Community bank's new software doesn't export in my format

I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no
investments at my age).  Two national banks provide exports in .qif format as a
matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new (better)
software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export formats.

I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support
Money98.  The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have with Intuit
and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies want consumers
to always upgrade their software."

Her IT manager suggested "Financial File Converter" but there were so many
negative comments that it turned me away.

I need some authoritative information and advice in this case.  Thank you in
advance.
gm
P.S. Is there a way for me to find out the format for .qif?  I probably could
build a converter from a comma-delimited file in Ansi M language (the only thing
I still know how to do).
0
Gualtier
3/12/2010 8:38:43 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Gualtier - there are many "free" and free scripts to convert CSV to OFX
available online. And of-course, there are some paid for tools as well.
For the formaer, do a search on google for "csv to qif" and take your pick.
If you fail (more like refuse) to find anything suitable, an express request
for "paid for" / licensed tools here will yield a few suggestions I am sure.

For the QIF format, have a look at this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicken_Interchange_Format
(again from a simple google search for "qif format")

"Gualtier Malde" <chuckb@eskimo.com> wrote in message
>I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no
>investments at my age).  Two national banks provide exports in .qif format
>as a matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new
>(better) software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export
>formats.
>
> I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support
> Money98.  The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have with
> Intuit and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies
> want consumers to always upgrade their software."
>
> Her IT manager suggested "Financial File Converter" but there were so many
> negative comments that it turned me away.
>
> I need some authoritative information and advice in this case.  Thank you
> in advance.
> gm
> P.S. Is there a way for me to find out the format for .qif?  I probably
> could build a converter from a comma-delimited file in Ansi M language
> (the only thing I still know how to do).

0
icreateofx
3/12/2010 9:30:36 PM
Export one of your accounts, you will see the .qif format used.

"Gualtier Malde" <chuckb@eskimo.com> wrote in message
| I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no
| investments at my age).  Two national banks provide exports in .qif format
as a
| matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new (better)
| software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export formats.
|
| I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support
| Money98.  The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have with
Intuit
| and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies want
consumers
| to always upgrade their software."
|
| Her IT manager suggested "Financial File Converter" but there were so many
| negative comments that it turned me away.
|
| I need some authoritative information and advice in this case.  Thank you
in
| advance.
| gm
| P.S. Is there a way for me to find out the format for .qif?  I probably
could
| build a converter from a comma-delimited file in Ansi M language (the only
thing
| I still know how to do).

0
Ken
3/12/2010 9:31:59 PM
icreateofx wrote:
> Gualtier - there are many "free" and free scripts to convert CSV to OFX
> available online. And of-course, there are some paid for tools as well.
> For the formaer, do a search on google for "csv to qif" and take your pick.
> If you fail (more like refuse) to find anything suitable, an express request
> for "paid for" / licensed tools here will yield a few suggestions I am sure.

"more like refuse"??   Well I didn't find anything suitable.  Most converters
are qif to csv, a couple of csv to qif required excell, or were for the Mac, or
something else.  Financial File Converter rang the virus bell and was hustled
off to the vault.

That Wikipedia entry will be handy - I don't know why I didn't think of that.  I
  opened a qif file from another bank in Notepad and it's only 3 lines.  I
thought that was a mistake the first time I did it but the Wiki info helped, so
I will try to build my own.

Thank you for your replies
gm

> For the QIF format, have a look at this link:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicken_Interchange_Format
> (again from a simple google search for "qif format")
>

> "Gualtier Malde" <chuckb@eskimo.com> wrote in message
>> I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no
>> investments at my age).  Two national banks provide exports in .qif format
>> as a matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new
>> (better) software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export
>> formats.
>>
>> I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support
>> Money98.  The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have with
>> Intuit and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies
>> want consumers to always upgrade their software."
>>
>> Her IT manager suggested "Financial File Converter" but there were so many
>> negative comments that it turned me away.
>>
>> I need some authoritative information and advice in this case.  Thank you
>> in advance.
>> gm
>> P.S. Is there a way for me to find out the format for .qif?  I probably
>> could build a converter from a comma-delimited file in Ansi M language
>> (the only thing I still know how to do).

0
Gualtier
3/12/2010 11:40:50 PM
I have one Finance account that only provides Tab Delimited or Comma
Separated export.

I use Microsoft Works database to open Comma Separated export and have built
database report output for converting to .qif.

Paste report output into Notepad, then save as Finance account.qif.

Import Finance account.qif into Money.

In other words I use Microsoft Works database to create the .qif file that
can be imported into Money.

"Ken" <PleaseReply@NewsGroup.Thanks> wrote in message

| Export one of your accounts, you will see the .qif format used.
|

| "Gualtier Malde" <chuckb@eskimo.com> wrote in message
| | I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no
| | investments at my age).  Two national banks provide exports in .qif
format
| as a
| | matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new (better)
| | software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export formats.
| |
| | I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support
| | Money98.  The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have
with
| Intuit
| | and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies want
| consumers
| | to always upgrade their software."
| |
| | Her IT manager suggested "Financial File Converter" but there were so
many
| | negative comments that it turned me away.
| |
| | I need some authoritative information and advice in this case.  Thank
you
| in
| | advance.
| | gm
| | P.S. Is there a way for me to find out the format for .qif?  I probably
| could
| | build a converter from a comma-delimited file in Ansi M language (the
only
| thing
| | I still know how to do).

0
Ken
3/13/2010 3:08:28 AM
Ken wrote:
> I have one Finance account that only provides Tab Delimited or Comma
> Separated export.
>
> I use Microsoft Works database to open Comma Separated export and have built
> database report output for converting to .qif.
>
> Paste report output into Notepad, then save as Finance account.qif.
>
> Import Finance account.qif into Money.
>
> In other words I use Microsoft Works database to create the .qif file that
> can be imported into Money.

I've gotten it imported into a Works database (I hadn't realized I could do it
with csv - thought it had to be tab delimited).  I will try making my first
report ever but, if you were inclined to share your report format with this
error-prone old man it would be greatly appreciated.
GM

> "Ken" <PleaseReply@NewsGroup.Thanks> wrote in message
>
> | Export one of your accounts, you will see the .qif format used.
> |

> | "Gualtier Malde" <chuckb@eskimo.com> wrote in message
> | | I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no
> | | investments at my age).  Two national banks provide exports in .qif
> format
> | as a
> | | matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new (better)
> | | software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export formats.
> | |
> | | I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support
> | | Money98.  The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have
> with
> | Intuit
> | | and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies want
> | consumers
> | | to always upgrade their software."
> | |
> | | Her IT manager suggested "Financial File Converter" but there were so
> many
> | | negative comments that it turned me away.
> | |
> | | I need some authoritative information and advice in this case.  Thank
> you
> | in
> | | advance.
> | | gm
> | | P.S. Is there a way for me to find out the format for .qif?  I probably
> | could
> | | build a converter from a comma-delimited file in Ansi M language (the
> only
> | thing
> | | I still know how to do).

0
Gualtier
3/13/2010 9:28:39 PM
My set up for investment account.

D Field is where the Date is.

First formula reads, Print a D then the info in the D Field.

See example report output below.

Ken

QIF Creator.wdb      Microsoft Works Database

Report View
                             A                     B                  C
  Title
  Title             !Type:Invst
  Record         ="D"&D Field
  Record         ="T"&T Field
  Record         ="N"&N Field
  Record         ="Y"&Y Field
  Record         ="I"&I Field
  Record         ="Q"&Q Field
  Record         ^
  Record
  Summary

!Type:Invst
D02/01/2010
T0.31
NIntInc
YGOLDMAN SACHS FIN SQ PM OB FUND #462
^

D02/01/2010
T0.31
NBuy
YGOLDMAN SACHS FIN SQ PM OB FUND #462
I1.00
Q0.31
^

D02/02/2010
T122.99
NDIV
YTCW FDS INC EMER MK INCM N
^

D02/02/2010
T122.99
NBuy
YGOLDMAN SACHS FIN SQ PM OB FUND #462
I1.00
Q122.99
^

D02/26/2010
T63.60
NSell
YGOLDMAN SACHS FIN SQ PM OB FUND #462
I1.00
Q63.60
^

| Ken wrote:
| > I have one Finance account that only provides Tab Delimited or Comma
| > Separated export.
| >
| > I use Microsoft Works database to open Comma Separated export and have
built
| > database report output for converting to .qif.
| >
| > Paste report output into Notepad, then save as Finance account.qif.
| >
| > Import Finance account.qif into Money.
| >
| > In other words I use Microsoft Works database to create the .qif file
that
| > can be imported into Money.
|
| I've gotten it imported into a Works database (I hadn't realized I could
do it
| with csv - thought it had to be tab delimited).  I will try making my
first
| report ever but, if you were inclined to share your report format with
this
| error-prone old man it would be greatly appreciated.
| GM
|

| > "Ken" <PleaseReply@NewsGroup.Thanks> wrote in message
| >
| > | Export one of your accounts, you will see the .qif format used.
| > |
| > |
| > | "Gualtier Malde" <chuckb@eskimo.com> wrote in message
| > format
| > | as a
formats.
| > | |
| > with
| > | Intuit
| > | consumers
| > | |
| > many
| > | |
Thank
| > you
| > | in
| > | could
| > only
| > | thing
| > |

0
Ken
3/14/2010 9:21:42 PM
I really appreciate this.  Thank you.

GM

Ken wrote:
> [...]
> | > Separated export.
> | >
> | > I use Microsoft Works database to open Comma Separated export and have
> built
> | > database report output for converting to .qif.
> | >
> | > Paste report output into Notepad, then save as Finance account.qif.
> | >
> | > Import Finance account.qif into Money.
> | >
> | > In other words I use Microsoft Works database to create the .qif file
> that
> | > can be imported into Money.
> |
> | I've gotten it imported into a Works database (I hadn't realized I could
> do it
> | with csv - thought it had to be tab delimited).  I will try making my
> first
> | report ever but, if you were inclined to share your report format with
> this
> | error-prone old man it would be greatly appreciated.

0
Gualtier
3/15/2010 6:54:37 PM
Hi Ken - I was out of town but back and working on report.  Question, though:
For !Type:Bank -- In the wdb file created from csv the debit number does not
have a "-" sign.  I don't know how to make all the figures in the debit column
into negative figures. Is it possible or is there a work-around?
GM

Ken wrote:
> [...]
> | > Separated export.
> | >
> | > I use Microsoft Works database to open Comma Separated export and have
> built
> | > database report output for converting to .qif.
> | >
> | > Paste report output into Notepad, then save as Finance account.qif.
> | >
> | > Import Finance account.qif into Money.
> | >
> | > In other words I use Microsoft Works database to create the .qif file
> that
> | > can be imported into Money.
> |
> | I've gotten it imported into a Works database (I hadn't realized I could
> do it
> | with csv - thought it had to be tab delimited).  I will try making my
> first
> | report ever but, if you were inclined to share your report format with
> this
> | error-prone old man it would be greatly appreciated.

0
Gualtier
3/17/2010 7:25:37 PM
Hi GM,

There is several ways to accomplish this.

Lets say your column is named debit.

Create a New Debit column, use this formula =-Debit to create a negative of
Debit column.

    Debit      New Debit

  11.23         -11.23
   10.00        -10.00
   21.45        -21.45

Ken

| Hi Ken - I was out of town but back and working on report.  Question,
though:
| For !Type:Bank -- In the wdb file created from csv the debit number does
not
| have a "-" sign.  I don't know how to make all the figures in the debit
column
| into negative figures. Is it possible or is there a work-around?
| GM
|
| Ken wrote:
| > My set up for investment account.
| >
| > D Field is where the Date is.
| >
| > First formula reads, Print a D then the info in the D Field.
| >
| > See example report output below.
| >
| > Ken
| >

| > --------------------------------------------------------------
| > QIF Creator.wdb      Microsoft Works Database
| >
| > Report View
| >                              A                     B                  C
| >   Title
| >   Title             !Type:Invst
| >   Record         ="D"&D Field
| >   Record         ="T"&T Field
| >   Record         ="N"&N Field
| >   Record         ="Y"&Y Field
| >   Record         ="I"&I Field
| >   Record         ="Q"&Q Field
| >   Record         ^
| >   Record
| >   Summary
| > --------------------------------------------------------------------
| >

| > !Type:Invst
| > D02/01/2010
| > T0.31
| > NIntInc
| > YGOLDMAN SACHS FIN SQ PM OB FUND #462
| > ^
| >
| > D02/01/2010
| > T0.31
| > NBuy
| > YGOLDMAN SACHS FIN SQ PM OB FUND #462
| > I1.00
| > Q0.31
| > ^
| >
| > D02/02/2010
| > T122.99
| > NDIV
| > YTCW FDS INC EMER MK INCM N
| > ^
| >
| > D02/02/2010
| > T122.99
| > NBuy
| > YGOLDMAN SACHS FIN SQ PM OB FUND #462
| > I1.00
| > Q122.99
| > ^
| >
| > D02/26/2010
| > T63.60
| > NSell
| > YGOLDMAN SACHS FIN SQ PM OB FUND #462
| > I1.00
| > Q63.60
| > ^
| >

| > "Gualtier Malde" <chuckb@eskimo.com> wrote in message

| > built

| > that
| > |
| > | I've gotten it imported into a Works database (I hadn't realized I
could
| > do it
| > | with csv - thought it had to be tab delimited).  I will try making my
| > first
| > | report ever but, if you were inclined to share your report format with
| > this
| > | error-prone old man it would be greatly appreciated.
| > | GM
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > (no
| > (better)
| > formats.
| > | > | |
| > support
| > | > | |
| > so
| > | > | |
| > Thank
| > probably
| > (the
| > | > |

0
Ken
3/17/2010 10:29:01 PM
Thanks - That is more elegant than my fix (after posting) which was to have two
records beginning with "=T" and including the negative sign in the quote: ="T-".
I don't know if it would have worked though because two other records are
producing errors in the report.  I'll continue to work on the problem as time
allows.

Meanwhile I have opened another account in our credit union and will move the
function from the community bank to it.

Thanks again for your help.
Chuck

Ken wrote:
> Hi GM,
>
> There is several ways to accomplish this.
>
> Lets say your column is named debit.
>
> Create a New Debit column, use this formula =-Debit to create a negative of
> Debit column.
>
>     Debit      New Debit
>
>   11.23         -11.23
>    10.00        -10.00
>    21.45        -21.45
>
> Ken
>
> "Gualtier Malde" <chuckb@eskimo.com> wrote in message
> | Hi Ken - I was out of town but back and working on report.  Question,
> though:
> | For !Type:Bank -- In the wdb file created from csv the debit number does
> not
> | have a "-" sign.  I don't know how to make all the figures in the debit
> column
> | into negative figures. Is it possible or is there a work-around?
> | GM
> |
> | Ken wrote:
> | > My set up for investment account.
> | >
> | > D Field is where the Date is.
> | >
> | > First formula reads, Print a D then the info in the D Field.
> | >
> | > See example report output below.
> | >
> | > Ken
> | >

> | > --------------------------------------------------------------
> | > QIF Creator.wdb      Microsoft Works Database
> | >
> | > Report View
> | >                              A                     B                  C
> [...]
0
Gualtier
3/18/2010 5:18:27 PM
Hi Chuck,

If you want, make a phony copy of your .csv, then copy and paste the comma
separated values into your next post.

I can look at them in the database and perhaps offer some suggestions.

Ken

| Thanks - That is more elegant than my fix (after posting) which was to
have two
| records beginning with "=T" and including the negative sign in the quote:
="T-".
| I don't know if it would have worked though because two other records are
| producing errors in the report.  I'll continue to work on the problem as
time
| allows.
|
| Meanwhile I have opened another account in our credit union and will move
the
| function from the community bank to it.
|
| Thanks again for your help.
| Chuck
|

| Ken wrote:
| > Hi GM,
| >
| > There is several ways to accomplish this.
| >
| > Lets say your column is named debit.
| >
| > Create a New Debit column, use this formula =-Debit to create a negative
of
| > Debit column.
| >
| >     Debit      New Debit
| >
| >   11.23         -11.23
| >    10.00        -10.00
| >    21.45        -21.45
| >
| > Ken
| >
| > "Gualtier Malde" <chuckb@eskimo.com> wrote in message
| > | Hi Ken - I was out of town but back and working on report.  Question,
| > though:
| > | For !Type:Bank -- In the wdb file created from csv the debit number
does
| > not
| > | have a "-" sign.  I don't know how to make all the figures in the
debit
| > column
| > | into negative figures. Is it possible or is there a work-around?
| > | GM
| > |

Comma

| > have

| > file
| > | > |
| > could
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

used.
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > need
| > .qif
| > | > | > | |
| > have
| > want
| > | > | > | |
| > were
| > | > | > | |
| > | > | > |

0
Ken
3/18/2010 8:49:38 PM
Ken wrote:
> Hi Chuck,
>
> If you want, make a phony copy of your .csv, then copy and paste the comma
> separated values into your next post.
>
> I can look at them in the database and perhaps offer some suggestions.

That is most generous.  Thank you.  I have put here what I can without using
html and graphics.  The actual copies of the specimens (3) are on my ftp site:
ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/c/chuckb/download/  All are named "Specimen" with
different extensions.
Best wishes,
Chuck

Here is the Specimen .csv:

Account Number,Post Date,Check,Description,Debit,Credit,Status,Balance
"XXXXXX9406",2/8/2010,5658,"REGULAR CHECK",100.00,,Posted,807.66
"XXXXXX9406",2/4/2010,,"5511 CHECKING W/D 2237 N.W. 57TH ST. SEATTLE WA
1391",60.00,,Posted,907.66
"XXXXXX9406",2/3/2010,2792,"REGULAR CHECK",69.26,,Posted,967.66
"XXXXXX9406",2/3/2010,2791,"REGULAR CHECK",25.00,,Posted,1036.92
"XXXXXX9406",2/3/2010,2790,"REGULAR CHECK",15.00,,Posted,1061.92
"XXXXXX9406",2/3/2010,,"REFUND - B. GATES - MICROSOFT",,22.50,Posted,1061.92
"XXXXXX9406",2/2/2010,,"17579 CHK PURCHASE 112 WEST GALER ST. SEATTLE WA TRADER
JOE'S # 1",31.84,,Posted,1076.92
"XXXXXX9406",2/2/2010,,"16960 CHK PURCHASE 100 Mercer St. Seattle WA
METROPOLITAN MA",33.86,,Posted,1108.76
"XXXXXX9406",2/1/2010,,"16819 DDA PURCHASE 600 NORTH 34TH STRE SEATTLE WA PCC
FREMONT",80.66,,Posted,1142.62
"XXXXXX9406",2/1/2010,2785,"REGULAR CHECK",25.00,,Posted,1223.28
-----------------------------
Here is a copy/paste of the report:

!Type:Bank
ERR
ERR
PREGULAR CHECK
ERR
^
ERR
ERR
P16819 DDA PURCHASE 600 NORTH 34T
^
ERR
ERR
P17579 CHK PURCHASE 112 WEST GAL
^
ERR
ERR
P16960 CHK PURCHASE 100 Mercer St. S
^
-------------------------------------
And a copy of the report format:

!Type:Bank
="D"&Date
="T"&T
="T_"&C
="P"&P
="N"&Num
^
----------------------------
I had originally titled my columns with one letter but thought that somehow that
might be contributing to error so gave real titles to two of them.
Interestingly the "P" entry does fine but truncates -

Thanks again
GM

0
Gualtier
3/21/2010 7:19:23 PM
Hi Chuck,

Those ERRs in the report are associated with numbers.

I forgot to mention, for the formulas to work in the report all numbers have
to be converted to Text.

If you have a email address, will send your Specimen_checking.wdb with the
formulas I used in List View to convert numbers to text.

Ken

> [...]
| ERR
| P17579 CHK PURCHASE 112 WEST GAL
| ^
| ERR
| ERR
| P16960 CHK PURCHASE 100 Mercer St. S
| ^
| -------------------------------------
| And a copy of the report format:
|
| !Type:Bank
| ="D"&Date
| ="T"&T
| ="T_"&C
| ="P"&P
| ="N"&Num
| ^
| ----------------------------
| I had originally titled my columns with one letter but thought that
somehow that
| might be contributing to error so gave real titles to two of them.
| Interestingly the "P" entry does fine but truncates -

0
Ken
3/22/2010 10:03:57 PM
A-ha!  That's why the "P" field worked.  The address above is good to use.
Thanks again.

Chuck

Ken wrote:
> [...]
> | ERR
> | P17579 CHK PURCHASE 112 WEST GAL
> | ^
> | ERR
> | ERR
> | P16960 CHK PURCHASE 100 Mercer St. S
> | ^
> | -------------------------------------
> | And a copy of the report format:
> |
> | !Type:Bank
> | ="D"&Date
> | ="T"&T
> | ="T_"&C
> | ="P"&P
> | ="N"&Num
> | ^
> | ----------------------------
> | I had originally titled my columns with one letter but thought that
> somehow that
> | might be contributing to error so gave real titles to two of them.
> | Interestingly the "P" entry does fine but truncates -

0
Gualtier
3/24/2010 1:56:20 AM
HI Chuck,

Sent copy of Specimen_checking.wdb to your email address.

Used String function to convert number to text.

=STRING(x,DecimalPlaces)

What is the STRING function?
The STRING function (a built-in calculation that you can use to create a
formula) gives the value x converted to text (the value preceded by a double
quotation mark) with the specified number of decimal places.

STRING is useful when you need to convert a number to text for use in a text
formula.

The variable x can be a reference to a field (a column in List view that
shows a category of information, such as a serial number or purchase date)
that contains a value (number). You can also type the number in the formula.

DecimalPlaces is the number of decimal places you want Works to display for
the value that is converted to text.

Ken

| A-ha!  That's why the "P" field worked.  The address above is good to use.
| Thanks again.
|
| Chuck
|

| Ken wrote:
| > Hi Chuck,
| >
| > Those ERRs in the report are associated with numbers.
| >
| > I forgot to mention, for the formulas to work in the report all numbers
have
| > to be converted to Text.
| >
| > If you have a email address, will send your Specimen_checking.wdb with
the
| > formulas I used in List View to convert numbers to text.
| >
| > Ken
| >
| > "Gualtier Malde" <chuckb@eskimo.com> wrote in message

| > comma

| > | That is most generous.  Thank you.  I have put here what I can without
| > using
| > | html and graphics.  The actual copies of the specimens (3) are on my
ftp
| > site:
| > | ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/c/chuckb/download/  All are named "Specimen"
with
| > | different extensions.
| > | Best wishes,
| > | Chuck
| > |
| > | Here is the Specimen .csv:
| > |
| > | Account Number,Post Date,Check,Description,Debit,Credit,Status,Balance
| > | "XXXXXX9406",2/8/2010,5658,"REGULAR CHECK",100.00,,Posted,807.66
| > | "XXXXXX9406",2/4/2010,,"5511 CHECKING W/D 2237 N.W. 57TH ST. SEATTLE
WA
| > | 1391",60.00,,Posted,907.66
| > | "XXXXXX9406",2/3/2010,2792,"REGULAR CHECK",69.26,,Posted,967.66
| > | "XXXXXX9406",2/3/2010,2791,"REGULAR CHECK",25.00,,Posted,1036.92
| > | "XXXXXX9406",2/3/2010,2790,"REGULAR CHECK",15.00,,Posted,1061.92
| > | "XXXXXX9406",2/3/2010,,"REFUND - B. GATES -
| > MICROSOFT",,22.50,Posted,1061.92
| > | "XXXXXX9406",2/2/2010,,"17579 CHK PURCHASE 112 WEST GALER ST. SEATTLE
WA
| > TRADER
| > | JOE'S # 1",31.84,,Posted,1076.92
| > | "XXXXXX9406",2/2/2010,,"16960 CHK PURCHASE 100 Mercer St. Seattle WA
| > | METROPOLITAN MA",33.86,,Posted,1108.76
| > | "XXXXXX9406",2/1/2010,,"16819 DDA PURCHASE 600 NORTH 34TH STRE SEATTLE
WA
| > PCC
| > | FREMONT",80.66,,Posted,1142.62
| > | "XXXXXX9406",2/1/2010,2785,"REGULAR CHECK",25.00,,Posted,1223.28
| > | -----------------------------
| > | Here is a copy/paste of the report:
| > |
| > | !Type:Bank
| > | ERR
| > | ERR
| > | PREGULAR CHECK
| > | ERR
| > | ^
| > | ERR
| > | ERR
| > | P16819 DDA PURCHASE 600 NORTH 34T
| > | ^
| > | ERR
| > | ERR
| > | P17579 CHK PURCHASE 112 WEST GAL
| > | ^
| > | ERR
| > | ERR
| > | P16960 CHK PURCHASE 100 Mercer St. S
| > | ^
| > | -------------------------------------
| > | And a copy of the report format:
| > |
| > | !Type:Bank
| > | ="D"&Date
| > | ="T"&T
| > | ="T_"&C
| > | ="P"&P
| > | ="N"&Num
| > | ^
| > | ----------------------------
| > | I had originally titled my columns with one letter but thought that
| > somehow that
| > | might be contributing to error so gave real titles to two of them.
| > | Interestingly the "P" entry does fine but truncates -
| > |
| > | Thanks again
| > | GM
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

0
Ken
3/24/2010 1:33:02 PM
CSV2OFX at http://www.csv2ofx.com converts CSV files to OFX format.
CSV2QFX at http://www.csv2Qfx.com converts CSV files to QFX format.

> On Friday, March 12, 2010 3:38 PM Gualtier Malde wrote:

> I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no
> investments at my age).  Two national banks provide exports in .qif format as a
> matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new (better)
> software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export formats.
>
> I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor did not support
> Money98.  The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have with Intuit
> and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies want consumers
> to always upgrade their software."
>
> Her IT manager suggested "Financial File Converter" but there were so many
> negative comments that it turned me away.
>
> I need some authoritative information and advice in this case.  Thank you in
> advance.
> gm
> P.S. Is there a way for me to find out the format for .qif?  I probably could
> build a converter from a comma-delimited file in Ansi M language (the only thing
> I still know how to do).

>> On Friday, March 12, 2010 4:30 PM icreateofx wrote:

>> Gualtier - there are many "free" and free scripts to convert CSV to OFX
>> available online. And of-course, there are some paid for tools as well.
>> For the formaer, do a search on google for "csv to qif" and take your pick.
>> If you fail (more like refuse) to find anything suitable, an express request
>> for "paid for" / licensed tools here will yield a few suggestions I am sure.
>>
>> For the QIF format, have a look at this link:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicken_Interchange_Format
>> (again from a simple google search for "qif format")

>>> On Friday, March 12, 2010 4:31 PM Ken wrote:

>>> Export one of your accounts, you will see the .qif format used.

>>> as a

>>> Intuit
>>> consumers

>>> in
>>> could
>>> thing

Exporting TXF file from Money Plus
When I went to create the txf file I found that the short and long term capital gains were from both my personal accounts and my retirement accounts. Is their anyway to exclude the entries from the retirement accounts as they are not taxed? As mentioned, I am running Money Plus. The accounts are 403B, Rollover IRA and Roth IRA accounts, all of which have the retirement account box checked. I did however rebalance the accounts during the year which generated the reported gains. In microsoft.public.money, Art McClinton wrote: >When I went to create the txf file I found that the sh...

Auto Format Change
Re Excel 2002. I have a colleague in accounts. She has a spreadsheet of bank details. She formats her sort codes to text (an example is 20-40-70) and then saves as a CSV file. When she then opens the CSV file, some of the sort codes have changed to dates (example 20/05/2016). It doesn't affect all the sort codes so what can she do? I believe I have just solved it! I have advised her to not format to text, just leave as general and this seems to do the trick. "DM" wrote: > Re Excel 2002. > > I have a colleague in accounts. She has a spreadsheet of bank deta...

Down loading bank transactions
when downloading my bank transactions, I find that new transactions displayed in my msmoney account register automatically defaults to the names of two previously used payees. I'd prefer it leave the payee field blank. how do i fix this? In microsoft.public.money, mp65wbl wrote: >when downloading my bank transactions, I find that new >transactions displayed in my msmoney account register >automatically defaults to the names of two previously >used payees. I'd prefer it leave the payee field blank. >how do i fix this? Money 2004? In microsoft.public.money, ...

Chart export macro
I receive a run time error 1004 within the macro below. The message says, "Application-defined or object-defined error". Being a real novice, I don't know what to look for. So any help would be appreciated. Using Excel 2000, my worksheet periodically imports selected data from an Oracle 9i database. On the same worksheet the data is charted. I want the chart to be periodically dumped to a .htm file so using openign the .htm file see the updated chart data. Here's the macro: Sub Auto_Open() ActiveWorkbook.PublishObjects.Add(xlSourceChart, _ "\\Shared\Of...

Chart.Export
I have a PC with Office 2007 and a PC with Office 2003. Ik am using a macro wich uses the method Activechart.Export ("C:\TEMP\TEST.BMP") to export a graph to a BMP file. In Office 2007 everything works fine. In Office 2003 I am getting the error: Error 1004. Method Export of object _Chart didn´t succeed. I read something about importfilters. But I didn´t see the solution. Can someone tell what I can do about it? Try Activechart.Export "C:\TEMP\TEST.PNG" A PNG image file is a compressed bitmap. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technica...

Exporting Date Modified Field
I'm trying to export Outlook 2003 Contacts to a .csv file. I want to include the MODIFIED field, which is a data field automatically stamped by Outlook. (It shows up on the FREQUENTLY USED FIELDS tab when displaying ALL FIELDS on a contact.) It doesn't come up as one of the mapped field choices when the wizard asks you to map fields to export. Anyone know how to export this field? If not, anyone know how to filter an export to include only those contacts whose MODIFIED field falls within a certain date range? TIA, Kathy Right now you can use our preview edition of ContactGen...

Outlook 2007 Autocorrect with formatted text
I need to know how to enable Outlook to replace autocorrect entries with formatted text. In Word 2007, its as simple as clicking the radio button to enable it. In Outlook however, not so much. Here is what I am trying to accomplish -- this worked two weeks ago before my hard drive died, however, I can't remember how to recreate it. I enter my initials and autocorrect formats a signature with contact information. The path, Tools, Options, Spelling, Spelling, Spelling and Autocorrect Options, Autocorrect Options --- however, the "Formatted text" radio button is ...

Export Outlook 2003 mail account settings ?
I'm sure this must be a FAQ, but I can't find the answer. Is there a way to export Outlook 2003 mail account settings? I've got a load of PCs to set up with several similar accounts, with OE this was simple. -- Nigel M "Time may be a great healer, but he's a lousy beautician" Outlook 2003 has no account export. Instead, you can use a .prf file = created with the Custom Installation Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard = from the Office Resource Kit.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrato...

Conditional Formatting 05-06-10
Hi and TIA. I have a worksheet like so. I'm trying to conditionally format the cells in Column C. If this is possible where do a place a call to the procedure? I want the procedure to run for each individual row except I can't simply copy the formula down the sheet because I have headers and totals rows. I'm new to excel. I'm an Access geek. Any advice or if you can point me in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks for your time! Header: USS Vinson A B C 1 3 3 1 2 2 3 4 3 1 2 2 Tot 6 8 ...

Combining data (numeric format) in multiple cells into one cell (t
If you have data in multiple cells that is numeric format, can the data be combined into one cell as text? Example. Cell A1 is number of correct answers (9), Cell B1 is number of questions (10). In cell C1, would like to display data as (9-10)? Can a formula be created that will automatically do this so as to eliminate having to type the information? one way: =A1 & "-" & B1 In article <018B8827-4277-4C02-81E1-3BEDB61422A0@microsoft.com>, "GNAC SID" <GNAC SID@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If you have data in multiple cells that is num...

Formatting changed when received by version 97
Hi, I have a problem with my Outlook XP. I am using Outlook XP with SP2 installed and using Word as my email editor. My problem is that when my emails are received by a 2000 or XP version of Outlook, all text is displayed correctly, but when a version 97 receives my mail then the font is changing mid sentence and extra blank lines are being added. The whole email look a complete mess. I know 97 only uses text and not HTML so something must be wrong with the way 97 removes the HTML tags. Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix? TIA Mark It is not so much that Outlook 97 does not ...

error C2661: 'CStdStr<CT>::Format' : no overloaded function takes 19 argumentswith[CT=char]
Hi, I am getting following error, error C2661: 'CStdStr<CT>::Format' : no overloaded function takes 19 arguments with[CT=char] If you have the solution please provide it. Thanks, Shilpa Did you compile as Unicode, but still put in an ANSI format string like ..Format("%d") rather than .Format(_T("%d")) Tom "shilpa" <bharatid@cybage.com> wrote in message news:1174467883.296564.83070@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am getting following error, > > error C2661: 'CStdStr<CT>::Format' : no overloaded ...

New Message Window
WLM version 14.0.8089.0726. ( Win 7 Starter ) Just installed it on my netbook and it's running nicely , except that each new message window is maximized. If I restore down , it resizes correctly , but I can't set it to the preferred size and have it re open that way ? I thought perhaps , it might be auto maximizing because of the new feature in Win 7 ( sorry , forgot the name ) where dragging a window to the top will maximize it. I resized the main WLM window to less than desktop size , created a new message , and once again , got a maximized window. I should ad...

export to .pdf from MS works spreadsheet?
If anyone can tell me how to do this I'd be very grateful. Everywhere I go with these spreadsheets, which are in .xlr or 'Microsoft Works Spreadsheet' format, they open up differently (margins and colors are different) depending on what version of 'Excel' or 'Works' the printers use. I've had no luck with the help texts, can anyone tell me how to get these files into .pdf format?? Is it an IMPORT function of adobe acrobat I need to examine? Many thanks in advance, Tom Wailea, HI You need to buy a program that creates the PDF file. They typically set...

article on asp.net new features
Hi This is an article on new features of asp.net and I hope it will help you improving knowledge http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Whatis_New_ASP_Net_4.aspx -- Abdul Sami "Abdul Sami" <AbdulSami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A75160F4-F106-4FE0-8E02-E6F765AE8FC5@microsoft.com... > Hi > This is an article on new features of asp.net and I hope it will help you > improving knowledge > > http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Whatis_New_ASP_Net_4.aspx > > -- > Abdul Sami Really? Here's what it says: &...

Conditional Formatting and selection
I have one column that has both name/address(in one row) and telephone numbers(in another row). I'd like to move the name/address info into it's own column. I've been able to do a conditional format to change the text info to a new color but I can't seem to mass select that info so I can move it all at once. Any ideas would be appreciated. if either the names or the telepphe numbers are all in even rows insert a helper column and enter =mod(row(),2) and copy down to the end of the data use autofilter on this column and select 0 select all and paste somewhere change the aut...

New Problem
In Access 2007: In a form I created a button, used the wizard to set it to go to next record when clicked. When I click it, I get this: The expression ON CLICK you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Ambiguous name detected: PRINT_CLICK. Now, if I wrote the VBA/Macro, I could understand it not working if I made a mistake, but this button was generated by ACCESS and doesn't work. Same problem with Previous record button and Save Record button. Thanks in advance, Vito I would guess the problem is not with the buttons, but with the f...

Format Function
Below is a snipplet of code that gets a recordset. I'm trying to output to a text file and keep my columns of data straight by using tabs. Because of the length of records in the field objRS!sShift, the vbTab code wasn't lining my column correctly, so I used the Format() function with the "@@@@@@" parameter and my data from the objRS!sShift now right-aligns. My new problem is I have a new field called "percentData" that is a percent that I need to display as 54.62% for example. Without the Format() function, the raw output of this field looks like 0.5462625 f...

If activity still open move to a new case
Hello, could someone tell me if this is possible... In a case if there is not enough enough time to complete all set activities in the case I want to be able to close the case and export the open activities to a new case. is it possible? Regards Ian ...

Money Plus Deluxe doesn't recognize new account
I have Money Plus Deluxe connect to my bank periodically and download transactions from my checking and savings account. I recently added a new savings account but I cannot get Money to notice the new account. It's an existing ID with my bank and according to everything I have read it should pick up the new account pretty much automatically but it doesn't. Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Bill Harrison | 2009-05-19 | 8:58:07 PM wrote: >I have Money Plus Deluxe connect to my bank periodically and download >transactions from my checking and savings account. I re...

excel spread sheet wont caculate new data entered in ranges.
my excel spread sheets no longer adds new data entered in ranges. I use Excel to track construction expenses. Recently the workbook spreadsheets stoped adding new data entered into the ranges. Tools>Options>Calculation is set to "Manual"? The SUM range is too narrow and does not include the new data rows/columns? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:05:04 -0800, "Art-needs-help" <Art-needs-help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >my excel spread sheets no longer adds new data entered in ranges. I use >Excel to track construction expenses....

free book keeping software
how can i get some free book keeping software for a small business using excel? Hi have a look at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sweetheartbear19" <sweetheartbear19@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AC6FE6F1-054B-4350-B7E4-0EA81F705C40@microsoft.com... > how can i get some free book keeping software for a small business using excel? ...

!!Famous Software ftp download 2006!!
We provide cracked softwares, these software are all in english language and absolutely full cracked. They are best softwares and best price. The list is not full, any more need, please mail me: zhtom1976@hotmail.com TEKSOFT�� CAMworks v2004 SP1.1-ISO 1CD CAMworks v2003-ISO 1CD ProCAM II 2003 1CD Autodesk: Inventor 10.0 3CD Inventor Series v10.0 Addon Inventor Professional 10.0 Inventor Professional v9.0-ISO 3CD Inventor v9.0 Design Accelerator-ISO 1CD Inventor v9.0 Design Accelerator PreVIEW-ISO 1CD Autodesk MDT 2006-ISO 1CD Autodesk MDT 2006 Addon Autodesk MDT 2005-ISO 1CD AutoCAD...

Date Formatting #6
Please can somebody help me. I need to disable date formatting in Excel 2003 & 2007. Excel's "helpfullness" is being VERY unhepfull at the moment. It is changing my style codes to dates, and if you format the cell to text then it applies some useless number that means nothing to me instead of what is supposed to be in that cell. I need to open already created csv files - so formatting the cells beforehand isnt an option. Please can somebody tell me how to disable date formatting entirely in Excel. The application dumps data to csv files. Users manipulate this data and wo...

Protection from format changes allowing form to be filled in
I have a questionnaire matrix to be filled in by others. I would like to protect the form from changes in format. However, others should be able to fill in the form by choosing from drop down list and/or writing in cells. The way I have been trying is: tools, protection, protect sheet, insert password, ok. Tried variations with contents, objects, scenarios boxes all ticked/partically ticked/blank. However, in all cases, the sheet becomes read only and does not allow to be filled in. Thank you for your help. Unprotect the worksheet (if you have it protected). Select the cells that the users ...