PC she saved many (hundreds) of photos in .doc format (don't ask)! She thought that was how to do it. She's adamant that she needs to keep all these images. <br><br>I've never faced the problem before and don't seem to be able to find any way of converting the .doc formatted pictures to e....

Money 2002 Cash Flow Forecast
Hello. I've been using Money 2002 for about a year and last week I encountered a problem with the cash flow forecast. When I go to various account registers, I can see my forecast down at the bottom of the window. However, I can't get to the cash flow page. Also, my primary checking account register shows the cash flow chart, but says I have $0 now and that there will be no other upcoming activity. When I try to access the cash flow page in any way, whether by clicking on the little chart in my registers or using the button in my toolbar, nothing happens. I'm guessi...

Convert Seconds and decimals to time
Hello, I'm exporting some information from a system called CMS. The problem I'm having is that it exports in seconds and decimals. For instance 3:19 (3 minutes 19 seconds) is exporting as 226.605636597. I'm trying to convert this back to 3:19. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Chuck -- bagoxc ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bagoxc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30084 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497654 I don't see how 3 minutes 19 seconds ...

Converting this "French" currency format to "English"?
I found this neat coding in the custom number format box: _ * #,##0.00_) $_ ;_ * (#,##0.00) $_ ;_ * "-"??_) $_ ;_ @_ It produces this when there is no dollar amount: - $ I like this format, but of course, need to write the currency in the more standard English format since this particular sheet is in English and not French so that I should get this instead: $ - Dunceville me ... I tried everything I could think of but I can't get it to come out right. Every attempt gave me an error code with the kind suggestion to use the "built-in number formats" :oD :oP ...

Money 2007 online issues?
I recently installed money 2007. I previously owned the 2004 version. I am trying to set up my online banking accounts thru USAA. When I go to do this, and try to chose my bank, in red text, it says "list is temporarily unavailable". When I try and just do updates, it will not let me. Also, when I try to sign in, it says that my windows live accoutn can not be verified, please go online and try again. So i'm getting the impression that money 2007 is somehow not connected to the internet. I have verizon FIOS so I know I am connected. Also, i noticed that everytime I try to ...

HELP
I am new to Money and can’t figure this out. Here is what I would like to do (or something close) - Set up my bills in the bill area – okay – done Now I would like to be able to go in – select the bill the needs to be paid – identify which account I want it to draw from – and pay it. I have set up a MSN Bill pay but I can quite get it figured out. Close but no cigar. Is it possible to do all this and have it show up in the bills section as paid and what account you paid it with? I started using Money because I would like to be able to manage all my different accounts from differen...

Starting fresh with Money 2006
I've been a user of Money (CDN) software for over 8 years now and recently decided to upgrade to MONEY 2006 (CDN) because our previous files are really messed up. Files have not been updating properly and there are way too many categories recorded. I'd like to keep all my past history but things have just gotten far too complicated so we thought we'd upgrade to 2006. Problem is that there used to be a WIZARD that would walk you through set up....now it asks for your MSN PASSPORT. When I enter that I get all kinds of past history coming in from previous accounts, funds etc. Is...

Problem Setting-up Bank of America's online services in Money 2006
I migrated from Money 2005 to Money 2006 and I'm having problems with the automatic updates in my Bank of America (BOFA). Money 2006 doesn't recognize the previous online setup information and every time that I try to set up the online services for my BOFA account Money 2006 creates a new account and download last transactions. Is there a way to associate my existing BOFA account with the online set-up information? My BOFA account is not CA, WA, etc. Can someone help me? Thanks I just installed the MS Money 2006 and was unable to add the BoA a/c successfully. Although I was a...

Can Excel do things like Quicken
I would like to take me check book and enter in all information so I can get a good idea of where my money is going. But I would like to have Excel sort them into groups like eating out, Bills...Etc with a total so I can put them into graphs. Can Excel to this? I know quicken can but I don't want to use quicken Thanks You can use a pivot table to summarize the entries by category. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Justin wrote: > I would like to take me check book and e...

TSP in Money 2005
Can someone out there give Step by Step instructions for modifing a 401k plan in Money 2005 to reflect the Gov Thirift Savings Plan. Thanks, Ears Not everyone has one or knows the details of how they work. If you describe it, you might get more suggestions. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "Ears" <ears@not.com> wrote in message news:pgaef2hgvt2bca2qjnj2vk4397ogg2jl1r@4ax.com... > Can someone out there give Step by Step instructions for modifing a > 401k plan in Money 2005 to reflect the Gov Thirift Savings Plan. > > Thanks, > Ears ...

Quicken Invoices to MS Money Invoices
I am attempting to bring all may data over from Quicken Small Business 2003 to Money Small Business 2005. The accounts convert fine except for the business accounts. My invoices, projects and estimates come over as a standard account. In the process, all the form data is lost. The numbers are there but none of the invoice data. How or can I bring this business data over from Quicken? I want to convert over but am not willing to re-enter two years worth of invoice and payment data. Thanks, In article <MPG.1ca6347da05dbaa98968e@news.west.cox.net>, nothere@nowhere.net says... > ...

Can't convert unsigned int to void * error message
Dear : i have the following code : CStdioFile file("C:\\report.txt",CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite); file.WriteString("My infor"); SetFilePointer(file.m_hFile,NULL,NULL,FILE_END);// the Compiler issued error said : E:\Private\Files\Dlg.cpp(321) : error C2664: 'SetFilePointer' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'unsigned int' to 'void *' file.close(); Why? this error generated in Visual Stdion 6 , the same code implemented in Visual Stdio 7 (Visual C++.NET ) run without errors .!!!!! what cause the problem? Regards Raed Sawalha wrote: >...

converting minutes to hours
Hello everyone...again Having trouble with the last formula I need for this worksheet. This one is a bit tricky. If the user enters in a whole number in cellA, say 1 (which equals 5 minutes), cellB has to display based on cellA, the value in hours(in decimal form). so if a user enters in 6 in cellA, cellB would display .5 hours. This is possible, right? Any help or suggestions would be apprecaited Mike Hi try the following in B1 =TIME(0,A1*5,0) and format the cell B1 as 'Time' or enter the formula =(A1*5)/(24*60) and also format as 'Time' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfu...

Where's my bank? Money 2002
On it's website, my bank, has all the information for downloading to Money, but they are not listed in Money 2002's banks list. They are listed on the Financial Institutions Online page but I'm not sure how to get that info into the money program. I have tried setting up my accounts according to the instructions but I'm hitting a brick wall. Any help I can get will be GREATLY appreciated. marilyn In microsoft.public.money, marilyn wrote: >On it's website, my bank, has all the information for >downloading to Money, but they are not listed in Money >20...

Converting string of info in one cell into multiple
I have one cell containing a street, city, state and zip that I want converted to 4 individual cells without manually entering each cell. Thanks, Becky Try Data/Text to Columns. Use "," as a delimiter, then a space character. If you have states with two-word names spelled out, do a search and replace first to replace them with one word names, then reverse it after you do the Text to Columns. In article <66979866-7EDB-4A72-994B-FC32C38ED62D@microsoft.com>, bbrowning711 <bbrowning711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have one cell containing a street, cit...

money plus deluxe #3
I just purchase Money plus Deluxe. i have installed it and i keep getting the error message that money needs to do an update. i let it do its thing and then i get the next error messages stating that the update has been installed or is installing and to check back later. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled the trial version for MS and still i get the same messages. Any one have answer that could help me out please, as i need this software. thx In microsoft.public.money, Gizmo 41 <Gizmo 41@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just purchase Money plus...

Money 2004 Canadian Keeps asking for the install cd
After a good install and a few uses, Money is now trying to reinstall itself everytime I click Money.exe. What's happening? Frustrated Canuck ...

Converting telephone numbers
Hi, I have a 2 lists of telephone numbers - one that is in the form 4165551234, and the other that has the format 416 555 1234. I need to convert these to the same format, and cannot (unfortunately) do it through Excel as I have more rows of data in my database than are allowed in Excel. I'm using Access 97 if that makes a difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris Hi Chris, You can do this with an update query. Set a criterion on the phone number field of Like "##########" (that's ten hash signs) and update it to Format([XXX], "000 000 ...

converting data into dozens
Hi, does anyone know an easy way of converting numerical data so that it calculates the results in dozens? For instance, if i wanted to add 3doz 11 and 2doz 3, it will result in 6doz 2. simple in principle, but have found no one who can come up with a formula for this. den Hi, how is the data arranged, i.e is 3doz in cell a1, and 11 in cell b1 etc? den wrote: >Hi, does anyone know an easy way of converting numerical data so that >it calculates the results in dozens? >For instance, if i wanted to add 3doz 11 and 2doz 3, it will result in >6doz 2. > >simple in principle, b...

Trouble loading Money 2007 Deluxe
I was trying to upgrade from Money 2005 Deluxe and when I inserted the disc I received an error message "Microsoft Money has encountered a program and has to close". This is about all the info I have - anyone have any ideas about how to proceed? Thanks ...

Converting text to numerals across spreadsheets
I'm referencing cells on a different worksheet with information in, but where it is says 'Yes' on Sheet 1 I need it to say '1' on sheet 2. Likewise, where it says 'No' on sheet 1, I need it to say '2' on sheet 2. Can anyone tell me how this could be achieved? Thanks. Hi Ed use an IF statement =IF(Sheet1!A1="yes",1,IF(Sheet1!A1="no",2,"")) Cheers JulieD "Ed Anton" <EdAnton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F885006D-3A1C-47D2-8DB8-BF44C944E2A3@microsoft.com... > I'm referencing cells...

Hiding Accounts in Money 2003
Is there any way to hide an account in Money 2003? I'm trying to control my spending a little by allowing my direct deposit hourly wages to go into one checking account, while I deposit tips into a different account. I'd like to hide my hourly wage account from the list of bank accounts on the Account List page. Out of sight, out of mind. I usually look at the bottom line. If I see $1500 there, I think to myself, "Oh wow. I think I'll go to the movies". Of course, $1450 of that might be in my wage account, leaving only $50 in my tip account. Thanks for any help, D...

Money 2004: Got an error attempting to use ePay
I recently purchased MS Money 2004 Deluxe. I decided to use the MSN Bill Pay (I have never used it before). Tonight I sat down to pay a couple of utility bills. When I did each generated the following error message: "Your payment was not processed for the following reason: An Internet communication error occurred. Please try your call again later. (OFXIE12029)" What does this mean? And what about the bills I attempted to pay? Are they paid, or not? And if not, then how do I get them resubmitted to be paid? Rod ...

Need Help with MS Money 2004 Standard
Hello, I have a relatively new Compaq Desktop (2.5 GHz Celeron with 512 MB RAM). I have a Viewsonic Pocket PC and I wanted to use it to track my financial data so I purchased Money 2004 Standard. I tried several times to convert my Qucken Data (it's a big file--I've been using Quicken since 1995). My Quicken program is Quicken 2001 Deluxe. Anyway, the MS Money program started to convert and after a few minutes said: "Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing othe...