close Money -> "Microsoft Money has stopped working"

Almost every single time I close Microsoft Money, I receive an error
that says "Microsoft Money has stopped working: A problem caused the
program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and
notify you if a solution is available."

My file never appears to become corrupted since anything that I
changed during my session reappears correctly the next time I start
Money.  Occasionally I receive a similar error but for Microsoft Money
Background Banking.

I'm using Vista SP1.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

'Microsoft Money has stopped working' #2
I'm running Microsoft Money Plus Delux and Vista Home Premium. When attempting to start Money I recieve the Error message: <'Microsoft Money has stopped working' A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you know if a solution is available.> I have read other threads with similar sounding problems and I have tried: +> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942485 +> running as administrator by right clicking icon +> article 836197; MSXML 4.0 SP2 +> uninstall won't work for some reason; nor does reinstall f...

close Money -> "Microsoft Money has stopped working"
Almost every single time I close Microsoft Money, I receive an error that says "Microsoft Money has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." My file never appears to become corrupted since anything that I changed during my session reappears correctly the next time I start Money. Occasionally I receive a similar error but for Microsoft Money Background Banking. I'm using Vista SP1. ...

Microsoft Money has stopped working
I have MS Money 2003 Standard. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows Vista Business and when I load Money it seems to work fine with the blank Money file installed as standard. As soon as I try to open one of my files, it tries to update the database to the current version which seems weird as it is the same disc installation I was using on my XP machine. Just after the "update" starts it gives me the "Microsoft Money has stopped working" error and tries to contact Microsoft for a reason. No reason comes back so it restarts Money. Please help as I really need ...

Microsoft Money has stopped working #3
Every time I open my money file, Money crashes almost instantly and displays the message that "Microsoft Money has stopped working". I have tried following some of the suggestions already posted and it still isn't working. I am able to open the sample money file. When I go to repair my money file once in the program then I get the following error: "The utility could not repair your file. Repair a different version of your file, restore a backup or reinstall Money. You should also make sure your file is not saved as read only. (0x800a1462)" I am using Money ...

RESOLUTION to Microsoft Money Has Stopped Working Issue
I tried the below, uncheck the box that says Run this program in compatability mode for: It was a success! Thank you Gary! GarDavis wrote: > > Properties also showed it was using WinXP compatability mode so I > unchecked that and tried again. > > It worked on the sample and also on my networked mny file. > > Help->About showed version 1415. > > All is well again:) > > Gary Davis Where is the box located that you uncheck? "The Big Woo" wrote: > I tried the below, uncheck the box that says Run this program in > compatability...

'Microsoft Money has stopped working'
Running MS Money 2007, Windows Vista (home premium). Starting last night, directly after logging in (or working off line), I get an error 'Microsoft Money has stopped working' and money crashes; the problem details are below. Worked up until last night. I've tried system restore, uninstalling (including deleting money directory, and cleaning registry) and reinstalling, and the error persists. any suggestions? thanks, Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: MSMoney.EXE Application Version: 16.0.0.1303 Application Timestamp: 459cb23b Fault Module...

"Microsoft Money has stopped working"
Whenever I try to open Microsoft Money Plus, I receive the message "Microsoft Money has stopped running" and the program immediately crashes. Here are the details: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: msmoney.exe Application Version: 17.0.0.1414 Application Timestamp: 47b661e7 Fault Module Name: mnyob99.dll Fault Module Version: 17.0.0.1414 Fault Module Timestamp: 47b6614f Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 0026f659 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 6f51 Additional Information 2: c27f10fbe2c27f8f...

Microsoft Money Has Stopped Working #2
Yesterday I started Money Plus and got a message that there was an update to download and install. I completed that update and got a message that if Money didn't run to properly to restart my computer. I did that and when I try to run Money I get a message that says MICROSOFT MONEY HAS STOPPED WORKING. I tried to use the fix that you sent me back in November of 2007, which pointed me to this article in the Microsoft Knowledge Database http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942485 but it did not work. When I clicked "turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:&...