Check Printing - challenge to anyone out there

All of a sudden, after a year of normal use, checks won't
print properly.  I suspect someone changed a setting, but
I can't see how to change it back, or where to find how
to do it.

In Print Setup, Check type shows: standard, voucher,
wallet...and standard Quicken, voucher Quicken and wallet
Quicken.  When selecting the "wallet" type, which is
what's always been used, I now get a message saying that
this type of check requires a tractor feed, which my
printer doesn't have, and never had.  When I then proceed
to print, checks print 4 to a page, overflowing onto a
second page, and generally don't align with much.
Obviously, the selected check type is set up to associate
with a tractor printer, rather than an ink-jet.  Does
anyone out there know how to set that check type so that
it doesn't assume tractor feed?

0
anonymous (74722)
4/6/2004 7:42:25 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Have you tried Laser Wallet???

"Mike D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden, after a year of normal use, checks won't
> print properly.  I suspect someone changed a setting, but
> I can't see how to change it back, or where to find how
> to do it.
>
> In Print Setup, Check type shows: standard, voucher,
> wallet...and standard Quicken, voucher Quicken and wallet
> Quicken.  When selecting the "wallet" type, which is
> what's always been used, I now get a message saying that
> this type of check requires a tractor feed, which my
> printer doesn't have, and never had.  When I then proceed
> to print, checks print 4 to a page, overflowing onto a
> second page, and generally don't align with much.
> Obviously, the selected check type is set up to associate
> with a tractor printer, rather than an ink-jet.  Does
> anyone out there know how to set that check type so that
> it doesn't assume tractor feed?

Looking toward A+ 2003 Certification , Here is great  Link
for Excellent A+ 2003 Certification Guide,

http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp
Also here is another Money saving  idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
and Scheduale  the exam  using  A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
US $ 63
http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp

"Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in message news:<uzmH8mBHEHA.2052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> Have you tried Laser Wallet???
>
> "Mike D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > All of a sudden, after a year of normal use, checks won't
> > print properly.  I suspect someone changed a setting, but
> > I can't see how to change it back, or where to find how
> > to do it.
> >
> > In Print Setup, Check type shows: standard, voucher,
> > wallet...and standard Quicken, voucher Quicken and wallet
> > Quicken.  When selecting the "wallet" type, which is
> > what's always been used, I now get a message saying that
> > this type of check requires a tractor feed, which my
> > printer doesn't have, and never had.  When I then proceed
> > to print, checks print 4 to a page, overflowing onto a
> > second page, and generally don't align with much.
> > Obviously, the selected check type is set up to associate
> > with a tractor printer, rather than an ink-jet.  Does
> > anyone out there know how to set that check type so that
> > it doesn't assume tractor feed?

0
g102030 (1)

Connect to Exchange using http keeps checking itself
Running Exchange 2007, I have one user in our office who occasionally will have their Outlook 2007 check the connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP box and then the Only Connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate. We use a certificate just one you can create yourself, we don't have issues with other people who use the certificate to connect with outlook from their homes but when in the office this user occasionally will have outlook check this for him. He unchecks the area and it works for awhile but eventually it returns. Any help wou...

how can i print the screen with my inbox messages
i would like to print off my outlook inbx screen so that I can try to analse what is needed. analyse what is needed? What do you mean? -- Bill Rodgers MVP "mrs h" <mrs h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CE41A55-09D9-42F9-85E3-78D8A96C5194@microsoft.com... >i would like to print off my outlook inbx screen so that I can try to >analse > what is needed. mrs h <mrs h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i would like to print off my outlook inbx screen so that I can try > to analse what is needed. While viewing the window you want,...

sum of check box
Hi, I made a report from a query. In my report I have multiple check box (yes/no). I would like to sum all the yes check box at the end of the report. I tried =Abs(Sum([name_of field])) as well as =Sum(IIf([name_of_field]=True,1,0)) and for both, I get the result on the report as ''yes''....???... Any suggestion? Thanking you in advance! Cheers, Ka Fix the format property of the sum control (xerox engineering?) Pieter "ka" <ka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C09F5EB4-C98C-452C-A1A7-E0AFE8099D72@microsoft.com... > Hi, > >...

Printing fast on a dot matrix printer
How does one print fast on a dot matrix printer without any doule print or draft ourput which does not appear on the print properties when you select Epson dot matrix printer. There are 17 columns in a report that I want to print but without any double printing or printing the same line twice.(I have suceeded in doing that) i.e in quick mode. One could easily do that in lotus1-2-3. Please let me know ASAP. Thanks -- LEARNING MS OFFICE THOROUGHLLY ...

Why when I print out a spreadsheet on Excel it doesn't have lines
Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper when I print out my spreadsheet using excel? Go to the File menu and choose Page Setup. There, select the Sheet tab and put a check mark in the Gridlines checkbox. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "johnson001" <johnson001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9FAA5D-7856-4680-8F08-BB0D999F5C05@microsoft.com... > Please tell me how to get lines(rows and columns) on my paper > when I print > out my spreadsheet using excel...

bar chart prints 1 unwanted horizontal row of dots & tick marks?
Office Excel 2007. Anyone encounter this? The sheet I'm printing is 19 columns wide by 69 rows high with portrait orientation. Bar chart is set between row 25 and 47 horizontally. The x-axis is increasing months. 2 vertical bars are set between the major gridlines. It so happens that the chart vertical gridlines are very close to lining up with the spreadsheet cells above/below the chart. Print preview shows nothing unusual, but when printed, 1 row right throught the middle of the chart has 1 to 2 dots and a character high tick mark appear to the right of each right most(second) bar...

Printing Tent Cards
I'm using Word 2003 & trying to print several tent cards with a single name on them. The first three printed fine and were centered. All of a sudden, they're printing to the left, but not quite left justified. What happened? How do I fix this? Thanks Maybe you accidentally touched a key combination that changed to left- justify, and your paragraph style has an indent? Turn on Show Non-Printing Characters (Ctrl-Shift-8) to be sure you don't have stray spaces or tabs or something before the line, and be sure to use the correct paragraph style (are you using a d...

Conditional Printing of Certain Fields in A Report
i need to have a conditional printing of some fields (SEE BELOW) VENDOR SHARE $999.99 LESS TAX $999.99 country ENGLAND tax (%) 20% AMT DUE $999.99 how do I print only these 5 lines when the tax amount is not zero. Also how do i combine line 2,3 & 4 and looks like LESS ENGLAND (20%) TAX instead. I tried doing the following: ="LESS" & [COUNTRY] &"(" &[TAX (%)] &")" in the control source but i got a #ERROR error Any help would be appreciated. Kevin T <Kevin T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to...

LDAP and Check Names
We currently have Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 5.5 server (neither of these products can be upgraded), and our organisation has an LDAP server. I have added the LDAP server into Outlook, and if you go to the Address book and do a search, it returns all the values it is supposed to. However, you change the order of the address books so that the LDAP server is searched first, type a name (surname or forename) into the "To" box and click check names then the LDAP server is not searched. Instead the following error is generated: "The search request to the L...

Print multiple pages per Sheet in Excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet with 12 rows that goes for many columns ( with formulas). Is there a way to print this where three pages are on each piece of paper? How about inserting a new worksheet, then copying and pasting (as values) to that new sheet. Then print that "helper" worksheet. If you have to do this lots, this may be worth the trouble. Insert a new sheet. select a nice range on the original sheet Edit|copy go to the new worksheet shift-edit|Paste picture link Repeat so that you have pictures of the ranges so it prints the way you want. Then print this helper worksheet. Th...

Out of Office Assitant Missing!!! Anyone got info on this?
My "Out of Office Assitant" is missing and the "Help" menu is not of any help. I'm using Windows XP. I know I've used it in the past on this computer but now it is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions? Thanks, Celtic Dog Dear Celtic, If your Outlook on this computer is not connected to an Exchange Server, then there will be no Out of Office Assistant. The Out of Office Assistant is only available in "networked" versions of Outlook. Bob Sullivan "Celtic Dog" wrote: > My "Out of Office Assitant" is missing and the "He...

anyone could share SNMP library for PocketPC/WinCE??
I would like to implment a SNMP-based app. in my Pocket PC I have looked for so many C++ SNMP library, but wasnt able to port to WinCE anyone has experience/guideline for me?? pls advise ...

Printing a small publication
I am using Publisher 2000. I have made a small publication consisting of 8 pages size A5. Now I want to print say 3 copies of the publication I have a standard Minolta Magicolor 2430 laser printer, which can only print on one side of the A4 paper (no duplex printing) When I select page 1 and CtrlP, Active page, 3 copies, uncheck sets (I do not know the English term, but I get all page 1 and then all page 2 etc.) and finally OK, the printer prints 3 sheet with page 1 and page 8. (side by side filling the A4 sheet) Now I want to print pages 2 and 7 on the other side of page 1 and 8 by inse...

Challenge with Oiutlook 2003 Archive
As a newbie, I am having a challenge when I try to archive a .PST file that is stored on my hard-drive. When I do a manual archive, (I want to archive particular .PSTs to their own archive), I noticed that in some of the subfolders, the emails that might have an attachment, are not archived, and in other different sub-folders, some emails are not touched at all. I can't use the Autoarchive settings as Outlook seems to just use one .PST to archive all folders. I need to keep my archives separate and distinct. Would appreciate some suggestions or settings that need to be adjusted as...

Printing a User Form
I have a user form using columns A-V in Excel which scrolls down to Row 200. Each row contains customer details in the colums A to V e.g, Name/Address/ Contact Numbers/ Age etc. As I scroll down the list of custermers their details appear in the relevant boxes on the User Form. Is it possible when a customers details fill in the relevant boxes that I can print the User Form with just their details. I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the User Form however cannot get it to print. Any help would be much appreciated. Hi Mully, > I hane placed a Command Button ( Print ) on the...

Excel worksheet saved as web page--trouble printing
I have an worksheet that uses a graphic for a background, which I hav also saved in HTML using the Save as a Web Page option. The web pag looks great--but just like the excel background graphic, th "background" graphic in the webpage won't print out for me. Is there any way to fix this so that the graphic will print when print the web page? Thanks--Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com check the background printing options within the tools, options menu and also the printer properties. hope that helped. >-----Original Message----- >I have an workshee...

How do I print save as files?
Someone sent me an excel spreadsheet. I made some corrections and saved it in the save as option. Now its in OLKD and I can not print it or send it back to the customer with the corrections because it can not open. I am totally new at this.Please can someone help me open it for review and to print and maybe move it? Thanks in Advance.Molly You didn't do a Save As and change the directory. It was a temp directory and may or may not be available. If there's any hope, this is it: http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How...

Defining Print Ranges From Pivot Tables
I have a Excel Spreadsheet that contains 3 workbooks, two of which contain data, one of which contains data which my pivot table on the third workbook feeds off. When in the pivot table i have added 4 four more columns of calculations on the right hand side of the pivot table. These columns use data from the pivot table and the data sheet to perform the calculations. As the amount of data changes variably on what is selected from a field within the pivot table i have had to use iserror and isna formulas so when there is only a short table the colums to the right return blanks rather than error...

Sign-in Information Could Not Be Verified. Please Check Your....
Well, it finally bit me. I have Money 2006 Premium. All has been working great for online updates for months. Suddenly, two days ago, this message appeared, and I am locked out of doing any online updates to the current record/file. I have tried all 8 of Microsoft's suggested fixes. I can connect using the Sample.mny file, but when I then go back to my regular My Money.mny file, the same error message pops up again. Is there something someone here knows that I may be overlooking. I would surely hate to start this file from the beginning. Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, MBO ...

Checking Winning Numbers in the Lottery.
For people who may not understand the lottery rules for the UK. Person picks 6 numbers in the range 1 to 49 (no duplicates) If all the 6 numbers come up then when the lottery numbers are announced, then it is serious party time. Problem: - We have 25 people in our Lottery syndicate and therefore I want to automate the checking of numbers that are announced with numbers that are pre-selected by the 25 individuals. Additionally, I want to know how many numbers have matched in an individual row against those announced. E.G. Assume lottery number announced (in ascending sequence are) 1, ...

Why does my Excel document only prints the underscores?
I printed Sheet 1 of 4 and only the underscores printed. All other pages printed correctly. ...

Printing Check Register
Is there anyway to printout the check register in Money 2001? What about later versions? In microsoft.public.money, OhMarty wrote: >Is there anyway to printout the check register in Money 2001? What about >later versions? > 2001 and later versions allow File->Print from the register. You can also Customize the Transaction report to your liking. There you can select the date range and other factors, which may be advantageous. I have Money 2001, but there is no File->Print from the register. Seems like I can only print reports. I would like to print out the register just a...

Slow check box
HI all, Have a prob. I have multiple check boxes on my sheet but, they tak approx 2 seconds to select when 'clicked'. I know it still runs but have others similar that run instantaneously. Any ideas???? Cheers!! -- gavme ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gavmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32029 ...

My web publication is 5 pages but only 1 page prints. Why?
My web publication is 5 pages but only the page I am looking at will print even when I say print all or print pages 1-5. The same applies to sending as an email attachment - only page 1 is attached. I am using Publisher 2003. The publication is a school newsletter. The version previous to this one is fine. When I created this troublesome newsletter I copied the good version. Thanks for your help. -- Nancy B ...

Powerpoint Printing Problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I seem to be having problems printing or saving to a PDF in Powerpoint. I get the spinning disk and then the error reporting box comes up - this is really causing me problems as I'm trying to print lecture slides - PLEASE help!!! Thanks ...