Conflicts with updating to newer but downgraded versions?

=95 I've had MS Money 2004 Standard installed for years (XP).
=95 I bought a new computer (Vista>7) but can't find my installation
disc so I bought a new one online.
=95 Instead of MS Money 2004 Standard, an upgraded version of MS Money
2004 Small Business Plus arrived.
=95 I plan to update to the newest version 18 Microsoft announced that
they will release at the end of 2009.

Does it cause any problems to update to a newer version of MS Money if
the version level is a downgrade to a lower level (from Small Business
Plus back down to Home)?  I realize it may be difficult to predict
possible conflicts with a version not released yet but in previous
vesions has it caused problems to downgraded level of an update to a
newer version?

Thanks

P.S.  In case this matters, I don't care one bit about connecting to
financial institutions.  I do all the data input manually either way.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

No. You may get a warning message about features that will no longer
work--duh...--but that should be about it. Or so it has
been reported here before. I've never tried it myself.

"gopanthers" <gopanthers@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Does it cause any problems to update to a newer version of MS Money if
> the version level is a downgrade to a lower level (from Small Business
> Plus back down to Home)?  I realize it may be difficult to predict
> possible conflicts with a version not released yet but in previous
> vesions has it caused problems to downgraded level of an update to a
> newer version?

As Dick says you get warnings but eventually it gets fed up nagging and
stops. Have done it myself some years ago and that was the only effect.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For unofficial FAQs see
http://money.mvps.org/
or
http://umpmfaq.info/

"gopanthers" <gopanthers@gmail.com> wrote in message
> � I've had MS Money 2004 Standard installed for years (XP).
> � I bought a new computer (Vista>7) but can't find my installation
> disc so I bought a new one online.
> � Instead of MS Money 2004 Standard, an upgraded version of MS Money
> 2004 Small Business Plus arrived.
> � I plan to update to the newest version 18 Microsoft announced that
> they will release at the end of 2009.
>
> Does it cause any problems to update to a newer version of MS Money if
> the version level is a downgrade to a lower level (from Small Business
> Plus back down to Home)?  I realize it may be difficult to predict
> possible conflicts with a version not released yet but in previous
> vesions has it caused problems to downgraded level of an update to a
> newer version?
>
> Thanks
>
> P.S.  In case this matters, I don't care one bit about connecting to
> financial institutions.  I do all the data input manually either way.

0
Bob_Peel (292)

 ***********
>� I plan to update to the newest version 18 Microsoft announced that
>they will release at the end of 2009.

I think you have misinterpreted some announcement. Don't count on
being able to upgrade from Money 2004 with some later version. I
guess that you are thinking of the version that will be provided for
Money Plus users for after expiration. You should be able to
continue using Money 2004. I hope you do not have a Passport/LiveID
on your file. http://www.microsoft.com/money/faq.mspx
  ****************

>Does it cause any problems to update to a newer version of MS Money if
>the version level is a downgrade to a lower level (from Small Business
>Plus back down to Home)?

No, there is a warning that you will lose the business features when
you go from Money 2004 Business to Standard, but not the other way.
The main thing I think you might notice is that Business does not
let you leave the category blank...

>  I realize it may be difficult to predict
>possible conflicts with a version not released yet but in previous
>vesions has it caused problems to downgraded level of an update to a
>newer version?

.... but don't assume that a future Money Plus version with DRM
removed will apply to you.

>Thanks
>
>P.S.  In case this matters, I don't care one bit about connecting to
>financial institutions.  I do all the data input manually either way.

Then Money 2004 should continue to work for you.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source. I imported the data using the ODBC driver. However, the problem is that once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are lost and old data is restores from the Data source. However, I can edit data in the Microsoft query. Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL? Any links will help With Rgds, ...

Update all docvariables in all active documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to use VBA to update all docvariable fields in all active documents? I know how to update a single document, but I'm having trouble cycling through all active documents. Thank you, Rob Probably a bit of overkill as this would update "all" fields (not just docVariables fields). Sub ScratchMaco() Dim oDoc As Word.Document For Each oDoc In Documents UpdateFields oDoc Next oDoc End Sub Sub UpdateFields(Doc As Word.Document) Dim pRange As Word.Range Dim oShp As Shape Dim iLink As Long Dim TOC As TableOfContents Dim TOF As TableO...

Update on MSCRM Jscript problem
I have discovered that if you replace window.open('http://strongbad/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=398&sf=({qu ote.quotenumber})=\'QUO-01002-9QRYHR\'') with window.open('http://strongbad/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=398%26sf=({ quote.quotenumber})=\'QUO-01002-9QRYHR\'') (replace the & with a %26) in the onchange event of a picklist, the quote page will display and you can call the report by changing the value in the picklist. However, you will get an error returned by the report viewer that doesn't like the %26. If, in the report view...

Unable to update free/busy time
Hi there, This morning I installed the Exchange 2000 post-sp3 rollup on our small business server. Since then users have been getting messages from Outlook saying that it can't update free/busy time on the server. Prior to installing the rollup we did not get the errors. I had a look at the event log on the server and it is filling up with EventID: 1546 errors, the description is: Workflow event sink error [event: OnSyncSave, URL: <file://./backofficestorage/test.com.au/Public Folders/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY/EX:_xF8FF_o=DSPACE_xF8FF_ou=first administrative group/USER-_xF8...

Detecting version of Excel being used
I have a VBA program that I generated in Excel 2003 that will also b run by users who are still stuck with 97 and 2000. As part of th program, I generate some pivot tables. The problem is that the cod for generating the pivot tables has to be different for 97 and 200 users. My current solution is to pop up a message box asking them i they are using 2003, and if they answer "NO" then I call the code fo generating the pivot tables in 97/2000 format. The problem is tha some of the folks using this program will not know if they are usin 2003 or not. Is there a VBA statement or a fu...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Office v.X updates disappeared from the Mactopia download page
Updates for Office v.X seemed to have disappeared from the main Mactopia download page. When I search for a 10.1.9 update, I see a link to an update, but that link takes you to the main Mactopia page where there aren't any Office updates except for Office 2004. Does anybody know how to get the Office v.X updates? An ftp site would work also. OK, I found it via a Google search at -<br> <br> &nbsp;<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en><br> <br> It's just pretty lame though that ...

Money "forgets" passwords for online account updates
I am using Money Plus Deluxe. Sometimes but not always, when I try to update my account online transactions it forgets a couple of the passwords. This is not always the same account nor does it happen with any pattern I can see. Any fix and does anyone else see this problem? ...

How to open registry file both ASCII and Unicode versions
Hi, In my program i need to open a windows registry export file (both older ASCII REGEDIT4 and unicode regedit 5 formats) and parse the file for my programs requirements. The project is not and cannot be built as unicode (for other reasons). Once the file is opened I need to parse the file, read keys + values etc... Question is how do i do this? I have used CStdioFile, open as typeBinary and then fgetws(wcBuffer, nMax, importFile.m_pStream) Which works for unicode files, but how do i test whether a file is ASCII or Unicode in the first place? Any help would be much appreaciated, T...

Moving email folders/email msgs. from older version to Outlook 200
Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. Need help finding correct files and import/export process. "Greg G" <Greg G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C04831-4559-4F9A-9210-7B67575AC3CF@microsoft.com... > Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. > Need help finding correct files and import/export process. How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assi...

CRM demo VPC
Does anyone know the location of the download for the UK version of the CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release? This is the one with the database amended for the UK? Regards, Kevin It appears as though that version is not available at this time... At least thats what I read here. But the good news is it looks like this will be available later this month. http://blogs.msdn.com/ukmscrm/archive/2007/09/21/uk-microsoft-crm-virtual-pc-images-update.aspx Hope that helps. Jason On Oct 16, 8:40 am, K. Beel. <KB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know ...

Update Unit Price in SOP10200 Remifications?
My company has its own pricing plan that we have not been able to implement in Great Plains (version 7.5 on SQL Server). We are getting ready to write strait SQL to update the UNIT Price on the detail record SOP10200 for an order. What are the Ramifications of doing this. Ideally I would like to know what all else I need to update to do this. Our plan is to use an event of some sort on close of the window that can check and acuratly price our orders... Thanks, Allen Allen, This is not a good idea. The unit price has ramifications all over the place - customer balance, inventoy cost...

Update Deductions and Benefits with Integration Manager
Is it possible to update deductions and benefits with Integration Manager? I tried to write an integration for this but it is trying to Insert the employee id as a new employee. Thanks in advance! ...

Account List Totals not being updated
I have been using Money for several years. I'm now using Money 2003 on my Windows 2000 system. I noticed this morning that the account values in the Account List view were not being updated to agree with Portfolio Values after share prices were downloaded from the Internet. I tried a reinstall and that didn't fix the problem. Then I ran the latest Microsoft "Salvage" utility on my data file and that said the file was okay. If anyone has any helpful suggestions I would love to hear them. If you wish to do so you can contact me at cbritman (at)cox(dot)net Thanks...

Updated reorder quantities
1. How do we update the reorder point and restock levels in HQ, if we change them at the store level? 2. Is there a SQL command to help consolidate the supplier codes? I now have 2 supplier codes for some of my suppliers now that we installed HQ. I had my local partner come in and work a little on this, but he created more problems than solutions. 3. I am also looking for a new RMS partner in the area of California Central Coast. ...

calculations do not update unless page is saved
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 32 tabs the first set of tabs are named according to the date 09-01-09 the last two tabs total all the important info one is 1st - 15th other is 16th - 30th on my total pages the first column is the date 09-01-09 (as Text) and i use the indirect function in my formulas to refer to the individual tab names.. everything works and calculates but it doesnt happen On-the-fly like excel usually does i have to actually hit save for any calculations to update even on the individual tabbed dates formulas like A1+A2 dont display a result untill saved.. did...

Windows Update error 80070103 01-28-10
I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun audio sound card on my Destop Computer. The drivers on cd that came with this sound card for Vista and XP. I am using Windows 7 and having trouble installing the driver manually. When Windows Update trys to download it, but stops and give me error message "80070103" everytime. Why is it give me error message when there is no driver installed on this computer? Obtain the appropriate driver update (if needed) from the device manufacturer's download page, not Windows Update. TJBuss wrote: > I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun a...

Had to Update Money with new license
Hello, My two year subscription on MS Money ended, so i was forced to buy another version to get another 2 years with a new license key. I entered in the new key (did not reinstall the product) and then it started asking me about some online quotes. I made the huge mistake of not reading the messages carefully, and when I did my next update, duplicates of my checking and credit card accounts were created (presumably from MSN Money?). deleting those duplicate accounts from MS Money (the program) did not help, as they would come back when you opened Money next and did an update. I had to go to...

Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002
In the past this function worked OK. Recently, after adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an online update. When I start adding the old stocks back, it will update some, but not all. I am forced to do this unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update done. Any suggestions? try update on the money program. in 2003 there is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of window. select the "update now" and "money upda...

calendar updates
I can add events at calendar.live.com but cannot add an event on the desktop. Save and close doesn't work. Why? -- Rupe It should be as simply as opening WLM, go to the calendar and right click on a date. Context menu will appear with an option to add an event. Are you seeing any error messages? Colin Brown WL MVP "Rupe" <Rupe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC68FEB-E31A-445E-8A97-39515894C888@microsoft.com... > I can add events at calendar.live.com but cannot add an event on the > desktop. > Save and close doesn't work...

WebDav Update Public Folder Contact cannot be Opened by outlook 2000
Exchange Version: 2003 Outlook Version: 2000 with SP3 Problem: I used WebDav to insert / update Public Folder Contact, which is successful. I can navigate to the public folder and see all the items there with correct updates. However, when I click on individual items to view details, I get "can't open this item. you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. see the folder contact or your system administrator microsoft outlook public folder contact" This works with OutLook 2002 and 2003, my company has not and will not upgrade outlook for ...

Questions to exmerge 6.5.7408.1 (newest version)
- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the ~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?) - We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will use the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export? Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export? Thanks in advance for any help! Franz Exmerge as...

Cant open saved files in Publisher Beta2 new version. Any advise
I have tried to open several save files in the new version of Publisher Beta 2, but alas it seems impossible. When clicking on recent files they can't find them and I have to browse for them, but when I find them I get the message cant open the file (s). Somebody having a good advise? Have you installed the beta refresh? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=B07A3387-01CF-4BC3-821A-0BB10E7A59FA&displayLang=en&oRef=blockedReferrer There are a number of fixes in the refresh. I cannot duplicate your error, Publisher 2007 opens all my files. Do you have Norton...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

Conflict wih Database Language Version 1.2.0151 when installing RM
Has anyone found a solution when facing a "Version Mismatch: This application requires language database 1.08 and the language database file you are using is version 1.2.0151..." I am installing RMS on a HP Win XP Media Center. I did not face this issue when installing it on a Sony Win XP Media Center. Tried looking in the "Add/Remove Software" but can't find an update to uninstall in order to fall back to the previous version. Any suggestions and / or known solution will be highly appreciated. Thanks! Are you installing this for a live database ? The current ...