commodities in 2004

How do you add gold/silver to your investments?
0
anonymous (74722)
11/6/2003 5:44:44 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, david4943 wrote:

>How do you add gold/silver to your investments?

I would buy AU and HL. Are you thinking of ingots? Coins?

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

MS Money 2004 Lockups
I have just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004 and wish that I haden't. It seems that whenever I use any of the HTTP/Web portions of Money 2004, my application locks up. I have watched the application in Task Manager and it is still running, I just can do anything in it. There is nothing that I can click or access to bring it back to life. Each time that this has happened, I have to end the application and then restart. Also, I have gladly sent error reports to Microsoft so that someday an answer can be provided. In the mean time, does anyone have any suggestions short of uni...

Mon. 2004 "Invalid Format" Error
Hello to all. Hope someone can help. After everything has installed "succesfully" and I try to run the program I get the message Windows can't run this program because it is an inalid format. I have window ME 256 MG Ram 65% free with the money installed 32 bit memory 32 bit file system Does anyone know what the problem is? If you need more info please write in. Thanks, Robin ...

Mergers
I am trying to record a merger in Money 2004, Standard. When I click on "Record a Special Activity" in the portfolio page, the only choices I get are "Transfer an account" and "Record a split". Are mergers not available in the Standard Edition? Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, Jodie wrote: >I am trying to record a merger in Money 2004, Standard. >When I click on "Record a Special Activity" in the >portfolio page, the only choices I get are "Transfer an >account" and "Record a split". Are mergers not ava...

Converting from Quicken Deluxe 2004 to MS Money 2004 Deluxe
I downloaded and installed MS Money trial version and after trying to bring across my Quicken QDF file, Money has the accounts but no entries in the check registers. I tried both the File/ Import and the File/ Convert function. I do not use passwords. How do I get the rest of my Quicken data across? I am using Win 2000 pro. Asked and answered several times a week. Mx can't import Qx and is not documented as being able to, Mx can only import Qx-1 or less. Mx and Qx come out at the same time. Money designers are not clairvoyant about what the Quicken designers are doing. "Al(NC)&qu...

Sign in page Money 2004
How do I change the sign-in name? I've changed email addresses, and it preloads my old address at start-up. Thx in advance ...

Bug report for VBA on Office 2004 for Mac
As I don't want to use MS Passport, I hope that this will suffice as a bug report for Office 2004 for the Mac. I hope that someone will pass this along to the proper person. Anyway, if you have even one Cyrillic character (or probably one from any other non-Mac Roman script) in your hard drive volume name, VBA will not launch from within Word. I haven't tested the same from within Excel or other apps, or launching VBA by itself. This applies to the creation and recording of macros as well as the Visual Basic Editor itself. Here's hoping that someone reports this and that MS fi...

MONEY 2004 small business
with regard to MONEY 2004 small business edition - does anyone know how to change the appearence of the statement that is connected to the invoice in accounts receivables? We want to add a logo to the statement not the invoice. Also move around some of the componenets of the statement before we print it.The invoice designer does NOT have anything on the statement appearence. Kristine, You might what to post this question in the proper newsgroup. microsoft.public.money -- * "Kristine" <KristineJFleming@msn.com> wrote in message news:034501c49b58$e11ae500$a301280a@ph...

Uninstalled Word 2004 test drive
I installed the "Test Drive" version of Microsoft Word 2004 on my ibook, = G2,=20 500 mhz, machine. I am running Panther. After trying it for a couple = days=20 and becoming very frustrated with the program I followed all directions = to=20 remove the program ... I removed only the 2004 version. After uninstalling I could not automatically open any of my word = documents.=20 I never "created" any using the test drive, but I can't open any of my=20 documents created on my Word X version. Trying to open these documents I received an error message: "The operation co...

Cannot Get Money 2004 to allow verification of downloads
Money will not allow me to verify transaction downloads before entering into my register. It used to but I did something to disable it and now cannot get that check back. In microsoft.public.money, Audrey wrote: >Money will not allow me to verify transaction downloads >before entering into my register. It used to but I did >something to disable it and now cannot get that check back. You can clear the two Tools->Options->OnlineServices->Automatically.... boxes if they are checked. ...

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can NOT shrink the window!! #3
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...

Money 2004 Veritas Backup
Caution - 3rd party backup programs eg Veritas cannot backup the *.mny file if downloads are scheduled -mnyschdl is a running task. Veritas finds the *.mny file in use; thus, it is not backed up. ...

Upgrade Mac MSO v.X To Mac MSO 2004 To Mac MSO 2008
I own a G4 iMac 15-inch which runs 10.4.11. I plan to purchase an Intel iMac 24-inch soon. I am a registered user of MSO v.X. I wish to purchase the MSO 2004 upgrade at the discounted upgrade price which often sells for $203.99. Then I wish to upgrade MSO 2004 to MSO 2008 for the $6.99 upgrade price. Does my MSO v.X version qualify for the MSO 2004 upgrade price? Will the MSO 2004 installer recognize my MSO v.X installation as a qualifying upgradeable package? Is my MSO v.X to MSO 2008 upgrade path legitimate? On a sidebar, I plan to perform a fresh installation of MSO 2008 on the Inte...

Help! Can't Import Quicken 2001 Deluxe Data into MS Money 2004 Standard
Hello, I have a relatively new Compaq Desktop (2.5 GHz Celeron with 512 MB RAM). I have a Viewsonic Pocket PC and I wanted to use it to track my financial data so I purchased Money 2004 Standard. I tried several times to convert my Qucken Data (it's a big file--I've been using Quicken since 1995). My Quicken program is Quicken 2001 Deluxe. Anyway, the MS Money program started to convert and after a few minutes said: "Your Quicken file could not be converted. Money could not convert your Quicken file. You might have run out of disk space or system memory. Try closing othe...

Money 2004 #56
AM trying to get my home mortgage loan automatic payment to show a transfer of escrow fund to an escrow account. MOney doesnt seem to be able to do this using the loan amortization schedule. SUggestions? IS there something I am missing? I have used MAnaging Your Money for 15 years,...and am familiar with QUicken. DId I make a mistake to switch to Money? g I'm not sure what the loan amortization schedule has to do with this. Do you have a scheduled loan payment setup in bills & deposits? If so, edit the series, go into details, add another line to the existing Principal Transf...

Why does Outlook 2004 forget passwords ?
I keep getting this problem, it's sporadic so I can't quite place my finger on what's actually causing it, but it forgets the passwords I've setup with my POP & hotmail accounts. Additionally, I reckon the same core-code for handling hotmail is used in Outlook as has been used in older versions of Outlook Express- because the same problems are exhibited. Steve ...

generate new report in Money 2004 #2
How can I generate a new report in Money 2004. It seems that the only way to do it is modify a old report but I want to keep they old report. I want to generate a new report for 2006 but keep the old 2005 report. When I change the date on the old report it does not ask me if I want to save it. Any ideas. Thanks in advance In microsoft.public.money, marvo wrote: >How can I generate a new report in Money 2004. It seems that the only >way to do it is modify a old report but I want to keep they old report. In a report, you can save a version as a "Favorite". >I want to gen...

Microsoft Publisher Greeting Card Contest 2004 #3
Yes, it is that time! Put your best ideas together and create a greeting card with Microsoft Publisher for your chance to win a copy of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional! For more details, check out the following link: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=103 Submit your entries to: contest@publishermvps.com. All entries must be submitted by December 17, 2004. All entries will be converted to Publisher 98 format by me before uploading so that more users may be able to open the files. I will also retain the original file format offline. If you have any questions, please let us kn...

Standard Edition of Office:mac 2004
pppplease can someone help me throw some light on this..!! I recently bought from ebay a new copy of Microsoft office 2004 Standard (full) edition... Although when i received the package it only had the dvd in a blank case.. Although it is the original Microsoft and NOT a copy, it does however have on the dvd "Home Use Program" So 2 my question, is this the cheaper version of the full standard Edition.. Many Thanks Lizardken All versions of Office 2004 are full versions--they all have the same features. (This only changed with Office 2008). It sounds like you bought something tha...

Receiving payment on invoices in Money 2004 Small Business
I use Microsoft Money for a small business I have on the side. I set up invoices for my clients and when they pay I receive payment through the invoice section. Sometimes I may deposit several invoice payments on the same bank deposit, so when I download transactions from the bank they will never match with my money register and if I delete the downloaded transaction it just keeps redownloading it everytime I update my bank records. How do I handle this to avoid this without having to enter every deposit on a separate bank deposit? Thank You. There are a few different options for ...

Asset Allocation Downloads in 2004 Deluxe Only Partially Working
When mutual fund prices are downloaded in Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe, the funds asset allocation percentages for bonds, cash and other are also updated. The percentages for small-caps, mid-caps and large-caps are not updated. It's very tedious to enter this information by hand. How can I activated net updates for these values? I don't think anybody knows an answer to this or your previous post, same subject. "Ray" <ray@wijiji.net> wrote in message news:ucZzAzHZDHA.2592@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > When mutual fund prices are downloaded in Microsoft Money 2004 Delux...

Office 2004--what's the 3rd installation CD for?
I just purchased and installed MS Office 2004 on my brand-new Mac Mini. Everything seems to be working fine, but the installation process only required two of the three CDs. What's the third installation CD for, and if I didn't use it, am I missing anything from the installation? Hello, Maybe it's the CD for Virtual PC (if you have the professionnal version of MS Office) On 18/11/05 1:43, in article 1132274609.639685.321710@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "japanime" <gkardy@gmail.com> wrote: > I just purchased and installed MS Office 2004 on my brand-new Mac ...

convert money 99 to money 2004
I am trying to upgrade from Money 99 to Money 2004 Premium. I'm using a Win98/PII/384ram/8gb free. Retail version of Money 2004 Premium wil not successfully convert 99 ..mbf or .mny file after several attempts. Have tried upgrading over existing Money 99 and uninstalling Money 99 and installing Money 2004. Have also tried converting these 99 files through the free trial dl as well to no avail. After each uninstall attempt, all remaining registry entries are deleted, and remaining files and folders also. During each install, background programs are disabled. The program itself installs...

Encryption in Money 2004
Does Money encrypt the data file in money 2004? If not can I use the encryption in XP to encrypt the money data folder and have XP decrypt it when money opens it? In microsoft.public.money, XP Pro wrote: >Does Money encrypt the data file in money 2004? If you put on a password or Passport, yes. The method is not specified, so don't count on it to be strong. > If not can I use the >encryption in XP to encrypt the money data folder and have XP decrypt it >when money opens it? > That should work too. ...

Money 2004 Trial #2
I have been using the US version of Microsoft Money 2001 for a few years now and have no reason to upgrade until recently when i purchased a pocket pc with the latest operating system. I have downloaded the trial of Money 2004 and been using it on my PC and Pocket PC and are happy with the results. The problem is that as I am no longer living in the US i cannot upgrade it on line or through the Microsoft shop. I also tried purchasing from Amazon but they also would not ship it internationally. Does anyone have any suggestions as to my options I have many years of information that I dont wis...

Office 2004 creates problems with Mac Mail
I installed Office 2004 on a Mac G4 running O/S 10.3.5. I did not install Entourage. I installed Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Messenger. As soon as I installed Office 2004 I started having problems with Mac Mail. When I receive an e-mail from someone, I have no problem reading it. However when I hit reply and the window comes up to type my reply around the incoming message, the incoming message has turned to total gobbleygook. It is still in regular characters but they make no sense. Additionally, when I get incoming e-mail, my Mac Mail icon in the dock has a superscript that shows how many...