Continuous update unsuccessful--this is truly bogus

Any updated info on the online account updating issues in Money 2005/2006.
Example.  I have several credit cards listed and setup for online account
access, downloaded transactions (advanced register), etc.  Suddenly the
account will get an error stating that "update unsuccessful" and then never
updates after that.  I have read where the advice was to delete the online
account and reset it up.  The problems I have with that are that when I do
that, now all my transaction history for that account is lost and I am given
only the balance.  I have selected the max for account history.  To top off
the issue, more often not I get the error message that account services are
not available, please try again later.

I know this has been an ongoing issue.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

chris

0
Repent341 (12)
8/9/2005 4:57:55 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Repent34 wrote:

>Any updated info on the online account updating issues in Money 2005/2006.
>Example.  I have several credit cards listed and setup for online account
>access, downloaded transactions (advanced register), etc.  Suddenly the
>account will get an error stating that "update unsuccessful" and then never
>updates after that.  I have read where the advice was to delete the online
>account and reset it up.  The problems I have with that are that when I do
>that, now all my transaction history for that account is lost and I am given
>only the balance.

I don't remember advice to delete the account from Money. I think
the advice was to disable online access for the account, and to then
set up online access for that account again.

I also think this applied to a specific account, rather than some
problem that affected all accounts. If it were all of your credit
card accounts, I would look to your firewall or other blocking
software.

> I have selected the max for account history.  To top off
>the issue, more often not I get the error message that account services are
>not available, please try again later.
>
>I know this has been an ongoing issue.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
>chris

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
8/9/2005 2:20:00 PM
Actually I had tried the disabling part before, and had to end up deleting
the account and setting it up from scratch.  If I disable on-line access for
the account and then try to set it back up, more often than not I get the
try again later BS message.  Actually not all of my accounts are affected.
I have the same $3500 Watchguard firewall that I had before.  I can watch
the IP/port requests being allowed out, they just never return, hence the
try again later.  It seems that this has been and continues to be a problem
with this software

chris

> In microsoft.public.money, Repent34 wrote:
>
>>Any updated info on the online account updating issues in Money 2005/2006.
>>Example.  I have several credit cards listed and setup for online account
>>access, downloaded transactions (advanced register), etc.  Suddenly the
>>account will get an error stating that "update unsuccessful" and then
>>never
>>updates after that.  I have read where the advice was to delete the online
>>account and reset it up.  The problems I have with that are that when I do
>>that, now all my transaction history for that account is lost and I am
>>given
>>only the balance.
>
> I don't remember advice to delete the account from Money. I think
> the advice was to disable online access for the account, and to then
> set up online access for that account again.
>
> I also think this applied to a specific account, rather than some
> problem that affected all accounts. If it were all of your credit
> card accounts, I would look to your firewall or other blocking
> software.
>
>> I have selected the max for account history.  To top off
>>the issue, more often not I get the error message that account services
>>are
>>not available, please try again later.
>>
>>I know this has been an ongoing issue.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>
>>chris

0
Repent341 (12)
8/10/2005 12:49:57 AM
Cal,

I have tried to use the disable onlineupdates for my accounts that are at
the moment refusing to update. My problem is that this diasble button does
not do anything.  The screen does not change or doea anything.  What am I
doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Cindy Conover

0
cconover (193)
8/10/2005 4:43:21 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Cindy Conover wrote:

>I have tried to use the disable onlineupdates for my accounts that are at
>the moment refusing to update. My problem is that this diasble button does
>not do anything.  The screen does not change or doea anything.  What am I
>doing wrong?

You may have to  first turn off background banking at
Tools->Settings->AccessYourMoneyDataOnTheWeb
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Email link to update Outlook --- Calendar #2
Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich the Recipient can click to have the their Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment information. I have seen this work, can't find inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks Anthony wrote: || Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich || the Recipient can click to have the their || Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment || information. I have seen this work, can't find || inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks In Calendar, right-click on the event...

Updates are temporarily unavailable
I know many are having this problem with Yodlee, and I've asked before with no response. I cannot update 2 of my accounts that use Yodlee today. BUT I am able to occasionally. I've given up spending hours of creating new accounts, clearing Web site, etc etc... as instructed by tech. Now I find that on certain days it does indeed work. Can it be that Yodlee is shutting down? I find this error message listed under Money Sychronization. Both accounts cannot be synchronized. I was settling for doing my work manually, but when it works off and on like this I just wonder. I have a...

Automatic updates crippling legacy machine
I have a legacy 866MHz, 384Mbyte, XP/SP3 machine that has always run "well enough" however sometime in the last several months its responsiveness became awful most of the time. Using performance monitor I determined that "automatic updates" was driving it into a condition of more than 100 paging transactions/second rather continuously. When I disabled automatic updates the machine returned to its usual condition which is to say I can have a number of apps open and get reasonable performance. Has automatic updates changed in a significant way (either intenti...

Quotes and Bank Updates over the Internet
I am running XP for Home. I upgraded from Money 2003 to 2004. While running Money 2003 I would get the latest stock prices for my holdings and all bank transactions from my bank. Since I upgraded I cannot. I cannot find where to point to my ISP (Comcast via Ethernet/Cable Modem). I can hot link from Money to the Web for Help. Help ...

Check the security update from MS Corp.
--wadrggrtzyh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ipwfliboy"; type="multipart/alternative" --ipwfliboy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="adodlupkrh" --adodlupkrh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintai...

Inventory Update. Purchase Order
Hi guys. We are implementing POs to our main product inventory. What I can figure out, is how the inventory is updated using POs. At the moment, all our inventory quantities are on order. How can I change these quantities to real existencies? Daniel: You have to perform receiving transactions on the POs. The receiving transaction updates inventory (both quantity and value) and creates a liability for the goods received. Refer to your GP Help guide as to how to perform these transactions. It's a bit of a lengthy process to go into here. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dyn...

automatically update budget list from source
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I created a checkbook worksheet similar to that of the ledger template given in excel. This is because I want to keep track of my checking account transactions here, but then separate them by the categories I give them. For example, if I have these categories: Car, Food, Supplies, Housing, then I want four separate budget lists (one for each category) to keep track of the expenses categorically. I assume these would be on four separate worksheets in a workbook, concluding with five worksheets (one for the sou...

Office 2001 update 9.0.5
anyone...? -- ...rotinom siht edisni deppart m'I !!esaelp em pleH What's your question? On 10/27/04 12:57 PM, "Axel Hammerschmidt" wrote: > anyone...? -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ ...

Compare two files and update data from another file base on words in a cell separated by commas
I have two file with several colomns. I need to compare two Col B fileA Col B of FileB as shown in example. http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgUVfFOnkiaKdFBiNDFLamcybXdhW... Each col have about 1000 rows. Each row contains thousands of words and phrases separated by Comma. As you can see from example, my data has soo many words and phrases separated by comma in each row of two colomn A and B. ============== i Need to merge data of corresponding row from COLA$FileB TO corresponding row of COLA$FileB Also merge data of corresponding row from COLB$FileB TO correspondin...

Update Query question 06-26-07
Hello, I am trying to write what I assume would be an update query. I have 2 fields, acct_num and brnch_num in my table. I need to combine these 2 fields into a new field called cust_num. So, if: brnch_num acct_num 123 45678 123 12 12 1 Then I would need the cust_num to read: 12345678, 12300012, 01200001 I'm not sure how to get the zeroes into the cust number so that that number is always 8 diguts. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I wouldn't use an update query for this. Keep the data separat...

Outlook Connector Update for Outlook 2007
When I open outlook 2007 I am prompted to upgrade my outlook connector to continue accessing my hotmail account. It then proceeds to download file OLC.msi followed by a prompt to restart outlook in order to finish the installation. The outlook connector setup wizard then opens and prompts me to repair or remove outlook connector. I've tried both options - repairing does nothing, as soon I restart outlook I get the upgrade window again, removing and reinstalling outlook connector yields the same result. Any thoughts?? Same problem, rather frusterating. Haven't found a fix ...

Free/Busy not updating
I have a user whose Free/Busy has not updated since 11/28 of this year. All times are synchronized and all typical free/busy settings are correct. Any ideas as to why free/busy is not updating? Thanks, Try opening Outlook using the ".../CleanFreeBusy" switch. The link(s) below will give you the instructions on how to use it. OL98: Additional Command-Line Switches http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=182112 OL2000: Additional Command-Line Switches http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;197180& OL2002: Additional Command-Line Switches http://sup...

Project server 2007 Task updates issue
I have Single server installation of Project server 2007. I have the following issue. Looking forward for your help All users updates their tasks using Outlook 2007 plug in. 1. User receives task 1,updates progress 30%, and submit updates. (Task1 has been overdue) 2. The Project manager who receive task updates sees the update of progress 30% and also sees an indication that the task is overdue. 3. Project manager deletes task1 as this task is no longer needed. 4. User starts outlook 2007 and sync tasks with server. 4. The user who receives task updates does not see an ...

Try this critical update from the MS Corporation
--mynytfne Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="eeiohlompjnh"; type="multipart/alternative" --eeiohlompjnh Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="cmfdyavg" --cmfdyavg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the security o...

Exchange database not being updated
Hi, On our exchange server, we have one Mailbox Store in the First Storage group. In the mailbox store properties->database, the file for the exchange database is: H:\MDBDATA\priv1.edb and that for the Exchange streaming database is H:\MDBDATA\priv1.stm. The email system appears to be functioning perfectly but these two files never change- their size and last modified date, when viewed through explorer have been constant since the 8th of February this year. Is this not where the new emails are stored? How can it be unchanging? I discovered this issue (if it is an issue) because the backup...

How to get one field to update based on a selection from a drop do
New to Access. I want to create a form that coworkers can use to lookup information in a database for inputting data into a PO as well as submit new records into the database. I want to have a control that is a combo drop down box where the can select a row from a list of items in a specified field and based on that selection it will update the below text box control with the corresponding data in the field next to it on the database. Make sense? Basically need to figure out how to update one control based on data selected from the drop down box control above it??? Private Sub...

Auto Update Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have been trying to update my Office 2008 Student and Home edition. I have tried within the different softwares and by manually downloading the updates. I currently have version 12.0. The updates download properly, then I start the installation process. I get the following: Installing Office SP1 Update Running Auto Update Installer Script No matter how long I leave the computer - it never moves beyond 1 bar - the longest I left it was 5 hours. I have 3 updates I have to do 12.1, 12.11 and 12.12. Can you please ass...

One form, two tables UPDATE help?
I am running Access 2003. A user enters data into one field on a continuous form bound to one table. I want to be able to UPDATE this same data into a similar field in another table based on an equal week number, year and Part number for the data. Is this possible? I have been trying something like: Sub UpdateCM1() Dim strQuery As String Dim HoldWeekNo as Integer Dim HoldYear as Integer Dim HoldPartNo as String HoldWeekNo = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!WeekNo HoldYear = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!Yr HoldPartNo = Forms!frmMnthCMNew!PartNo strQuery = "UPDATE CMMonth " & _...

Microsoft Update under Windows 7 shows [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]
I got a new HP notebook Elitebook 8540p with Windows 7 Professional preinstalled. When trying to run Windows Update everything works ok. When I try to run Microsoft Update (http://update.microsoft.com) in order to update all the other Microsoft programs like Office etc I get [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]. Strange thing is that the first add-on ('Windows Update' from 'Microsoft Windows Component Publisher') shows as unknown program from unknown publisher... I would expect it is signed as coming from Microsoft??? As per instruction from Microsoft I followed A...

GAL Updates
HI All, I have an Exchange 5.5 organisation and I have configured the first Exchange 2003 server. Activated mailboxes on the Exchange 2003 server and all is fine. I then built another Exchange server in out Beijing office, created a new container and after a few hiccups, all is now OK. The problem is, after I created my first mailbox on this Beijing server and I tried connecting via Outlook, I cannot see it. I have checked the recipient policies for All Users and Gloabl Address List and I can see the mailbox there, but I cannot see it when connecting via Outlook. Could there be som...

how to disable update links message when opening files
Hi I have approx 200 simple templates all of which are the same in layout, i'm using a simple macro which uses a loop to open each file pick up bits of info and lay it out on a list. The problem i have is some of these files have external links and when the macro opens them i get the message "Do i want to update links" which also pauses the macro until i click update or dont update. Is it possible to put a code within the macro which automatically selects dont update if a file has links. I've displayalerts = false but this doesnt seem to work thanks in ...

Money Updates error
I am getting the same error a few others have mentioned, when using Internet Update on Money 2004 Deluxe. My bank accounts and news update fine, but I get the following error under Money Updates: "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If problem persists, reinstall Money from your original disks." Like others who tried, reinstalling doesn't help. Clearing the cache didn't help for me. Has anyone heard anything more from Microsoft? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Peter wrote: >I am getting the same error a few others have mentio...

install microsoft updates??
I bought a mac to avoid all the problems and viruses that come with a PC. I use word, excell, powerpoint. I don't use explorer or entourage on my mac. Should I still update my mac when I am prompted by microsoft? Microsoft says that the update will protect my computer from viruses, but i don't use the internet via a microsoft or windows application. any thoughts? No system is totally immune to viruses & other malware, although the Mac OS is less susceptible than Windows. The reference by MS - and Apple as well - should be taken with a grain of salt... Much of what is released ...

Recipient update service problem
I have a Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003. Every here and then the recipient update service stops working. All the current email addresses for the users are fine, but when trying to create a new user, everything is fine, ex. mailbox is created, but recipient policy does not update that users email address. To solve this problem i just restart the server and it seems to fix it. This occurs about every two weeks or so. Does anyone know why the server might be doin this. Thanks, Eddie Eddie wrote: > I have a Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003. Every > here and then...

Use this critical update
--oxsummclqoh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="adbdqcjxthhx"; type="multipart/alternative" --adbdqcjxthhx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="eoulunxroh" --eoulunxroh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain th...