Convert file/backup Money 2000 on Money 2004

I have Money 2000 and I have buy Money 2004; but I can't
convert my old file or backup created with Money 2000 on
Money 2004. Why?
0
sborghi (3)
10/31/2003 9:40:04 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

We need some more information. What error messages do you see? What happens
that you don't expect? What doesn't happen?

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"Stefano" <sborghi@deda.com> wrote in message
> I have Money 2000 and I have buy Money 2004; but I can't
> convert my old file or backup created with Money 2000 on
> Money 2004. Why?

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
10/31/2003 9:44:25 AM
OOK....I have WIN98 - Pentium 450 - 128 MB .
When I convert my file or backup the system give me "Money
cannot open this file because it was created by an
incompatible versioni".

0
sborghi (3)
10/31/2003 10:05:42 AM
This means that you have purchased a different country version of 2004 from
the country version you have of 2000.
Money needs the same versions in order to convert - UK>UK, US>US etc.

> OOK....I have WIN98 - Pentium 450 - 128 MB .
> When I convert my file or backup the system give me "Money
> cannot open this file because it was created by an
> incompatible versioni".

You must stay within region when you upgrade. You can't mix  UK and US
versions.

You either need the same regional version of M2004 as M2000 or see
http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q1. Which tells you how to export to QIF
files but it is not easy.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,
Microsoft MVP - Money

 Hints/Tips
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
 UK Wishes/Suggestions
      mnyukwsh@microsoft.com

"Stefano" <sborghi@deda.com> wrote in message
> OOK....I have WIN98 - Pentium 450 - 128 MB .
> When I convert my file or backup the system give me "Money
> cannot open this file because it was created by an
> incompatible versioni".

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)
10/31/2003 12:18:57 PM
How can you tell which version you have or had? I am
having the same problem with Money 98.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/1/2003 6:27:50 PM
The readme.txt helps, in UK versions, I believe it clearly says at the top.
It might be the same for others

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money

or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish.

"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can you tell which version you have or had? I am
> having the same problem with Money 98.

0
glyn1 (1534)
11/1/2003 6:40:31 PM
The readme file in Money 98 as well as the Money 2003
versions do not indicate that they are from the UK. I am
wondering if Money 98 backups are not compatible with
Money 2003. Any clues?

Thanks

scid=fh;EN-GB;mny
>for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft
your wishes or
>suggestions, use
>or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK
specific wish.

>I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money
>
>"Peter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> How can you tell which version you have or had? I am
>> having the same problem with Money 98.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/1/2003 11:05:21 PM
Simple test - how is check/cheque spelt?

--

> The readme file in Money 98 as well as the Money 2003
> versions do not indicate that they are from the UK. I am
> wondering if Money 98 backups are not compatible with
> Money 2003. Any clues?
>
> Thanks

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)

Money Sunset Product
Hi all, this is the first I've heard of this product. Will it convert Money 2004, or 2005 files? If not, is there a workaround available? Regards. Also, which version should I download? "rustyfender04" <rustyfender04@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OKo%23M%23yCLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all, this is the first I've heard of this product. > > Will it convert Money 2004, or 2005 files? > > If not, is there a workaround available? > > Regards. > Provided you M03/4/5 file is US locale, then it should c...

When converting MDE
Hello, Assuming most people aready have Office 2000, so I want to create an MDE . I understand we should use Access 2000 to make MDE. Since I do have Access 2002 or Office XP, how can I make MDE ver.2000 The other question, suppose I have Access 2000 and I successfully made MDE ver200, can this MDE be opened by Acess 2002 and higher? Thanks -- H. Frank Situmorang You must have Access 2000 to create an Access 2000 MDE. Yes: an Access 2000 MDE can be used in all later versions. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/ti...

Read Online Statement -- All the Time in Money 2006?
I just upgraded to Money 2006 from the '04 edition. It appears that it always wants me to "Read Online Statement" for all of my investment accounts, even though there's been no actual transactions in the funds. I think all that's changed is the price of the fund or stock for the day. I don't think earlier versions worked this way, and it seems odd that it asks mne to Read the Online Statement after doing nothing than grabbing the day's latest prices. Is this what everyone is experiencing, and am I the only way to find this odd? Thanks, Paul Pinella Radar Media G...

How can I convert text to all lowercase?
How can I convert text to all lowercase? I know that I can use the Format menu to convert a block of text to all uppercase, but is there any way to convert it to lowercase? If not with Excel, how about Word, DOS, any other way. I'm using Excel 7.0 (Office 95). Thanks in advance! Take a look at David McRitchie's Lower() Macro (I believe it will work in XL7): http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm#lower In article <20031207155812.23043.00000330@mb-m27.aol.com>, hbyardsale@aol.comnetorg (HBYardSale) wrote: > How can I convert text to all lowercase? > &g...

US Bank
I have a US Bank credit card, and do not use any other US Bank services, no checking, no savings, no etc. The last time I checked they wanted to charge $3.99 per month to just sync with one of their credit cards. Does anyone know if this is still the case? The explanation on their website is vague, as it has been for years, and you have to call in to ask. ...

Money 2007 won't accept Win Live ID
Money 2007 on Vista. It asks for my Windows LIve ID and I've tried three of them. To all of them it says "Your signin info could not be verified. "Go On line and then try to sign in." I'm not sure what the "go on line means, but I closed Money and singed in at several places then tried again and I get the same error message. TIA, CH If you have Money 2007 edition, and you cannot sign in with your correct passport or now called Windows Live address in addition to what is in the MSKB that addresses this: 1) Turn off your Firewall--this is a 2007 specif...

Converting decimals to Time
Hi folks, For thousands of rows, time has been entered as 10.15 or 9.30. These are correct times, as in quarter-past-ten and nine thirty. To perform calculations, I obviously need to have a : (semi-colon) not a . (full-stop) Find and replace won't work because 9.3 (nine thirty) comes up as 9:03. I can write a macro, but trying to avoid since it's for someone else. Any ideas? TIA, Piers Hi Piers, =TIME(INT(A1),MOD(A1,1)*100,0) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Piers 2k" <fake@msn.com> wrote in message news:uTDz539DHHA.1748@TK2MSFTNGP02.p...

IS there a way to compare 2 excel files
I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is there such a thing? Hi Now imagine how totally different two excel files can possibly be. The report would say ... ? But if you have two pretty similar sheets, try Myrna Larson and Bill Manville's "Compare", downloadable from http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm HTH. Best wishes Harald "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> skrev i melding news:%23BAzyBkOFHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I like to be able to compare 2 excel files to see how different they are.Is > there such a ...

Why Money
Can anyone give me a good pitch on why I should use MS Money for my small business. I was wondering about quicken or paying out for Quickbooks but Microsoft money seemed like a good option also. I am not so full of business that my accounts are so aloof, but I do want a good program. So if MS Money is a good choice than which one should I get?? Thanks. Small Business Edition-I'm assuming you're in the US? "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7JMRa.17810$F92.1668@afrodite.telenet-ops.be... > > "misslemike" <misslemike@msn....

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

Publisher 2000 to Publisher 2003
I have been using Publisher 2000 and working fine. I have a webpage and just Save as Webpage and then upload to my server. Now that I have XP and Publisher 2003 I don't see the Save as Webpage, only Publish to Web. Have tried this and it doesn't open after it has been uploaded the way it did before and it takes longer to upload than 2000 did. Probably doing something wrong and just wanted to see if someone else has had this problem or what I'm doing wrong. Have a good day. Jim Jim wrote: > I have been using Publisher 2000 and working fine. I have a webpage > a...

Exmerge Backup
hi we have exchange 2003 on and windows 2003 server. i login as administrator and i want to take backup of all the mailbox that are present useing Exmerge. but Exmerge doesnt recomend to change the permissions of administrator (recieve as and send as permissions which are denyed by default) . i have created a user who has admin previlages and i have created security group with receive and send as permissions set and made this user a memeber of that serurity group. now how do i run exmerge do i have to login to windows using this login or how how do i login to exchange with this user...

Unable to open .xls file
Hello- I have Windows XP Home edition on my computer and I received an email with some info that is an .xls extensoin. I have Windows Worksheet and wanted to know how, if I could, look at this file? I also receive info with >pps (powerpoint) and am unable to open these files also. ANy suggestions? Thanx, -- Michie You may not have MSOffice. It's not part of Windows. It's a separate suite of applications. But MS does make a viewer for excel: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx and one for powerpoint: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Fa...

File Handle not being released with FileInfo.LastWriteTime
From an ASPX page I am trying to access the System.IO.FileInfo.LastWriteTime property of a file on the web site. The problem I have is that image file types; e/g/ gif, bmp etc; are not being released from the FileInfo object. If I access a page that reads the LastWriteTime of an image file; I cannot then update the file on the web server, until the app pool recycles. The same is not true for the text files; e.g. css, js; the FileInfo object is releasing these files. I have tried the garbage collector against the FileInfo object instance; but this did not work. Using t...

Import Excel Data from another workbook or file
Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different workbooks? E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files into one. tamato43 wrote: || Is there a way to import or export Excel Data between 2 different || workbooks? || || E.G. Import from "File A" 'Sheet1' Column A, Row2 to "File B" || 'Sheet1' Column A, Row 2. || || What I'd like to do ultimately is import data from 5 excel files || in...

OL 2000 .pst file moving to new computer
I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under Windows XP with SP 1. I want to export or save the file so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook 2000 under Windows 98. When opening the outlook.pst file on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following message - "File access is denied; You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook outlook.pst." I had exported that outlook.pst file to a CD and then copied it into WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ...

Convert Publisher letterhead to Word
How do I convert my letterhead creaded in Publisher to Word or other word processing software, e.g., OpenOffice, so that I may create text in the letterhead to email to clients/customers? You may reply privately to tannj2@comcast.net if you wish. Thank you. Joe Right-click the creation, save as picture. This tutorial is perfect for what you want to do http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JoOffice" <JoOffice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4E5467-4F84-44B1-A46D-69C470B6B0AF@microsoft.com... > How ...

can't convert jpg or other into publisher
I reinstalled publisher after reformatting my xp Dell. Now publisher will not convert image into the page where I want a picture. I can scan one in, but can't import clip art or a picture located elsewhere. I can import a picture into word. I reinstalled publisher again and same thing. I put it on a friends computer and everything works fine - I'm puzzled. What are they referring to when it's saying can't convert the image - also mentions a graphic filter?? I need help. Jeanne Importing from where? Are you using the Clip Gallery or Organizer? If you are trying to import ...

formatting of txt file
Hi, Can anybody can help me in in formatting the below data for me The below data is coming in a txt file and i need the data in a excel file However when i put in excel i am not getting any structured form I need the Reference mentioned against the numeric value in the separate column as heading and the data below should come below the heading. I have tried, but i have to a lot of manual edit after formatting. 1.Emplyoee name bsdcbasdb hbvabfvas 2.Date 12-12-09 3.Address Dettails 12/2 main street City - bvauisdbc Pin code- 1100154 4. Department snbvsivnsvn oihbvis...

Does My Money 2004 have a virus
When backing up money, I get a message stating 'This item has been deleted, possibly by another application.' This message also displayed in Money 2002 when I backed up my file. Could I have a virus of some sort or does any one know what's going on here. -- I need mo_money ...

File Menu button is now an icon
I succeeded in changing File Menu to the Excel Icon and have no idea how I did it or how to get it back. The result is that a left click on that icon will bring up the Restore Menu and a right click will bring up a seriously abbreviated File menu. Two commands I use quite a bit are Set Print Area and Clear Print Area and neither are present on this abbreviated menu. Help! It sounds like you're still using xl2003 or below (not xl2007 with the new ribbon interface). If that's true... I'd try this first. Rightclick on an empty spot on any of the toolbars. Cho...

Script to count duplicate lines in a text file
We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a file call test.txt that has the following entries: A1 A1 B1 B2 B2 B2 B2 This would return the following: A1,2 B1,1 B2,4 Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Gadgetman schrieb: > We have a requirement to count the number of duplicate entries in a text file > and then list the line and the number of duplicates. For example, we have a > file call test.txt that has the following entries: > A1 > A1 ...

Calendar 2000 & 2007 Status of Meeting Attendees Changing
I have a client who has set up a meeting and sent an update and the following occurs: "once I sent an update, my attendees changed to “optional” from “required” and the tracking is inaccurate as someone who accepted is not showing up as receiving a response. Another attendee did not receive the update at all." She also is asking whether or not it makes a difference is she uses a distribution list in her meeting invitation. Can anyhone shed any light on why this is happening? -- LPS ...

MnyBank : Ofc Ofx file conversion and Money import
Version 1.5.9 : bugs correction on Qif files Money 2005 do not accept any more Ofc files and the Ofx files delivered by my bank where invalid. So I write this program, it can be use to : - convert QIF, OFC files to OFX V1 (Money 2000->Money 2004) or OFX V2 (Money 2005, XML files) - convert OFX V2 files to OFXV1 - check transactions in files before send them in Money - archive bank transaction in a database (MS Acces format) This program is a freeware. It's a dotnet program, you have to install : 1- Framework .Net 1.1 2- MS Jet 4.0 3- MDAC 2.7 or greater 4- MnyBank GUI is in englis...

Office 2004 forcing logouts
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel After "upgrading" to Snow Leopard, when in Office 2004, I get forced logouts. The crash logs should Windows Server is failing. Apple has been zero help with this and the discussion groups on Apple.com do not provide any solution, other than try this and see or try that and see. I do not need 2008 or its features. The only way I have been able to work is to use Open Office. I find it unacceptable in the extreme that an OS upgrade should require the user to go into the system logs to find a problem on common...