Converting Money 2000 Canadian to Money 2006 Canadian

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible?  I was hoping to
convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful.  I'll live with Money 2006
Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first.  I don't want
to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance,
0
smurfgun (18)
11/12/2006 10:11:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, smurfgun wrote:

>Can anyone confirm that such a conversion is possible?  I was hoping to
>convert to Money 2007 but was unsuccessful.  I'll live with Money 2006
>Canadian but I want to ensure the conversion is possible first.  I don't want
>to drop the money on it to find out it doesn't work.

I found out Money 2007 is not sold into Canada, altho it would be
expected to usually convert the Canadian file.

One idea for an intermediate conversion, or at least a test, would
be to try step 3 of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us

Another thing you could try if conversion should work but doesn't is
to see if salv.exe can fix up your existing file before conversion.

So, to answer your question, I don't know if you will be more
successful with Money 2006 in actually doing the conversion or not.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Exchange 5.5 to 2000 migration
Is it possible to migrate an existing 5.5 to 2000 using the same computer name? If you mean separate servers with the same name? No. However, if you setup an E2K server in your Ex5.5 org and move the mailboxes over to the new server name, the Outlook profiles will automatically update (if that is your concern). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Concrete" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6b7c01c401...

HTML Attachment in OWA on Exchange 2000

vacation tracking calendar on exel sheet for 2006

Problem converting from MSXML2 to MSXML4 in C#
I had a piece of code working fine with MSXML2 (it does an open get and then a send, returning the webpage of the url in the get) but my server is hosted by a company that uses MSXML4 - help? I added a reference to MSXML4 - I right clicked on my project name -> clicked Add Reference -> Went to Com tab ->Chose Microsoft XML v4.0 c: \windows\system32\msxml4.dll It asked if I wanted to replace MSXML2 and I said yes - I regret this as I think it has now screwed something up. I removed the using MSXML2; at the top of my C# and replaced it with using MSXML4; but when I try typing MSXML4 the...

money essential
I want to add customized categories, is this possible in Essentials? I have the exact same question - the default categories don't work for me. I need to decide if essentials is good enough for my needs and this will be a deciding factor. (I have very, very simple needs - basically a check register with the ability to download transaftions from my bank) "needinghelp" wrote: > I want to add customized categories, is this possible in Essentials? Then you need something "beefier". Return Essentials for a refund and get Plus. Actually I suggest you download th...

Convert time stored as decimalised number to time format
Hello How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? -- Emma Emma A1/24 and formate as time Mike Rogers "Emma" wrote: > Hello > How can I convert 3.5 hours to 3:30:00? > -- > Emma ...

Money 2001 #23
When I try to edit a recurring transaction, get the message "Msmoney.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. An error log is being created." The program then shuts down. When I restart, the edit I have made is recognized. The same error message appears when I try to reconcile the bank. When I hit the next button, it closes down and does not recognize the end of the month bank statement balance entered. Any ideas would be appreciated. How about starting Money - File - open - REPAIR and select your file "canadaphantom" <canadaphantom@dis...

Unreconciling Multiple Rows In Money
I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in Microsoft Money? I can do one at a time, but I need to do a large number of them and don't want to do them one at a time. I've tried to contact Microsoft directly about this but got passed to the company that I bought my machine from, who passed me off to another support number in their company - which tried to charge me for asking this question. Any info on this would be great! Doug In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in >Microsoft ...

Installed Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardwar... How to get rid of old Exchange 2000 Server?
Hi, Our single domain company (Win 2000 DC's) was running a single Exchange 2000 server. I bought a new server, installed Windows 2003 Server on it, joined it to the domian (non-DC) and then installed Exchange 2003 Server on that and joined it to the site. I then pointed our MX records towards the new box. As soon as I verified connectivity, I began moving user's mailboxes over 1 by 1. Everyone is now running smoothly on the new server. I have not as of yet removed the old server (still on, running, no mialboxes). The problem is, that as soon as I turn off the old Exchange 2000 s...

Money 99 on WinXP Pro SP2
I used to run Money 99 Standard on my PC running Win98. I'm now trying to install Money 99 on my new PC running WinXP Pro Service Pack 2. Here is the problem I'm facing: I am able to install Money 99 (from my OEM CD) on my PC running WinXP Pro and no errors show up during installation. But once installed, Money refuses to start. I have tried running the MSMONEY.EXE file in Win 95 as well as Win 98 compatibility mode but it hasn't worked. I also tried installing Money 99 in Win 95 & Win 98 compatibility mode. It installs but it still doesn't run. Am I doing somethi...

Money 2003 only allows integer splits, what about 2004?
I recently ran into a problem in reclassifying Vanguard mutual fund Investor shares to Admiral class shares. There is no change in tax basis for this, thus I thought that using the stock split function would be perfect. Unfortunately in Money 2003 Deluxe it only allows integer splits (e.g., 2 for 1, 3 for 5, etc.) and the change in my mutual fund share status is not integral: for each Investor share one gets (say) 2.045767892 Admiral shares (which are priced 2.045767892 times higher, price obviously rounded to two places). Even using the total number of shares before and after, like 28...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe stops downloading from citi cards server.
From early Dec, my MOney 2007 deluxe stop downloading from Citi Card Server afte rciti upgrade their website. NOw it shows OFXIE12152 messge The error code is OFXIE12152. It is server error according to MS articles. #define ERROR_HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE 12152 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263672&Product=mny I contact Money and it told me it is citi problem and of course citi is saying it is not their problem either. The weird thing is that my wife's citi account works on the same computer and in the same money file. The only difference is that...

Money 2004 #68
Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the customize area of a report? No. "merriv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2dda501c46a9b$8057cf50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the > desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the > customize area of a report? In microsoft.public.money, merriv wrote: >Is there a way to add columns to a report, when the >desired column is NOT one of the listed choices in the >customize are...

Converting from VS 2003 to VS 2005
I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS 2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are working. Does anyone have any ideas? Chris "Chris Day" ha scritto nel messaggio news:20089248422chris.day@onwight.net... >I have recently converted a fully working application from VS 2003 to VS >2005. I now seem to have lost XP Themes and none of my combo boxes are >working. Does anyone have any ideas? Hi Chris, do you compile in Unicode mode in VC++ 2005? I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that VC++2005 removes new XP ...

Money 2004 Standar can't convert Money 2000 Delux File
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy It. I used to have a Money 2000 Delux version. When I try to convert my data file (from Money 200), the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot covert the file. The older varsion is not supported" Is there any way I can convert my Money 2000 Delux file into a Money 2004 Standar file? Thanks, Fernando S. ...

does publisher 2000 run on windows xp?
thanks for helping if you know the answer Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the exception. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Baudouin" <Baudouin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AA35200-15D7-47F2-8471-4E6737171B6A@microsoft.com... > thanks for helping if you know the answer Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Yes, all versions of Publisher run on XP, Publisher 1.0 maybe the > exception. It runs. Not on...

How can I convert Outlook 2007 Rules files (.rwz) to something editable?
I want to manage the rules a little simpler than with the built-in rules wizard. I can export the rules to a .rwz file. - Is there a description someplace of the .rwz file? - Is there a simple script or tool to convert to a .rwz file to a .csv or some other format? A perl script, VB, etc. would be fine. -- AllBackJack ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AllBackJack's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/160330.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1277903.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Money 2006 problem
I just installed the money 2006 trial version but when I try to run Money it just opens briefly and then immediately closes. Money 2003 was doing the same thing but I thought maybe 2006 would fix the problem. Can anyone help me please? Instead of opening Money, navigate to the folder where you have your .mny file using My Computer or Windows Explorer and double click on the sample.mny file. That will tell us if your My Money.mny file is faulty or the M2006 installation. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sc...

Money 2004 #82
Another disgruntled Quicken user here (is there any other kind these days?) I was happy enough with Quicken 2001, but now they're turning it off and making me upgrade to 2005. (It's free, but not worth it. I'd rather buy 2001 over again than use this piece of shit.) So, I checked out Money 2005, and found that it's an even bigger piece of shit than Quicken 2005, which really takes some doing. I did a bit more hunting around and found a demo of Money 2004, and loaded that up. It didn't do a worse job of importing the Quicken data than 2005 (which is to say it ca...

Outlook 2000 Closing msg
Hello, I have an Issue with Outlook 20000 running on a win2k Machine. The user closes an email he is reading and it "disappears" completely. Not even to be found in the deleted folder. Any Thoughts? It's probably still there - check the view settings. It sounds like he's viewing only unread messages. tim.wiitanen wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Issue with Outlook 20000 running on a win2k > Machine. > > The user closes an email he is reading and it "disappears" > completely. Not even to be found in the deleted folder. > > Any Thoughts?...

Need to remove Contact Folder in Outlook 2000
i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove the entire folder. Do you want to delete them or do something else with them, have you looked at the duplicate checkers here http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupes "Rob Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118b501c3f5b4$d44891f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > i have a lot of duplicate entries (1000), need to remove > the entire folder. > > Need to remove the entire Contact Folder. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to delete them or do something else with ...

Money 2001 #10
when using the portfolio I entered a new transaction under a new acount and an error message appeared "M Money has encountered a problem and needs to close". The computer then shuts down or locks up. This happens whenever I click on portfolio. This problem has occured twice over the past month. The first time I went back one month and reentered all my transactions before the error accured and was going along fine but then it happened again while entering a transaction under a new account. ...

Identify versions of money
I had Money 2004 installed on my computer, but the computer no longer works and I lost my cd, but have my file, My file is password protected and I can't open it with the actual version of money, it says "Money cannot open this file because it was created by an incompatible version. My paper box cd has the number - "105-00462 origin ireland". How can I tell if an old verison of money is compatible with this one ? Or the product that I am buying is compatible with this one ? Can i find an old trial of money 2004 compatible just to open the file and export it ? Wher...

Convert hh:mm:ss to seconds?
I am inputting two times as h:mm:ss and subtracting them. I am trying to get the final answer as seconds. The only thing I can think of is trying to use LEFT and RIGHT to separate hh, mm and ss, multiply to convert the hh and mm to seconds, and then add to get total seconds. One - the LEFT and RIGHT don't seem to want to work for me - I keep getting decimal answers, even with a hh:mm:ss format. Two - is there an easier way? Ed Hi Ed Multiply by 86400 and format as decimal. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.yahoo.com> skrev i melding news:uxdZXHozFHA...

Publisher 2000 print problem
What we see in the working document and what goes to print is different. Is there a way to enter the print preveiw document to fix it at that point. There seems to be no way to resolve this issue??? Please help if you can. ...