Controlling a category in a report

I have been using M2006 for a year and an bit and have the following question.

I want to be able to control the inclusion or exclusion of a category in a
report from the category itself. I realize I can customize a report, but if I
have a category that I do not want in any reports it would be easier to just
exclude it. Meaning it would be excluded from all reports unless I
specifically customized a report to include it. Ying and yang so to speak.

Basically, I want to control the reporting characteristics of the category
from within the category and not from within the report. Sounds like a simple
thing to do.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
--
Thanks from Canada
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

I don't think that this can be done.  I think you're going to have
to build custom reports that do exactly what you want them to do.
After doing this for several years, I've got a fairly large set of
"Favorite Reports" that do exactly what I want them to do.  I rarely
have to go in and customize them.

On 2007-01-28, Gerald from Canada <GeraldfromCanada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have been using M2006 for a year and an bit and have the following question.
>
> I want to be able to control the inclusion or exclusion of a category in a
> report from the category itself. I realize I can customize a report, but if I
> have a category that I do not want in any reports it would be easier to just
> exclude it. Meaning it would be excluded from all reports unless I
> specifically customized a report to include it. Ying and yang so to speak.
>
> Basically, I want to control the reporting characteristics of the category
> from within the category and not from within the report. Sounds like a simple
> thing to do.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
0
mark5832 (444)
1/31/2007 3:02:06 PM
Thanks Mark... not quite what I wanted to hear. But it is what I suspected.
It just seems like such a simple thing for MS to do and it would increase the
flexibility of the reporting significantly from the source record.

Do you know who I can classify this post for "future enhancement"
consideration by MS?
--
Thanks from Canada

"Mark Horn" wrote:

> I don't think that this can be done.  I think you're going to have
> to build custom reports that do exactly what you want them to do.
> After doing this for several years, I've got a fairly large set of
> "Favorite Reports" that do exactly what I want them to do.  I rarely
> have to go in and customize them.
>
> On 2007-01-28, Gerald from Canada <GeraldfromCanada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I have been using M2006 for a year and an bit and have the following question.
> >
> > I want to be able to control the inclusion or exclusion of a category in a
> > report from the category itself. I realize I can customize a report, but if I
> > have a category that I do not want in any reports it would be easier to just
> > exclude it. Meaning it would be excluded from all reports unless I
> > specifically customized a report to include it. Ying and yang so to speak.
> >
> > Basically, I want to control the reporting characteristics of the category
> > from within the category and not from within the report. Sounds like a simple
> > thing to do.
> >
> > Any ideas would be appreciated.

Setting font for StaticText Control
Hello, I'd like to set the size, fontname and color for one of my StaticText controls on my dialog on a Visual Studio 2005 C++ MFC native project. I've found out this control has a SetFont method(), which I presume enable to set the styles as I've mentioned above, but I've got a little confused about the parameters. Is the SetFont() method the right/best way for setting the font for the StaticText control? If so, how I could set this font from my dialog class? Do I have to set a member variable for the class for this purpose? Where is the best place to set the font? The M...

How to change the case of a character at run time (CEdit control)
Hi all. I want for certain character pressed to be translated to upper case so that in control the letter appears always in upper case I tried using PreTranslateMessage but I realized that wParam and lParam are the same if I press that letter in lowercase or in uppercase so I don't know how to do it. In OnChar handler I cannot modify the value of the character Thanks in advanc Jaime PreTranslateMessage is probably the worst possible place to do this. In fact. this is one of the common abuses of PreTranslateMessage. Why not just set the style of the edit control to "uppercase"...

disabling restore control
hi i have a problem that in my mdi form when i open a child form in maximized state it has restore control button and i want to disable that button whan the form has opened up so that client can not restore the mdi child form can any body help me Ajay posted this for you earlier, but in case that one scrolled off: Try something like: CMenu *pMenu = pYourChildFrame->GetSystemMenu(FALSE); pMenu->DeleteMenu(SC_RESTORE,MF_BYCOMMAND); Tom "Muhammad Ahsin Saleem" <ahsin.saleem@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158211918.857499.317720@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > ...

cedit control: size of image
Hi, how is it possible to get the rectangle of an cedit control item in the OnPaint() method to draw the image for this cedit control only in the size of the cedit control? At the moment CSize is the size of the bitmap but not of the cedit control in the DrawIndirect() method... void CImageEdit::OnPaint() { CDC *pDC = GetDC(); pDC->SetBkColor(TRANSPARENT); if(m_bLoaded) m_ImageList.DrawIndirect(pDC , 0 , CPoint( m_rectBtn.left,m_rectBtn.top ), CSize( m_bitmap.bmWidth , m_bitmap.bmHeight ), CPoint( 0 , 0 ) , ILD_NORMAL); Rele...

report formatting
I have a series of reports written in an access adp for access 2000. when i open and run these report in an access 2002 or 2003 environment i find the formatting of detail lines is all over the place, losing numeric formats and not lining up any more yet the control break fields still all do. I run the same report with access 2000 and everything is fine. the detail format string are the same as the control break ones. has anyone had any issues with report formating on an upgrade from access 2000 - 2002/2003 ?/ ...

Application Log Report Id: 96a6ab4b-710d-11df-a896-0023aee6baaf
Getting this in my Application error log. Haven't found anything at microsoft.com which discusses the problem. Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 6/5/2010 8:48:23 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: hurst Description: Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc69e Faulting module name: mshtml.dll, version: 8.0.7600.16535, time stamp: 0x4b83889f Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x001bc615 Faul...

Reporting and exporting to Excel
I am new to Money 2007 and was comparing features with a friends 2004 version. I expected more powerful reporting and graphing capability but did not see anything obvious. I wanted to compare 2005 to 2006 with graphing and could not see it. Is that possible? In case the reporting and graphing features were as abundant as in Excel I hoped to export information into Excel (2003) and did not see how you could do that. Can you? The help file did not work when I was connected to the Internet. ************************************************* Mark M Simonian MD FAAP Medical Director, ChildNet...

DrWatson reports "Stack overlow" when selecting multiple recipients in Outlook 2000 SR1a SP3
Hi! One of my users has strange behaviour with Outlook 2000 SR1a SP3 during the last 2 days. When composing a message to multiple recipients, Outlook quits with no message when adding the recipients to the "To" list. When I went through the DrWatson.log file I found that Outlook had generated a "Stack Overflow". What can be the cause of this? Thanks Bert. ...

List Control
Hi My MFC application has a dialog box containing a list control. The list control selection changes as expected by clicking with the mouse or using the arrow keys when the control is in focus. I want to detect when the selection changes. For changes triggered by the mouse this is easy - I can use the OnClick event. However, I can't find a way to detect changes triggered by the arrow keys. The list box control has a LBN_SELCHANGE message for this situation, but the list control does not support this message. I cannot change to a list box because I need the control to support check...

Edit PO Report / Dptm
Somebody know? How to include Department of each item into Purchase Order Report? ...

Invisible transaction except if view by payee or category
Using Money 04 Deluxe. Been using Money for *years*. I couldn't balance an account and if I unchecked one of the transactions, the statements would reconcile. However, that transaction is part of that statement. Upon further investigation, I found a duplicate transaction in a different subcategory for the same amount. This transaction did not happen and does not exist except if I search for it by payee or by category. It is NOT in the account register. Moreover, if I try to edit it, the amount, date, and account are greyed out. On the bottom of the edit transaction window is "Cleared...

I need to add two text boxes from two different reports.
I am adding a value from one monthly report to another monthly report. I keep getting #name. Please help! "Shawna" <Shawna@discussions.microsoft.com> > I am adding a value from one monthly report to another monthly report. I > keep getting #name. Please help! Give us a few more details. What are you typing into your text boxes? You can't actually add up things in 2 different reports - reports are just ways of showing data - I'm guessing that you are really adding up things from a table. A common cause of the #name error is when you are trying to refer to a...

Custom drawn list control #2
Hi, I am using a list view in the icon mode and I need to display icon texts as multilane strings. In order to do this, I am handling NM_CUSTOMDRAW as given below : void MyListViewC::OnNMCustomdraw(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW lpLVCustomDraw = reinterpret_cast<LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW>(pNMHDR); CListCtrl& list_ctrl = GetListCtrl(); CRect TextRect; //Store the rectangle in which text is dispayed in this rectangle. switch(lpLVCustomDraw->nmcd.dwDrawStage) { case CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT: case CDDS_ITEMPREPAINT | CDDS_SUBITEM: ...

Can you make a list control look like an MSFlexGrid?
Can you put lines between rows and columns? >Can you put lines between rows and columns? Yes you can Chris, see the LVS_EX_GRIDLINES style. However, I recall there's a problem with this when used on XP with a theme enabled application, in that the grid lines get drawn messed up when you scroll the list! Yes Cheers David, that works, I couldn't find the option to display the drawing pin (tack) icon to keep a column in place while scrolling others out of view (only an option for the leftmost column). Do you know this property? >I couldn't find the option to display...

Reporting Services Issue
Hi, I have a 3 stored procs feeding a report. I'm using three because each one hits numerous filtered views to agregate Marketing Campaign metrics relating to Campaign Responses, Leads, and Opportunities. The results show results from last week to the last 12 months. It's the 'Last 12 Months' that are causing issues. In VS 2003, when I run the report it takes over a minute to generate data. But it works. When I run the report in CRM, it generates an error. My guess is it's timing out. Because when I run the report after hours (7pm or later) it doesn't generate ...

Segregation of Duties Report
Posted on Access group as per recommendation from other user that Excel wouldn't be the best tool for this. I have a requirement, however after some help on how I should be looking to approach this or if anyone knows of any examples that already do this on the web. I need to check roles within our systems to ensure there's no SoD conflicts with other roles. Out of the system I will be able to get a report that will show the following: e.g. UserID Role U001 Accounts U001 Purchasing U002 Accounts U003 Purchasing U003 Invoicing U004 Accounts U004 Invoicing U004 ...

Pre-Authorized Withdrawals going to multiple categories MS Money 2
Hello, I'm a trail user of MS Money Deluxe and I noticed that when I download my bank information from Merrill Lynch into MS Money 2007 there is a payee called "PRE-AUTHDEBIT." This is for my pre-authorized withdrawals such as my utilities, car payments, membership payments. Even if I manually change the categories for each individual transaction, the next time I import data, the category that all transactions associated with PRE-AUTHDEBIT goes to is always utilities which is not what I want. The "memo" field actually contains useful information that could be ...

Report does not contain all the records I expect
I have three tables (Contacts, Children, Other Adults). They are all related by the ContactID. Not all contacts have children, some have more than one adult in the family, not all have other adults. I wanted a report that included all adults and all children for each contact. I created a query of Contacts and their children and tried to insert a subreport of the other adults. It worked but only contained half of the contacts in my original table. Can you tell me what the problem might be? You need to LEFT JOIN Contacts to Children and Other Adults tables. If you need more...

Crystal Reports Logon Error 01-19-05
When I try to view a report I get the following error: Crystal Reports Logon Error Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses. I have restarted all the services in crystal configuration manager APS service is running And confirmed that NT Authority\Interactive and NT Authority\Authenticated Users are in the Built in Users Group of the SBS server. I am still getting the error. I have CRM 1.2. Can anyone please help. Thank you We ran into this at a client site. It's a known problem. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875086 The short of ...

Special Character (Check Mark) in a Report
I am running Access 2002 for a reporting environment. In one of the reports we need to use a check mark (Wingdings 2 [<alt>0x50]). Up until now we have been exporting this report to Word and literally pasting all of the positives in this report with a check mark. This is time consuming and totally inefficient. The report is set up to currently state ";\1;0" for the pass/fail if/then statement. I would like it to say check mark sign and "-". Any idea how to write this into the reporting expressions? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Katef wrote: &g...

CTooltipCtrl on disabled control question
Hi, I am using CTooltipCtrl class to set tooltips to my controls in a dialog. The problem is that if a control is disabled, then the tooltip is not shown. note: I tried to use TTS_ALWAYSTIP when I create the CTooltipCtrl, but it didn't help. Yoav. "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il> wrote in message news:%234m1PuVCHHA.1012@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I am using CTooltipCtrl class to set tooltips to my controls in a dialog. > The problem is that if a control is disabled, then the tooltip is not > shown. > > note: I tried to use TTS_ALWAYSTIP when I create th...

Powershell crashes when creating a Crystal Reports object
Hi All I'm trying to work with Crystal Reports in Powershell. I found an example that I'm trying to use as the base for my project. However, I have issues straight away in that when I try to create a report Powershell crashes. Below is the code I'm using: [reflection.assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('CrystalDecisions.Shared') [reflection.assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine') $report = New-Object CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument Any assistance would be appr...

Exchange Reports
Anyone know of a report I can generate, or a log that I can view, regularly which shows me what types of attachments users are emailing off of the network to external email addresses? Thanks, Tom tomweho@hotmail.com Nothing native/built-in. Don't see a specific attachment report in the following 3rd party products, but these are otherwise known to be the go-to tools for reporting on Exchange traffic and usage: - Promodag: http://www.promodag.com/products/reports/reports.aspx Quest Message Stats: http://www.quest.com/messagestats/ -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com...

Numerical Formatting in a Report
Hello, I am trying to whittle down some duplicate files on our server. One of the lines in the report provides a summary of a particular duplicated file. In the text box control, I have the following: ="There are " & [subCounter] & " additional copies of '" & [File_Name] & "' potentially using up to " & [footsum] & " MB of space." which works, but is ugly. The [footsum] entity is calculated by dividing the file size in bytes by 1024 and again by 1024 to yield MB. Is there a way to round the [footsum] calculation to ...

Money 2005 Monthly Report
I have more than 10 years of my datas with the program, why I am only able to create monthly report for just the past 12 months (including the present month)? Am I missing anything or there has a way to set it up? Can someone give a hand? Thanks Me thinks this was an M05 "improvement" since users complained about all of the old reports "taking up space" which they didn't. Another stupid piece of "marketing-driven design" in M05. "Allan Wong" <allancwwong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eeG1AvatEHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >...