Constant connections with M05

Money 2005 (in XP) is connecting at startup and when I disconnect it, it
reconnects.  The only way I've found to stop it is change my dialing prefs
to 'Never dial a connection' in Internet Options.

Is this normal for '05?
Is there a way to stop it from dialing all the time?

Thanks!

Bob Howard

0
Bla1 (8)
10/17/2004 1:15:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.pjp?q=168 and
http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm.

"RJH" <Bla@bla.net> wrote in message
> Money 2005 (in XP) is connecting at startup and when I disconnect it, it
> reconnects.  The only way I've found to stop it is change my dialing prefs
> to 'Never dial a connection' in Internet Options.
>
> Is this normal for '05?
> Is there a way to stop it from dialing all the time?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Bob Howard

Connection between customers , companies and contacts
Sorry about this - it seems like a no-brainer but it has got me puzzled. I create a lead from a person's name and company and then convert the lead to an opportunity - however when I look at the opportunity screen it seems like I can now not see the company name. I am obviously getting things completely mixed up but the online help is unhelpful on the differences ! On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:11:08 -0800, "Pete" <Pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Sorry about this - it seems like a no-brainer but it has got me puzzled. I >create a lead from a person's nam...

trouble connecting to internet
There is a problem. My computer is unresponsive while connecting to the internet and it takes 2 minutes to connect. -- #1biker Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com 2 minutes is extremely long. You should contact the hoopleheads at vistaheads and ask them to change you connecting time to .00032 seconds -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "#1biker" <1biker.4dv6s4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:1biker.4...

How to stop active net connection for a while
Hi, it is a different query ?. I want to disable the active internet connection for a while and want to resume later !. Any idea will be appreciated ! ...

Constantly have to rejoin workstations to domain?
I have an ongoing issue where computers will randomly break and the user cannot logon to the domain. They get an error "A domain controller could not be contacted" The only fix is to rejoin the computer to the domain and it's becoming a real nuisance. Any ideas? I think it's an AD issue. We run Win 2003 AD domain with XP workstations. Thanks- "jrm73" <jayrmontana@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:35ee0132-f504-40cc-82ac-6550b5ca1829@26g2000yqo.googlegroups.com... >I have an ongoing issue where computers will randomly break and the > u...

Could not connect Win7 PC to RMS Store server
Hi, I am trying to connect Win 7 machine to RMS store server but i am getting an error (2147467259) on SO Administrator configuration test connection. RMS SO Server: Windows 7 Professional SQL Express 2008 R2 Other machine: Windows 7 Professional Connection via cross cable WORKGROUP. Firewall OFF in both. Any help please. -- Ibrahim Zubair This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0136_01CB1475.E7F01070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Ibrahim, If you did not insta...

Connection problem 10-27-07
In my reading, I came to believe that once you opened a connection (in this case in an access 2000 form) the connection remained open until the form was closed. The code below gives me an error in the click event indicating that there is no open connection. Thank you. Option Compare Database Private Sub Form_Load() Dim cn As ADODB.Connection Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset Set cn = CurrentProject.AccessConnection Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset End Sub Private Sub cmdTest_Click() 'after entering data and clicking button, update the table With rs .Source = "Select * from tblTest"...

can't connect to exchange 4.0 server
Dear all, when I click 'check' button for account authentication, it display following message: 'the connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. outlook must be online or connected to complete this action' actually, our exchange server 4.0 just for internal office use... working on NT4.0 OS other staffs using outlook 2000... it is working fine.... except outlook 2003, it can't check my account name correctly... so I couldn't login into the exchange server. Thanks! Ken ...

Uable to connect to the home page metrics URL
I have GP2010 installed with SQL 2008. When I am in Report Manager I can see the SQL reports for the different modules. I do not have a folder for Charts and KPI for the company. When I go to select the metrics I am receiving the following error "Unable to connect to the home page metrics URL" How do I create these Charts and KPIs to be seen on the home page metrics? Thanks, Amy Amy, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What version of SQL is your reporting services instance? To use the new GP 2010 charts and kpis, you'll need SQL 2008. (The Dynamics GP da...

setting to connect to email/internet
How do I get the box which says "connect" when I want to dial up for email ...

Connect window pop up
We had some troubles with virus (downloader.trojag) and although the PC scans clean now since weeks, we have a lingering problem with the Connect To window for Outlook Express. It pops up on the average every 2 minutes whenever an MS program is in use whether Excel or Word or whatever. It also pops up during games from various manufacturers. This is, of course, although OE is closed. Do I have to re-install OE? How do I do that? Any other remedy can anyone suggest? Thanks Might want to download,update and run Adware, the free version www.lavasoft.de David "Lois" <anonymo...

Database Connection Error; please help.......
Some other people have had this problem, but please read the following and tell me what you think might work to fix it: Database connection lost, application will be closed Error #-2147467259 [DBNETLIB][ConnectionWrite (send()).]General network error. Check your network documentation. (Source:Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (SQL State: 08S01) (NativeError: 11) No Help file available I am getting the same error message (I have two computers networked together). I get the error message on both computers, but the host computer (our POS) gave me that message about 20 times at least t...

CAN'T CONNECT HELP!!!
None of my office PC's can connect to Outlook. We have Exchange 5.5 in the office. Most PC's freeze when trying to open Outlook, One PC gives this error "The Microsoft Exchange Server is not available. Either there are network problems or the MS Exchange Server is down for maintenence." I have restarted the server twice, and run virus scan. We are able to connect to the shared (mapped) drive that is on the PC. What may be the problem. I really appreciate your help! Start with the event logs on the server. What do you see? -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http:/...

Cannot connect to CRM or anything
Hey there, Have had CRM installed for a few days now and all of a sudden the Front end Web Server cannot access SQL. My CRM services were Localsystem and upon restarting these (to try and rectify), the Security Service failed to Start.... along with the APS for Crystal. I found switching these to the CRM admin user (a domain user with Admin priveleges on the CRM + DB server) this allowed the service to start But I still cannot access CRM. When I try the website the page returns a.... Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection....

Outlook 2007 lost connection via VPN
Hi there, Vista Business Primium with Outlook 2007, SBS 2003 server, Exchange account. When an user is working from home and using VPN connection, the user would use server share folders without problem but all the emails are sitting in the outbox and not sending at all and the bottom right hand corner has this Connected, Disconnect, Trying to connect coming up. Tried all I would at work trying to use a dial up to fix the problem, just cannot do it. The problem just there but once connect to the domain either wireless or though cable, the mails just went in a flash. Anyone experience ...

connecting story sections
I have a story where page 35 doesn't connect to page 36. I want to connect these pages. The problem is that publisher only lets me connect a page to a blank text box. As both page 35 and 36 aren't blank, I can't find a way to do this. Create a blank text box on page 36, then use the overflow feature on page 35 info to connect to the blank page 36 box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Blindy" <Blindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7B78D7E-9888-40A8-B624-34C957C57...

Window Constantly Redraws
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Our CEO's Entourage 2008 is constantly redrawing the Entourage window. Not sure if this is a symptom of a corrupt database, or if it's too big (his database is at 15GB!) Has anyone heard or experienced this issue? Thanks! ...

Restricted IPs still connecting despite Connection Restrictions
I have gone to System Manager -> Servers -> ServerName -> Protocols -> SMTP -> Default SMTP and setup the following under Access -> Connection Control on my Exchange 2003 SP1 Server. Select which computer's may access this virtual server: Only the listed computers... 1.2.3.0 (255.255.255.0) - Internal IPs AntiSPAM server IP 1 AntiSPAM server IP 2 AntiSPAM server IP 3 AntiSPAM server IP 4 AntiSPAM server IP 5 AntiSPAM server IP 6 AntiSPAM server IP 7 Still I am seeing connections from serveral other servers on the list. I have even accessed my server remotely via te...

Connection Problem
I am suddenly unable to connect to the internet using ie or firefox. my wirless connection is working fine in that I can download updates to windows defender but on opening ie it says there is a problem connecting to the internet. On trying to diagnose the problem I get a message saying there is no problem with the connection. I have restored my computer to a previous setting as I had loaded sophos anti virus but still no joy. I have also rebooted several times. Any ideas? If you can download updates for Windows Defender, then you /are/ able to connect to the internet. W...

DR between sites not directly connected??
Hi all, Rather confusing query to write but I've summarised at the bottom just in case I've made a really bad job of it! We've converted a 5.5 site over to Exchange 2000 by adding a new server to the site and moving everything over to it. I'm now trying to remove the 5.5 server but when I try to delete the last X400 connector I get the following message: = = = = The X400 TCP/IP Connector XXXX cannot be deleted because it is the only connector providing mail connectivity from the local site to the replicated site sitename. = = = = There is a new RGC link from the problem si...

Error 421: xxxxx.domain connection limi
I have a winNT 4.0 with two NIC When ever the clients access the Exchange server the connection seems so slow and when I telnet the port 25 it says that error 421 connection limit has reach. that it has to do with my lan cards? what is the error all about? Please help Thanks! This message tells you that the number of SMTP connections to your server has reached the limit. This limit is confifurable in IMC props\Connections tab\Transfer Mode\Advanced\Max no of inbound connections. disk0nek wrote: > I have a winNT 4.0 with two NIC > > When ever the clients access the Exchange s...

Constant Popping Up of Windows Live Mail
My Windows Live Mail pops up on my screen about every 15 to 30 seconds. Have tried signing out also man other things. Any help would be much appreciated to either stop popups or to delete all together. You could delete it altogether if you don't use it. Which mail client program do you use? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Zancherito" <Zancherito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:995B1E2D-D99D-466F-8593-4C7EA410E4BD@microsoft.com... > My Windows Live Mail pops up on m...

SmartList Builder Connection Fail
Dear All, When i try to use SmartList Builder to get item quantity, the error are show: 1. GPS Error: 58 2. SQL Error: 601 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] could not continue scan with NOLOCK due to data movement. 3. ODBC Error: 37000 4. A get/change first operation on Table 'IV_Item_MSTR_QTYS' failed accessing SQL Data. What happen to it? Why this error occurs? How to solve it? Thanks, Wing Depending on what version of GP you are running, there may be a service pack available to solve this issue. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Globa...

Frontend server in DMZ connection problem to GC
Hi, my new Exchange 2003 installation includes 2 Exchange 2K3 servers, with a front-end in the sonicwall DMZ. I orignally set up everything in a side test network, but now that I have moved the system into production my front-end server is filled with DSAccess errors 2102, 2103, 2114. OWA works only about 25% of the time. DCDIAG and NETDIAG is also failing to find the domain controller. I thought the issue was the firewall but this even happens with all ports open inbetween DMZ and LAN. After rebooting front-end or restarting Exchange services, things clear up and work for about 30 min...

Eternal-September Connection
Hi again. Once again I cannot connect to the Eternal-September newsgroups. The earlier problem I had was due to my not having the word news. in front of eternal-september.org as the Server. That hint worked just great, but now I cannot connect again. I am using the latest ver of FireFox. Thanks, Buffalo Hooplehead alert -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Buffalo" <Eric@nada.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23x...

retrive network connection type.
Hi All, when I use winiet for internet connection, I would retrive the proxy info from both dialup or LAN setting. I ran into a question: how to find out the connection type in my program, such as it's dial up or LAN? Is there some standard way to deal with it with win32 api? Thanks! ...