Converting to Money from Quicken

My Quicken 08 upgrade crashes when downloading transactions. I am considering
switching to Money. Money Essentials does everything I need done which is
download transactions and balance the check book.

But, I would like to be able to transfer ~15 years of data into it from
Quicken 08. Does Money read QIF files?

Bob

0
Bobs (20)
6/3/2008 7:32:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, BobS wrote:

>My Quicken 08 upgrade crashes when downloading transactions. I am considering
>switching to Money. Money Essentials does everything I need done which is
>download transactions and balance the check book.
>
>But, I would like to be able to transfer ~15 years of data into it from
>Quicken 08. Does Money read QIF files?

Money does read QIF files, but it needs one QIF file per account.
The cash account of an investment account would be a separate QIF
file. If you import those, you want to import them all at once. That
will permit Money to figure out transfers.

Money will convert older Quicken files but will not (yet) do Quicken
2008.

Try the free Deluxe 60 trial first to see if things will work
satisfactorily for you. It is pretty much fully functional except
for the 60-day thing.
 See http://www.microsoft.com/money/freetrial_deluxe.mspx

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
6/3/2008 11:29:55 PM
I'm not sure what Cal write applies to Money Essentials (MEss). No regular
here recommends it.

In microsoft.public.money, Dick Watson wrote:

>I'm not sure what Cal write applies to Money Essentials (MEss). No regular
>here recommends it.

Oops. I was not paying attention. I was thinking Deluxe.

>"BobS" <BobS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My Quicken 08 upgrade crashes when downloading transactions. I am
>> considering
>> switching to Money. Money Essentials does everything I need done which is
>> download transactions and balance the check book.
>>
>> But, I would like to be able to transfer ~15 years of data into it from
>> Quicken 08. Does Money read QIF files?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money 2006 Completely Hosed
I've been using this version of MOney with no problems for months. About a week ago, all of a sudden it decided not to recognize that I was logged in to Passport, no matter what I did (tried every single remedy listed in the two KB articles, to no avail) I do have a backup .mny file (not a Money Backup, but just a copy of the file I normally save to a USB thumb drive every time I quit out) from the last time it actually worked. Everything in that file is correct. I had to reinstall IE, and then uninstall Money 2006 and reinstall it in order to get past the Passport thing. Now...

Calendar in Bills Summary MS Money Plus Deluxe
I have MS Money Plus Deluxe and in the Bills Summary page my calendar will not show. I have the "Show Calendar" check box checked. It show the current date on the right side ( 9/17/2007 ). Thanks in advance. ...

Money 2005
Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program. When I try to connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is incorrect, or the server is down. When I try to connect offline it tells me my password can not be verified and I need to go online. The result is that the software is completely inaccessible. I have tried to reinstall without success. The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help > About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you n...

Q's about Ultrasoft Money
Hi folks, I just got a Treo 650 and am considering getting Ultrasoft Money for it. I use Money 2004. Q1. How much memory does it take up on the handheld? My Money file is 24 MB!! Where will it fit it all on the handheld? Q2. Can Ultrasoft Money be installed to run from a SD card? Can it keep both the program and data on the card? Q3. Can it do any sync/downloads? I have access to Cingular GPRS, so I have internet connection on my handheld Q4. If Money file is changed on PC and handheld, how does it synchronize the changes? Q5. Can I password protect the data on the handheld with...

Money "Plus"
Is this Money 2008? (Yearly question) Why should I change to "plus" from 2006? The on-line sales info is written for and by children, it seems (as usual from M$). I'm sorry for not scanning the newsboard to get answer my question before I posted. So "Plus" == "2008", and a lot of people are griping. So, can someone in the know document the differences (objectively)? Right now the only think I see of value is maintaining the on-line updates a couple years more. Really, does anybody really think that MS's advise on budgeting is going to be headed e...

Problems with Passport/Money Sign-in
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue with Money: I use MS Money 2004 Deluxe. About every six months or so my password just stops working. I use MSN bill pay and the download features for my bank. First, the online service sign in stops working, then my MS Money login stops working. When I call customer service, they told me "Sorry, you have lost your money file and you have to recreate your passport and start a new Money File." This has happened to me THREE times and only once were they able to fix it. They suggested I buy Money 2007 and it should fix the problem. ...

Downloading trouble from TD Waterhouse into Money '04
Is anybody else having trouble downloading transactions from TD Waterhouse into Money 2004? I've been doing it for years and it stopped working on Friday when I was also having trouble running Money updates. Those now work but Waterhouse downloads will not. It tells me there is a problem with the data downloaded, contact the bank... I've been working with Waterhouse since Friday and so far it still doesn't work :( ...

money keeps updating in the background
money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I can't do anything. any help will be appreciate. In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote: >money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from >doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts >and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I >can't do anything...

Converting Outlook Files
I need to convert all my files, (address book, saved messages, calendar etc.) from a computer running XP to a syster running 2000 Professional. If you are using Microsoft Outlook, you just need to copy over your *.pst file(s). From there, you can import the items into your new system or open the *.pst file via File | Open | Personal Folders/Outlook Data file and then drag/drop items between the old folder set and new one. If you are using Outlook Express, you should ensure that Windows 2000 is running IE6/6SP1 (which would be equal to Windows XP/Windows XP SP1 respectively). You will nee...

Money 2004 Address Bar
Does anyone know how to delete addresses you don't want from the Money 2004 Small Business address bar drop down menu. ...

How to convert closed invoice to active invoice?
maybye anyone has ideas how to solve this problem? ...

Money Plus QIFs --> personal database
Hello- I am exploring the idea of exporting all MS Money accounts to QIF files, parsing all those QIF files, then writing the complete data to a more relatively 'open' database - Access, SQLite, MySQL, something like that. Not that this would capture all the data in a Money MNY file but it would be a start. And its a fun pet project... The resulting database would have tables such as accounts, transactions and splits, categories, payees, etc. Everything in a QIF file. Knowing the context of a MS Money QIF export, my question to the group is, does anyone know of any public resource...

Money Market Fund
I have a money market fund that when I created it I mistakenly said it was a mutual fund. Is there any way to change the designation back to money market fund? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, neil154 wrote: >I have a money market fund that when I created it I mistakenly said it was a >mutual fund. Is there any way to change the designation back to money market >fund? 1. What program are you using? 2. Do you download transactions from your broker? Sorry about not supplying any details, I should know better. I am using money plus home & business (2008) and I do downl...

Quicken Personal 2002 files
Can Money 2004 Standard (International English) convert Quicken Personal/Personal Plus 2002 files (Australia editions) It's not clear if it will or not. Generally converting international editions is more "dicey." -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "A.A. Fussy" <amarks@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message news:bfa9g2$v9k$1@austar-news.austar.net.au... > Can Money 2004 Standard (International English) convert Quicken > Personal/Personal Plus 2002 files (Australia edition...

Money 2003 Question #2
My computer froze and shut down with Microsoft money open. When I reboot and tried to open file it gives me an error "Money has detected that you did not close the file before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. Chose Yes. When I chose Yes, it says "repairing file" and then gives me the error that the password I entered was incorrect. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this situation? It's happened several times and takes me a long time to update my file from a back up version. You might want to try renaming the client.xml file. I...

Money 2006 re-install password problem
Had a bug and had re-initialize my laptop. Copied the mymoney file to a CD and re-installed Money 2006. However now when I try and open my old money file the program does not accept my password. I am 99.9% sure of the password. It's an easy one to remember and I have used it at least once a week for the last couple years to acess money. The password was a local password - not a windows live password. Thinking that maybe the file was damaged I tried some old copies of my money file and still had the same probelm. When I re-intsalled Money 2006 it made me enter my windo...

Money 2006 small business sorting by customers name
Is there a way to sort customer name by their last name? If I enter name last name first, the invoices are printed last name first. So, if I enter name first name first one cannot find transactions alphabetically. Any suggestions? -- Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D. Hope, New Jersey ...

Differenc Money 2004 UK and US version?
Upgrading from an Money UK version to Money 2004 US i have file-incomatibility problems! Anybody knows differences of US and UK versions? Thakns in advance Peter In microsoft.public.money, Peter Winter wrote: >Upgrading from an Money UK version to Money 2004 US i have >file-incomatibility problems! > >Anybody knows differences of US and UK versions? UK version has UK financial institutions, tax things, and other things. UK version can upgrade prior UK versions, and US version can upgrade US versions. Note there is the microsoft.public.uk.money group. A really neat way to fi...

An error occurred....report.dll. Reload Money
I searched and found this problem but the link to the answer is dead everywhere. I just added a 3rd report to my favorites in MSM 02. Any ideas? On Feb 9, 1:14 pm, johnmohlengr...@gmail.com wrote: > I searched and found this problem but the link to the answer is dead > everywhere. I just added a 3rd report to my favorites in MSM 02. Any > ideas? Cal, Any ideas? ...

Money 2001 MSOFD.DLL
Don't know if message got through...but getting error message that MSOFD.DLL file is corrupted. Wanted to get copy of file to replace in program, but don't have CDs since computer came preloaded....anyway I can get that file? Will it solve my problem if I just copy and replace the existing MSOFD.DLL? ...

Money 2003 Unable to access file as .net password incorrect
I have having a very frustrating time with Microsoft Money. I have a .net password which i have always been prompted to use when opening my file. I have entered the correct password and can even change my password when clicking the "forgotten password" prompt. The program does not let me access my file and tells me my password is incorrect. I am unable to use my money file and am not even given the option to access my file without using .net passport services. I have tried contacting Microsoft but their advice via a generic email is to tell me to change password. Could some...

Excel converts text to formulas %@#$
I wish Microsoft stopped developing "helpful" programs. All their "auto" stuff leads to nothing but problems. Here is an example: I have to process data which come as CSV files and contain entries that look like multiplication e.g "3*4". Damn Excel can't handle these. Every chance it gets, it turns them into "=3*4" and displays "12". Any one knows how to kill this behaviour? Please share the knowledge. Henryk Birecki Henryk Birecki wrote... >I wish Microsoft stopped developing "helpful" programs. All their >"auto&q...

Convert Data to columns heading
Example: Product | Date | Sales ----------------------- A | Jan94 | 200 A | Feb94 | 300 A | Mar94 | 400 A | Apr94 | 500 A | May94 | 600 A | Jun94 | 700 A | Jul94 | 800 A | Aug94 | 200 A | Sep94 | 300 A | Oct94 | 400 A | Nov94 | 500 A | Dec94 | 600 B | Jan94 | 200 B | Feb94 | 300 B | Mar94 | 400 B | Apr94 | 500 B | May94 | 600 B | Jun94 | 700 B | Jul94 | 800 B | Aug94 | 200 B | Sep94 | 300 B | Oct94 | 400 B | Nov94 | 500 B | Dec94 | 600 How can I convert it to: Product | Jan94 | Feb94 | Mar94 | Apr94 | May94| Jun94 | Jul94...... ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Money Problem in Vista FIXED
Hello: I just spent a couple days trying to fix MS Money and after an 88 minute call to MS Support, we finally fixed it. I want to pass this on, and hopefully someone can put this in one of the FAQs as well. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I had this problem in MS Money Deluxe 2007, however, I then went and bought MS Money Plus Deluxe thinking that installing a newer version would work, but this did not make any difference. My problem was, whenever I would update my bank information, MS Money would stop working and close down. Also, the background application would stop as w...

money 2003 investments
I have been using money for several years. I keep track of our investments. Over the years our broker has bought and sold many investments. Is there a way to inactivate the investments that we no longer own. My investment list has gotten very lengthy. In microsoft.public.money, edward.slattery wrote: >I have been using money for several years. I keep track of our investments. >Over the years our broker has bought and sold many investments. Is there a >way to inactivate the investments that we no longer own. My investment list >has gotten very lengthy. > You ca...