Columns in Money 2004

Is there any way to change the default columns in the register view ? I
really dont want the flagged column, and would like to include a column for
categories. Is it possible to do this ?
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, VerticalCobra wrote:

>Is there any way to change the default columns in the register view ? I
>really dont want the flagged column, and would like to include a column for
>categories. Is it possible to do this ?

No.

Try Ctrl+T to toggle to multi-line display and back.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money 2004 won't load after system reinstall
I just had to reinstall my Windows XT after a faulty "update" of the .net framework destroyed it. I've mostly managed to reinstall everything except the OEM copy of Money 2004. Everything seems to install fine, but when I run it I get a message that the program is "Unable to load the Registration library (DLL)." Any ideas? I do intend to upgrade to the full 2005 version, but right now I've got backed-up financial data I need for my current federal taxes that I can't get to. -Rich No ideas here at all? Wow.... -Rich "Richard Ogden" <rogdeNOSP...

Sorting or aligning columns
I am trying to sort two columns so the data in both of them line up. For example column a will have a, b, c, d, e, f and so on in it. Column B will have a, c,e, f, but missing some of the letters that are in a. How do I line up both of these columns so a lines up with a and b lines up with b and so on. Where there is not a match in both it leave a blank in the second column. Thank You For Your Help Jeremy I saved this from a previous post. Option Explicit Sub testme() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim wks As Worksheet Dim ColA As Range Dim ColB As Range ...

Return Value in Column 2 Q
I have a table which contains 2 columns and 30 rows of Data Col1 = Sales Col2 = ManHours I wish to "lookup" a value that is input into A1 (which will be a sales value) and Return the appropriate ManHours associated with these sales. My only problem is that my value in A1 will probably not match exactly what is in Col1. For example Col1 increments in 100's, so it will show sales of 9,000, 9,100, 9,200 etc Opposite these Sales values will be Manhours, say, 50, 55, 58 etc Cell A1 might contain 9,040, thus the value I want returned is 55. Likewise if A1 = 9,025 this should al...

how to get data automatic moves to next column?
I am using a barcode scanner to read in barcode numbers into excel. But everytime after I scan a barcode, excel moves to the cell in the next row. What I want is moves down to the next column. Anyone with information please help. Thankyou very much! Hi, Maybe there is way of setting up Excel and/or the barcode scanner such that the values go to successive columns rather than rows. However, the following formula may be a workaround for your current setup. If the scanned data are going to, say A1, A2, A3, ......, and you want them to go to A1, B1, C1 ...., enter the following formula...

Passport Login for Money 2004
I tried all of the tips offered on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338/en-us and I am still not able to login to my Money file, even offline. I have two different Passport accounts and both of them allow me to login to money.msn.com but will not allow me to login to the app on my desktop. I've spent ~ 6 hrs this week trying to resolve this issue to no avail! How FRUSTRATING! Is this Microsoft's way of trying to force us 2004 users to upgrade? "Fboyl" wrote: > I tried all of the tips offered on > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338/en-us and I am sti...

How to replace column letter in refferences with a function using the old column letter?
Hello How to replace column letter(s) (or column numbers) in refferences with a result of a function using the old column letter(s) (or column numbers)? I think you mean =INDIRECT(A1&7) where A1 holds the letter in this instance. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:%23bHpscyzFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to replace column letter(s) (or column numbers) in refferences with a > result of a function using the old column letter(s) (or column numbers)? > > Thanks for your reply. How to change...

how to totalize only column value from certain accounting -> Currency format
For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a different currency (cell format Accounting). How to perform? All cells can have any currency USD or EUR. Column A Column B: USD 5,000.00 EUR 3,765,00 USD 100.00 Total USD 5,100.00 Total EUR 3,765.00 Thank you, Bart Excel 2003 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A3="USD"),(B1:B3)) similar for euros -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007c "AA Arens" wrote: > For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a > different currency (cell...

Delete data from one column only
I have a table with 8 columns lets say (A-H) there is data in these columns consisting of 128+ rows. All I need to do is delete the information in column "A" only while keeping the data stored in columns ( B-H). I would like to do this by adding a button on the form is possible. Thank you First things first ... BACKUP! Now, create a new query in which you update the value of that field/column (by the way, Access is NOT a spreadsheet -- you'll want to stop thinking about "columns A-H"!). You can add a command button to your form that runs that update query. No...

Money 2004 crashes on start up
I have money 2004 ST running on XP SP2. The program is bundled on Dell machine, and I just tried to use it for the first time, but it's keep crashing during the start-up. Any solution or possible cause? I reinstalled the program but no difference. I'm using Norton Antivirus corporate edition running in the machine. I also turned off the 'file system realtime protection' option, but still not working. Somebody can help me? In microsoft.public.money, mountainbread wrote: >I have money 2004 ST running on XP SP2. The program is bundled on Dell >machine, and I ju...

Why is Bank of America CA not on list of bank in new Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business
Hi, I see Bank of America (All except CA, WA, and ID) and then Bank of America (WA and ID). Am I missing something or am I interpreting this incorrectly? In microsoft.public.money, ado510@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, I see Bank of America (All except CA, WA, and ID) and then Bank of >America (WA and ID). Am I missing something or am I interpreting this >incorrectly? There have been some recent changes in the Bank of America statement download area: From http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=B&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#14 there are 3 choices now show...

How do I incorporate 2 columns into 1 column
All, My issue is that I have 2 columns of data, Column A and Column B. What I would like to do is combine these 2 columns into 1 that would result in something like this: A1 B1 A2 B2 A3 B3 etc There are 1000+ entries in each column and I have tried creating a 3rd column plugging into the cells the following, hoping to create the ability to click and drag and fill the rest of the relative values: =A1 =B1 =A2 =B2 =A3 =B3 etc However, when I click and drag, I am not able to keep the pattern going. It always seems to revert to something like this after I try to click and drag the fill box:...

How do I reposition a column on an excel spreadsheet
I want to move column J with data over to become column B. How to do this? Select Col J. Right click>Cut Select ColB. Right click>Insert Cut Cells -- Jacob "JonesALewis" wrote: > I want to move column J with data over to become column B. How to do this? Jacob's was is a good way of doing it. Here is another. Highlight the column. Hold down the Shift Key and Drag it to column B and Drop it. Note that when you are holding the shift key and drag you get an I Beam to indicate where you are about to drop the row. If you do not hold down the Shift key...

install anti virus warning 2004
I just installed money 2004 delux on a new computer. The computer came with norton anti virus. The install message tells me to disable Norton Anti Virus before installing. It also states that anti virus software can cause problems when downloading stock prices and other information. I disabled Norton and installed the product and it seems to be working fine. Do I need to disable norton everytime I want to download something from the web into money? I always updated stock prices to money through the web when I was on vers.99. The warning message on the install screen told me to look...

MS Money 2203 D&B
I am creating a new budget in Money 2003 Deluxe & Business. I am in the "Enter Your Expenses" section. I want to add a category to a group, so I select "Add" then "Add a category to a budget group". Then I can select from a list of the categories. HOWEVER, the list only includes personal use categories. All the categories that are business related do not show up. How do I select a business category ???? How do I make a budget of business expsenses ???? ...

Money file conversion on new install
I'm stumped. I've used Money Deluxe 04 without any problems. Downloaded the Money Deluxe 05 trial version and used it for a month with no problems. And now I just bought the Deluxe 05 version, installed it, but when it first comes up, it says it needs to convert "My Money" file for use, but then it says "Money cannot locate My Money or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. " Its not read only and when I try to restore the back up version, I get the same err...

Capital One credit card not working with Money
I have had trouble adding my Capital One credit card account to Microsoft Money, and based on comments from others on the newsgroups I am not the only one. To that end, I have decided to document my journey through the land of MS and Capital One tech support to try and get this issue resolved. http://msmoneycaponesupport.blogspot.com Perhaps others with the same problem will read this documentation and agree with me. Or perhaps I am wrong and someone can give me a hand. In a nut shell, I believe that when setting up a Capital One credit card account in Money (I'm using Plus Deluxe)...

Excel
I need to mix some columns like this: Suppose A1:A3 = 1,2,3 and B1:B3 = a,b,c How can I get C1:C6 = 1,a,2,b,3,c ? Is it possible just with formulae (no macro) ? Any help would be appreciated TIA GM -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try this in C1 =A1&","&A2 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "GML >" <<GML.16ot1c@...

Multi-user problems with Money
My wife and I both use Money and we share the money file. The money file includes all our accounts. This creates some interesting problems: 1) Only one passport can be attached to the file. Occasionally I'll need my wife to enter her credentials on my machine. It looks like there's a solution that requires us to send our financial data to the MSN servers (which we don't want to do) and then it can keep each of our separate money files in sync. Ich. We just want to attach two passports to the file. 2) We have two separate accounts at the same bank, but share a credit ca...

Money 2004 Sounds Scheme Missing In Regular Accounts
I installed Money 2004 in a WinXP Pro system with different accounts. I notice that I only get sounds in the administrator account and not in the other ones, except for the default voice on tips and help. Under the Administrator account, Control Panel > Sound And Audio Devices > under Sounds Tab there's an scheme for Money, but this entry is missing in other user accounts. How can I add the sounds in other user accounts? Thanks! ...

Extract AutoFilter Column Values?
Hi all, I have a column of road names, with various repititions of the same name. I want to extract each individual road name to a separate column (exactly the same as the Data>Filter>Autofilter command). The column has about 500 records of 50 unique road names, and its these unique road names that I want?? Please help, its greatly appreciated!! Regards, Dwayne -- dwayneh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dwayneh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21211 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

money 2005
I originally had money 2004 and had no problems getting my credit scores updates automatically. Ever since I upgraded to 2005, I get the following error: This error happens instantaneously. "Money is unable to access Experian at this time, possibly becuase of server problems. Please try again later" I can contact experian directly without any problems. It's a bug. This seems to effect those upgrading from Money 2004 to Money 2005. The only workaround is to manually visit the experian website and log in. If you are trying to sign up for the free service with Experia...

How do I transpose multiple rows into columns?
I have data organized (in Office 2007) as such: A B C D E F and so on I want to tranpose it so it appears in columns as: A B C D E F and so on. Is there a way to transpose multiple rows so the information is stacked into columns? Thanks a million! Copy > PasteSpecial > Transpose.........as many times as you need......can be set to a macro if done frequently.. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Nick" wrote: > I have data organized (in Office 2007) as such: > > A > B > C > > D > E > F > > and so on > > I want to tranpose it so...

A Few Issues With Microsoft Money Essentials 2007
First I'd like to say this almost completely meets my needs; not doing too much but automatically aggregating and updating bank and credit card accounts seamlessly in the background. However, here are the issues: Small rant: Bank of America (WA) fails to sync at times. Manually running update a number of times will usually get it to sync, but this is annoying, especially when I can manually access my account information online. Bigger rant: Occasionally I transfer money to an account not tracked by Money and it forces me to categorize it as either an expense or income when it is n...

Money 2004 #92
Is this problem of not being allowed into Money 2004 - signin unsuccessful Please try again - only relatef to Money 2004 or are other versions having the same problem? I have not been able to get into Money 2004 for 4 days. Is this related to the online services having expired? I read some where that you only get 2 - 3 years of online service depending on what version you have. But the date was for September 1, 2007 so why is this just happening now? "Eh!" wrote: > Is this problem of not being allowed into Money 2004 - signin unsuccessful > Please try again -...

Add a column to look up records webpage dialog
Hello All, When in the account record and wanting to add "An Existing" contact, I click on contacts and then I click the add existing contact. If I type Jim Smith, I get 10, but I want to also display the state in the available records list, how does one add that column. I tried making state recommended and required on the contact record, but that does not do the trick. I remember doing that years ago in 3.0, but I don't recall how to do that in 4.0? Thanks e Go to customise entities, choose Contact, go to "forms and views" and customise the "<Contac...