Configure Microsoft Money 2005

Can you configure microsoft money not to use the on-line banking features and
just use it as a budget monitoring tool to manually enter expenses and
revenues?
--
palb
0

I've used it that way for more than a decade.

"phil" <phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can you configure microsoft money not to use the on-line banking features
> and
> just use it as a budget monitoring tool to manually enter expenses and
> revenues?

Microsoft Outlook 2007
I have an issue with opening my Outlook - can any one provide a solution? I have tried detect and repair options but the following series of error messages continue to appear. Irrespective of opening in Safe Mode or not. The extension configuration file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ADDINS\msspc.ecf" cannot be installed. There is an error in the syntax or format of the file. Error in configuration file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ADDINS\msspc.ecf". Comes up twice when OK is clicked. Then Error appears - The file CRYPT32.dll is i...

SBS2008 Installation/configuration
I have purchased SBS2008 Premium. I was told that I needed to purchase a Windows 2008R2 Server license for the second server? I thought SBS2008 premium had licenses for both SBS2008 and Windows 2008 server and that I just need additional user/device CALS. Also, Can I install SBS2008 AND Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V Viitualization all on the SBS2008 box, or does it have to be installed on separate servers? Hi David, You don't need another server license. You can install WS2k8 on the hardware, enable the hyper-v role, and then install SBS08 as a virtual machine...

Microsoft Money 2004 #4
I installed MM 2004 and now I get Error Caused by a Device Driver. Basicly it tells me to uninstall a "Third Party Product" which is causing this error??? Is Microsoft now a third party to Microsoft? ...

nonsense in microsoft .pst import attempt
Hello all, I have done 2 hours research on this topic but no one seems to have covered my exact dillema. This week I reformmatted my hard drive (with win 98) and reloaded all of my factory settings) you know...clean slate. Before shutting down I backed up all important data. Among those files a .pst that had all of my Outlook Express (v6) settings was saved too. Now with this fresh install the OE program won't allow me to load the very .pst file it created on my previous install. I see that people claim OE doesnt understand .pst files. THEN--- #1. how do I get my old settings and emai...

Money For Small Business #4
2 part question Is any one using Money 2006 Small Business Version? Is there a seperate newsgroup for Money for small business? In microsoft.public.money, Jazzman wrote: >2 part question >Is any one using Money 2006 Small Business Version? >Is there a seperate newsgroup for Money for small business? Yes (not me), and no. I use Money SB. -- "Jazzman" <Jazzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93B76B61-525E-4933-81D8-EEDF25388152@microsoft.com... >2 part question > Is any one using Money 2006 Small Business Version? > Is there a seperate...

Money Program slow
Why does it take so long for my bills to show when I click on bills? This has been a pain for the last several years. -- Money user since 98 In the latest versions there is an option to "Nuke the Bills". See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q187 or http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/418.aspx Every time you amend your Bills schedule a new schema is produced and over time this gets to be a large number of schemas that have to be searched through. The above solution addresses this and has been reported to give good results but doing it requires some effort. -- Regards Bob Peel,...

Re; Removing Past Money Programs
I just installed Money 2005 Standard Edition. It works great. I am wondering if I can safely delete my past versions of Money ( 2001, 2002 & 2003)from my computer. Thanks Bob Can't hurt provided you have CDs with the relevant programs on them or can burn a CD if you downloaded. I am only running with M2005 installed but my study is littered with CDs back to M99!! I "think" I know where they are!!!! ;-) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or sug...

New to Group Need Help with Microsoft Outlook Problem
Hi! I'm Susan and I've just joined the group. I have a mysterious problem with Microsoft Outlook 2002. I had a lot of sub folders of my In Box. One of them contained a lot of emails, maybe 150 or more. When I got up from my desk to go do something (only gone for a few minutes!), I came back the folder is gone. I've searched every place and it is completely gone. Can anyone please help me?!? It is important that I retrieve this folder if possible. Thanks so much. Expand your folder list by clicking on the + signs until you see your = folder - it is possible that you moved ...

Any WM2003 software compatible with Money 2002?
Hi there. I've been reading the various threads here about PocketPC software and synching data with Money - I want something that works with Money 2002 on my PC. Looks like the equivalent MS Money PPC version works with either PocketPC 2000 or PocketPC 2002. However, my device runs Windows Mobile 2003 so I don't think that would work. Can anybody recommend a 'money' program that would synch with M02? Any info much appreciated. Rob --- Remove the 'spamproofing' text to reply via email Iliumsoft (makers of EWallet) have a money management application that support...

Downloading templates from Microsoft
Hi: I am trying to download an Excel template from Microsoft's site. I a able to download a Word template, Publisher template, etc. When I try to download an excel template I get the followin message... The instruction at "0x303a5f3f" referenced memory at "0x524300lf" Th memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program. At that point I am brought back to the microsoft site and am still a the same template. I am running Windows 2000 Professional and Excel 2000. Any help would be appreciated. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I...

Can't delete Money investment; investment gets recreated after every download
Hi, I'm running into an annoying issue with Money 2006: A while ago I accidentally set up two investments for MSFT: one with an associated stock symbol, and the other obviously with no symbol. I would like to merge these two investments. I tried doing that by remapping all of the 'wrong' investment transactions to the right investment (the one with the stock symbol), and then deleting the wrong investment. However, every time I go to download account updates from Fidelity, I get a prompt saying "you've got xxx stock of Microsoft Corp. (the wrong type)". If I le...

How do I configure the MS-Outlook to send messages offline ?
How do I configure the MS-Outlook to send messages offline ? "rakeshalhan" <rakeshalhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B766C28-AA8E-469B-9061-6BE5A05E2BAA@microsoft.com... > How do I configure the MS-Outlook to send messages offline ? Tools-Send/Receive Settings-Define Send/Receive Groups and check the boxes under When Outlook is Offline ...

Money 2007 Business Section
A couple things I found in the Money 2007 business section that cause definite problems. 1. When invoicing, there's no way to include the date that the time took place on the invoice. So there is no way to show your client what date the service you're billing them for took place. There is no report in the system that displays the time data with the date, so it can't be exported or reported on either. This seems like an obvious flaw, but evidently it's OK since it was the same in 2006. That makes it correct, so it won't be fixed (per MS). 2. When invoicing tim...

Microsoft Works Suite 2006
I recently purchased a new copy of Works Suite 2006, (I know it's new because I broke the plastic wrapper. It has the license on the back of the case.) I had to wipe my hard drive and re-install Windows XP Pro. for an un-related problem. All my other programs re-loaded fine. Works Suite 2006 refuses to do anything except make the green light on my cd unit glow. The person I bought it from says it sounds like I'm missing some drivers or software. I tried to correct this with a re-install but it didn't help. Anybody have any ideas what's wrong? Thanks johnalangmi wrong g...

Microsoft Money 2004-Signin with hotmail.com passport no longer wo
Hello all -- I have Microsoft Money 2004 and recently, I've not been able to sign-in with my Passport Signin name and password. I keep getting the error "The sign-in attempt for PASSPORTEMAIL@hotmail.com was unsuccessful. Please try your sign-in name and password again. however, I can get into my hotmail.com email account with that password, and I can also use passport on other web sites. Any ideas why this is happening? It used to work -- but not it just doens't. In microsoft.public.money, Blake wrote: >Hello all -- >I have Microsoft Money 2004 and recently, I&...

MS Money...zombie accounts
Ok, so I'm trying to be budget savvy, and just started setting up my Money 2006 that came with my Vista laptop. I mistakenly created a bank account, and followed the directions to delete it. But, when I update any of my other accounts, the deleted account comes back on file. So, I delete again, update, and back to life it comes. Also, when I change incorrect info in my bank accounts, and update, then all the info I changed is gone. Thanks in advance ...

Money 2004 Cdn
I can't download my bank statements because my bank is not listed in the available list (even though it's supposed to be a Canadian version). Anyone know if it's possible to add a bank to the list? Thanks. Just wait until you realizd the MS Money Canadian 2004 has no idea what an RRSP is! It's garbage software. I'm moving to Quicken. In news:056c01c3d1c7$a654d3a0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Pam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't download my bank statements because my bank is not > listed in the available list (even though it's supposed...

Money 2004 #97
I was went to sign on my money 2004 today. It told me it could not find the file...so I went browsing and found a restor wizard for my Money once the restored was completed .. I had lost all my information and have some one elses..what have I done I want my money back...Help me please. In microsoft.public.money, EEEEEEEE wrote: >I was went to sign on my money 2004 today. It told me it could not find the >file...so I went browsing and found a restor wizard for my Money once the >restored was completed .. I had lost all my information and have some one >elses..what have I don...

Money 2004 Standard
Hi. I bank with Bank of Montreal and am having trouble figuring out how to get Money to download the info from my bank. BMO says Money can be used. I originally had the US version on my computer so recently bought the Canadian version... but I still couldn't see BMO in the list of banks. Does anyone know how to resolve this? or have you experienced this yourself? In microsoft.public.money, Zippy wrote: >Hi. I bank with Bank of Montreal and am having trouble >figuring out how to get Money to download the info from >my bank. >BMO says Money can be used. >I originall...

Display of upcoming bills in Money 2005
I just switched from M2002. In 2002 I could see a display of upcoming bills at the bottom of the Account display. I haven't found a way to set up 2005 so that it displays this information. I don't want to have to go to the separate bill display to see this listing. Can anyone help me? -- Mike B This is a new "feature" in M05. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=166. It's the same in M06. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2F52BFF-1FA1-4026-8C8A-26D1C6C8B5C5@microsoft.com... > I just switched from M2002. In 2002 ...

Replacing Microsoft Office Outlook 2000 with Microsoft Outlook 200
I receive error code 2908 when I try to install outlook 2007. The message gave me a way to contact PSS but that doesn't work. Should I remove 2000 before I install 2007? Thanks for your help. I need to move on - I get too many errors using 2000 anymore. -- tt TT wrote: > I receive error code 2908 when I try to install outlook 2007. The message > gave me a way to contact PSS but that doesn't work. Should I remove 2000 > before I install 2007? Thanks for your help. I need to move on - I get too > many errors using 2000 anymore. Remove 2000 first. Alias &qu...

Money 2004 Standard installation in XP Pro problem
I have been running Money 2004 standard on my Windows ME machine for about a month I have transfered in several years worth of Quicken data. My son needed Windows XP Pro. I backed up the data files, and then did an upgrade. Money seemed to work OK, but I had problems with other programs. Decide to do a clean install and format to NTFS. Have downloaded the XP updates and service packs. When reloading Money I get a successful completion notice, but when I start the program I get "Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from orginal product d...

Microsoft Money 2006 shuts down when i click on the "Bills" tab
Anyone have a problem similar to mine? It's a tad bit frustrating! I've tried reinstalling Money and tried repairing files. Nothing seems to work. I just saw this article in the knowledge base... maybe it will help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;900969 "Money 2006 unexpectedly quits without an error message when you click the Bills tab" "Blazio" wrote: > Anyone have a problem similar to mine? It's a tad bit frustrating! > > I've tried reinstalling Money and tried repairing files. Nothing seems > to work. &g...

MONEY #12
FIRST OFF I REBOOTED MY SYSTEM AND IT LOGGED ME IN UNDER A DIFFERENT PROFILE. JPEARSON.AMERICAS AS APPOSED TO MY USUAL JPEARSON. SO I COPPIED DESKTOP AND EVERYTHING UNDER JPEARSON PROFILE TO THE JPEARSON.AMERICAS PROFILE. ANYWAY NOW WHEN I CLICK ON MONEY I GET THE HOUR GLASS AND THEN NOTHING. I CAN'T GET MONEY TO OPEN AT ALL. CAN YOU HELP? Nope! JOHN wrote: > FIRST OFF I REBOOTED MY SYSTEM AND IT LOGGED ME IN UNDER A > DIFFERENT PROFILE. JPEARSON.AMERICAS AS APPOSED TO MY > USUAL JPEARSON. SO I COPPIED DESKTOP AND EVERYTHING UNDER > JPEARSON PROFILE TO THE JPEA...

money 2002 crashes when importing transactions
from approx mid july I have been unable to downlaod transactions from my bank. Note this is in Australia so if is not an automatic link. I manually trigger the downlaod and MS Money knows to import the file that my PC gets. Money status bar says "processing statement" and then pops up the error has occured box. It has the following info: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 10.0.0.904 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 10.0.0.904 Offset: 0014c5fe I have tried an uninstall and then reinstall into a new folder on different logical drive. I have also tried the xml fixes at http://supp...